Most versatile class

2»

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well...

Versatility... It means 'doing many things', 'filling many roles'.

While BM has many weapon paths... Unless you get the skills in these paths, you aren't being versatile.

What BM's can do: Cancel channeling, AOE, Stun, AOE Stun, Tank, DD, and to a very limited degree, pull. They are strong in the fact that they can AOE a LOT with axes, cancel with fists, but are limited in their range. One of the sword skills can, IME, be used to pull. It has to be maxed though... Versatile, yes. They get one party buff, Aura of the Golden Bell, that boosts PDef.

Mystics are also versatile. Bear in mind, I haven't played my mystic like I have the other classes, so if I'm leaving anything out, feel free to (constructively) correct me. They get Heals, a rez buff, multiple summons, including a summon that can AOE, a summon that can put a chi shield around a target, a summon that can stun, etc. They get a Salad Army that can debuff, heal, and other various functions (including deal damage). Versatile, yes.

Veno, is a support class. They get a ranged Stun, AOEs, and a plethora of available pets to tame (plus the two cash shop pets). They get an 'on demand' purge, and multiple curses, debuffs, and amplify damage. And here we have the best pulling class in the game... Flesh ream on any pet, as long as the skill hits, will generate sufficient aggro, to pull whatever it was to the Veno, and in almost all situations, nothing else.

BM's fill two roles: Tank and DD.

Mystic can be Tank (with summon), DD, healer, and Support Class.

Veno is almost exclusively a Support class, and possibly a tank (herc, magmite, Shaodu Cub, etc). Damage output is limited, unless you have a Nix, and that is limited too (can't take in instances.

My vote would be for Mystic. They might not be a really good Tank, or a really good DD, or a really good Healer, or a really good Support Class, but they are capable of filling all of those roles, and sometimes, two at once.

The other classes, for the most part, aren't going to multi-role. Sins are going to DD in lower levels, and switch to tanking in the higher levels. Archers... Well, they're DD's. Wiz, are DD's. Psy are DD's. Clerics are healers, and possibly DD's.

And you come to places where you have odd things, like a wiz tanking BH59. But you aren't gonna see (many) Wiz tank builds. Or Sin Tank builds in the lower levels (I'm just crazy). And Barbs are just tanks, some may choose to restat for DD/4.0/5.0 at endgame, but same thing, they aren't gonna become debuffer/support class all of the sudden.

And thus, Mystics win this poll.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver
    Myrrmidonna - Dreamweaver Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Veno FTW

- caster or melee
    - semi cler+barb duo in one with tank pet
    - double pew-pew with dd pet
    - debuffer and supporter for parties
    - nice DD, with no dmg reduction for pet on lvl[?]
    - fully-customisable pet, which for a veno is half of the character actually.

We're the best! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DREAMWEAVER:
    Myrrmidonna, 8x Trickster b:sin
    Eskarinne, 5x Summoner b:cute

It is not the destination that makes the journey worthwhile...
  • Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hard to determine the most versatile class. All classes have many uses.

For instance, Clerics are initially healers but can be dders and debuffers. And with nice gear and good use of skills, they can become gatherers or good tanks.(when not having to compete with high apsers)
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    And to add onto the veno versatility that I'm quite defiant on that I'm quite sure veno-supporters know about:

-Not only what I listed above, but they also have a great amount of debuffs and DoT's
    -They are the main DD support character (amp for both magic/phys damage, both fox form aoe myriad and human single target myriad for physical/magical armor breaks for multiple uses (2x chance to break armors on bosses with both (both have a relatively short cooldown too), and aoe use for aoe-related activities, such as FC and Delta), physical defence reduction with ironwood) and so on. The list continues.
    -Probably one of the few classes where Sage == Demon. Both are completely equal in what you could do in them. (not like an argument such as sins/bms/barbs/EG classes going sage/demon)
    -The pet system the veno has can make many things solo-able, especially with the Herc.

If I had the extra coin to do so right now, I'd make my veno into what I've described. But I want to finish my sin first b:pleased

PS I have a feeling there's more to add to my list, but I just can't think of them right now.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Oskat - Raging Tide
    Oskat - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Barbs fall by the wayside again b:cry
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Definitions of versatile from Merriam-Webster
    1 : changing or fluctuating readily : variable <a versatile disposition>
    2 : embracing a variety of subjects, fields, or skills; also : turning with ease from one thing to another
    3a(1) : capable of turning forward or backward : reversible <a versatile toe of a bird>
    (2) : capable of moving laterally and up and down <versatile antennae>
    b of an anther : having the filaments attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely
    4: having many uses or applications <versatile building material>

My vote went to Mystic.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Arcane Barb's FTW b:chuckle
    fixed b:cuteb:shutup

I voted venos, because i think versatility in build, role and usage are most at home with them ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]