pwi trying to abandon PW?

Options
Burnout - Harshlands
Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Does anyone else feel like PWI is trying to slowly phase out their flagship game? I've checked their other games and there are actually GM's listening to player opinions and holding server-wide pvp tournaments, along with posts by actual GM's. It kinda feels like PWI wants to promote their new games and making us move to their new games.

Kinda like pwi pulled all their employees out of PW in favor or HoTK and Forsaken world and ****.

Maybe its just the grass always looks greener on the other side...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
Post edited by Burnout - Harshlands on

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no, the OP is right. the best GMs have all moved over to Jade Dynasty, so there hasnt been any of the kind f player monitoring that there used to be when the game began. and dont say its because JD is that much newer.

Does anyone else feel like PWI is trying to slowly phase out their flagship game? I've checked their other games and there are actually GM's listening to player opinions and holding server-wide pvp tournaments, along with posts by actual GM's. It kinda feels like PWI wants to promote their new games and making us move to their new games.

Kinda like pwi pulled all their employees out of PW in favor or HoTK and Forsaken world and ****.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no, the OP is right. the best GMs have all moved over to Jade Dynasty, so there hasnt been any of the kind f player monitoring that there used to be when the game began. and dont say its because JD is that much newer.

could that be the reason why their token shop was partly opened 1st? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    PWI is our first, best, and most important game and don't you forget it :)
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

"pokes frankie and runs away"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jatoni - Sanctuary
    Jatoni - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Lies. Utter...lies
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

First things first:

The game is Perfect World. Our version is Perfect World International. The company hosting it for us is Perfect World Entertainment. Confusing? b:chuckle

/PWI Lesson

Now to focus on the topic... it does give that idea. And not getting to hear much from GMs other than on patch notes (aside frankie - who by the way, is the Community Manager) just helps make it seem more and more real.

I hope you're right... No, really, I've tried Jade Dynasty, Forsaken World and Battle of the Immortals... and quite frankly, they make me want to go back to play tetris instead. And I never liked tetris.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Your pay must have skyrocketed since you said this.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Then why do you never respond to any of us? Obviously there are trolls and haters but they come from a long time of no GM responses. If you could just pick one articulate topic from a person and have a discussion with them, even this would change peoples opinions of your game. We know you're a company and you clearly are making a killing from this game, but try to interact and listen to us a bit more...
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Then why do you never respond to any of us? Obviously there are trolls and haters but they come from a long time of no GM responses. If you could just pick one articulate topic from a person and have a discussion with them, even this would change peoples opinions of your game. We know you're a company and you clearly are making a killing from this game, but try to interact and listen to us a bit more...

I am sad to say this is the truth. Even if you consider good ideas (no false promises, please) and say no to others with a valid reason, it's always better than staying silent over all (and no, I did not state 'ignoring suggestions').
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

If this were the case, there would be the old time events like there used to be.
    Calender contest
    Find the GM
    Meet and Greet

more then a CM replying on forums and all the other things that showed the GM's cared.

You'd also see GM's patrolling WC like back when the game was under 1 year old, joking with us, telling people to cut the foul mouths (this happens SO infrequently now) etc.

Now there is little to none of that.

First? yes
    Best? used to be, now who knows
    most important? not likely (or anymore)
    Here we go again....
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sometimes.. when I'm alone... I pick my nose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

First April is already gone.b:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you think that the state of this game's bad...go to LoMA forums. They've never seen a maintenance since they opened. Or a patch note. Or anything for that matter.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    IMHO PWI is trying to get back the money they invested developing all those fail games from the sales of this game. I'm pretty sure that PW is by far their biggest moneymaker and you never let a cashcow get away even if you dont like it anymore.

Until they can repeat the sucessful formula that worked here in another game they will keep this one, and put as little effort on it as they can get away with:

Rebalancing broken mechanics/classes? NO, Adding new content to old classes NO, new instances that are actually new NO, finishing old unfinished content (black sand palace, earth/tide FB's 19) NO, Fixing bugs? NO, adding new items to auction? NO, Adding new useful items to DQ page? NO, Anything that does not generate Cash? NO

Pack sales every month? YES, Pack sales followed by more pack sales b4 previous pack sale (lol) is over? YES, Hercules/phoenix in packs? YES, ANOTHER clone of the anni pack with out of place bikes? YES, PQ rings on packs? YES, Anyhting that makes gamers buy gold? YES.

Greedy company is greedy.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    See, now all the trolls hit up the thread and now there is no possibility for a response in any way. If the community wants a response from the community manager the people are going to have to do it in a mature and articulate way, but to be honest, at this point I don't know if even that will generate a response.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sometimes.. when I'm alone... I pick my nose.

I do that too. Except more. and when other people are around.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm surprised they haven't just released a game called "Legend of Pack Opener" where you just open packs for special bonuses and there's no actual content other than packs and special tools/NPC's to make pack opening easier.

I mean every single one of their games is basically disguised to make players think they're playing a real game, but in actuality is just a giant complex interface designed to support selling and opening packs.

Perfect World is their only game that wasn't designed from the ground up to be chiefly an interface to open packs. Although they've sure tried hard to turn it into one. It seems like they are hell-bent on running their only real cash-cow moneymaker into the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm surprised they haven't just released a game called "Legend of Pack Opener" where you just open packs for special bonuses and there's no actual content other than packs and special tools/NPC's to make pack opening easier.

That first line made me laugh and choke on my soda.
    b:chuckle

And the rest of the post.
    QFT
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Greedy company is greedy.

Show me a company that isn't greedy and I'll show you the unemployment line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • redhz
    redhz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'd have to agree with almost every post in this topic.

A few years ago, this game was packed full of special events, contests and competitions provided by the GMs. There wasn't a day that went by where we didn't see a GM pop into the chat and have a conversation with all of us (even if it was quick). When somebody saw a GM run by or saw them hanging out somewhere, they would be like, "AMAGAWD, A GM! GAIS, A GM!!111"

Now let's fast-forward to present day: where in the world are you, GMs? Sure, we see you on the forums, you perform regular server maintenance, release expansions and add new in-game content. However, where in the world are you in-game actually interacting with the players? I'm sure when somebody needs support with bugs or glitches you're there, but other than that, we don't see any real GM-interaction with the public playerbase.

Trust me, myself, nor anybody else, are trying to say you guys aren't doing your jobs: because let's face it, you guys do a hell of a job behind the scenes. Nevertheless, I think what everybody is trying to say in this topic is that we miss the GM to Player interaction. GMs have to have fun to you know. We as players don't bite (at least most of us don't >_>), so I think we should see more interaction.

What do you say? b:victory
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1. See this.
    2. Take a deep look around to see 3 months of nothing and counting.
    3. Realize that PW is having it "great" compared to this, despite the sales.
    4. Shut up.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1. See this.
    4. Shut up.

More interesting point on that forum :

http://loma-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=253361#post253361

Even the GM says its ****ed O_O
  • Seirith - Raging Tide
    Seirith - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Bot's auto-response (?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KaKabel - Harshlands
    KaKabel - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    1. See this.
    4. Shut up.

Yeh I agree, sure games always change over time, e.g some other famous *flying* F2P game Fl*ff.
    This game has alot of GM/forums mods/admins at least still active on forums. Regular maintenance, releasing new content/expansion/updates. (however dissatisfied you may be with them)
    This game has kept going for quite long considering F2P mmos, I'm just grateful I can still waste my free time on it when I can.

Another example, take a look at BOI forums. There was really only 1 GM Crabclaw and he has already moved from BOI to FW...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Finaler - Raging Tide
    Finaler - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well I've heard rumors that pwe's been wanting ppl to quit pwi and go to FW. In my opinion it might be better find a new game at this point. PWE can't fix bugs themselves, they have practicly no control over the game code, only what PWB[perfect world Beijing the chinese devs] allows them. The DQ mail and jolly old jones all coded by the CN devs.
    I actually read an article about a chinese MMO that doesn't try and hide it's a Pay2win game. PPl will put zendrago amounts of money to win, GAIN levels[not get more exp get the levels straight up], Get gear, open PACKS! And apperently it's incredibly broken. It was also incredibly popular and profitable for them. IMHO that's the CN devs are thinking.
    "this idea worked great let's do it too". I mean it would be ten times better if we had GMs that actually cared. I know I know this isn't riot games and you probably don't have the time to talk to us but I'd like to see it more than just every Wednesday night?

I also hope this Quiz thing is a turn in the right direction. Sure it's fail but maybe it's them starting back small and working them back up. But time will only tell.
    also known as notes or maxer depending on the server.

resident lowbie of tao
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I liked how on them other forums how darthpanda was on the response train, yet here we have a one liner from frankie, stating nothing that a chicken with its head up its own **** couldn't of said out of the blue, when we get these annoying pack sales amongst other tard related sales, it's hard to belive frankies one liner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tbh, I think Frankies afraid of us.

We haven't really got any kind of rapport with him.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Wall 'o ****

Please, don't do rumors, research more, and bring facts.

1. Perfect World International is a Cash Magnet. They won't let it die for this reason. Any person wanting to leave their money making product falls under the stupid category.

2. The devs had nothing to do with the development of the Dragon Point system. It's only a webapp. Sure, they approved a quest for it via Jolly Old Jones, but all of the work was done at PWE.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Finaler - Raging Tide
    Finaler - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Please, don't do rumors, research more, and bring facts.

1. Perfect World International is a Cash Magnet. They won't let it die for this reason. Any person wanting to leave their money making product falls under the stupid category.

2. The devs had nothing to do with the development of the Dragon Point system. It's only a webapp. Sure, they approved a quest for it via Jolly Old Jones, but all of the work was done at PWE.

well first off. when you're gonna post on a "wall of ****" read it. I said the CN devs had nothing to do with the DQ system. What I'm saying is [and I have researched this.] [also minor edit, the core idea is still true all coding has to go through beijing unless it's pwe implementation side[i.e elders blessing not working] as I also know all of the core coding of the game is in chinese from what i've been told by people that work with it.] that apperently FW hasn't had a huge amount of cash put onto it, yet it has the most backing as far as I can see[also since it's pwe's new baby] so by moving the people from this game[if you'll pay for this game why not for another.] to FW they'll bring that money to another game. Now I don't know who runs FW's coding and content development but it could possible be more flexible for FW to add content than pwi.
    also known as notes or maxer depending on the server.

resident lowbie of tao