Commonly used abbreviations

Comments

• sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    What does sin mean? I see it quite a lot.
    "Sin" is an abbreviation for "assassin". You can find that and other terms in the Abbreviations and Terms wiki entry.

Make sure you check the wiki article first before adding another post to this thread, please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • therealtomwa
    therealtomwa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What does TT3-1 ect mean?

I see it in WC a lot.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    TT (Twilight Temple, or HH/Holy Hall as it's know in other versions) is a serious of dungeons fun for materials to make really good gear. There are 3 "Acts" and 3 difficulties. TT3-1 is act 3, difficulty 1. That particular one is for 9x gear.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • therealtomwa
    therealtomwa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Fantastic thank you :D
  • Raven_RUE - Heavens Tear
    Raven_RUE - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    riann wrote: »
    What about HH? I have no idea what the abbreviation's for.

what about FF........whats is that!!??
  • ClamBurger - Heavens Tear
    ClamBurger - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    SMD means suck my ****

**** means shut the **** up

GTFO means get the **** out

only 3 you need to know.
  • LongWushi - Heavens Tear
    LongWushi - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    SS - Screenshot or Venomancer skill Summer Sprint

I noticed that one wasn't there.
  • Elysetta - Dreamweaver
    Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:embarrass
    Hawk wrote: »
    Please post as many commonly used abbreviations you can think of that are used in this game, so that new players aren't completely lost :)

LOL-don't laugh. PM me? is that email me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elysetta - Dreamweaver
    Elysetta - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:embarrass

LOL-don't laugh. PM me? is that email me?

Got it. PM s private message. Had to find myself....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dianatomas
    dianatomas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What an inspiration your post was!

best pet food
  • caz91
    caz91 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Could also include Beastie.. pretty clear realy i gues, just any animal creature you may be killing.

and "Tear" or "The Tear" for Heaven's Tear... ive not come across anyone yet who said HT lol

Kitty = VM

Big Kitty = Barb

Thats all i can think on lol.
  • ljeti007
    ljeti007 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    what is dragon coins?? what i can do with them??????????
  • brandonnguyen20
    brandonnguyen20 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    anyone know what l/o and wined mean?
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wined means you give the drunkard at the beginning of an instance a certain type of wine (each instance requires a diff wine) The drunkard then clears most of the mobs, this reduces the time it takes to run an instance a lot :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • brandonnguyen20
    brandonnguyen20 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Wined means you give the drunkard at the beginning of an instance a certain type of wine (each instance requires a diff wine) The drunkard then clears most of the mobs, this reduces the time it takes to run an instance a lot :)

• Foxieee_trek - Harshlands
    Foxieee_trek - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    what does TT stand for???
    twilight temple its a instanceb:pleased
    venomacer lvl 80b:pleased
    assasin lvl62b:victory
    Ah, crazy rich bored people, I will never be able to understand them. b:surrender
  • Dark_Nyx - Harshlands
    Dark_Nyx - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hey im glad you did this hah i didn't even know half these terms existed hah thanks
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011

i can't say i've ever seen that abbreviation. in what sort of contexts have you encountered it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Srynti - Heavens Tear
    Srynti - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I was paying attention to the world chat today, which for me is rare, and I came upon these. Im posting mostly because I was wondering what FF and FB where. I found FB but didn't see FF.

Some you could add.

simply LF: looking for
    WTS: want to sell
    WTB: want to buy
    FF (i'm not actually sure what this one is... Curious to know.)
  • fearful1
    fearful1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Most people post abbreviations that they made up (over 50%). THEY ARENT USED AT ALL GUYS!!! STOP SPAMMING WITH FAKE ABBREVIATIONS!!! I AM THE ABB MASTER!!!!!

b:laugh NOOBS if u make stuff up
  • MECHserac - Lost City
    MECHserac - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    jar wrote: »
    uh WB - werebeast, WR- warrior, WF- werefox, EP-elf priest, EA-elf archer, ADC- ancient dragon city (haha lmao dont even know if its gonna be named that) uh and TW - territory war, think those are the most ive used lol

90% of this shortcuts are never used in game.
  • sangodoc
    edited August 2011
    90% of this shortcuts are never used in game.
    You're responding to someone who wrote that in 2008, when PWI was still new.

If you need help figuring out what something means, the Terms and Abbreviations entry in the PWI wiki has most of them, including some that aren't in this thread, along with links to further details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • _Hardin_ - Heavens Tear
    _Hardin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I was paying attention to the world chat today, which for me is rare, and I came upon these. Im posting mostly because I was wondering what FF and FB where. I found FB but didn't see FF.

Some you could add.

simply LF: looking for
    WTS: want to sell
    WTB: want to buy
    FF (i'm not actually sure what this one is... Curious to know.)

FF= Forgotten Frostland or FCC, FC which are used in many servers, but in HT its FF :3
  • MsSeraphine - Archosaur
    MsSeraphine - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I just wanted to know the meaning of some phrases...
    I mean, what do they mean:

'Jail'
    'Warsong'
    'WTB Heads'
    'DoT'
    'Delta'
    'TT 1-1, 1-2 or 1-x'

I always see these on the world chat but dunno what they mean. Can someone explain?
  • sangodoc
    edited September 2011
    I just wanted to know the meaning of some phrases...
    I mean, what do they mean:

'Jail'
    'Warsong'
    'WTB Heads'
    'DoT'
    'Delta'
    'TT 1-1, 1-2 or 1-x'

I always see these on the world chat but dunno what they mean. Can someone explain?
    "Jail" probably refers to the "Bored" rooms in the Cube of Fate (Room 11 & 32) where you have to sit around and wait for a few minutes before you can advance further in the cube. Some people chat while they're waiting there.

"Warsong" usually refers to the level 80+ Warsong City instance. It may also refer to some of the Warsong items, such as the Warsong Emblem, which are obtained there.

"WTB Heads" means "I want to buy a slot in a Frostcovered City (FC or FCC) run where you kill the heads at the end for a lot of EXP." In other words, they want to pay for quick character leveling, where higher level players do most of the work.

The rest are already explained in the Abbreviations and Terms section of the wiki.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    a few other random ones off the top of my head, in no particular order. i posted any that i couldnt find on the first page (lets be honest, im not gona read the whole thread)

ijs- im just saying
    boa- barrage of arrows
    bb- blue bubble (in dreamweaver also means baldwinboy) or byebye
    ffs- for ****s sake
    lmao- laughing my *** off
    TT/HH- twilight temple
    LG- lunar glade
    nub/nab- newbie (usually used as a joke)
    DB- dragon breath/dragon's bane
    HF- heaven flame
    RB- rebirth or red bubble
    OP- overpowered (in this state of the game, usually refers to a sin) (also means original poster in the forums)
    rez- ressurect
    SP- secret passage
    LFS- looking for squad
    G##- (g13,g15) grade/level of an item wep or ornament
    US/sub- ultimate substance
    hun- someone wants to get busy tonight
    emb- warsong emblem
    inv- inventory/invite
    DQ- dragon quest
    orb- dragon orbs for refining
    can- uncanny crystal
    rap- musical lyrics without pitch (also rature crystals)
    tele- teleport/teleacoustic
    WC- world chat/wrong chat
    pm- private message
    TW- territory wars
    apo- medicine made from an apothecary
    CS- cashshop, catshop, or crazy stone
    WQ- world quest
    FQ- friendship quest (the extinct quest no one does anymore QQ)
    QQ- sadface
    exp- experience
    sp- spirit points
    chi- in addition to the yellow bar, if you see it on a catshop, usually refers to perfect stones
    mat- materials for manufacturing
    shard- imbue-able soulgems

sorry its not in any order, but if you ctrl+F you can find anything really quickly.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    cant the mods update this thread (first post)? half the **** in there i never seen used in this game ever. (cheese creep pat RM lolwut??) that or make a new thread cause its confusing for newer pple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Elesarn - Momaganon
    Elesarn - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    What's an APS character? Is it a character or class that centers on APS (attack per second) or is it something else?
  • sangodoc
    edited March 2012
    What's an APS character? Is it a character or class that centers on APS (attack per second) or is it something else?
    Yes, that's correct. The game has a cap of 5 APS, and assassins and blademasters can are the classes that can achieve that most easily/cheaply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Yes, that's correct. The game has a cap of 5 APS, and assassins and blademasters can are the classes that can achieve that most easily/cheaply.
    No, that's assassins and archers. APS BMs have more DPH than archers due to weapon mastery, but BM's don't have the -int rank top.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~