Event

Comments

• Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So, all Europeans are supposed to re-roll in Euro server?

Awesome, let's waste hours wich we spent building our chars and the cash we may have invested in the game too while we're at it.

As far as I know my account won't be transfered, right? So re-rollin seems quite unfair wouldn't you say?

Not to mention all the friends we'd stop playing with because they are on US server ( no way I'm losing mates because of an event.)

What was proposed was a double schedule to satisfy both Euro and US players... not hard to understand is it?
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ok, ok. I get it... bla bla bla it's not in Europe so we don't have any right to complain. b:shutup

But that left me thinking, why did they add the Euro as payment currency for the purchase of a Zen b:thanks
    I mean, game is ONLY for America. It should be only USD and CAD.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    So, all Europeans are supposed to re-roll in Euro server?

Awesome, let's waste hours wich we spent building our chars and the cash we may have invested in the game too while we're at it.

As far as I know my account won't be transfered, right? So re-rollin seems quite unfair wouldn't you say?

Not to mention all the friends we'd stop playing with because they are on US server ( no way I'm losing mates because of an event.)

What was proposed was a double schedule to satisfy both Euro and US players... not hard to understand is it?

What would be the point in making an European server if all the North+South American events catered to European servers? It would drive the European server out of business, like what has already happened to PW EU. I'm not saying that I would want to reroll, I'm saying be reasonable and accept the bad with the good about playing on a server that is not meant for your timezone. I wouldn't expect a European server to add more anything for me, nor when I buy stuff from European stores online would I expect them to ship it to me in the same timeframe as if I had ordered from a US store. That is part of the deal. Nothing wrong with asking for an NPC but when you start the "it's unfair, you're just being selfish, you occupy all these lands, Americans are stupid, blah blah blah," it becomes annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    the event sucked, rewards u get are only buff pills that last 30minutes to 1hour. And the .01% useless pet. Not even worth to complain about.
    edited May 2011
    Well, if you guys want us European peeps to play on European servers (there are none atm anyways), prepare for half empty PWI servers.

just sayin...

b:cute

But seriously tho, there is no european version of the game atm.

And why is it so hard to add one extra event time round 8pm european time? I know for a fact there's lotsa european players who would appreciate it, I know I would! :)

There WAS a PWI EU, it went out of business because nobody played. Why? Because most of the events here were setup to cater to both clientelle, heck you could even buy zhen with Euros. Why would you reroll? What possible incentive? None, whatsoever. So they lost probably millions of dollars by adding that NPC. Now they are making an European server to meet your demands and not drive themselves out of business. They let all current people keep their accounts here if they so choose, but you have to accept that this means that there are certain downsides to playing on a server that isn't meant for your timezone. IS that really so unreasonable?

Ok, ok. I get it... bla bla bla it's not in Europe so we don't have any right to complain. b:shutup

But that left me thinking, why did they add the Euro as payment currency for the purchase of a Zen b:thanks
    I mean, game is ONLY for America. It should be only USD and CAD.

Because PW Europe failed and they wanted to maintain a European presence while they made a new server (which btw doesn't happen overnight) for European customers. Blocking them from charging zhen would have made this impossible. Doesn't mean its' meant for you, just that they aren't going to say no to your business. Plenty of European stores also accept dollars via web payment, but guess what? They don't change their business hours to cater to their American clientele.

Move to Dreamweaver or any other east coast server, I live in the UK and it was only 11pm my time b:laugh

QFT, I play on Dreamweaver because I live on the Eastern Time Zone. If I choose to roll a west coast server, I could either put up with the fact that the events are all timed more inconveniently for me or I could reroll a better server. Not PWI's fault if I don't optimize my server choice for the times that are right for me. I play with and am friends with European players who understand that it's just a game and they play until they are bored.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The event was happening when I was at work 2 of the 3 days, and you don't see me complaining and making a thread about it. >.>
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • DAMAGE_INC - Dreamweaver
    DAMAGE_INC - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Move to Dreamweaver or any other east coast server, I live in the UK and it was only 11pm my time b:laugh
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    Pannelo - Heavens Tear Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All that is needed is a more suitable time that works for both the US and EU. There is no need for an EU server as that would just thin the population across all servers. People around the world play this game so obviously it is impossible to cater for everyone. Some people still won't be able to take part no matter what time it is run. It seems as though it hasn't been thought out properly imo.

Saying that I knew EU players that would stay up until 3am so they could TW, which is fine that is their choice but for me it isn't an option.

Maybe the next time PWI run the same event they could run it at a more suitable time for the EU and then compare how many additional people took part.

This thread isn't US vrs EU or about whinging it's hopefully about making the game more appealing for the vast majority of players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Lag? What lag?
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    PWE has more than enough money to maintain Euro server. It is not that expensive to have server in Europe, it is more expensive to actually change game.
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/international

"in~ter~na~tion~al   
    (in~ter~nash~uh~nl ~adjective
    1.between or among nations; involving two or more nations: international trade.

2.of or pertaining to two or more nations or their citizens: a matter of international concern.

3.pertaining to the relations between nations: international law."

the term International applies to when 2 NATIONS are involved, PWI is a north american based game and o look, north america has not 2 but 3 nations

btw- event was at 3pm my time in US, if it was any earlier then any1 from west coast playing east coast server (cause u know, not every1 has played MMOs for 5 years or such and are new to the way they work) would not have been able to attend due to work/those who still have school

I think you're taking this too literally. Have you not heard of the World Series.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/world
    edited May 2011
    PWE has more than enough money to maintain Euro server. It is not that expensive to have server in Europe, it is more expensive to actually change game.

Really?

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/stock-price?symbol=PWRD&ocid=qbes

Because I see a company that has been actually going down in stock market value.

Although to be fair to them, they did see some growth after the expansion. These values are still decent, given the current state of the US economy. Nobody would suggest you sell your stocks in PWE and they still have more than enough chance to bring their stocks back up. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they go back up soon, seeing as a lot of teens/college students will be on summer vacation soon with nothing but disposable income. Gaming sees a big chunk of it now that people in the US can't take as many vacations as they did in the past. But to suggest they have money to burn just because is really just not accurate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    oh what about EAST ASIA, we're 12 hrs ahead of the American timezone b:cry. Maybe they should hold events in 3 different timezone.

Hm.. then what about the Middle East, India, Australia, etc? Maybe they should hold events every hour so everyone gets equal share!!

b:laugh /sarcasm
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Instead of 2 times (this upsets the US with it being their game) why not run the event all weekend but can complete only once, that way no lag for everyone that tries to complete it at the same time and everyone that logs onto play over the weekend can take part, like BH or CS.

There we go, now everyone is happy.

**THREAD END**
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    I'm not looking at current stock price, but at overall yearly income.
    If I'm seeing those data correctly, in 2010 they had USD ~325m of total revenues and USD ~125m of net income.
    Few thousands USD monthly more, for a one more server, won't hurt them too much.

EDIT: And I agree with Pannelo. Let's end this useless arguments.
    Whatever happens, happens.
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Instead of 2 times (this upsets the US with it being their game) why not run the event all weekend but can complete only once, that way no lag for everyone that tries to complete it at the same time and everyone that logs onto play over the weekend can take part, like the roll call in Arch.

There we go, now everyone is happy.

**THREAD END**

Many events must be held within a certain time period. TW, Tiger events for e.g. Events which are possible to be held whole day are already in place. e.g. 2x events, special boutique sales, christmas events.
    edited May 2011
    I'm not looking at current stock price, but at overall yearly income.
    If I'm seeing those data correctly, in 2010 they had USD ~325m of total revenues and USD ~125m of net income.
    Few thousands USD monthly more, for a one more server, won't hurt them too much.

EDIT: And I agree with Pannelo. Let's end this useless arguments.
    Whatever happens, happens.

There is way more to it then a server cost; there is maintenance, customer support, etc. I'm sure they can do it or they wouldn't be opening it, but it isn't just to be tossed around. They are business, it has to be profitable too, even if just a little bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It doesn't really matter about EU time zones as why having a 30 minute only time slot is bad. Spacing it out would, reduce lag, allow people to attend it without skipping/messing up their dinner time. What about North Americans who work evening/night shifts and aren't around at that time?

Since there's a 15 question limit per account (though split into 10 level ranges) there is NO need for it to be timed tbh. It's like making BHs, or CS only takeable during 1 hour of 24.
  • Pannelo - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Many events must be held within a certain time period. TW, Tiger events for e.g. Events which are possible to be held whole day are already in place. e.g. 2x events, special boutique sales, christmas events.

I'm sure it doesn't have to be this way though. If they changed it it still makes everyone happy. b:chuckle
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    im a bit late here again, but for the euros now complaining that they would have to swtich server

1) in the Asian games they have merged servers in the past, MAYBE MAYBE with a little hope they will provide this option, or something where u can switch everything.

2) NORTH AMERICA ALREADY DID IT ONCE. if us Q.Q babies can do it, certainly u strong euros can do it as well. Or did you all forget that the east coast servers were added way later, And TONS of players left their old chars behind. Its not that traumatic, Hell my whole guild did it when they 1st came out.
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I can't make Sunday TW's because I have to get up at 6 in the morning! That's stupid. I've paid my fair share of money to this game, in dollars AND euros. Why shouldn't WE get the same treatment?

If you got to be up at six, why don't you get up early so you can make the TW?

We Americans don't cater to the EU players because we fought and won a war so that we wouldn't have to cater to the brits anymore.

It's not our fault that you are in different time zones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011

We Americans don't cater to the EU players because we fought and won a war so that we wouldn't have to cater to the brits anymore.

AHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHA. Good one, good one!!b:victory

*drives a blunt knife through Giggle's heart*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011

ROFLMAO b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Right now we are playing on Servers in the U.S. mainly released for the Player who
    live in the United States. Why so think there are pw.BR, PW.RU or PW.EU
    ("formerly" PW.ms) for ? Complaining about no EU Servers right now is bull****.
    You can reroll on them when they are finally released.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/international

"in~ter~na~tion~al   
    (in~ter~nash~uh~nl ~adjective
    1.between or among nations; involving two or more nations: international trade.

2.of or pertaining to two or more nations or their citizens: a matter of international concern.

3.pertaining to the relations between nations: international law."

the term International applies to when 2 NATIONS are involved, PWI is a north american based game and o look, north america has not 2 but 3 nations

Lol, this argument again.

Well, I'm from Canada, and on server time. I personally have no problem with event times (though I feel sorry for those that do; there are several in my faction that I wish could enjoy the events too.) However, I think no matter how many times you guys throw up this "it can be international because it covers North America" argument, it all comes down to the fact that it is still PWUS.

I saw them celebrate US Thanksgiving. What happened when Canadian Thanksgiving came around? Nothing. Any other Canadian holidays? Nevermind, we don't matter. Do the Mexicans? Of course not! Why should they? This is PWUS. Only the American holidays get celebrated in this game (and sometimes Chinese New Year, handed down from the base game). If they are going to cater to things only American, then they have no right to call themselves International. They are not bothering to even note that we exist. That our timezones happen to be the same is just handy for us.

So don't think that those of us you are trying to use to defend the "international" term are going to be in agreement. We don't count to them any more than the Europeans do.

EDIT: also, to those of you telling the Europeans to reroll on the upcoming EU server.... I highly doubt most of you would be too pleased if you were told to go reroll somewhere for any reason, once you have spent money here and levelled characters up a ways. For some people that is not an option (unless they do account transfers).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's funny. "They can't call themselves international because X!", "Yes they can because X!"

The truth is, if the game catered exclusively to people in Nebraska, they could still call themselves international, because the name is MEANINGLESS. It's a name, not a descriptor. A company can call itself just about whatever it wants. If it violates laws, then people can protest it through legal channels, but putting the international on the end doesn't mean anything. The quick comeback is "We know we cater exclusively to the US market, when we created it we intended to set up things for All of North South America and found there was NO MONEY in it, so in order not to confuse our primary market, we didn't feel a need to change our name."

They can have whatever name they want. They chose that no because they care about anyone out side of the US, but because they care only about people in the US. Being "International" is a bit in vogue and they needed a cool name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's funny. "They can't call themselves international because X!", "Yes they can because X!"

The truth is, if the game catered exclusively to people in Nebraska, they could still call themselves international, because the name is MEANINGLESS. It's a name, not a descriptor. A company can call itself just about whatever it wants. If it violates laws, then people can protest it through legal channels, but putting the international on the end doesn't mean anything. The quick comeback is "We know we cater exclusively to the US market, when we created it we intended to set up things for All of North South America and found there was NO MONEY in it, so in order not to confuse our primary market, we didn't feel a need to change our name."

They can have whatever name they want. They chose that no because they care about anyone out side of the US, but because they care only about people in the US. Being "International" is a bit in vogue and they needed a cool name.

Next thing you know, they're going to complain because the game is not really "perfect", and too small to be considered a "world". b:lipcurl
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Femswordtank - Lost City
    Femswordtank - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Um what? Sorry, America won a war for Europe? What the hell does that have to do with PWI? ijs

I agree without American intervention The alliance would have been screwed. However I'm pretty sure America didn't win it for Europe, more because America was under threat than to actually help anyone else...

On topic, maybe Europeans should be catered for by putting in two event times for stuff, however with that logic TW's should be carried twice so the Europeans can fight for their factions on Sundays and er well thats just silly. So yeah it's something that would be nice and could easily work having 2 times but as timed events make up a minuscule percentage of the games content it's not massively important.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    4. We're not asking for a change of event times so it become suitable for EU players only, and letting you US players out, no, what we're asking for is a solution to make it suitable for both, like the idea Irdis posted up there.

I stopped reading and giving a **** about what you said here because you had proven you couldn't read.

I am NOT an American.
    I AM a European.

I still think all your complaining is complete bull**** and I have the same issue as you. So, please stop making the Europeans of this game look like pissed off little whiners who don't know how to pick up a dictionary and push it through your clearly thick and uneducated skulls:

1) International means between two or more nations. The games core playerbase is North America, which would you believe, is two nations. What does that mean? It means this game is international, even if it didn't allow us Europeans to play it. They didn't call it international because they opened it to Europe.

If you didn't understand that even with all the added emphasis, you are beyond hope and just need to go back to playing your little PWI and cry yourself to sleep at how hard your life must be that you couldn't take part in a pixel event.

2) Their core player base is not European. It is North American. Therefore, they will cater to the majority of their players and not the minority. Every now and then they will do something that can benefit both the core player base and the minority player base to try and keep things pacified, but that's it.

Stop expecting a company to do more than that. By the way, if you're charging zhen on their game, they already have your money and don't need to cater to you any more.

3) Stop threatening all this bull**** "If all European people leave" because
    a) it won't happen
    b) you're already happy enough with their game to charge zhen on it, so bully for you the events don't work to your time frame. They already have your money, why do they need to do anything to get more of it?
    c) you have no way of pinpointing the exact percentage of people who would leave. I'm willing to bet 40% is way too high of a guesstimation.

Please go get real facts before spewing this **** because I for one am tired of hearing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited May 2011

- amazing logics - why sleep at all??

- thank you very much for winning our war... oh wait, the only war you guys won by yourselves was the civil war, and only because you couldn't lose anyways

- nope it's not... did anyone imply that???
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Not sure you have won any war's by yourself .. Even the War of Independence took European help .. ijs
    So please keep the " We are so pr0 " chest beating in ya playground b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.