the greatest temptation in pwi

Options

Comments

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    o estoy :O

from what i see i assume Data handles several billions of coins, so a scroll of tome wouldnt be a loss as big as for some others
    but on the other hand he seems to be a nice person:3 (not like most other fishes in that caliber)

...he was drunk, right? lol

--

people only drop **** to me where there is no long thinking IF or IF Not
    and if its some worthy drop, some blue name picks it up while i am at 20-30 m distance xd
    (i still wonder who made profit on that nirvana helmet :C)
    i like potato
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    Estoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    o estoy :O

from what i see i assume Data handles several billions of coins, so a scroll of tome wouldnt be a loss as big as for some others
    but on the other hand he seems to be a nice person:3 (not like most other fishes in that caliber)

...he was drunk, right? lol

--

people only drop **** to me where there is no long thinking IF or IF Not
    and if its some worthy drop, some blue name picks it up while i am at 20-30 m distance xd
    (i still wonder who made profit on that nirvana helmet :C)

ya, he said he lost track of how many gs he had cause he had been drinking a little to much :P
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So if someone can PK you they're a jerk? What kind of logic is that? That's like saying if someone has far superior gear than you, they're an awful human being. /fail

But yes you're right, a lot of people in IT aren't exactly the nicest people in the world, but every faction has it's good and it bad. IT is by far no exception. Trust me when I say that if those of us who aren't mean became mean... OT would most likely be nothing but IT and dead bodies lol. (Unless Regen came out in force but I doubt they would).

So in-light of everything I say if you can kill them and not feel guilty, take the drop. However if you're a kind-hearted person then give it back, a little kindness can go a long way in the future. Who knows if/when you drop something someday, someone will give it back to you.

You misunderstand, if someone can pk you it doesn't make them a jerk... what makes them a jerk is that they sit there and gank/farm people without reason or because they failed to win 1v1. That doesn't go for just IT, anyone that does that without fair reason is an ***.

As far as kindness.. I gave back every drop I ever pked unless the person was trash talking me or being an *** to my friends. I got into a fight with some Archer and during the fight I dc'd, while dc'd my SL went off and the Archer killed me. I dropped my FC gold fists, I didn't whine, I didn't beg, I didn't get angry, I asked politely for them back and didn't get them. Kindness towards others rarely makes a difference if the person wants to keep the drop anyway. I've since made a new BM with far better gear and I've more than made up the money it costs to make the fists so.. meh, it doesn't matter all that much anymore :P
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You misunderstand, if someone can pk you it doesn't make them a jerk... what makes them a jerk is that they sit there and gank/farm people without reason or because they failed to win 1v1. That doesn't go for just IT, anyone that does that without fair reason is an ***.

As far as kindness.. I gave back every drop I ever pked unless the person was trash talking me or being an *** to my friends. I got into a fight with some Archer and during the fight I dc'd, while dc'd my SL went off and the Archer killed me. I dropped my FC gold fists, I didn't whine, I didn't beg, I didn't get angry, I asked politely for them back and didn't get them. Kindness towards others rarely makes a difference if the person wants to keep the drop anyway. I've since made a new BM with far better gear and I've more than made up the money it costs to make the fists so.. meh, it doesn't matter all that much anymore :P

First off; Wow that archer is a ****. Gratz on making up for the cash.

And yes I agree with the whole ganking thing. I sit around OT and duel sometimes, but for the most part even I get pissed when people wont 1v1 when its requested or even consider fighting fair. Popping out of nowhere is a sins greatest advantage but also makes them look like a *-bag.

That being said, I choose not to PK because ppl will farm me because I'm a wizard. Its just a fact. Unless I'm in squad with a sin or a seeker I might as well just stand in the open and die. lmao. Still I can beat rank8 sins in 1v1 so thats worth something at least. (dont sue me for this, but a lot of the things IT does at OT pisses me off occasionally. Using team tactics in PK is good and all, but when there is only 4 or 5 ppl just standing around its unsportsmanlike)
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • AnnaKay - Dreamweaver
    AnnaKay - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have lost enough gear through PK to allow empathy for anyone else who might lose gear by my doings. I know how much it sucks to drop something, haha. But hey, its your own damn fault if you drop something in PK. Use GS and relog your SL, y'know? Its happened to everyone at least once.

Chances are? Even if I loathe you I would return anything. Regardless of the value. At the end of the day.. Even if it is -just- a game. Id feel to bad walking away with someone else's belongings. Or something that wasnt rightfully acquired.

Suppose maybe its all just a question of integrity. :P
  • Gsychell - Dreamweaver
    Gsychell - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ya, he said he lost track of how many gs he had cause he had been drinking a little to much :P

He was xD He was on vent with us that whole morning. He was so wasted he could hardly speak straight unless it was about fisting everyone at OT b:bye

dude kept forgetting to unequip the daggers and ended up killing ppl b:surrender

In PK, figure it doesn't matter on which faction a person is from to judge whether to be a **** to them or not. There are always a few exceptions to every rule. Can't stand IT cuz they just sit there and **** you until you rage at OT. It's just if you PK to be a ****, be ready to accept consequences. If you want to do it for fun, fine. Do it. And if you're a victim of the unfair circumstances of AOE or 'accidental tabbing' then whatever. Go back and kick some *** b:faint If they drop something, fine, do what you want with it. But prepared to take some serious backlash. **** happens
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    today i lost a GS in PVE Q_QQQQQQQQQQ
    i like potato
  • AnnaKay - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    He was xD He was on vent with us that whole morning. He was so wasted he could hardly speak straight unless it was about fisting everyone at OT b:bye

dude kept forgetting to unequip the daggers and ended up killing ppl b:surrender

In PK, figure it doesn't matter on which faction a person is from to judge whether to be a **** to them or not. There are always a few exceptions to every rule. Can't stand IT cuz they just sit there and **** you until you rage at OT. It's just if you PK to be a ****, be ready to accept consequences. If you want to do it for fun, fine. Do it. And if you're a victim of the unfair circumstances of AOE or 'accidental tabbing' then whatever. Go back and kick some *** b:faint If they drop something, fine, do what you want with it. But prepared to take some serious backlash. **** happens

There is no plural. I was the only one victimized to those daggers. Repeatedly. b:cryb:surrender
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There is no plural. I was the only one victimized to those daggers. Repeatedly. b:cryb:surrender

You wanted it, that short skirt and **** me shoes were just begging for it.
  • Gsychell - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options

b:surrender Poor thing. You might want to get that checked out.
    Daggers to the **** leave marks b:bye
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    b:surrender Poor thing. You might want to get that checked out.
    Daggers to the **** leave marks b:bye

You suck at tag
  • BloodyOne - Dreamweaver
    BloodyOne - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I voted before i read what it was for lol now i feel like an A hole cause it says id keep drops b:cry na lol the only drop i have ever kept is a pickaxe. yes people BIND THEM or else ill grab em b:laugh
    i even give mirages back b:surrender
    b:shocked no signature
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    for me it all depends on who it is that drops something. EG if i manage to kill a sin that usually tries to farm me, I would keep it or sell back at reduced value (considering if they are pvping without lock or GS, something tells me they can afford to replace whatever drops). If its someone Ive had no previous issues with / isn't a jerk off I'd let them have it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • AnnaKay - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Everyone, remember! Bank your GST if you plan on PK'ing.

That is all.

b:surrender
  • Gsychell - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You suck at tag

SO?! I don't have stealth n shadow jump n ****. >.> I'll just violate you with my gimp foxb:surrender
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There are also people that are total dicks and even if you don't QQ or rage about your drop, even if you ask nicely, they won't even sell it back to you for nearly full value. *starts keeping pk drops* b:avoid

Oh.. and the way it goes for IT members.... if they can pk you, they're a jerk. The only IT members I've seen that aren't jerks are the blue names or the ones that are too undergeared to do anything in pk. The ones with +10 gear and the sins tend to be arrogant and gank.

There might be... 3 exceptions. If that.

i think its the other way around, only 3 or 2 ppl from IT wold keep the drop if the person never keept theirs or been a jerk with them, thats just the way u wanna see things... IT didnt keep drops from inocent ppl, and our ganks r fun, it got OT back to life! uh... u know it ^.^ b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i think its the other way around, only 3 or 2 ppl from IT wold keep the drop if the person never keept theirs or been a jerk with them, thats just the way u wanna see things... IT didnt keep drops from inocent ppl, and our ganks r fun, it got OT back to life! uh... u know it ^.^ b:laugh

Uh huh...
  • Starflair - Dreamweaver
    Starflair - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If people don't want to lose their stuff, they can bind it, or not pk.

Uh, it's pretty clear that you're at risk of losing your stuff when you're killed so...I woulda kept it.
  • Kamiller - Dreamweaver
    Kamiller - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I would never keep other people's drops. I know people work hard for what they do have in game and even in real life. I would feel horrible keeping something even if it was dropped by someone who was nasty towards me.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i once killed raygan by mistake and he dropped his pants and his Dragon Mold or whatever it was called( the mold from harpy wraith) it was worth about 30mil back then :O i gave it back thou ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is actually a major reason I don't pk - I didn't get to vote in the poll, but mark me down for "I'd keep it." EDIT: I actually WAS able to vote, when I first opened thread, it only showed results, no option to vote, but after I posted, there was the poll :D

The only time in pk I wouldn't keep something someone dropped would be if I was messing around with faction members and one of them dropped something. A guildie, sure I'd return what was lost, ANYONE else, sorry, don't pk if you don't wanna lose your ****.

Another reason I don't pk is because it seems fairly dominated with sins and more of an annoyance than anything else, but mostly because I'm afraid I'd be that lucky girl to see something like that tome drop and I'd run like the wind with it - I don't wanna be known as a rotten *****, which I would be if I did something like that, so I just quit pk'ing altogether.

Yes, it's more fun when it's friendly, but if I saw certain people drop things in pk, I'd do my best to snatch up whatever it is and then do some nasty world chats showing it off, just like I have seen these certain people do to others.

of course, you just perfer kill stealing in CoA with your hubby ^-^
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    of course, you just perfer kill stealing in CoA with your hubby ^-^

Umad? b:avoid
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    After carefully thinking about this question, here's what I would do / have done in past.

I don't p in dreamweaver server, ever (outside of TW), however I have an alt in Lost City server, a 79 veno. One time another player attacked me there that was roughly equal to me. I ran away and he gave chase to me, so I inspected his gear quickly while running away and compared them to what I had and came to the result that I had superior gear and since I knew how to fight with my veno, I decided to stop running and take him down since I had determined I had a good chance at succeeding and indeed I did put that guy down and he dropped some low lvl, fairly worthless ****. He released and started cussing at me immediately, however despite that I went to quite long ways to return his items even if they werent worth much and he was being to jerk to me after I killed him.

So from that I can say that I would very likely return any items that were low worth for free, even if they were less nice to me.

However, a 400 mil tome? Depends a lot on situation and the person. If I see one just laying around not knowing whom it was, I'd propably keep it. And yes, you'd be amazed what kind of stuff you can just accidentally stumble upon at times. Have heard people finding truly valuable items just laying around.

If I knew the person that dropped it, I would propably return them unless they were being an absolute jerk. This statement I base on what happened some time ago with a ex faction member that I had bit of a crush on at first before he showed his true colours. I got a great, great, great TT90 arcane top to loan for TW. After TW I tried to return it fully repaired as was fair but he told me to keep it. Time passed and I asked if he wanted it back and he told me to keep it. Things fell sour between us, he left the faction and when he got mad at me one time I asked if he wanted the top back and he told me to keep it. Some more time passes and he contacts me out of the blue asking it back while insulting me and my faction. I tend to be nice even to those that are less nice to me, but when he insulted my faction he had crossed a line and so when he finally asked me to give the top back I decided to blacklist him and kept the top.

Therefore, I believe that if its just some random pk and theres no cussing, I'd propably return even a 400 mil tome, but if they get really nasty with me, I'd propably keep it, or sell it to someone else for full price, but under no circumstance would I sell it back to that person even for full price. That might spiteful, but at the same time, if I went to PK mode and dropped something, I'd be mortified yes, but I wouldn't expect it back either. At the same time I'd be utterly delighted if I did.

In short, yes, I'd give it back as long as the person ain't an ahhsole.
  • Renerei - Dreamweaver
    Renerei - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't p in dreamweaver server, ever

I don't think they have an emote for that yet :o

b:chuckle

(Sorry Hazuma, childish joke but I couldn't help it, muhahaha =P Sorry again)
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well there are two things that should be kept in mind.

a) a person who goes into PK mode without binding/protecting the gear can not blame another player for losing an item since it's the persons own fault that he/she has done so.
    Moreover there is a reason why PWI has included binding of items and personally i would consider it unfair to all those people who have payed money/coins for binding their gear to protect in PvP

b) on the other hand there is an informal mutual agreement on DW that people should get their stuff back when they drop it even if those players dont have any claim to get it back like explained in a). Especially in a case where the item is worth a lot of money/coins most people will agree that keeping such an item would give them an unjustified advantage since they simply dont deserve the item even if they have it. So if you want to be a good person you have to give it back especially because your conscience would eat at you when you would not do so. And you will not expect anything in exchange or any reward for giving it back.

Personally i think the best way to solve this situation would be that the original owner of the item makes a voluntary payment to the new owner of the item to get the item back. I consider half of the price of the item as too much but maybe 10% of the item value which in case of a 400mil item would still be 40mil. That sounds fair to me

greetz harm0wnie
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i read through the posts of this.. and ya'll are just too nice..
    but honestly, unless the person WASNT on my friends list i WOULD keep it.. and this reminds me.. that this actually happened to me 2 weeks ago, and you know what? i kept it.

there was 2 sins, trying to gank me.. so i teamed up with another sin. 2v2. one of them jumped on me, i invoked, beasital and clawed him to death while the other sin jumped on me.. then my sin partner killed him ( the sin that jumped on me) and he dropped a pan gu. my friend picked it up and it went in my inventory.
    in the end, he was ganking me first, and attacking us. so we kept and split the profit. and i DONT feel bad, why PK and end game gear not bound to you? if you aint gonna bind it, YOU RISK LOSING IT. so why should you get it back? ive lost gear in pk and i know how it feels, you get over it.
    and btw, that sin who dropped the pan gu. got another pan gu the next day and binded this one. everyone learns their lesson the hard way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JennaKate - Dreamweaver
    JennaKate - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I've dropped plenty of things at OT, Expensive or not. I never seem to get them back, which sucks D: But when people get killed and drop something, even If I`m in a duel or getting owned, I always manage to pick it up, So they don`t have to go through what I did, Even if its a 400mil tome, or a mirages, I always will get owned just to pick it up for em'. Maybe I`m alittle too nice? haha.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If the game design is made that you can pick something up after winning a pvp fight I don't know why you would not do it. If the person did not bind it then I guess they are willing to accept the chance that they will lose it.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Interesting case.

DATALEC is a great guy. But aside from that, if you were him would you want the tome back? If I were you I would give it back. He will forever be grateful for you.

But technically, it does belong to you now, so if you decide to keep it, you still have my respect.

I do not think other people should affect your decision. What makes you happier? Doing the nicer thing/making a friend or getting a wonderful piece of gear? Completely up to you. Two things to remember. Do not feel guilty if you keep it, and do not regret giving it to him if the reason you do is because everyone else wants you to.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    sooo there i was at OT when from nowhere a sin attacks me.. DATALECb:shocked?

so from stealth ? or no stealth ?

if stealth yeah id keep and id link it to them with a smiley

if no stealth id give it back

i voted sell half price i like to npc stealthed sins drops and drop the coin next to them with a sadness card awww Q.Q