Do you think it would be evil if we start charging for our services?

Options
2»

Comments

• Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The only two things that mystics don't replace Clerics for is generally just revive for a no exp loss, and for their purify. Mystics can use their heal faster than ours, and it heals a lot.This is incredibly more useful, because it's so fast, as opposed to waiting for IH's to stack up and waiting for wellspring to fully cast (sometimes you just click it too many times and it just waste time that you need to switch targets that need ASAP heals as well.). Yes, they go through SP like crazy, but from my perspective 75 SP food and even charms make that factor not an issue. b:shutup

IH is the best healing skill when it stacks. Obv, u have to wait for it but its only intended to be used on ppl that have decent to a lot of hp. "The tanks". and yes, the Mystics quick heal replaces clerics wellspring, but can't replace IH. Thus mystics aren't meant to be main healers when there are bosses who hit hard.
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevas - Heavens Tear
    Sevas - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What if barbs started charging for pulls and tanking?

I have seen FF squads paying for a barb because they are desperate. It would be nice if people paid for a ress, especially if you died too. It would cover the cost of the ress scroll and angel.

Sometimes I think clerics are the most neglected and abused class in the game. I always appreciate my temper when I'm on my cleric. b:chuckle The only I ever really considered charging for my cleric's services was in Rebirth because the BM was a jerk and wouldn't get the mana regen thingy. It ate up my charm pretty badly. =(
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What if barbs started charging for pulls and tanking?

I've joined random FC squads on my BM only to be told everyone in squad was paying the barb 10k each to cover his repair bills . . . that's always good for a quick "LOL" before I leave the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's up to you, really.

Charging squadmates is ridiculous as they are tanking and hitting things for you and that's payment enough. However, if you get randoms asking for resses and buffs, feel free to impose a fee. I usually do that when I'm not in the mood and/or I get an irritating begz0r on my tail and usually it chases them away.

A lot of people said what I was thinking but personally, I don't charge because it doesn't feel right. Perfect World isn't such a game that players need to become mercenaries just to get by. One of the best things about being a Cleric in PW is doing nice things for people who really need it, at least it is for me. What's better is when they're profusely giving their thanks and it's a nice surprise when they do decide to give coins or items.

Of course, I have no qualms about charging annoying begz0rz and **** squadmates.

That's just me though. If you feel like people owe you for your services, you can ask for payment but don't be surprised if people refuse and decide to wait for someone who would do it for free.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well i am not a cleric but i want to say one thing.
    cleric have no self-res........
    if a stupid squad let the cleric die two times i would ask for 150k to cover res scroll costs ...if they not willing to pay i would leave as a cleric....

a cleric with a stupid squad get screwed and might lvl alot slower then the squat members....

also i would charge people if to many people ask for res and buffs.
    the time which the cleric need to buff and res can be used for otherstuff which makes money or exp.

in summary, under specific circumstances i would charge.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TBH, it really depends on the situation.

If you're looking to join a squad for a specific purpose then asking for money on top of getting whatever you need done is just selfish and stupid.

If you're talking about, say...standing around in Snowy Village advertising x amount of coin for 1 hour buffs, with your customer base being people soloing/duoing FC, then I really don't see a problem with it.

Charging for squad work in instances where you really don't need anything done? Well...again I can see it if you're advertising up front that you're renting yourself out for coin. But really...that's going under a pretty big assumption that you can, in fact, help out with whatever the squad is looking for help with in the first place. Also, you'd forego the right to complain about any and all costs or exp loss in that case, as well as any claim to anything that drops that's worth value.

I dunno. Personally I couldn't be bothered to set up a 'Rent-A-Cleric' service myself...but I don't think I could condemn anyone else for doing so, as long as it was done strictly for 'business purposes', and not because a greedy Cleric doesn't feel like paying for their own pots/charm/insertothernecessitieshere.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I dunno. Personally I couldn't be bothered to set up a 'Rent-A-Cleric' service myself...but I don't think I could condemn anyone else for doing so, as long as it was done strictly for 'business purposes', and not because a greedy Cleric doesn't feel like paying for their own pots/charm/insertothernecessitieshere.

+1

/10char
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • KennyPowers - Raging Tide
    KennyPowers - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    A lot of clerics play this class because, by nature, they are people who get along well with others. Not all of them are generous, but most I've met are.

I have a cleric that is almost to level 50, and I've been exp dumping into my genie in order to save up enough spirit to max my buffs, res, purify...you get the point. Sometimes I like to fly around the mines and broken bow bluff looking for people to buff and heal. I like to help people, sometimes, and when I do I play my cleric XD.

Being a low level cleric, I'm obviously not to the point where charging for my services is a viable option. But I really don't think charging people is something I'll be tempted to do even in the later levels.
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    A lot of clerics play this class because, by nature, they are people who get along well with others.

PFFFT!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHA!!!

AHA! AHA! AHAHA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh...oh god! My sides...I can't breathe...AHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*Gasp, wheeze*

*Reads again*

HeeheeheeheeheeHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh wow...damn that was funny. XD
    Not all of them are generous, but most I've met are.

Oh. Kay. I can accept that. You got lucky and met the nice ones. XD
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Sometimes I think clerics are the most neglected and abused class in the game. I always appreciate my temper when I'm on my cleric. b:chuckle The only I ever really considered charging for my cleric's services was in Rebirth because the BM was a jerk and wouldn't get the mana regen thingy. It ate up my charm pretty badly. =(

Haha if the leader didnt get mp regen from the very start i'd drop bb and leave squad right before first pull came in. Thats just messed up to not get mp Regen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • YueCleric - Lost City
    YueCleric - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tbh, a simple 'please' and a 'thank you' will do for me, if people are willing to pay for a cleric, i wouldn't hesitate tho..alot of people that ask for my buffs are sins ( figures ).. if you're in a bad mood, go ahead and charge the people, but don't charge for squads..besides, what is better : charge low lvls for your buffs and regret it later..or buff them now so they can help you later on? I mean, come on..charge 20k for buffs? it's like asking 5k just to pm you >.>

i have a 80 cleric and a 62 seeker, both with full friend lists because i help people, i don't ruin their gameplay , i love to help

so..every Lost City player, if u need buffies , pm YueCleric or look for my seeker , SeekerYue

b:victory

b:byeb:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    tbh, a simple 'please' and a 'thank you' will do for me, if people are willing to pay for a cleric, i wouldn't hesitate tho..alot of people that ask for my buffs are sins ( figures ).. if you're in a bad mood, go ahead and charge the people, but don't charge for squads..besides, what is better : charge low lvls for your buffs and regret it later..or buff them now so they can help you later on? I mean, come on..charge 20k for buffs? it's like asking 5k just to pm you >.>

i have a 80 cleric and a 62 seeker, both with full friend lists because i help people, i don't ruin their gameplay , i love to help

so..every Lost City player, if u need buffies , pm YueCleric or look for my seeker , SeekerYue

b:victory

b:byeb:byeb:byeb:bye

Being a doormat isn't being helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3