pwi trying to abandon PW?

Options

Comments

• KaKabel - Harshlands
    KaKabel - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    From the way things are going, comparing all PWE products, JD and ES have already had their peak and is dying, if not already dead. The newer - LoMA and BOI, LoMA wasn't too popular, BOI gives people addiction to pets, if you are addicted (the only reason the people left still plays), HOTK only catered a niche. (Yes I was a true PWE fan, kept up to date with all their products and tried most, because tbh, PWI, JD, BOI and FW are ok for F2P games)

There was definiately a reason, if not an intention to release the Genesis expansion at the same time as FW going OB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meiko - Heavens Tear
    Meiko - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    PWI is our first, best, and most important game and don't you forget it :)

If that's the case why did JD get their token shop first?
    b:avoid
    Ijs...
  • phenomeno11
    phenomeno11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    you wish it would be like you said, frankie

If it would be the truth your company wouldn't ignore their customers for around 3 years now :(
    And I don't mean stupid thingies like childrens crying to add motorcycles to a game where those bikes do not match to the whole game...

An e.g: Those scammers in Archo West with the "Download blabla from depositfiles blabla to get an huge amount of ingame gold"
    When will your company do something effective vs. such scamming "Members", like banishing them a lot faster (pay one of your stuff to work at european times pls), filter ingame the word depositfiles (and the other platforms like depositfiles)?

ty
  • PK_BARB - Lost City
    PK_BARB - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree with Frankieraye :3
    Frankieraye gona give meh stuff coz meh too poor for stuff
    Frankieraye gona make me 5.0 coz me no 5.0 but wna be 5.0
    me no CS mony :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I'm watching
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I think, the more important question is, have the Devs in China abandoned PW to work on other games, like Pack World?

Because...

Unless you lost one of the two braincells you are required to have to rub together to form a thought...

It's pretty obvious that that is how everyone on these forums feels about the relationship between China and PWI. b:surrender
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lies. Utter...lies

I actually believe him.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    pwi is still their cashcow, so I don't really see it dying soon. However there are less new players.
    If they actually fixed certain things this game would be a great game that I would recommend to my friends. atm however... the only reason I can tell them to play this game is the character customization...

Either way, gm's should interact more with the community... :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i could care less about gms in game....i actually do see clawbear and frankie at west often watching the pvp =) but fix the lame glitches....sins bypassing charms....fkn ruberbanding and getting stuck while in the middle of pvp..BRING BACK THE NIEN BEAST EVENT EVERYDAY ,TWICE A DAY LIKE IT WAS BEFORE...that event was one of the best things that ever happend to pwi...so much pvp and fun.

All people do is complain, if you dont like the game or if you are starting to not like it..QUIT so pwi wont feed off your money. Its that simple
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i could care less about gms in game....i actually do see clawbear and frankie at west often watching the pvp =) but fix the lame glitches....sins bypassing charms....fkn ruberbanding and getting stuck while in the middle of pvp..BRING BACK THE NIEN BEAST EVENT EVERYDAY ,TWICE A DAY LIKE IT WAS BEFORE...that event was one of the best things that ever happend to pwi...so much pvp and fun.

Harshlands sees BearClaw...once in a blue moon. In the almost two years+ of playing this server, I've had the pleasure of seeing an AFK BearClaw in that nice new outfit that they have yet to release to the playerbase...gray, Spicy Baby...maybe twice?
    Yes twice. Once on top of the BH/Warsoul section in the middle of Archosaur, and another time next to the Blacksmith in Lost City.

But what confuses me, is that they say they give a **** but....where's all the bug fixes and glitches? Why do you ignore our begging and pleading to nurf things that are broken and killing the ability for new players to enjoy this game?
    I would totally get all of my friends to play this game if it wasn't so f*cking broken!

When you start fixing things, (See signature for examples, and that's just scraping the top of the barrel,) I will believe you care. I may even start buying packs, as much as I hate them.
    But for now, I go F2P. b:bye No money for you.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • richy85
    richy85 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I used to play this when the game was in its best state (2008-2009) i restarted this year at genesis.

Its wierd not to see GMs writing on WC : bullsht at TW time or on events, new morning stuff every day etc it used to be fun even if some were annoyed (even they miss it now) we had GM pk, archo raid etc events that were fun, we really had the spotlight on PWI we were hoping for more and better events, not getting rid of them and GMs.

Nowdays i dont see any GM action in game, maybe its fault of the players to, Most of the Players Suck , ppl were helpfull, did bosses, helped fbs TT LG etc. then u helped the lowers at your higher lvs... now i see only FCC LV NUBS , i meet them today at 30lv, next day theyre 70+... i ask them if they know how to play, they say: I will learn it if gear is good enough... my response is LOL
    telling a cleric not to DD but heal or purify, or other clasees debuffing etc is annoying and they are mostly useless in squad, i believe they got aps +12 or w/e, but if the mob/boss aggro's them and die they ragequit or tell the cleric that he sux (they usualy do suck)

(Congrats to the GOOD players tho, they really have nerves to play with all these idiots)

otherwise, compared to F2P games this is still way better than any other, tried many of them, they usualy are low budget games, not even worth of your free time, GM , update etc, they have maybe in half a year or so, and 90% of servers BOTING so its useless to play

I know some bugs cant be fixed (or sht happens like when they took the Medals from DQ system) but some skills and getting stuck in ground effects should be (we didnt have them back in 2008-9)

PWI used to be a good game, now its getting more and more washed away from GMs reach, i hope PWE (or whaterver is looking after this game atm) comes to senses and we get a bit more atention again
  • Pierce - Dreamweaver
    Pierce - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well I am sure noticing some trouble even getting a response in ticket system. I think the time is near to shelf this and find a new MMO. Any have a suggestion?
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Maybe Michael didn't get it threw 2 you, So in my fav Color
    THIS GAME IS DEAD
  • Anthem - Lost City
    Anthem - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The game died for me when they released the anniversary packs and lied. "This weekend only!!!" Etc and now here we are a couple of years later almost and packs permanently there. I quit then, I'm back now and the game is an absolute disaster compared to what it was.
  • //ay - Dreamweaver
    //ay - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lol if the game died we wouldnt see anything in auction house west arch would be empty and there would be no systm msg spam of ppl bidding/ packs b:chuckle
  • Kane_lust - Heavens Tear
    Kane_lust - Heavens Tear Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    When a game has more People leaving Then Joining each day, That means the game is dead.
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    SaiKun - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It does certainly feel like they have gave up on this game and are putting out lame patches to sway the players to play a different game of thiers. I like PWI, simply because it was their first. But, if they continue to treat the player base this way, it's not going to persuade me to play a different game of theirs. It will only make me play a game made by a different company. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Every cleric I've ever met was a smoker. Coincidence? I think not.
    Their build, their way..if they call it Sammitch Build, I care less as long they do their job. ~ColdSnow
    Officially Retired : 6/13/2011
  • Iradios - Dreamweaver
    Iradios - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Agree with Sai.
  • Elmut - Heavens Tear
    Elmut - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i played Pw for 1 year, i got a real respect for pw, since it was the first MMO i played.
    But the truth is: This game is dying.

i stoped playing when my psy reached lvl 70, it was like 6 or 7 months ago. I quit to play another game (ALL*DS) in that time pwi was cool i loved bh, pvp, quest, TT and etc.

I've come back recently to play as a mystic (i luv mists xD)

but then i found out some things that maked me quit this game again:

Lack of coins
    5.0 aps
    Sins soloing everything
    Lack of gms online
    Packs
    And other stuff

I realy hope pwi changes.

Sorry if i wrote something wrong my english is not very good
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
    ahaahahhahahahaahahha

that's why you had to ruin it, right?

aahahahhahahahha

this is the best joke ever

ahahhahahhahahah

oh man, gonna PScreen it and send it to some of my friends who quit PWI. This is the laugh of the week.

How's going guys? revenue going down in Q1, even worse than last year with a brand new game out and an over hyped **** expansion to your ...
    first, best, and most important game
    ..?

ahahahaha, thanks for a good laugh this Tuesday morning.

wow...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I quit PWI around 3 months ago,played FW for 2 and I can tell you that game will eventually share the same fate as this and probably their other games as well.Now,while the game isn't actually broken (at least yet) it get's incredibly boring after level 35-40+ (if you played it,you'll know why).

From what I heard,the game already had it's "fun" only for a short while in some early-mid CB phases but started getting boring around the end of it.FW had a bunch of hype about it @ 1st and I was very surprised seeing so many factions coming for a lot of different games already recruiting & preparing for it's launch but during the course of the long CB more & more gave up on it.The gms are more active indeed than here and were much more active during CB,can't say bad things about crabclaw tbh,he's quite the fun guy to have as a gm but not like he can do much to change the fate of the game.

I would've quit it after 1 month but I decided to bare with it & check it out till the end,and in just 2 months it was possible to do almost everything the game had to offer and almost get to cap level with 1 char while playing casually or a bit more.So,like many other ex-PWI players,I'm glad that I abandoned the ship & not stick around to watch it sink,just like with PWI.

FW's probably doing better than PWI atm,but it's easy to see where the game is heading.

I still regret playing it for more than a month though,wasted time but oh well,happens and I'll agree to it that PWI WAS their best game and say that FW's better for now but not by much.

Also :
    Maybe Michael didn't get it threw 2 you, So in my fav Color
    THIS GAME IS DEAD

Understatement actually,it's their whole company that's going downhill along with all their released and unreleased games :D
    well I am sure noticing some trouble even getting a response in ticket system. I think the time is near to shelf this and find a new MMO. Any have a suggestion?

Dunno what to say,lol.Other games probably have their own problems as well.I'm just gonna sit tight & play my LoL till something actually worthwhile is out such as tera or gw 2.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well I've heard rumors that pwe's been wanting ppl to quit pwi and go to FW.

on that note i've tried FW, must admit it's not a bad game and has more features than PWI, but PWI is still one of the best MMO's i've played so far. it would truly be a sad day if we tried to log in and see that all of the PWI servers were shut down permanantly forcing us to other games. as for GM interaction, i see the cries for a GM to PM the player needing help, and what is it with not being able to enter a message when you contact an in-game GM but only to see "I'm stuck!!!"? its obviously clear that something is not right with trying to get in-game help. and isn't it mentioned on the city teleport skill that you should contact a GM for help before using the teleport? somethings not right... id hate to see this game die right after the massive Genesis upgrade and making several friends (and enemies).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    They try desperately to make us play their other fail games, are you wondering where all that money they get from packs goes? Well those game need development and time and new servers and that means money. In other words they are paying for their new games with this game money, no wonder this game has halfassed and unfinished updates, no really new instances, no new content to old classes, no balancing, no new nothing, o yea we do have new packs every few months that we surely get. I will quote an user from the Forsaken World forums, his comment is harsh and is about something completely different but is the truth about cash-shop MMORPGs:

Originally posted by aerosephane on 02-10-2011 at 10:40 AM:

Chinese cash shop games all follow the same business model.

~Build a game that is slightly entertaining preferably using regurgitated coding from a previous game.

~Rework some of the visual attributes to make it look dynamic and new.

~Make constant promises to the community while the dev team is actually recycling another F2P to release.

~1-2 years after OB release date game is practically dead and NEVER actually left the supposed "beta" phase.

~Release new recycled F2P.

~laugh all the way to the bank...

Now is there anything wrong with this? No the world of business is a cut throat place. It's all about getting the biggest return on the smallest investment. Such is life. If you don't believe so then you are only kidding yourself. The Chinese know how to take advantage of the huge western consumer market. Why do you think they make products (like iphone) that most of their consumer market can't even afford. They cater to our "I want it now!" attitude and we accept that.

Am I saying not to play? By no means, these are still entertaining time fillers. I would not advocate blowing thousands of dollars though. I see nothing wrong with $20-$40 a month. But if your an idiot that throws thousands of dollars away your just feeding these companies and justifying their ways. Sure you'll be badass in game, no doubt about that. Inside though most of us are laughing. I have a real life with real responsibilities. The consequences of what happen in game really have no affect on me personally. I actually feel bad for these people because they clearly have little discipline when it comes to personal financial management. No amount of money is endless unless your say, the heir of a multi-billion dollar family business. In that case I doubt you'd be playing this game.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    They try desperately to make us play their other fail games, are you wondering where all that money they get from packs goes? Well those game need development and time and new servers and that means money. In other words they are paying for their new games with this game money, no wonder this game has halfassed and unfinished updates, no really new instances, no new content to old classes, no balancing, no new nothing, o yea we do have new packs every few months that we surely get. I will quote an user from the Forsaken World forums:

Originally posted by aerosephane on 02-10-2011 at 10:40 AM:

Chinese cash shop games all follow the same business model.

~Build a game that is slightly entertaining preferably using regurgitated coding from a previous game.

~Rework some of the visual attributes to make it look dynamic and new.

~Make constant promises to the community while the dev team is actually recycling another F2P to release.

~1-2 years after OB release date game is practically dead and NEVER actually left the supposed "beta" phase.

~Release new recycled F2P.

~laugh all the way to the bank...

Now is there anything wrong with this? No the world of business is a cut throat place. It's all about getting the biggest return on the smallest investment. Such is life. If you don't believe so then you are only kidding yourself. The Chinese know how to take advantage of the huge western consumer market. Why do you think they make products (like iphone) that most of their consumer market can't even afford. They cater to our "I want it now!" attitude and we accept that.

Am I saying not to play? By no means, these are still entertaining time fillers. I would not advocate blowing thousands of dollars though. I see nothing wrong with $20-$40 a month. But if your an idiot that throws thousands of dollars away your just feeding these companies and justifying their ways. Sure you'll be badass in game, no doubt about that. Inside though most of us are laughing. I have a real life with real responsibilities. The consequences of what happen in game really have no affect on me personally. I actually feel bad for these people because they clearly have little discipline when it comes to personal financial management. No amount of money is endless unless your say, the heir of a multi-billion dollar family business. In that case I doubt you'd be playing this game.

Lol,I remember that post on FW forums ^. Also,gotta love a lot of FW players that are new to PWE games are always defending the game and usually throw the " the game is still new,it's in OB ! it'll get better eventually" - I actually feel sry for them.Hell,some even get pissed when you complain about/attack FW,no matter how constructive the criticism is.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i totally agree, i would just feel bad for all those who put money into the game and come on one day and see that its no longer existant. i know i would be angry to put in money to get all the good stuff and come back and see its gone, talk about being ripped off if not essentially stolen from. i guess its a game of waiting to see when/if it actually croaks over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All games will suffer from angry kids (well im hoping this is something only kids do atleast lol) screaming "THE GAME IS DEAD" so my question, where will you go? Switch to another game? p2p/f2p does not matter both will share the same fate eventually, and then scream at forums how angry you are that you wasted so much time and money/effort playing that "fail" game?

no im actually curious, what are you expecting from a mmo? all mmos are the same eventually. even the most succesful p2p ones out there.

PWI is good enought for me, true, might not be the best one out there atm, but at the same time i think its a even more waste of time switchin games thinking "this time it will be an awesome game :D" I just play as long as i have fun.

feel free to play as long as you want, and feel free to stop playing, and feel free to post "this game is dead" when the servers have been shut down for good. Until then pleas be quiet and respect us that dont wanna leave yet, to play another game thats gonna meet the very same fate sooner or later, just cuz you no longer like this game.

Expecting alot of trash and yelling now. Hope there will be none.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I do believe PWE's business model is that its games would be appealing for about 3-5 years while constantly developing new games. It's kind of different ya...a quality game from say, Blizzard, can be popular for a long time. Other series might come out, but the company doesn't easily abandon a game universe like PWE is doing with its popping-out-a-game-a-year. You can see that with Blizzard's continued return to ********, Diablo, and Starcraft series.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited May 2011
    Options
    All games will suffer from angry kids (well im hoping this is something only kids do atleast lol) screaming "THE GAME IS DEAD" so my question, where will you go? Switch to another game? p2p/f2p does not matter both will share the same fate eventually, and then scream at forums how angry you are that you wasted so much time and money/effort playing that "fail" game?

no im actually curious, what are you expecting from a mmo? all mmos are the same eventually. even the most succesful p2p ones out there.

PWI is good enought for me, true, might not be the best one out there atm, but at the same time i think its a even more waste of time switchin games thinking "this time it will be an awesome game :D" I just play as long as i have fun.

feel free to play as long as you want, and feel free to stop playing, and feel free to post "this game is dead" when the servers have been shut down for good. Until then pleas be quiet and respect us that dont wanna leave yet, to play another game thats gonna meet the very same fate sooner or later, just cuz you no longer like this game.

Lawl,who said playing a mmo is a necessity? Some of us might've already quit a while ago and are just trying to have some conversations with others here to see different opinions & such.And no,they aren't the same,read this post below.Ofc a game is not meant to last forever,even the most successful ones,even PWI lasted quite a while now but look @ their other games,their glory days aren't even a year anymore.FW started loosing ppl before it was even launched & while it's holding out atm,lots of ppl are already talking how they're barely seeing any new players come in but they are seeing more leaving.

Think of us "QQers" that give legit arguments as some critics on recent releases on gamespot or something :)
    I do believe PWE's business model is that its games would be appealing for about 3-5 years while constantly developing new games. It's kind of different ya...a quality game from say, Blizzard, can be popular for a long time. Other series might come out, but the company doesn't easily abandon a game universe like PWE is doing with its popping-out-a-game-a-year. You can see that with Blizzard's continued return to ********, Diablo, and Starcraft series.

Lol they censored W@rcraft.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Sefiere - Sanctuary
    Sefiere - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lawl,who said playing a mmo is a necessity? Some of us might've already quit a while ago and are just trying to have some conversations with others here to see different opinions & such.And no,they aren't the same,read this post below.Ofc a game is not meant to last forever,even the most successful ones,even PWI lasted quite a while now but look @ their other games,their glory days aren't even a year anymore.FW started loosing ppl before it was even launched & while it's holding out atm,lots of ppl are already talking how they're barely seeing any new players come in but they are seeing more leaving.

Think of us "QQers" that give legit arguments as some critics on recent releases on gamespot or something :)

Lol they censored W@rcraft.

yea i see what you mean, what i was trying to say was that they all will eventually die, so in that view they are the same, so why switch when someone says game is dead if you still have fun in the one you are playing?

I still have fun in this game, and would say its too early to doom it yet, thats just my opinion though. as for pwe other games i cant say much, maybe they are too old fashioned, and ppl want something they havent tried before i dunno.

blizzard are big and can **** with their games as much as they want, ppl still wont leave.

and i never liked critics on gamespot or other places, they tend to be wrong more often then they are right XD best is to get your own opinion on things like new games and whatever.

but im also curious where some find these numbers that more are leaving then joining, would be awesome if someone could link me there somehow. :)
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Shall I hold you to your opinion, where PWI players alert you to "contentious issues" or "gameplay features of concern", which then become part of the game in the players eyes only tobe removed by yourself/team and chinese company later, due to exploiting?

I've had similar dealings with a company like that. They're from South Korea and they had a name called JM. I do admit Frankie you are keeping the game not infested by automated gold harvesting programs or coin selling advertisements but I've seen this charade before, mate.

I've seen companies that do "look at the shiny object" here while they're just parking one car in front of the studio apartment out the back and jumping ship to the next big thing.

Don't do it to gamers, cause your stock price might just fall a bit further and the BBB (United States) or the Australian Competition and Consumer Co-mission.) Might just hear about some very interesting business practices of PW as a whole company.

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/games/1283110/ftc-to-investigate-in-game-purchasing
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Two Words: MINE CRAFT b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye