Do you think it would be evil if we start charging for our services?

Options
Fribles - Lost City
Fribles - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Cleric
Due to the fewer and fewer Clerics playing as a result of the Mystic class and blood paint with intervals (However, we shall never give up!), do you think us remaining Clerics have the right to charge for our presence in party/purify/revives?
I say why not, you have people Plvl'ing for cash for the big room and heads (No idea WTH this is, but I'll find out eventually! b:victory), then what's stopping us from making some profits in a similar way, besides ethics? b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cash shoppers in PWI b:surrender
Post edited by Fribles - Lost City on

Comments

• StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you wanna do it, then do so. I'd rather do my stuff. If i demand to pay me for it i'll get kicked out for sure xD Besides, it's my job to heal, just as it's the job of a barb to tank.

But I also don't know why people are charging others for the heads now.. I stopped for 2 weeks and suddenly i saw that stuff going on.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Eh... No. Would you pay an archer to DD for you? I know I wouldn't. And because of that reason I'll never take payment for what I do. My job in a party is to heal, just as their is to DD, nothing more to it than that.

Also, charging heads is different, mostly they charge for a dungeon they have cleaned either by themselves or in a group so you can get the exp. Usually as a cleric you do the dungeons you need for yourself as well.

So no, I don't think we have any right to charge anyone for our presence in their squad. We're not that rare and it makes us seem like a bunch of stuck up asses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Glerig - Heavens Tear
    Glerig - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That's the difference between us and some other classes.. we do what we do because it's the right thing to do and as a support class we mostly help b:victory

But since some ppl offer to pay for repairs for barbs, i don't see the problem taking money if they offer to pay an amount for mana food/pots and even more if you really need the money.

In the other hand i think it's not cool to charge for revives or things like that.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If someone ask me to res him and I need to move from one end of the map to the other, I ussualy ask for teleport charges, or they gonna have to wait for me to travel all the way.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Due to the fewer and fewer Clerics playing as a result of the Mystic class and blood paint with intervals (However, we shall never give up!), do you think us remaining Clerics have the right to charge for our presence in party/purify/revives?
    I say why not, you have people Plvl'ing for cash for the big room and heads (No idea WTH this is, but I'll find out eventually! b:victory), then what's stopping us from making some profits in a similar way, besides ethics? b:thanks

This thread is evil, the conformation of clerics rebelling against squads is not needed please lock this thread :P clerics are used for free especially when they need the exp or whatever...dont make me call shelly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

I think if you started demanding payment for services, you might find people willing to go without. If you're in a party, based on your class people have certain expectations. Should mystics start charging for rez protection? What about the other classes and their buffs and services? It could get out of hand rather quick if that became the norm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I charge for buffs and resses. If theyre not in my party. 10k for buffs 50k for res. Dont like it? Find another cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I never understood the concept of charging for using your skills.

That is like a Barb charging for hp/str buffs, a BM charging for Bell, a Veno charging for Bramble, a Sin charging for BP, Mystics for Resurrect (which is an INSANE Mp burn xD), etc etc...

Stupid imo...As a Cleric those ARE YOUR SKILLS. Should have rolled a different class if you didn't want to be stuck with buffs and revive. Not like the single buffs use any MP anyways.

FFS....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Fribles - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've been sitting at the BH spot (Center of Archosaur) for about 2 hours over the past week, just observing, and I saw a lot of people getting mad or just shouting for a long long time for a Cleric. Maybe I should sell myself to help them (Not in that bad way boys b:dirty). People are starting to sound desperate enough to ask for a wage! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fribles - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I never understood the concept of charging for using your skills.

That is like a Barb charging for hp/str buffs, a BM charging for Bell, a Veno charging for Bramble, a Sin charging for BP, Mystics for Resurrect (which is an INSANE Mp burn xD), etc etc...

Stupid imo...As a Cleric those ARE YOUR SKILLS. Should have rolled a different class if you didn't want to be stuck with buffs and revive. Not like the single buffs use any MP anyways.

FFS....

As someone said before barbs charge for repairs and so on. This me just finding a way to make a little extra cash to pay for HH gear/reputation, so I don't have to keep selling gold in the AH when I run low. I'm not seeing how it's that bad considering people sell their time to Plvl others. Yes I like my class, but when their is a way to earn some extra dough, why not take it? I'm not saying I will only do this, I'm just considering it for parties that need the hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I've seen some world chats requesting clerics for FF, and offering to pay the cleric. They are rare, though.
  • GenericBrand - Archosaur
    GenericBrand - Archosaur Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Outside of squad situations I see no problem charging. You're talking about charging for buffs and such while you're in squad to accomplish whatever >.>; If that's what you want to do, by all means have at it. I would drop squad or simply go without those buffs. Other class buffs are awesome but are not mandatory. I rely only on my own class buffs to do the things I need to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't charge a squad to help you run something you need. Getting 'x' checked off you list is payment enough as every class has it's expenses.

Opting out of a wine fee for something you're just helping with, on the other hand, I find perfectly reasonable.

To be honest, the attitude of "pay me or I'll leave" or "I get in for free or I'll leave" is exactly why many people don't like clerics.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    As a barb i never charge for my tanking abilities (sometimes i tank for some money but that are request for barbs from WC" LF barb for xxx paying 100k")
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i know people who charged like 2 years ago 50k for each rez. this times are over, since you can level faster now.

i charge sometimes only for teleporting back and forward since it can end up with 50k to buff or rez someone.
    Other then this if i can fly there, i buff and rez people for free.

Once a friend of mine asked a rez from a cleric standing next to him, she wanted to charge him 10k for that..seriously? i went nuts, thank you for ruining clerics reputation.
    Clerics get second pick in TT, so they should st.fu and offer some free services to people. You can pretty much ruin your reputation among the playerbase nowadays with that , especially since the server-world is small.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't mind someone offering to pay my transporation fees for a rez etc....especially if they want me to use the illusion stone to enter FB99 etc vs fly. If I volunteer to help a group that can't find a cleric and it's a lower lvl BH (ie 69) I'd like to be not charged for the wines considering I'm doing this to help a group I've seen asking for a cleric for over 20 or 30 mins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If they offer to pay, I have no qualms about accepting, but I will never ask for payment.
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If they offer to pay, I have no qualms about accepting, but I will never ask for payment.

what i do is whenever someone asks for a cleric and is desperate enough to offer pay, I'll do it for them and then run off while they're like "what bout ur money?"b:puzzledb:bye
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I`ve helped people with their quests/bosses/stuff countless times in the past no matter what this costs me - hp/mp food, charm, repairs, XP etc. , and I`ve never asked for a payment in any way, the kind word "Thank you" when we are done is more than enough to make me feel good.
    So, back on the topic, given the background I don't think I even have to say if we should charge or not. Just be a nice cleric, go ahead and buff the person, you never know if tomorrow you will need the help of the very same person.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I would never take money for heals / buffs / revives. :s First, it's my job and everyone has expenses. Second, I would feel freaking bad and guilty, to be honest... Even when people need help to open TT and they offer money I say 'I'll help, but for free'. Also, when I met my ingame hubby he wanted to buy my pack but I said no and slowly saved up for it. I also do not accept gifts from him, unless we both buy gifts for each other. I'm weird like that. Depends on personality...
  • Cilantro - Heavens Tear
    Cilantro - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I agree. I dont ask for money myself. If Im offered I will for sure take it.

Although. if someome pm me with "buff me" straight like that... Im a bit resilient in doing it... Could you add a please or something?

Same thing with random squads. I will join a squad.. Im not even ready and I already read the famous "buff me" before a simple hi or thanks for joining or something. Its just a bit rude and bothers me...
  • Zuqria - Dreamweaver
    Zuqria - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why would you want to ruin the game 2? Should it really be all about the money?

In the lowest levels i always made speedpotions prior to entering an instance. Mainly to give our guilds cleric's and tryed to share the magicpots i gathered & did not use.

Not bcs i thought she should be payed but bcs we all would benefit from her 'keeping up' and 'having enough magic' to heal.

If any of our team needs something i have i'll share and offcourse i don't want to be payed. I just want to survive and do my part in the team and have fun!

Clerics imo will not be replaced by Mystics, no way
  • Fribles - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The only two things that mystics don't replace Clerics for is generally just revive for a no exp loss, and for their purify. Mystics can use their heal faster than ours, and it heals a lot.This is incredibly more useful, because it's so fast, as opposed to waiting for IH's to stack up and waiting for wellspring to fully cast (sometimes you just click it too many times and it just waste time that you need to switch targets that need ASAP heals as well.). Yes, they go through SP like crazy, but from my perspective 75 SP food and even charms make that factor not an issue. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If someone asks you to come ress, buff and heal for a boss they should pay for the teleport fee at least. You should not have to ask for it or feel evil or whatever. They should just drop you some coins and mp pots.

Its not only about the money, its about someones free in-game time to. If you keep assuming clerics will travel all over the map just to help, paying everything themselves, they will stop helping after a while and pretend to be afk. I'm not gonna pay 20-60k myself teleporting in and out of an instance than spend more money using Holy Path to get to the dead players. Id go broke if i kept doing that 10 times a day.

Charging some random standing next to you when he is asking for buffs or ress is lame though. Just ignore if he cant ask properly or if you dont feel like helping.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The only two things that mystics don't replace Clerics for is generally just revive for a no exp loss, and for their purify. Mystics can use their heal faster than ours, and it heals a lot.This is incredibly more useful, because it's so fast, as opposed to waiting for IH's to stack up and waiting for wellspring to fully cast (sometimes you just click it too many times and it just waste time that you need to switch targets that need ASAP heals as well.). Yes, they go through SP like crazy, but from my perspective 75 SP food and even charms make that factor not an issue. b:shutup

wrong. their heals are fast, but at later instances you get strong bosses (TT3-x) which hit way to hard to keep up with simple mystic skill (which is compareable to clerics wellspring).
    i dont really know what you doing there..but you doing something defently wrong there.
    Maybe they had better gear and better stats than you? Whats your MAG?
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Fribles - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    wrong. their heals are fast, but at later instances you get strong bosses (TT3-x) which hit way to hard to keep up with simple mystic skill (which is compareable to clerics wellspring).
    i dont really know what you doing there..but you doing something defently wrong there.
    Maybe they had better gear and better stats than you? Whats your MAG?
    I don't know the exact number, but I'm doing adding 1 STR and 9 MAG every two levels, and I have everything at level 10, except Tempest, Wield Thunder, Seals, Blessing of the purehearted, Rejuvinate, Regenerous Aura, Red party attack increase thingy, and those two melee damage AOE's (The Feather thrower b:thanks and the one that requires a spark b:laugh). I'm also using The 70 green wand, so my healing is pretty much the best it can be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SaiKun - Harshlands
    SaiKun - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I charge for buffs and resses. If theyre not in my party. 10k for buffs 50k for res. Dont like it? Find another cleric.

My point exactly. It's different it your in squad and everyone is working toward a common goal. Totally opposite if some red name *cough* sin *cough* swaggers his way toward you demanding you buff him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Every cleric I've ever met was a smoker. Coincidence? I think not.
    Their build, their way..if they call it Sammitch Build, I care less as long they do their job. ~ColdSnow
    Officially Retired : 6/13/2011
  • Dawnx_ - Harshlands
    Dawnx_ - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I haven't charged for my services and never will imo i think it's rude to charge for buffs and such.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    Dawnx- 100 Demon Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Mystic.
    Doom_Panda- 101 R9 Barb 23k HP. :D
    PsychicTuna- 90 Sage Psychic.

PANDAS FTW!!!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I haven't charged for my services and never will imo i think it's rude to charge for buffs and such.

^ This and also what jiq stated.

I will not even charge for teleport fees to get into places such as HH/TT, etc....Because I chose to say "ok, I will help."

IF they want it bad enough then the Cleric can fly to where they are needed and they can wait = No expense to you but time and even then you CAN SAY NO.

This is just heartbreaking and the same can be said of other classes asking for repair fees = GTFO!!

ALL classes have their repair, pots, etc costs. QQ my repairs = get out because then I can QQ about my MP charm that I use 1 full Plat a day when farming and **** and that tick's 3x's MORE then an hp charm that I am helping to save -.-. But I don't because I choose to have the charm and I choose to HELP and play MY class with all the skills that have been given to me. Besides it is not like MP pots are expensive...>_>

Just say no ffs and go on your way. There are PLENTY of Cleric's out there that will do their "jobs" free of charge and because this is literally one of the most SELFLESS classes out there.

Makes me sad...b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Kiiria - Raging Tide
    Kiiria - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Well if someone offers you money for it, take it, but don't ask for it.

What if Sins started charging squads to kill shades and tank in FC?

What if barbs started charging for pulls and tanking?

What if Archers started charging by the arrow?

Maybe BMs start charging for HF and AoE stuns?

How about this, everybody pays eachother 500K at the beginning of anything.
    That works right? You pay 500K ea to 5 people, get 500K from 5 people. Whoot, everybody wins!

Oh wait, I missed a zero... Everybody... Balances out!