Sanctuary server: Inappropriate names

Options
kalexia
kalexia Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
b:chuckleI find it humourous to see the GM's doing the bidding of factions trying to remove the competition in pk/tw...and yes you all know who I am talking about...the legendary whiner's of our server...reporting characters for an inappropriate name as a strategy for defense in pk and tw LOLZ the ultimate turtle tactic...which of course the faction in question is famous for!
I think it's outrageous that a name is fine up until lvl103 and then when this faction has their outrageously HUGE ego's handed to them in an Easter basket all of a sudden the name PhyuckMei becomes offensive...

well how about the herc named ****er? hmmm? I have screen shots of this! How about the characters named ScrewMeHard? or Uber_***? what about fuzzycondom? or better yet the faction named hardinove? LMAO you GM's sit there in your seats of power and DO what? they are using you as pawns in a chess game because they DON"T have what it takes to remove us any other way!

LOLZ GM's get off your butts and actually make a program to 'check' the names? IF you can have one developed to assure the name is available how about a program that assures 'so called decency' BEFORE the character is lvl103? It's funny how all the complaints against this one character come from affiliation to the faction who is rapidly losing ground in tw? Sore loser's? possibly...whiny babies...most definitely!

I am proud to be in Vindicate...they treat people with respect and fairness...and NOT just their own members (or the wealthiest amongst us)...and if you pay attention to the political dynamics on the Sanctuary server GM's you would see what is going on...before you do anymore banning between Vindicate and Legendary I suggest strongly that you do some research and not blindly slam the ban hammer!
Post edited by kalexia on

Comments

• The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Do the people who are getting banned get a chance to rename themselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    theyve become alts now in Jolli but didnt at one point in time u guys have 1 or 2 of these members:

Phyuckyiu
    PhyuckMei
    PhyuckHer
    Phyuckdat

it DOES become quite noticable >_>;;
    i do agree with the name reporting tho, pple make too much of a deal about it.

p.s. please dont steal our WBs midway into killing them =( that was far from respect and fairness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • kalexia
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:angrysee IF it blocks the typing in chat should it NOT ALSO ban the use of offensive words in names? HMMM wth is wrong with the thinking behind this ? Hilarious...oh and yes how about the faction named PNAS? or the one named ****? and the character named coolie_skunt?GM's tell me you seriously are not that naive to NOT see the references behind these names?
  • billybobblue
    billybobblue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LOL umad? yea u mad! b:laugh
  • Sakura_rose - Sanctuary
    Sakura_rose - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't see how we were responsible for this. Lol..Ijs. o.o Might have been another person, but can say it wasn't most of us.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    b:question
    Legendary has something to do with your banning? News to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalexia
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First off I wasn't aware that that ever happened...and I am sure if you reported it to a Vindicate officer you would find that you would be recompensated IF our faction actually did steal your WB...I have great faith in our leadership and officers to resolve the issues/conflicts that come up...so if it happens in the future pls screen shot it and report it to an officer in Vindicate...if you don't know any names of officers...try world chatting usually one of them will respond. b:thanks
    edited May 2011
    Options
    kalexia wrote: »
    b:angrysee IF it blocks the typing in chat should it NOT ALSO ban the use of offensive words in names? HMMM wth is wrong with the thinking behind this ? Hilarious...oh and yes how about the faction named PNAS? or the one named ****? and the character named coolie_skunt?GM's tell me you seriously are not that naive to NOT see the references behind these names?
    PNAS was related to some abbreviation sort of some country or something i forget... faster just ask the officers there
    i dont think its what some of use pervs think it is =o
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Attama - Sanctuary
    Attama - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yes b/c pking a player who leaves your faction and giving her s*** shows so much respect and fairness
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If people have had these or other names for WELL OVER 6months (often over a year), shame on the GM's for not catching them and shame on anyone who gets pissed and decides to report people.

It is ridiculous to think that maybe ppl might get banned because someone is butt hurt about something and decides to log a ticket(s).

Get over it, I have seen INSANELY inappropiate names for 2+ years across ALL server's and GM's ONLY do something about it/them IF someone is bored enough and re.tarded enough to spend the time and report.

Get over it people, it is the GM's fault in the first place for allowing them to make the names. Why should anyone be potentially punished after months/years because of a QQ player?

Besides, define "offensive"? What is to one may not be to another and MANY things are open to interpretation. I thought I would throw that out there...b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
    edited May 2011
    Options
    First off I wasn't aware that that ever happened...and I am sure if you reported it to a Vindicate officer you would find that you would be recompensated IF our faction actually did steal your WB...I have great faith in our leadership and officers to resolve the issues/conflicts that come up...so if it happens in the future pls screen shot it and report it to an officer in Vindicate...if you don't know any names of officers...try world chatting usually one of them will respond. b:thanks
    it was the leader and marshal of jollibee =o vindi member alt
  • Sifu_MohTofu - Sanctuary
    Sifu_MohTofu - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    what about FkingMaltaMan or whatever his name is. or that Kockandballs or however you spell it. both of which are in the leg&ary faction. and several others like Mike_Hunt or Mike_Hawk. u gonna pick on mei mei and P-yiu just because they are strong and stand in your way?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    it was the leader and marshal of jollibee =o vindi member alt

Sorry but you are still going on about this?

Leg has stole from Regi and their own members. Regi has stolen from Amp. Vindi has stolen from Leg. Vindi has stolen from Regi. Etc etc etc....Sorry but this to me is just a moot point.

If you can get the World boss, get it. And you are stuck on 2 member's of a 6 person squad of which the other's were from a different guild but you only call out one in which you are a member o.o ....b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sounds stupid, who cares if someone has a a lousy pun pretending to be an offensive word. If he isn't hacking or cheating, gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sorry but you are still going on about this?

Leg has stole from Regi and their own members. Regi has stolen from Amp. Vindi has stolen from Leg. Vindi has stolen from Regi. Etc etc etc....Sorry but this to me is just a moot point.

If you can get the World boss, get it. And you are stuck on 2 member's of a 6 person squad of which the other's were from a different guild but you only call out one in which you are a member o.o ....b:sweat
    im just tryin to prove a point. thats all. If im a member of one of them, whats wrong with trying to tell the leader and the marshal not to steal a boss? thats bad.
    I am proud to be in Vindicate...they treat people with respect and fairness...and NOT just their own members (or the wealthiest amongst us)..
    You of all pple should know rose, that just cause one group of pple do something thats frowned upon in general, that its not justified. It doesnt mean that the others should be ignored. But it also doesnt mean that nothing should be done with the members involved in your own fac..
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The person who reported is probably doing this face now..
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljfvhatQWY1qc9mx6.jpg

Suck it kirby! muahahahahahaha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Personally I think some of the "offensive" names people pick are hilarious, and show that people have a sense of humor....I mean this is after a game. Although I assume all the reports on these peoples names are out of anger rather then actually "offending" the reporter. Cause if it seriously offends you I don't think you should be playing games with other people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol while your conspiracy theories are appreciated, it wasn't LG.
    Possibly someone who saw you win Tiger Event and wanted to QQ?

In any case, I agree that the banning after 101 levels was in poor taste by the GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Idc either. I really don't. Just because you're powerful and what not doesn't mean that you should've gotten banned. I really don't care about your name. Lol. Its stupid that you just now got banned for it though.
  • billybobblue
    billybobblue Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    LMFAO OP pissed cuz he dumped all that cash in this game. some1 get banned from vindi it gotta be legendary that reported them? LOL u mad? yea u mad b:cute
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sucks that you got banned after so much time, but...one has to wonder why you made and played that character for so long when you knew it was an inappropriate name and could be banned if someone decided to take offense to your name and report you?

I don't believe that GMs can really keep track of ALL the names made every day at this point in time. As someone else said, they really should make some sort of program or something, but even then, as Rose said, so much can be taken or read in different ways, so even then we'd still have some names that were offensive to some...
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Options
    BTW...the original poster is not the one that got banned...ijs :)

Also, I have had wb's stolen from my own guild mates... =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited May 2011
    Options
    Sucks that you got banned after so much time, but...one has to wonder why you made and played that character for so long when you knew it was an inappropriate name and could be banned if someone decided to take offense to your name and report you?

I don't believe that GMs can really keep track of ALL the names made every day at this point in time. As someone else said, they really should make some sort of program or something, but even then, as Rose said, so much can be taken or read in different ways, so even then we'd still have some names that were offensive to some...
    the OP wasnt actually clear on a ban. they did state that it got reported tho... could be temp? Did they get banned? at this point im just gonna assume.

edit: ok i guess rose confirmed that
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm assuming ban, since they're making a deal over the char being 103. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't complain too terribly if I just got a little slap on the wrist (aka, warning or temp ban) for something like this. But, you're right, nothing was really specified, so my assumption could make an *** of me O_O

Either way. My question still stands. Why make said character name if you know you might get in trouble for it?
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol... cute.

GM's b:victory
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol..You can keep accusing but if you you got no proof then I'd say other wise.
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Interesting read =o but it does seem unfair about being banned so late into the levels. However, the attack without proven facts (to my knowledge) is rather low, but I'm past that. There's dozens of other potential people that could have reported the name. This server do have a lot of conservative players, so please don't be so ignorant as to point blame. This is just how I see it through my eyes. Maybe I'm wrong.

Regards
    ~Lusty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Suiryujin - Sanctuary
    Suiryujin - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    if lg wanted u banned, we would have reported u llooonnngg time ago. i mean, everyone knows the name whos been in lg for a while probably theres no special reason we would wait til now to do it really. personally i think they should have just changed ur name but thats me. anyways, i hope u get urself unbanned, gl.
    My body is made of swords.
    Iron is my blood, and glass is my heart.
    I have overcome countless battlefields undefeated,
    Without once retreating,
    Nor once being understood.
    Always alone, intoxicated with victory on the hill of swords.
    Therefore, there is no meaning to that life.
    Perhaps this body is nothing but a sword itself.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Lol while your conspiracy theories are appreciated, it wasn't LG.
    Possibly someone who saw you win Tiger Event and wanted to QQ?

In any case, I agree that the banning after 101 levels was in poor taste by the GMs.
    the OP wasnt actually clear on a ban. they did state that it got reported tho... could be temp? Did they get banned? at this point im just gonna assume.

edit: ok i guess rose confirmed that

Lol ↑ he has a point.
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'm assuming ban, since they're making a deal over the char being 103. Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't complain too terribly if I just got a little slap on the wrist (aka, warning or temp ban) for something like this. But, you're right, nothing was really specified, so my assumption could make an *** of me O_O

Either way. My question still stands. Why make said character name if you know you might get in trouble for it?
    answer is probably cause such things rarely happened over a name (ban)
This discussion has been closed.