the greatest temptation in pwi

Options
Estoy - Dreamweaver
Estoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
edited January 2012 in Tideswell (East)
sooo there i was at OT when from nowhere a sin attacks me.. DATALECb:shocked, i quicky use my leapback and bell and marrow to get my def up, but he seemed to have lost intrest interest and one hit some other sin, but i was in war mode, with a war shout i ran up to him and roared, went wild attacking him, few seconds later a dead fish was in front of me. next to him lay Love: Up and Down, as i quickly picked it up a dilemma hit me! should i keep this? cause this tome is all i need to finish my end game gear and current value of it is around 400m, or shall i be nice and give it back?

i figured that this guy had never really been a jerk to me or anyone i know, so i decided to give it back, it was the right thing to do.. BUT GOD DAMMIT 400MIL!!!!!!!!!!b:surrender thats all i needed to finish my end game gear perfectly QQ
as i sit here i really wish a jerk i dislike would have droped it xD but oh well i guess karma will pay me back hehe

and now everyone else write about the most tempting/dilemma that has happened to u :D and what did u do?
Post edited by Estoy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i'd give back. cos data isnt some stupid guy. even if it was some intandem i would give back, even tho i know they wouldnt ever to me ( the reason im all bound gears if som1 kill me)

to me only jerks keeps valuable drops.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • IDynasty - Dreamweaver
    IDynasty - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i'd give back. cos data isnt some stupid guy. even if it was some intandem i would give back, even tho i know they wouldnt ever to me ( the reason im all bound gears if som1 kill me)

O hell I'd keep urs if u dropped <3
    Now drop ur pants.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I never keep things unless the person is a jerk to me. He's rpked me plenty in the past, so I'd've kept his :D
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I`d give it back. It would be more than mean to keep it for myself. This guy either wasted his money or his efforts on getting it, then he deserves it back.

True its PK mode and everything is allowed but sometimes we must be people, no?
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    He's a sin... the answer is obvious.

Eh... would be insanely tempted to give it back... I'm not too sure if I'd keep it or give it back, guess it'd depend on my mood. 400m... that's a **** ton of money... so yeah...
  • Viscosity - Dreamweaver
    Viscosity - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Regardless of faction, if someone drops something of value in PK I will give it back. Maybe im just too nice but I figured i'd never want something like that to happen to me. b:surrender What goes around, comes around I say.
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Regardless of faction, if someone drops something of value in PK I will give it back. Maybe im just too nice but I figured i'd never want something like that to happen to me. b:surrender What goes around, comes around I say.
    hehe i agree with u, but i would make an exception for 1 player on this sever xD....
    thou i have lost 3,2ms wings ..twice in pk and a golden tt99 mat... but hey as long as it aint the guy who took em from me i give back xD.. also a litle update today is very weird... i been pking some more... and well a dead psy droped me her wings, and after killing a wizi got his lunar ring... so.. could have made an easy 450mil today .. if i was a jerk :D but to bad im not and i gave it all back xD... karma better reward meb:laugh

*edit

also im amazed that so many vote that they would keep it... makes me sad to such server QQ
    also, um u can see what people voted for, it aint annon
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mine was a troll vote I swear! b:avoid
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Mine was a troll vote I swear! b:avoid

hahahab:laugh
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Not everyone in IT is a jerk, most will sell it back at half price if you ask nicely and don't Q_Q about it.

Personally I'd give it back no matter what. Who's to say how hard they worked on getting that... and to lose it because safety lock ran out is just awful.

Then again if I really hated them... b:sin
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *edit

also im amazed that so many vote that they would keep it... makes me sad to such server QQ
    also, um u can see what people voted for, it aint annon

Poll results were much more interesting before you let this out.
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well, it depends. I voted yes out of my knowing that I'd be too tempted to keep it than give it back. However, I probably would give it back if it was someone I knew and respected or if person was friendly to me before the PK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Thanks for getting them to feed us more info.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not everyone in IT is a jerk, most will sell it back at half price if you ask nicely and don't Q_Q about it.

Personally I'd give it back no matter what. Who's to say how hard they worked on getting that... and to lose it because safety lock ran out is just awful.

Then again if I really hated them... b:sin

There are also people that are total dicks and even if you don't QQ or rage about your drop, even if you ask nicely, they won't even sell it back to you for nearly full value. *starts keeping pk drops* b:avoid

Oh.. and the way it goes for IT members.... if they can pk you, they're a jerk. The only IT members I've seen that aren't jerks are the blue names or the ones that are too undergeared to do anything in pk. The ones with +10 gear and the sins tend to be arrogant and gank.

There might be... 3 exceptions. If that.
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why would u give something back unless it's ur friend or guild member. It's a game, and the fact that you drop stuff in pk shows that it's supposed to be the risk you take. Otherwise I should say everybody who kill me should give me back a gs every time.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol I'd keep.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    why would u give something back unless it's ur friend or guild member. It's a game, and the fact that you drop stuff in pk shows that it's supposed to be the risk you take. Otherwise I should say everybody who kill me should give me back a gs every time.

Because it is carebear server. And contrary to what common sense dictates by choosing pk, by choosing not to carry gs, if you drop something here people think it is "the right thing to do" to give back. Oh and the GS thing, yes I have seen people scream about wanting a GS back form being killed while in PK mode. Also most will throw a hissy fit if you don't ask for a 1v1 first too.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If I were to ever pk. (Which I won't, Im on a "carebear" server to be a carebear) I'd keep every drop that came my way. Don't like losing stuff? Don't pk. or pay closer attention to your SL. I'd expect them to keep my drops too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    He spooked you, he got pwned for it. He suffered enough.

I say give it back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is nice to see a lot of people say that they would give the item(s) back if they defeated an opponent that happened to drop something worth a lot of money. It really can be depressing to quite a few players to lose something like that, though as true as that old saying is... "they knew the risks as soon as they clicked enter pvp status" it really is up to the discretion of the person who got said drop to give it back, keep it, or sale it back at half price.

---

Anyways, here's a question for all the leaders, namely the one's who don't normally have rules for their members to abide by. (which really isn't all bad)

Let's say a member of your faction pk's a good friend of yours, (who isn't in your faction) gets their top item, and refuses to give it back, the pked victim then turns to you the leader, and says something along the lines... "is there anyway you can convince soandso of your faction to give back XXX item, that 'I' dropped after s(or)he pked me?"

Either way if you don't convince soandso, to give back the item, you could lose a friend, or at the very least have them see you in a different light, or you could easily cause soandso to leave. =x I think that's what they call... damned if you do, and damned if you don't. =x

I for one realize that you can't control every member of your faction, but wouldn't it be nice to keep your ideals in faction alive, while still keeping that good friend... happy, and playing the game, you really never know what is enough to push people away from certain games, or even life itself.

I am not saying that any faction should even elaborate, or even make this a rule of their faction, I think the leader would be asinine to do so, it really could just cause a scenario like the one I described above to rise day after day, I am sure NO faction wants that to deal with, EVER.

----

Anyways as I tried pointing out earlier, it is nice that people give items back, but their really is nothing stating, saying, or preventing them from keeping said item. Some people will give the item back, some wont, much like finding a wallet in a bathroom at some restroom, some people just don't think that... the money in the wallet may very well cause another human being major amount of suffering if they don't receive this wallet back with every dollar it had in it, others do, and those are probably the exact same people who would gladly give high valued items back without a second bat of the eye. Ok maybe three. =x lol

runs in circles

yes, I went there whatcha gonna do about it? [size=-5]RAWRZ[/size]
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Poll results were much more interesting before you let this out.

haha ye, should have revealed that, now people put on their masks :P
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    thing is, when people are friendly to each other it tends to make the server and the game more fun, and those that keep pk drops that ive seen take stuf get on my KoS, even if it wasnt my drops, simply its lame to take something from someone cause they didnt keep a good eye on sl/gs or had a litle to much to drink. i.e one night i forgot to log out pwi and someone touched my computer and well i got killed outside sz while red named but whoever had killed me was kind enough to mail me back my lunar pole and warsoul helm :)

and i agree with u zanny, many from that fac are kinda arrogant (most of em old eq members who made people hate eq) but there are also fun and nice people in IT that i've done bh/nirvy/tt with and are nice people that i like :D
  • WillowGirl - Dreamweaver
    WillowGirl - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This is actually a major reason I don't pk - I didn't get to vote in the poll, but mark me down for "I'd keep it." EDIT: I actually WAS able to vote, when I first opened thread, it only showed results, no option to vote, but after I posted, there was the poll :D

The only time in pk I wouldn't keep something someone dropped would be if I was messing around with faction members and one of them dropped something. A guildie, sure I'd return what was lost, ANYONE else, sorry, don't pk if you don't wanna lose your ****.

Another reason I don't pk is because it seems fairly dominated with sins and more of an annoyance than anything else, but mostly because I'm afraid I'd be that lucky girl to see something like that tome drop and I'd run like the wind with it - I don't wanna be known as a rotten *****, which I would be if I did something like that, so I just quit pk'ing altogether.

Yes, it's more fun when it's friendly, but if I saw certain people drop things in pk, I'd do my best to snatch up whatever it is and then do some nasty world chats showing it off, just like I have seen these certain people do to others.
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can't say if I'd keep something worth 400mil or not until I get in such situation. You may think you are nice but you might lose to the temptation if you actually picked up something of such value. Easier said than done.

What makes PK not fun for me (aside from Sins) are blue names camping at OT all day waiting for PKers to drop items so they can slide in and snatch them...That actually happened to me once with my Warsoul Helm...a blue named lowbie picked it up and sold it (after a day of giving excuses as to why he can't give it back) to a faction member and I had to buy it back from him. That also thought me to carry GS instead of relying on SL, because that incident was the result of a 1vs1 that lasted almost 10 minutes.
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I would keep it.
    I wont ever have the money to buy such a thing; I could sell it and upgrade all my gear.

But I won't ever be in that situation anyway lol: I need godly gear to ever pk someone who has such a tome, therefore money. Damn , vicious circle. QQ
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

I would not want others to reward me for my stupidity or carelessness. As a result, I can honestly say I would keep the item and I would expect others to do the same.

p.s. In a world, wheter real or virtual, if people do not pay the consequences of their actions, "karma" becomes hardly relevant.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Slivaf I understand what you are saying. I think in that situation, I would help farm them another item to replace what they had lost. Well we know that wouldn't be possible for a love up and down, that an exceptional drop. But I think that the friendship would endure.

Another side note:

If you can afford love up and down, you best be able to afford gs or at least bind the tome. If you gear check me, you see mine is bound. I also carry GS for the times I am in pk mode, because I don't want to drop anything not bound like my cube neck or my warsong belt, lunar rings etc. It's about playing smart.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

I would not want others to reward me for my stupidity or carelessness. As a result, I can honestly say I would keep the item and I would expect others to do the same.

p.s. In a world, wheter real or virtual, if people do not pay the consequences of their actions, "karma" becomes hardly relevant.

^ Phenomenal
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Estoy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Options
    nael u are really right... i always pick w/e any1 drops in pk so i can give back and to make sure no blue name takes it, but when i picked that i thought like decus... ill never be able 2 acctually aford it since im lazy and i never farm/merch unless its 2x.. then i do a few nirvy... but guess i belive in karma xD maybe something good happens to me, or maybe it was his bad karma that he droped it and i was supposed to keep... well either way i learned a good lesson about my self... im not as mean as i wish i could be QQ
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    There are also people that are total dicks and even if you don't QQ or rage about your drop, even if you ask nicely, they won't even sell it back to you for nearly full value. *starts keeping pk drops* b:avoid

Oh.. and the way it goes for IT members.... if they can pk you, they're a jerk. The only IT members I've seen that aren't jerks are the blue names or the ones that are too undergeared to do anything in pk. The ones with +10 gear and the sins tend to be arrogant and gank.

There might be... 3 exceptions. If that.

So if someone can PK you they're a jerk? What kind of logic is that? That's like saying if someone has far superior gear than you, they're an awful human being. /fail

But yes you're right, a lot of people in IT aren't exactly the nicest people in the world, but every faction has it's good and it bad. IT is by far no exception. Trust me when I say that if those of us who aren't mean became mean... OT would most likely be nothing but IT and dead bodies lol. (Unless Regen came out in force but I doubt they would).

So in-light of everything I say if you can kill them and not feel guilty, take the drop. However if you're a kind-hearted person then give it back, a little kindness can go a long way in the future. Who knows if/when you drop something someday, someone will give it back to you.
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver