Options
2»

Comments

• Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Neither.

150k DQ points buys a lot of free charms with event gold, which is far more useful than a mount and 25mil (on DW) for a bike is a waste of coin.

Plus, I have 9.3 m/s in tiger form which is plenty fast for my needs. And if I desire to go faster...well, I got holy path for that.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    motorcycle all the way i have the perfect outfits to fit it but sadly like allways its out of my price range i wish for once they wouldnt be pricks and put a new mount in the cash shop and not in a dam packb:cryb:angry
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Motorcycle in PWI? What the Hell? If I wanted to play Real Life, I'd walk in to the street and get hit by a motorcycle and die...without a Mystic Rez Buff on, and no Clerics around.

/wtfwaspwithinking?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Off thread topic but needs must

Dorset: Thanks! As a shameless plug, let me say that I gave a long reply to your 'OMG, I said it' thread. Please read and comment on it, when you have the time. Thanks much!

ok so im replying here just cause ....well by teh time i got back to my "omg i said it" thread it was 3 pages longer in a coupel of hours and i figured you would never see it even if i did reply

Thankyou for yoru comments in my thread it was great to have some decent responses that werent just trolls or people being mean or a lil over sensitive. the thread has certainly grown a LOT longer than i thought it would. i just wanted to see if there was anyone still out there who didnt Plvl for similer reasons to me. Im not one of the "original vets" but my In game Hubby Is and ive been gaming with him over a year and picked up his way of doing things. I think that Plvling is kind of ruining the game but purhaps that is just because those of us who dont are simply "old fashioned". i Think your comments were mostly right on the money. Where i chose to keep my original post nice and short you voiced most of the concerns i actually have although it is sometimes hard for some people to grasp that XD Hope to hear from you again on forums.

Anyone who disagrees with this post please dont write your comments in here , go to my "omg i said it" thread where many people are having a jolly old time rantign the whole issue out.

PS do not get the bike. my hubby wants one and i have threatened to divorce him on all 3 of our married chars if he gets one b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I vote neither for the **** horse or the motorcycle of annoyance +12. >_>

I already have a Purple Glowey horsie, and a Quick Silka Reindeer, and a lobster, and a polaris bear, and... Yeah, I have ENOUGH mounts. And next Sept when Anni mounts get sent out again, I will have a second anni mount to stick on some random alt (make it a GOOD mount this time, plox!).

The only mount I'm actually wanting to get is the Celestial Tiger mount. The Sage one. But I can wait at the moment until I can farm the items needed to trade in for it...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To Nyxyo: I am beginning to understand people's overall frustration over the removal of the medal, even if it does not affect me personally. I'd add that I expected much more stuff in the DQ rewards as well. In sum, this change brought nothing to me, in both positive and negative aspects.
    Then you are absolutely right on your second point. DQ points are not free at all, since they are a compensation on having DQs NPC rate nerfed by 20%.

People consider them as free not because of that, but on the fact that the items they can buy things with do not depend on gold or coin (the latter being more or less false, since you get points, but at the same time, less coins in your pocket). What's more, and the most amusing, is that some people will use their coins to buy high level DQs and as their coin amount must not be unlimited (unless they merchant all day, or accumulated a considerable sum, they will use a handful of cash to get coins...
    In summary: cash ->coins -> DQs -> DQ points -> event gold
    (but again, this must be a rare occurence)

To Xaratox: Yes, many people point at the idea that there are lots of alternatives out there, and that no one is obligated to get either of those mounts. That said, as my poll kinda pointed out, lots of people want the Golden Steed, which surprised me.
    As for the motorbike, no worries, the price will fall one day or another, like for everything else.

To anwynd: Just a little patience and it will eventually be in boutique. I don't see why they would release biker fashion and not make the ride more common in the future.
    P.S.: Not that gif, noooooooooooooooooooooooo!! (It does sting my eyes)

To lizrau: Hey, don't end as silly roadkill (and have the other much problems at the same time). Life is precious you know, some really want to live and... Ahem, just kidding.

To Dorset: Thanks! I expected a reply from you in your thread, but I got it here.
    Well, there are trolls (both good and not so good, evil and nice alike) everywhere in these forums, like in game and in life in general. I am rather used to that now. I can be a half-troll at times too, but I want to have solid boundaries in behavior -Tell me when I am not funny anymore, boys and girls, much obliged-

Digression aside, it's great to see what others may think about the subject, even if it might end in total mayhem and the risk of having your own thread ruined, closed and forsaken (this is why I always put a 'Please do not troll, people, thank you' notice when I write one.

Another thanks for you to see what I meant, because I have tried to understand the concept, refining my ideas for a while and all. As for others, well, it is up to them, once again if they are not going to scam others.
    No worries, I am more active in these forums recently, but for how long. Nothing's better than not be bound by things. b:chuckle
    Take care! See you in another topic!

P.S.: An in-game divorce threat? Hmmm. I would not be so harsh with him. If I was in your stead, I guess I'd let him have it when it gets way cheaper (and only then). If you really dislike that mount to no end... Just have him not show it to you at any rate (and of course parading around with it would be an obvious no-no).
    Speaking of which, I wonder how guys can carry girls when being on this bike. The usual arms carry would be improper and a really bad example. I have yet to inquire about it.

To Sarrafeline: Talk about a good collection of mounts, one for each character I suppose? It's fine to me, even if one is enough for my person (well, in fact, zero was, but since I got the more recent anni mount, why refuse it? But I don't use it b:surrender).
    Sage Celestial Tiger mount? That's a good pick. You see, if that one was instead of the horse and that I really had a need for a mount, I think I'd spend my DQ points on it... maybe...
    At any rate, this celestial feature is a permanent addition, unless some random, sudden catastrophe occurs, so yeah, take your time until you get it, I guess.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I still have my Kirin from when they were the best thing around and still use it regularly.

The **** horse and the prelude to jetpack aeros can both go fall off a cliff, IMO.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    I still have my Kirin from when they were the best thing around and still use it regularly.

The **** horse and the prelude to jetpack aeros can both go fall off a cliff, IMO.

FrozenPhire talked about her Hellhound, you value your Kirin. Cherishing what you already have is good in my opinion. I am a bit disheartened about all of those who want this and that and now, but well, they ummmm contribute to game financing? Or whatever... something like that.

Another joke on the horse. *shrugs* and ummm, fall off a cliff? I am sure you'd wholeheartedly push them more than a bit for that purpose, evil you. b:scorn
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I would rather have the **** coloured horse.

The motor cycle kind of ruins the whole ya know...fantasy aspect of this game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Another joke on the horse. *shrugs* and ummm, fall off a cliff? I am sure you'd wholeheartedly push them more than a bit for that purpose, evil you. b:scorn

Me? Oh no no no. I would never do such a thing. I can hire someone to do it for me!
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The motor cycle kind of ruins the whole ya know...fantasy aspect of this game?

So does, ya know...every piece of fashion.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Andzelica - Dreamweaver
    Andzelica - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i got this from the dq reward.. my pillar piggy. i'm saving for the sage/demon card but not sure what the rewards is. the 'golden' horse looks really....ugly. b:shutup i like the white one i have.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/whiteselkie/PWI/31e1b01f.png
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i was going to get the pig, but hated to waste all those points on something as useless as that. with the horse, at least i will have a nice looking mount that is magical looking, and fits with the game's overall looks.

if there were any way i could take out that damn motorcycle, i would. it, even more than the modern, non oriental fashions, ruins the overall ambiance of the game. i've had to turn off the background sounds of the game, so that i dont hear one of the bloody things roar by. dont get me wrong- IRL, i used to have a motorcycle, and totally loved it, and the freedom i felt when i rode it. but it *has NO PLACE in this game at all*.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To Sarrafeline: Talk about a good collection of mounts, one for each character I suppose? It's fine to me, even if one is enough for my person (well, in fact, zero was, but since I got the more recent anni mount, why refuse it? But I don't use it b:surrender).
    Sage Celestial Tiger mount? That's a good pick. You see, if that one was instead of the horse and that I really had a need for a mount, I think I'd spend my DQ points on it... maybe...
    At any rate, this celestial feature is a permanent addition, unless some random, sudden catastrophe occurs, so yeah, take your time until you get it, I guess.

I've played since 2008. I've acquired mounts over the years...

Bought hte Purple glowey horsie off AH for 4 mil back when they weren't available in the Cash Shop yet, got my Grand Lobster for 2 mil when a factionmate won one from a pack, got my Quick Silka Reindeer for my Archer because it fit her theme, Scarlet 9 tails for my Cleric because... Well... She's a freaking princess and it matches her perfect pink dance dress...

And no, not 1 per alt, I have 15 alts. >_> I don't even have 1 Aerogear per alt. In fact, I sold about 1/4 of my Aerogear a while back for coins simply because I have a stash, and can share it, and had duplicates. So... No point in it.

If I get the Sage Tiger mount, then I will be at a loss for what to do with my Silka... And no, I don't want to see the Sage/Demon mounts in the DQ or cash shops.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To LShattered: True about the motorcycle (I have nothing to say anymore about the urine-related jokes on the quadruped), but the lighter vendor item was quite incongruous as well, and yeah, it's still here.
    To truekossy: Oh, if you say so. All right. What kind of mercenary would you seek?
    To Andzelica: Ah, the pillar pet. I affectionally dub it the disco ball flying piggy. I already own a baby windwalking piggy pet, so I gave up on getting this one. Plus, baby pets are not account stashable. b:angry b:surrender I'd have gotten it in a heartbeat otherwise.
    To FoxRunning: Ah, finally a DQ horse lover... and a motorbike hater too. Thanks for giving more detailed reasons, this thread needs more of them.
    To Sarrafeline: Oh, this is clearer to me now. And I did mean that the tiger would have been interesting as a DQ reward if it was not implemented in the insigna thing. I would have thought it over if it was at 150k too, though. Since it is not, it's some kind of useless banter I wanted to lightheartedly joke about. Sincerely, isn't it a great-looking mount? (and what true form tigers should have been if they were revamped)
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ah, guess I'll put in my 2cents

I want my pee pee horse. I will name him after one of my friends to **** them off, and I will ride my Pee Pee horse proudly, despite it's unmistakable Golden-shower esque-ness o.o

Yes that thing is ugly and looks diseased, the holy aura is quite unfitting to its sickly appearance, but!!!*raises finger in the air* I have my reasons for wanting it.

I have beef with DQ reward horse mounts.
    A Looooong time ago, on the Harshlands server. I , as a level 20 BM, began to do Dragon quests because at that point, more than anything else in teh game I wanted a Violet lightning. There were only a couple on the server at the time, and the minute I first saw one I immediately fell in love. I eventually had quite a few coppers and silvers saved up, but then...

D: I quit the game for a long time.

When I came back, there were fish, and Violet Lightnings were cheap Cash Shop mounts. I was dissapointed. I did end up changing server so all the dragon orders I had got deleted along with that char, but thats completely unrelated.

Now that this Pee Pee horse is in the DQ shop, I am determined to grind the DQ and earn this mount with no benefit whatsoever to the CS as was intended, and Finish what I started with that stupid violet lightning.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    DQ Horse.

Because some people still pay a decent price for DQs to get it faster. b:avoid

That and it doesn't sound like a cat stuffed in a lawn mower. >=(
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    DQ Horse.

Because some people still pay a decent price for DQs to get it faster. b:avoid

That and it doesn't sound like a cat stuffed in a lawn mower. >=(

I imagine that would sound like

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRRRMYAAAAAARRRRRNYAAAAARRRRRRR

RRRRRRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRLRLGRLGRGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We should test that actually, cuz now I'm curious. =O

*Grabs the nearest Barb and drags them off for experimentation*
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't mind either, to be honest o_o.

The horse simply doesn't fit with my characters.

Don't understand how the motorcycle mounts affects the game that much for some of you guys though... aside the sound, I'll have to admit. Because yes, I play with SFX on and no music. Does it truly RUIN the game for you or what O_o. Sure it clashes with the medieval setting, I'll admit I'd never put one in my medieval story. It does appeal to others though... so...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Options
    We should test that actually, cuz now I'm curious. =O

*Grabs the nearest Barb and drags them off for experimentation*

Don't use Kritty. The GM gears allow the tanking of the unimaginable, such as tornados, and hurricanes. A puny lawn mower would be... Child's play... Gotta use a non-GM barb. Don't use a Cash Shopper either, those R9+12 barbs are massive HP things, 47k... That's just... A massive mess.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Don't use Kritty. The GM gears allow the tanking of the unimaginable, such as tornados, and hurricanes. A puny lawn mower would be... Child's play... Gotta use a non-GM barb. Don't use a Cash Shopper either, those R9+12 barbs are massive HP things, 47k... That's just... A massive mess.

Good points you bring up, there. b:shocked

...Though now that I think about it...

A cat Veno might work too... b:sin
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First of all, thanks _blood_rain for refreshing my thread and all those that posted after. b:thanks
    I shall reply to you guys later on, I am supposed to sleep right now.

But before I forget, I'll put a little poem of mine now... *lets inspiration invade him and writes it before it haunts his head for too long*
    Note: I have absolutely no judgement conveyed through this little ode. It's just to add a light note to genuine discomfort felt by some (It's good to laugh, right?). Now, please enjoy it (written in 2 minutes, like always):

Dedicated to both mounts haters (that I tried best to incarnate):

Why did you create those mounts,
    Put something that really counts,
    We don't need that ugly horse,
    Given to us by force...
    And that motorcycle,
    Oh gawd mumble mumble,
    We really do not like it,
    All because it doesn't fit.
    Let's ragequit and QQ,
    GMs, devs, we don't like you.

(ah, the last sentence is really slightly off tempo)
  • ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver
    ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I voted I would not get neither then my girlfriend buys me the motorcycle.b:surrender
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    To _blood_rain: So you are going for love and hate about this horse. Guess it's all about its rarity. I see.
    As for a cat stuck in a lawnmower... Quite a crazy comparison.

To XxLady_XelxX: I am not sure if catnip or fine meat will work.

To Shandaar: I guess that some are purists, total defenders of the PWI Lore. Well, I felt like that once, but now, I go 'does not matter anymore' mode.

To Sarrafeline: I guess some input from him on that subject would be interesting. Besides, isn't he a mod rather than a GM? That said a GM could lend him some armor to let him go on a rampage. b:shocked

To ElwinCastor: It seems you are really unhappy about it. Ah love... Well, I guess she gave it to you so she could go with you on bike travels... How clever of her. b:laugh