Countdown on pwi page o.O

Comments

• karach
    karach Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wonder what can be such a tremendous update that they need to make a timer for it? I opt for three things:
    1. Something like the token shop or dragon points - which is something they can actually do, contrary to changing the code of the game itself.
    2. Some massive update they already got from China and are waiting to put it in. Maybe personal housing system? Guilds already have guild bases or whatever they are called. And from what I've seen over the net people behing the Great Firewall already have housing (though I may be wrong on this one).
    3. Something stupid like more useless things to buy in the boutique. But would it be enough of a reason to put a timer on the front page for it? I doubt they are so overconfident...

And now a word from the wise to crush all of your hopes. b:chuckle
    PWI will never and I mean NEVER make ingame changes that aren't already implemented in China. They just can't (both legally and I suspect it has something to do with coding skills as well b:victory). So if in China there are still Assassins, they are going to remain here. If there is no R10 gear in China, there sure as heck won't be any in PWI.

So please, everyone... Just not be too dissapointed when the time comes. b:laugh
  • Hhlolz - Harshlands
    Hhlolz - Harshlands Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Reliable source tells me that May 4th will be the end of PWI.
    *Faildom*
    I don't need a Squad
    Level a Venomancer to 90.
    Aug 12, 2009
  • DudeLupus - Raging Tide
    DudeLupus - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Don't believe for a second that this countdown is to signal the end of PWI. If they were gonna shut down the game they would tell us in advance....so we could all RAGE QUIT!!

I think it's funny that every time they try to get people excited about something, the community gets flooded with paranoia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm as giddy as a chipmunk on crack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm as giddy as a chipmunk on crack.

But wouldn't that make you a dead chipmunk, unless said chipmunk has the reasoning capacity to understand what quantity of crack is safe for consumption?

So you're either as giddy as a corpse, or as giddy as a super-intelligent, freakish mutation of a chipmunk, who--because of said intellect--would actually be in the darkest depths of existential angst over it's ultimately pointless, meager existence, thus causing it to turn to drugs in the first place in order to fill the psychologically ruinous void in the core of its soul.

(I play Perfect World and post on the forums; I can make even the most innocuous things out to be utterly catastrophic and worth the disdain of everyone else who still plays Perfect World and still posts on the forums in spite of said complaints. But I also use correct punctuation, so **** those other b*stards.)
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    But wouldn't that make you a dead chipmunk, unless said chipmunk has the reasoning capacity to understand what quantity of crack is safe for consumption?

So you're either as giddy as a corpse, or as giddy as a super-intelligent, freakish mutation of a chipmunk, who--because of said intellect--would actually be in the darkest depths of existential angst over it's ultimately pointless, meager existence, thus causing it to turn to drugs in the first place in order to fill the psychologically ruinous void in the core of its soul.

(I play Perfect World and post on the forums; I can make even the most innocuous things out to be utterly catastrophic and worth the disdain of everyone else who still plays Perfect World and still posts on the forums in spite of said complaints. But I also use correct punctuation, so **** those other b*stards.)

The chipmunk was served with proper dosage of said crack, thus enabling it to be extra-giddy for the countdown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The Mystery has been revealed. The countdown is to the day they change room 7 of the cube of fate and kill us all! BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!b:shocked
  • Minimus - Sanctuary
    Minimus - Sanctuary Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I bet GMs enjoy reading our guessing b:chuckle - I hope for g16 Nirvana
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I bet GMs enjoy reading our guessing

I know I am ^^.
  • awesoem
    awesoem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My guess is that it will be the patch that was said to be released soon.

I remember the admin had said the patch notes were short that week and another epic patch was coming out soon. Well I think this is it.

Also I'm guessing the 2x exp / drops will also end.

Possibly a wrong guess but perhaps Medals of Glory will come out in packs.

But I'm 83.69% sure that patch notes that was said to be released a couple weeks ago is going to be released now. What it contains? Your guess is as good as mine.

Perhaps fixes some bugs? (LOL I make myself laugh typing that)
    Perhaps make some classes more balanced? (My sides are aching from laughing)
    Perhaps new items in the Dragons Points page? (Oh **** , I just crapped my pants from laughing too hard)
    Possibly another cashshop item that will make the game more unbalanced and impossible for non-cashshoppers to achieve. (Hahahh... oh wait.. this will probably be it)
  • LeFEMME - Lost City
    LeFEMME - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    awesoem wrote: »
    Possibly another cashshop item that will make the game more unbalanced and impossible for non-cashshoppers to achieve. (Hahahh... oh wait.. this will probably be it)

This b:angry
  • fdgdfgggg
    fdgdfgggg Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    karach wrote: »
    1. Something like the token shop or dragon points - which is something they can actually do, contrary to changing the code of the game itself.

dragon points perhaps but there'd be some sort of announcement in other PWE games for the token-shop since core connect is for all PWE titles
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My GM friend told me what it is

New fashion called "Kitten sweaters" that barbs can wear in True Form.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zuqria - Dreamweaver
    Zuqria - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:quiet

There's a new tab under Community
    |> TOKENSHOP

b:scorn
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I know I am ^^.

D= You already know what it is, so its not fair!

b:infuriated
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • PhantomThief - Archosaur
    PhantomThief - Archosaur Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    fdgdfgggg wrote: »
    dragon points perhaps but there'd be some sort of announcement in other PWE games for the token-shop since core connect is for all PWE titles

Token Shop is already available in one of PW's games, so it is still possible from them to release to us and not one of the others.
    A sword can cut a man in twain, but words can shake a fortress to the ground.
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It is the countdown til one of the GMs move out of their parents' basement and lose their virginity to something other than an inflatable vinyl object. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's gonna be token shop. It's on all the core connect pages as a new announcement.

You can now buy stuff with achievement "tokens" and guess what? It's all gonna have duration.

Like my new mount? One day left.
    Like my cool fash? 2 hrs left.

Hopefully medals come back in with achievements or GTFO.
    b:bye
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The chipmunk was served with proper dosage of said crack, thus enabling it to be extra-giddy for the countdown.

What sort of sick, twisted **** kidnaps chipmunks and injects them with illicit drugs?

You may be giddy for this update, but SATAN is giddy for your soul, you sadistic, disgusting example of a human being.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It's gonna be token shop. It's on all the core connect pages as a new announcement.

You can now buy stuff with achievement "tokens" and guess what? It's all gonna have duration.

Like my new mount? One day left.
    Like my cool fash? 2 hrs left.

Hopefully medals come back in with achievements or GTFO.
    b:bye

The durations will encourage people to buy more tokens to keep said item. =/
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It is the countdown til one of the GMs move out of their parents' basement and lose their virginity to something other than an inflatable vinyl object. b:chuckle

almost fell off my chair laughing.
    PPL in the office must think I'm crazy.
    But damn, I just could not help it...
    b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What sort of sick, twisted **** kidnaps chipmunks and injects them with illicit drugs?

You may be giddy for this update, but SATAN is giddy for your soul, you sadistic, disgusting example of a human being.

But what if the chipmunk had a drug problem to begin with and was getting a proper paycheck for the job?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    They gonna turn Tideborns into Fish Sticks, then the game will be fixed...
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It might have been said already, but I'm not going to bother to read every post just to check that it has not...

So...

1 Day, 13 Hours, 15 Minutes and 52 Seconds for...

Minor localization changes.
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    D= You already know what it is, so its not fair!

b:infuriated
    Hey that's not true, we know as much as you all do ^^.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    We will get a, non announced, new race called Dark Elves. Female only with whips.

Yes PWE, give it to us, hot and sweaty b:dirtyb:cute!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Durable - Raging Tide
    Durable - Raging Tide Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its the new Osama Bin Laden class duh!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Hey that's not true, we know as much as you all do ^^.
    lies! you can read admin stuffs, so you know more than we does :P (just maybe not on this particular thing lol)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It might be

Minor localization changes.

And if it is................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    new pwi game mob eat you and slam you on the ground looks cool.http://raiderz.perfectworld.com/ may be asking for beta testers . b:shutup
This discussion has been closed.