How do people make their names?

Comments

• Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm trying to figure out a good name for my female assassin, and I guess its hard to make one b:surrender

How did you create your character name?

I typed it by pressing left Ctrl + D, R, A, Z, O, M, Y, S and T on my keyboard, in that order.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's called Serendipity. It's a fantasy name generator. It can give random made-up names for anything from people to colors.

...or it's a virus that'll cause evil robots to burst from your computer and start killing everyone in sight. Try your luck and click. b:sin

Sorry, but its not a virus im worried about.

"FRENCH BOYS" O_O
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All the names on my characters mean something.

Samaela[cleric] - Added an "a" to make the male name Samael more female. Name means something like venom of God, and Samael is a fallen angel in various bible histories. He is also said to be the angel of death. Such a suitable name for a cleric don't you think?

Mentali[psychic] - The French name for Espeon. Y'know, the psychic pokemon than evolves from Eevee?

QQangel[archer] - This is actually an inside joke between me and my boyfriend. I was talking to him about the weeping angels from Dr. Who and he gave them the name QQangels. So when I made my archer a couple of days later I ended up using that. She looks like an angel to me anyway.

I'm too lazy to explain the rest of the names I go by, I hardly use my other alts anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear
    _Lucivar_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm trying to figure out a good name for my female assassin, and I guess its hard to make one b:surrender

CheapestHoe.

Best name ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alt character.
    Originally posted by Hojuken
    b. dislike /= hate. but glad to see you step into the fuss to make random comments about people you don't know/never met. i do believe you're from enrage? figures.
    I'm Enrage now? Since when?
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2011

google my name and find out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011

HEY ! I knew that ! b:angry b:embarrass b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I see what you did there >_>
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sorry, but its not a virus im worried about.

"FRENCH BOYS" O_O
    Oh that b:chuckle Nooo, it's just a little generator page that gives you random stuffs.

Try it out, it's fun. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i used my venos name in previous games which i first thought of "vickster" well, my bf did actually lol (because my RL name is vicky). but when i messed up on my character (in the first mmo i played, not PW) i then thought to type it differently as vixter, which in my opinion looks better too.

as for TreeHugs, idk, it was the first thing that popped in my head cuz earthguards are all like tree huggers and stuff lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • Dedil - Sanctuary
    Dedil - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    In the beginning I always made a combination of my name + a word.
    For example:
    Name (this is not my real name): Liz
    Word: Fox
    New name: Folix

But now I always think about things and make a combination of them cuz the name thing failz b:sweat
  • Sherufaniru - Raging Tide
    Sherufaniru - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Google my name and you see I took my name from the Playstation 3 Idea Factory/Red Entertainment and Compile Hearts game, Agarest Generation of War/ Record of Agarest War

Well my name of the character Sherufanir is a typo cause I thought it ended with a u at the end, didn't double check. >_>

But she called Sherufanir and she looks just like a Veno(She half breed though) at that time I was making and playing one but she a thief type/speed type character so that where the similarity ends.

Most of the characters I make I take their names from my RPG games if they fit the character I'm making but it hard since I guess everyone played alot of console RPGs and take them fast and quick as possible b:surrender

That or I use Norse mythology for my character names but again I guess there quite a few people that do like Norse Myths since the names are always taken.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you're 18+ years old, google my name and find out

Fixed b:laugh

Ow, must add that you might not want to google that up if you're 80+ years old, too b:laugh
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Most of mine I just made up, with a few obvious exceptions (you can see the list in my sig aside from Sataea and Druissa, seeker and mystic - couldn't fit them in). RubixCube my barb... was stuck on an idea, looking around the living room, saw the toy sitting on the coffee table. Florafang my wiz, well, obvious (I tried for Jewelscalen first but it was taken). Torchwood is named after the TV show of the same name. And Pickerel is named after a fish because... Tideborn. Need I say more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
    Foxieee_trek - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    foxieee_ was taken so i added a random word xd
    venomacer lvl 80b:pleased
    assasin lvl62b:victory
    Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
  • GreatGatsby - Heavens Tear
    GreatGatsby - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    GreatGatsby - I looked at my bookshelf

HarpyWraith - named it after one of the if not the hardest bosses in the game

sometimes you'll be suprised at which names haven't been taken yet
  • Letmeblossom - Dreamweaver
    Letmeblossom - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I loved the Great Gatsby. b:surrender

I made a looot of characters. I never seem to like ANY of their names.
    The latest char's I made and named are..

NiightmareXz, my archer. I stole her name from my friend. Sh.
    kablee, my seeker, from Gerard Butler's character in "Gamer". He was so badass.
    (needless to say I started getting mistaken for a guy, so i started using girl names...)
    EmeryFlower, my mystic, I wanted emery but it was taken and I hate using _ or x or anything really... But anyway, I'm not sure if it's a real flower. o.o But it's a flower in Rune Factory xD . I love Harvest Moon.
    letmeblossom, my sin. I was gonna name my mystic that since it's more fitting, but when i made her, I couldn't remember what I wanted her name to be, so I named her EmeryFlower blahblah. Now I hate my sin's name and I wish I just named her Emy or something. b:surrender
  • JUSTlNBlEBER - Sanctuary
    JUSTlNBlEBER - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sometimes you'll be suprised at which names haven't been taken yet

I know, right? b:cute
  • Sherufaniru - Raging Tide
    Sherufaniru - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I loved the Great Gatsby. b:surrender

I made a looot of characters. I never seem to like ANY of their names.
    The latest char's I made and named are..

NiightmareXz, my archer. I stole her name from my friend. Sh.
    kablee, my seeker, from Gerard Butler's character in "Gamer". He was so badass.
    (needless to say I started getting mistaken for a guy, so i started using girl names...)
    EmeryFlower, my mystic, I wanted emery but it was taken and I hate using _ or x or anything really... But anyway, I'm not sure if it's a real flower. o.o But it's a flower in Rune Factory xD . I love Harvest Moon.
    letmeblossom, my sin. I was gonna name my mystic that since it's more fitting, but when i made her, I couldn't remember what I wanted her name to be, so I named her EmeryFlower blahblah. Now I hate my sin's name and I wish I just named her Emy or something. b:surrender

Rune Factory you say Letmeblossom you my friend have good taste b:victory
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i tend to name mine after characters in books i read. when i made most of the ones i play at the moment, i was on a minor binge on Canadian author Peter Watts' sci-fi dystopias. (by the way, he lets people freely download many of his novels from his website, check out rifters.com for some great reading. then buy some of 'em on dead trees to support the guy, he deserves it.) i kindof deliberately kept that going when i made my earthguards, because i liked the theme.

(people say it's hard for an author to write characters any smarter than the author him- or herself is, while fairly easy to write characters that are not as smart; i believe it. with the work of mr. Watts, it's fantastically refreshing to be reading things written by someone very obviously much, much smarter than i myself could ever be.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • trickksgirl
    trickksgirl Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Seems to me that girl characters are harder to name than guy chars, I have no idea why b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Whatever pops into my head. Kinda like your user name ;)

Best thing is to just quit the game. its broken xD
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i usually name my alts either after characters in books i've read, or make up names based off movies, or variations. i have an archer named SteelMagolia, and a mystic named BlueMagnolia. FoxRunning is the title of a book, ShastaFrost (my barb) is a name i made up, based on a mountain i loved to see when i lived in California.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You should do like most nerds on online games. Be uncreative and base their name off things like anime or books they have read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Raapy - Raging Tide
    Raapy - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My RL name Raphael
    My lazy friend cut it to Rap
    Rap as a name is so boring i added a "y"
    There was a Rapy on RT already added a "a"
    Raapy b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Level 104 Sage Assassin[/SIGPIC]
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Lypiphera: A character in my favorite book series was referred to as this and it was translated in the book as "Pain Bearer" which suits a cleric

Aneurysmal: Psychic has to do with head, Aneurysm is a weakening in the wall of a blood vessel usually referencing the cranium. Aneurysmal- of or having to do with an aneurysm

Incompetance: 2 sides, 1) it takes no skill to be 5aps, 2) funny to pk and have people killed by incompetance

MetalPenguin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iQ93L0jV6c
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Farsword - Harshlands
    Farsword - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    think of what your class does and then find a way to phrase that that sounds cool like i attack from a distance so i named my char Far Sword
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Uhhh....Mystic...So...I like Asian things...So I came up with SaiMeiMei o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    my name came off from a... well... something.... (i not telling ;3)
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    my name came off from a... well... something.... (i not telling ;3)

a necklace mold ingame? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • DeathMethod - Harshlands
    DeathMethod - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My sins name.. Is very.. Very.. OP

His
    Name
    Is
    illegal
    Huh? Huh? :D Tight ain't it