Sakura_rose - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ↑ He has a point.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    if lg wanted u banned, we would have reported u llooonnngg time ago. i mean, everyone knows the name whos been in lg for a while probably theres no special reason we would wait til now to do it really. personally i think they should have just changed ur name but thats me. anyways, i hope u get urself unbanned, gl.

lmao Being renamed is worse than a permaban. Then you gotta live with two names, and having a second name pop up all the time in faction chat, and the wtf's and 'o.O's and 'I can't invite you to squad, you're offline' ****.

I used to report people for inappropriate names all the time in 2008. Not anymore though.

You have a problem with getting banned for something YOU did (chose an offensive name), then good god, SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT. Why the hell is it so bewildering to people that there are people who can enforce the rules here? Then again, these are probably the same people who **** a brick when they get pulled over for going 85 in a school zone and can't figure out what they did wrong... Come on, have some common sense.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    TBH logic escapes PWI altogether I think b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Eyrnn - Sanctuary
    Eyrnn - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I can't seem to find PWE's naming policy atm (so perhaps they are partly to blame for making it so inaccessible b:sweat), but most online games have strict rules as to vulgarity and of deliberately trying to bypass the in-game filters, so I figure that the ban probably had something to do with that. Perhaps it is unfair for GMs to suddenly spring a ban after so many months, and I agree that more could be done wrt the filter, but it was a risk that was ran at character creation and you wouldn't be the first or last to be caught for it. I couldn't really care less though, since most of the names that would be deemed 'inappropriate' do make me laugh (and it was sad when a friend's fac of P0rnStars had to be shut down v.v).

That said, it's kinda sad that the OP lashed out at a rival faction to vent his anger, since it really could have been anyone who reported the character in question. If you think about it, it isn't really in LG's interests to report the char, since it would in turn cause our own members with questionable names to come under scrutiny as well - it just isn't worth the time, especially when none of us can really be bothered about it. It just reflects the sad mistrust and antagonistic feelings that exist between the factions that threads like these don't really serve to help.

Tough luck on the ban, and for your sake hopefully you'll be able to sort it out with the GMs. Otherwise, please don't go pointing fingers at others.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Sorry, bans of any nature are not to be discussed on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.