Selling heads a big demand for it?

Options

Comments

• ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ofo tends to hit quite hard. =\ Even a decently geared tank will ask for BB... And on top of that, if you have, say, a Psy tanking Ofo, and an Archer steals, BB gives the archer some kind of chance to survive the aggro long enough for the Psy to get aggro back. If you have a Barb tanking, Ofo's magic attack, which he will use even when Melee, is a mini-nuke to them, seeing how most barbs tend to have really poor MDef, and it can take a while to catch back up with IH.

Oh aggro ping pong, I get it, I get it b:laugh
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes there is a big demand for heads...
    There are some cases where people buy some soloed heads (for 1.3 mil, or even more) because the less member inside = more exp gained.

And there's another fact that makes FC alive:

You can't lvl up trough grind if you don't you don't know your class.
    You can't lvl up trough bh if you don't know how to get every mobs aggro/ heal/don't steall aggro
    You can't lvl up trough Rebirth Order Quets if you don't even know what a Rebirth Order Quest is.

But just need to be alive and have tons of money to lvl up buying heads.

I believe that's basically it.
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh aggro ping pong, I get it, I get it b:laugh

Yep, basically. At least I can hold aggro on my Sin... I have to be careful of Seekers using Vortex and PURE dex Archers... But, at 75, I can hold aggro against pure Dex Sins pretty easily. 1.54 APS + double spark + Relentless Courage (1.82 aps) + Repeat = My aggro...

If I'm not careful, I can pull off 9x barbs. b:surrender (Might have just been her being lazy, though, or out of Chi, I'm betting on the former b:chuckle)
    Yes there is a big demand for heads...
    There are some cases where people buy some soloed heads (for 1.3 mil, or even more) because the less member inside = more exp gained.

And there's another fact that makes FC alive:

You can't lvl up trough grind if you don't you don't know your class.
    You can't lvl up trough bh if you don't know how to get every mobs aggro/ heal/don't steall aggro
    You can't lvl up trough Rebirth Order Quets if you don't even know what a Rebirth Order Quest is.

But just need to be alive and have tons of money to lvl up buying heads.

I believe that's basically it.

Huh? Wha... I don't even...

1) You can't 'solo' heads. They give 'more exp per head', but it doesn't matter if you can only get a quarter of the total heads that spawn, you're gonna get less than if you had a full squad
    2) Some classes can level via grinding without using skills at all. BM, Sin, Barb, Seeker... Once you're to a certain level, you just auto attack (at least on a Fist BM/Fist Barb/Sin)
    3) Rebirth has a level limitation on it. You can't go 'xomag! I'm gonna use Gamma to get to 104 lolz!' because it has a level cap of 85. And... Like... NOBODY on Sanct does full Delta runs (to my knowledge). Gamma is only useful for a few levels. So, Rebirth is only useful for a few levels anyway, and not a valid way to plevel a character from 1 to endgame
    4) pleveling is by most standards for those with more money than time/brains. If I wanted to do FB19 at 101, then... Um, I don't even know where to go with that.

I'd rather just take my time and play my character... When you powerlevel, your character is playing you. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Corvanna - Heavens Tear
    Corvanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm going to aim to tank BH69 by level 85. Probably will probably be impossible... Bit, we'll see.

This will be quite impossible. I've done millions of BH69 (barely did any fc from 80 till 89, relied on BH to level up instead) and I have yet to see a sin in their 80s able to tank pole. Although you can try your luck with a good cleric who remembers to purify you when pole debuffs. I usually anticipate the debuff and purify immediately, but with my **** internet sometimes pole still manages 1 hit which is quite painful. If you are going to try then kudos to you and I wish you luck b:pleased

On topic: Quite a few people selling heads on HT as well and avg price is about 800k. Personally I don't see the point, my alts progress fast enough with quests and BHs, and I prefer to enjoy the gameplay. Being a cleric I can still find regular fc squads if I want to, and I have to say I like that little perk b:victory

Cheers
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This will be quite impossible. I've done millions of BH69 (barely did any fc from 80 till 89, relied on BH to level up instead) and I have yet to see a sin in their 80s able to tank pole. Although you can try your luck with a good cleric who remembers to purify you when pole debuffs. I usually anticipate the debuff and purify immediately, but with my **** internet sometimes pole still manages 1 hit which is quite painful. If you are going to try then kudos to you and I wish you luck b:pleased

On topic: Quite a few people selling heads on HT as well and avg price is about 800k. Personally I don't see the point, my alts progress fast enough with quests and BHs, and I prefer to enjoy the gameplay. Being a cleric I can still find regular fc squads if I want to, and I have to say I like that little perk b:victory

Cheers

Hehe, ty. Willing to try, don't mind if I die. Maybe I can invest in something to make it work. Who knows. If it doesn't, then I can watch my DPS and let a barb tank.

And yeah, I don't see the point of buying FCC. =\ It's faster, and cheaper to just run it yourself after 75, as in, get into a squad that's gonna do the instance, not just shoot arrows at heads. You get more EXP, and ACTUAL experience. Plus, you make coins in the process, and can end up with FCC drops to sell/use.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Selling fc is a massive part of the HL economy. A sin or barb can make tens of millions a day from selling full runs or just the heads just heads, you mainly see lvl 8x's buying spots. Its great

Anyone that can solo FC can make money faster doing other things. It takes about an hour from the time you start to when everyone actually gets there, and that's assuming finding people doesn't take ages. People who sell FC are nubs.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Famous last words there... for a walking npc. Any idiot can tank bh59... pretty sure my fb59 was tanked by a 60 cleric... and I went back and tanked another fb59 at level 59 as an archer.

Any idiot would be under the impression that any idiot could tank BH59.
    ....which is why i LOL at people who WC going:

"LFM BH59 WINED, need BARB/SEEKER/BM have cleric!"

....I take the time to tell those poor idiots that any magic class with two braincells to rub together could tank 59 and there's no need at all to waste teles on a 'real tank'. I also try to tell them that there is no reason at all why you should need to wine any instance below 69....because the mobs there are easy as hell in a group of people with an IQ higher than 7. Usually, these people respond in the most immature ways I can think of, including telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.

>.>; I'm sorry, I've only been playing this game two years, I obviously don't know what the hell I'm talking about. Carry on, by all means.

PS: Half the people who don't know how FB's work......are hyper babies.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ofo tends to hit quite hard. =\ Even a decently geared tank will ask for BB...

Lol wut? I was tanking Ofo without BB xd
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Same. I've never got what the big deal with Ofo was. b:chuckle
  • DeathMethod - Harshlands
    DeathMethod - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I often see people selling heads in HL. Today I saw one person selling to the level range of 100-103. I hope they were joking.

L.M.F.A.O. Yes... That was SyntherosX My faction leader... He was kidding but was curious if anyone in that range would offer b:cute
    edited May 2011
    Options

So, how exactly do you deal with the magic damage?

I did Ofo without BB today. oh wow. impressive. /Cleareyesguy

And we wiped at Drake because I'm getting sick and I like... fell asleep and didn't rib strike. Ever. And the fire stacked to 800-900 damage per tick... Which was kind of funny. Rez buff + spark skill + rising dragon + double spark + auto attack = I killed it befor ethe mystic died though, and after everyone else rezzed, so nobody missed out on the... 25k exp it gave.

Going to sleep now before I get more QWERTY face. >_>
    L.M.F.A.O. Yes... That was SyntherosX My faction leader... He was kidding but was curious if anyone in that range would offer b:cute

lmao did they?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So, how exactly do you deal with the magic damage?

I did Ofo without BB today. oh wow. impressive.

And we wiped at Drake because I'm getting sick and I like... fell asleep and didn't rib strike. Ever. And the fire stacked to 800-900 damage per tick... Which was kind of funny. Rez buff + spark skill + rising dragon + double spark + auto attack = I killed it befor ethe mystic died though, and after everyone else rezzed, so nobody missed out on the... 25k exp it gave.

Going to sleep now before I get more QWERTY face. >_>

lmao did they?

Wait, what ? What do you mean with "how exactly do you deal with the magic damage" ? As LA class your magic defences are higher than your phys def.

Wiped at Drake ? Seriously ? That must be the lamest thing to happen. How could you get wiped at a DoT boss ?
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Why BB on Ofotis? b:faint

Greatest advantage of BB on Ofo = so me can eat ice cream and be lazy b:laugh
    edited May 2011
    Options

Wiped at Drake ? Seriously ? That must be the lamest thing to happen. How could you get wiped at a DoT boss ?

Totally possible if the fire dot stacks and there's no cleric to purify b:pleased
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Greatest advantage of BB on Ofo = so me can eat ice cream and be lazy b:laugh

One of the clerics I ran with actually did that xd lazy clerics!

Edit - @your second post, considering the fact that he/she said "we" it does makes sense to have cleric in the squad. Thinking that you can solo it and sending whole squad of people into oblivion is fail. When I`m in doubt that I can solo some boss I`m at least telling the people not to attack...
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Options

Hey as long as no one dies it's all good, BB also gets the job done.....sometimes b:chuckle
    edited May 2011
    Options

Edit - @your second post, considering the fact that he/she said "we" it does makes sense to have cleric in the squad. Thinking that you can solo it and sending whole squad of people into oblivion is fail. When I`m in doubt that I can solo some boss I`m at least telling the people not to attack...

*sigh* if only things made sense still in pwi.....with the new earth guard race I've actually seen BH runs with a couple of mystics instead of clerics b:surrender
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hey as long as no one dies it's all good, BB also gets the job done.....sometimes b:chuckle

Sends some my way next time D:
    *sigh* if only things made sense still in pwi.....with the new earth guard race I've actually seen BH runs with a couple of mystics instead of clerics b:surrender

Ah yes, you are right ... -sigh- poor people ...
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Back on topic... Ive seen alot of people selling heads in WC, but havent bought any as 1) I'm too poor 2) I reckon itd be an easy scam. And I like to do quests (But I'm getting awfully sick of broken bow bluff lol - loving the fact my EG alts don't go to Archosaur till about lvl 25).
    And I reckon there'd be a demand or else people wouldn't try to sell them.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Totally possible if the fire dot stacks and there's no cleric to purify b:pleased

The fire drake does really doesn't stack that much. As long as I'm going all out on Drake and the Cleric doesn't have some kind of level 3 weapon, or isn't LA/HA, BB at Drake never ticked my charm (when I had one; emerald charm went away in one day of me doing PQ). They had better purify when done though lol

I dunno. If you have a Sin or Archer in the squad... And they're Pure dex... Heh, Ofo tends to hit those types for 2k, and pure dex at that level = 2k hp. BB gives them time to get away lol If you have a squad of BM's and a Barb, then I don't see a point in BB either. Depends on the squad, their HP, and their gear.
    Wait, what ? What do you mean with "how exactly do you deal with the magic damage" ? As LA class your magic defences are higher than your phys def.

>_> I'm sick. I though tyou meant as a barb... QQ

And yeah. I more or less fell asleep... And... I'm pretty sure the cleric purified me... once. At the beginning. That might have been the 91 Archer's bow proccing, though.

And, no... I have more PDef than MDef. As a Sin, anyway. Why would I want more MDef than PDef, I'm melee? The MDef is nice for BH59, Ofo is actually easier on my Sin than on my BM (to be honest, I have an LA TT80 set on my BM for BH59). But, if 90% of the time, I'm taking physical, why shoudln't I do something to change that? Hence, I have Garnets in about half my armor (Immacs and Flawless, and most of the armor came with the shards already in it). With Cleric buffs, I get ~4.5k PDef, 3.9k MDef, and 4.2k HP. Throw Bell in and I get 6k PDef. And Barb buffed, I get to 5.2k HP.

My archer is opposite, I sharded for even more MDef, since that seems to be what I end up taking more often. :p
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is beyond my comprehension why people take the expression "selling heads" so casually.

b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You know, FCC has always been open. The possibility to power-level in there has always been there. It was just encouraged with Hypers. I mean, it exists in every MMO, that once 1 char is near the cap, you help your own alts.

Now "selling powerleveling" is not that much of a problem, not like learning classes is hard, once you got the common sense.

Edit: How do you like her Abstractive?
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yep, basically. At least I can hold aggro on my Sin... I have to be careful of Seekers using Vortex and PURE dex Archers... But, at 75, I can hold aggro against pure Dex Sins pretty easily. 1.54 APS + double spark + Relentless Courage (1.82 aps) + Repeat = My aggro...

If I'm not careful, I can pull off 9x barbs. b:surrender (Might have just been her being lazy, though, or out of Chi, I'm betting on the former b:chuckle)

Huh? Wha... I don't even...

1) You can't 'solo' heads. They give 'more exp per head', but it doesn't matter if you can only get a quarter of the total heads that spawn, you're gonna get less than if you had a full squad
    2) Some classes can level via grinding without using skills at all. BM, Sin, Barb, Seeker... Once you're to a certain level, you just auto attack (at least on a Fist BM/Fist Barb/Sin)
    3) Rebirth has a level limitation on it. You can't go 'xomag! I'm gonna use Gamma to get to 104 lolz!' because it has a level cap of 85. And... Like... NOBODY on Sanct does full Delta runs (to my knowledge). Gamma is only useful for a few levels. So, Rebirth is only useful for a few levels anyway, and not a valid way to plevel a character from 1 to endgame
    4) pleveling is by most standards for those with more money than time/brains. If I wanted to do FB19 at 101, then... Um, I don't even know where to go with that.

I'd rather just take my time and play my character... When you powerlevel, your character is playing you. >_>
    I was talking about all RB, not just gamma.

Some classes at some levels can grind very easly. but they all will also have some expensive repairs...
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
    edited May 2011
    Options

Edit: How do you like her Abstractive?

She's my new wallpaper. Thank you. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It is beyond my comprehension why people take the expression "selling heads" so casually.

b:embarrass

You want head?
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You want head?

I was going for a more subtle approach, but you put it there bluntly. b:chuckle

And no "heads" for me, thank you. b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was going for a more subtle approach, but you put it there bluntly. b:chuckle

And no "heads" for me, thank you. b:embarrass

But i sell it cheap, only 300k.
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Heads, heads, fresh heads, heads on a stick, heads in a bun, buy till they're still fresh and heady!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Heads, heads, fresh heads, heads on a stick, heads in a bun, buy till they're still fresh and heady!

You did NOT just say that. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

OMG 'fresh and heady' totally did it for me , gimme ...ummm 3 heady fresh heads please ! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]