Most versatile class

deidara979
deidara979 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
which class you think is the most versatile class?
choose one and put your opinion about the class.
b:victory thanks
Post edited by deidara979 on

Comments

• Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    .......Can you be more specific, please?

BM is the most versatile when it comes to weapon choice.
    Sin is the most versatile when it comes to pve vs pvp
    Mystic is the most versatile when it comes to getting all the roles filled.
    Veno is the most versatile when it comes to the many different kinds of pets you can tame.
    And cleric is the most versatile when it comes to the fact that they're useful no matter what their squad is doing.

So... um.... I guess my answer is 'yes'? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I voted for Blademaster. You just can't go wrong with this one (unless you're a complete idiot). You have Alter Marrow, both physical and magical, anti-stun, tanking abilities, aggro-control, great survivability with a vit+axe build+ lots more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • deidara979
    deidara979 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Veno is the most versatile when it comes to the many different kinds of pets you can tame.
    And cleric is the most versatile when it comes to the fact that they're useful no matter what their squad is doing.

sorry,seems like i need to be more specific.
    what i mean is versatile on both pvp and pve.b:bye
    sorry for bad english
  • Asherkill - Raging Tide
    Asherkill - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    id say mystic you can heal well and dd quite well you can also tank some bosses that are lower lvl than you you can rez also and one of you pets has some really good buffs to help with tanking
    eeew gltich. no its been there for 3 months its one of pwi many features :D
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    id say mystic you can heal well and dd quite well you can also tank some bosses that are lower lvl than you you can rez also and one of you pets has some really good buffs to help with tanking

Yeah, same as this guy. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    voted for Venos

Because:

Venos have the Human-Form (Magic-Damage) and Fox-form (Physical-damage)..
    Venos are Tanks (mostly with their Pets) and DD's
    We can use any kind of Armor, without getting useless.
    We have great Solo Abilities but are also usefull in Squads.
    We have nearly infinite MP.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i'll have to say veno's because they can change in a snap.

though it's hard, once perfected (or close to), a veno can fight ANY class.

as i said, it's extremely hard to keep one statted correctly, as there is no 1 way to do it, but they can go HA and fight vs melees easily while using arcane skills, and switch gear to AA with just simple hotkeys, and be ready to fight casters just like that, with either melee or casting.

not only that, but they have fox form bonuses, which both give great maneuverability. sage can tank phys more effectively, while demon can make a quick escape when needed (also permanent 10 m/s walk speed)

their weapon will remain the same, as fox form requires bare hands or a magic weapon. with high magic and str and decent dex, the veno can utilize both melee and magical offense and defense. they have far-ranged magical dd skills/debuffs, and close/mid-ranged melee skills/debuffs in fox form. and when played right, a HA veno will attract exactly what they want, physical dd's. and don't forget that they can purge anyone of their buffs in a simple cast.

and i haven't even added pet versatility either. the extra bit of physical DD from a pet can be a great bonus for a versatile veno. they can be arcane while dealing both physical and magical damage, as well as become HA and close in on a target that's already being molested by your pet. and with a pet's flesh ream being a massive DD for LA/AA's, all the more power to venos.

that's just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i'll have to say veno's because they can change in a snap.

though it's hard, once perfected (or close to), a veno can fight ANY class.

as i said, it's extremely hard to keep one statted correctly, as there is no 1 way to do it, but they can go HA and fight vs melees easily while using arcane skills, and switch gear to AA with just simple hotkeys, and be ready to fight casters just like that, with either melee or casting.

not only that, but they have fox form bonuses, which both give great maneuverability. sage can tank phys more effectively, while demon can make a quick escape when needed (also permanent 10 m/s walk speed)

their weapon will remain the same, as fox form requires bare hands or a magic weapon. with high magic and str and decent dex, the veno can utilize both melee and magical offense and defense. they have far-ranged magical dd skills/debuffs, and close/mid-ranged melee skills/debuffs in fox form. and when played right, a HA veno will attract exactly what they want, physical dd's. and don't forget that they can purge anyone of their buffs in a simple cast.

and i haven't even added pet versatility either. the extra bit of physical DD from a pet can be a great bonus for a versatile veno. they can be arcane while dealing both physical and magical damage, as well as become HA and close in on a target that's already being molested by your pet. and with a pet's flesh ream being a massive DD for LA/AA's, all the more power to venos.

that's just my opinion.

Nice, I have to give you props for this one. Great showcase. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Barb's FTW b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    you're welcome abstractive ^^

the veno was my first character, and i still consider it my main. i was originally going to focus on restatting it to HA, but i was too new back then to be doing such a thing. so i decided to go 5aps on a sin >.>

i guess you can say a veno changing HA/AA in an instant is the same-ish as a BM changing marrows, but venos don't have a cooldown or any mp cost. and veno's have both ranged magical dd's, and close up melee ones. not to mention two reflects to fight vs physical dd's.
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2011

should agree here XD. I was tempted to vote for archer but that would depend on how you build and play it. As for mystics, they will be, unless you ruin the char utterly -_-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I gotta give it to the venos. With their ability to effectively use any type of armor, their highly adaptable pets, their two very different fighting styles, and regenerative HP/MP skills, they're most definately powerful in that respect.
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Elesir - Heavens Tear
    Elesir - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I agree. Good point!
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was torn between Sin, Veno and Mystic, but chose veno.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    A (good) Sin will be tanking most any instance they're in, dealing the most damage, and they are also the best PKers in everything but mass PK (a la TW). A veno is none of those things. A BM might be all of those things, unless there's an equally geared/skilled Sin around, and then they are none of those things. These days, a Veno is more useful for their Amp Damage and Purge than their "versatility".

Even still, I'd call it a draw between BM and Sin, due primarily to their TW roles. In TW, a BM's job is to run in, stun, HF, and possibly survive long enough to kill one or two people. In TW, a Sin's job is to stealth in, Mire > Subsea > Rift with CotD on, and hopefully kill a handful of people, and/or stealth along the back lines and take out the squishies one at a time, until the Cata Barb is unprotected. In the latter case, both classes may triple spark and faceroll the Cata Barb to an early grave.

I'm also surprised no one has brought up Psychic. They're useful in many instances (well, FC and Delta, which are two of the only three instances that really matter), they're natural PKers, and possibly Sin's only "natural enemy", and they're a helluva lot more useful in TWs than all aforementioned classes, assuming their gear doesn't suck. Theoretically, they're also one of the few classes that can solo Harpy Wraith...
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i feel like im being disloyal to my own race, but i guess its time to admit we're close to extintion. the mystic has pets that, though fugly/indecent looking, dont have to be fed, leveled, they have other little critters that do damage, which gives the mystic a three pronged attack system. plus she can heal, and set res buffs. venos have far more pets, but really cant do more than one mob at a time, unless you are very high, and with sage/demon Aoes.

i started a mystic, and have the first pet. while i think the skills are pretty, the demon is creepy and depressing to have to use. it was always a lift to my spirits to pull out a beautiful pet of my veno...but the mystic only has so few, and none of them as beautiful as my kowlin....b:sad so i've kind of shelved both, and am working with an archer alt. at least no demon following me with her

deidara979 wrote: »
    which class you think is the most versatile class?
    choose one and put your opinion about the class.
    b:victory thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I voted Mystic, though I might have got it wrong what you meant by most versatile. Mystic seems to be able to fill all the roles (albeit some better than others) you need in a party.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    barb of course.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I went with BM. It's quite fun to adjust your own defenses between physical and magical, as well as having skills branching into different weapons. I've easily put down several billion coins across several weapons and different gear sets (Full HA mass pvp and interval set for PvE and 1v1).

They can play a strong supportive role in PvP, as well as be good DD in terms of 5.0 dps and DPH AoE with axes. Can also be a good solo class with bloodpaint, good crowd controlling AoEs.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    venos are the lame-est class in my eyes

so boring, wow

BMs win for me

they are fun to play, have a wide variety of skills to use

aoe DD, single target dd, super damage amp
    taking the beating and stunning in tw :3

in any endgame activity you would want BMs on your side

~DRAGON FUSION~ in tw :D

mystic next:

heal squad, control pet,
    body tank~ with pet buff
    set plants
    let pet tank and heal everyone
    DD while healing at the same time
    i like potato
  • kelo121
    kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    wizards sucks
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    mystic pride ftw ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    venos are the lame-est class in my eyes

so boring, wow

your doing it wrong then.

venos and bms have the most versatility, imo. sins are the best single target DD's but they're boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lol? more votes for veno than sins?

the ONLY thing veno is good for is purging and bramble now days and maybe the occasional nova. That means only useful in group pvps. That being said, purge is still extremely op, but how often are group pvps now? maybe 2-3 hours total per week.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    im gunna go with veno and mystic as a close second

As others said venos can be any build u see fit and can do almost any job beyond healing. many people have turned their old aa venos in to ha fisting venos. in pk they rock and are normaly the biggest target because of how deadly they are. their debuffing skills make them a perfect addition to ANY squad, and those who say otherwise just dont understand how to dd properly

mystics being able to heal dd and just super multitask have a huge potiontal if used correctly, but they come in second, because in the long term they are support only, their debuffs are just repeats of what many other classes have. and they dont bring really anything new to the table other than a great secondary healer. (lets put these guys in catta squads PLZ)
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    A correctly stat archer will be able to do almost everything in the game except maybe wear AA and use a magic sword.

but since i am a wizard..

I think wizard rocks too..
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    @Ezehc I think the main reason is because the OP asked for your vote on the -most- versatile.

A veno can change from HA defenses to AA defenses in a snap without any cooldown or MP cost. They're both ranged arcane DD and close melee DD when used correctly. They also have self support skills such as bramble/bramble hood, along with a HP/MP heal. Then there's the pet support one can have. Purge and amp are nice add-ons too.

That's versatility there. Sure sins are OP and can solo a majority of things being 5APS and stealth (experience here b:pleased ), but that's not explaining anything about versatility.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Archer all the way.

-Ranged physical and "magic" attacks.
    -OP temporary evasion/invulnerability buff
    -Ability to use claws, be 5.0 aps
    -Can tank fairly well at 5.0 if enough money invested into gear/weapon(s)

Archers have it great in both PvP and PvE aspects of this game. Unlike BM's who get facerolled by magic DD's, an archer can feasibly kill any magic DD from a distance.

In PvE, archers can easily have 5.0 aps with the least coin investment in comparison to assassins, barbs, and blades. Since archers can be high aps, they are able to get into the "Ned hi aps 4 vana pm plz" squads.

Think your full r9, +10 fully JoSD'd geared is awesome? Yeh, wait for an r9 +10 archer to start wailing on you to see how awesome your defense levels really are.

Could write more on the OP'd-ness of archers, but it feels so self-explanatory.

I started playing an archer in TW which I've invested far less money on in comparison to my BM. I've noticed that in TW's I kill about 4x as many people as I do on my bm in any given tw, as well as living twice as long as I could on my BM. Think I've seen just about every "top" BM in TW on my server, most of them are cut down as soon as their invulnerability skills/pots wear off.

Other classes may seem OP in one aspect or another, but it seems that archers have it really good in both PvP and PvE.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If it is about the fun factor, BM. That is unless you do high level instances. . .

If about PvE, what Strife said, Archer wins.

Sin might as well be mentioned for PvP.

@Strife according to your signature. . .you have seen the original movie. . .?
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    @Ezehc I think the main reason is because the OP asked for your vote on the -most- versatile.

A veno can change from HA defenses to AA defenses in a snap without any cooldown or MP cost. They're both ranged arcane DD and close melee DD when used correctly. They also have self support skills such as bramble/bramble hood, along with a HP/MP heal. Then there's the pet support one can have. Purge and amp are nice add-ons too.

That's versatility there. Sure sins are OP and can solo a majority of things being 5APS and stealth (experience here b:pleased ), but that's not explaining anything about versatility.

^ This.
    Versatility doesn't mean "that can solo anything and faceroll anyone".

Well, to keep a long story short, imo, it seems obvious that I always have 3 classes in mind when talking about versatility, and each of them in different aspects.

BM: basically for weapons (can use anything but magic ones ofc).
    And they actually have masteries for all these weps. Same goes for skills, they have a wide repertoire of skills due to the different weapon paths. In a nutshell they can be DD, aoe'rs, tanks as well as a support class with the aoe stun and HF's debuff.

Veno: for the playstyle options in general.
    The only magic class that actually have a melee skill tree and thus be successful at melee. Also, a class that can shine with any of the three types of armors. Can be a caster of a melee tank in fox form. Wide repertoire of debuffs. Also many choices for pets, can have tank ones and pure DD ones, as well as some that have debuffs and such.

Mystic: when it comes to filling all the roles in a squad.
    Can DD very well (and actually have 3 aoes that don't suffer the [?] damage reduction), debuff single or multiple targets with plants, heal single target or with a squad aoe, can also get a constant aoe heal similar to BB (w/o damage reduc tho) with the plants, can prevent squad wipes with the rez buff, tank either with a summon but also with themselves thanks to our shields /self buff/ constant heals and can also pull like venos with the summons.

What I've just said represents my vision of "versatility".