Management Poll!

_Petal_ - Harshlands
_Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
So last week, I asked you all to rate this game from A-F! A lot of the responses were fantastic, but in the overall, the players chose a mostly C answer. The average vote was a C- (if you are like me, and have that kind of time to average it.)

This week, the poll here is very simple; a yes or no question. I noticed last week a lot of people had things to say about the management of this game, and so this week's poll question is:

Do you like this game's management?
This isn't just as a manager, I am talking about as a person too. Do you like the Moderators? The Game Masters? The Developers?

Tell me what you think. This time, I won't tell you how I feel about things. I want to wait and see what unfolds before I open my mouth. I'm interested in hearing all of your responses!

This poll will be open all week.
They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
Q_Q
Post edited by _Petal_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Honestly, yes, and no, but I will say no since there is more no than yes.

I like most of the gms as people. Ive met a few in game and they were awesome. Even on the forums, they try hard to deal with the backlash of different things as best as someone should expect. I feel bad for them alot of times because they get almost no say in what happens to our game, but they still have to deal with hundreds of posts bashing them, yelling at them, calling them out as failures, etc. I would not in a million years want their job for the simple fact that there has to be zero to no satisfaction in it. So I give them respect for that too. The only thing I really have against them is how they try to bribe us with Facebook likes on so many things, but at the same time, I can see how they might HAVE to do that to show numbers to their bosses.

The mods... now thats a hit and miss. There are some I like, some I dont. tbh, I miss Ary, Hawk, Konari, Andracil, etc. I admit, I really like Grim and Kritty. However, I just DONT like Shelly. Power trips FTL. The rest of them I have no opinions one way or another really, though Fuzzy makes me miss Hamsta from the way he talks b:cry.

Now, the reason I have to say no, is the developers. I know we dont know any by name, or anything like that, but they are the reason this game is on a downward spiral. Their management of the glitches, bugs, content, and everything else is laughable, and I really hate how they basically leave our gms high and dry on dealing with the community's problems. They are the ones responsible for almost every complaint, from rubber banding, to lack of content in the updates, to the unbalanced classes, to the medals being removed because "we got them too easily". They run this game as if it was a second rate cash in to them, which as far as I can tell, thats all it is.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Voted "Yes", Fuzzy is one hell of a sexy panda ... b:dirty
    Frankie is a great guy and all the mods are good as well. About the rest of the GMs ... I`ll steal your ****ing gear if I catch you, ijs. b:chuckle
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd have to say yes. I may not agree with some of the decisions they have made, but they don't do things haphazardly and it's pretty clear why decisions are made. Mostly its about the money, this is a business, after all. But they do a good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    GMs are great i'm not here on forums much but most mods seem decent enough but like most others have said the devs kill it so no
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Honestly, yes, and no, but I will say no since there is more no than yes.

I like most of the gms as people. Ive met a few in game and they were awesome. Even on the forums, they try hard to deal with the backlash of different things as best as someone should expect. I feel bad for them alot of times because they get almost no say in what happens to our game, but they still have to deal with hundreds of posts bashing them, yelling at them, calling them out as failures, etc. I would not in a million years want their job for the simple fact that there has to be zero to no satisfaction in it. So I give them respect for that too. The only thing I really have against them is how they try to bribe us with Facebook likes on so many things, but at the same time, I can see how they might HAVE to do that to show numbers to their bosses.

The mods... now thats a hit and miss. There are some I like, some I dont. tbh, I miss Ary, Hawk, Konari, Andracil, etc. I admit, I really like Grim and Kritty. However, I just DONT like Shelly. Power trips FTL. The rest of them I have no opinions one way or another really, though Fuzzy makes me miss Hamsta from the way he talks b:cry.

Now, the reason I have to say no, is the developers. I know we dont know any by name, or anything like that, but they are the reason this game is on a downward spiral. Their management of the glitches, bugs, content, and everything else is laughable, and I really hate how they basically leave our gms high and dry on dealing with the community's problems. They are the ones responsible for almost every complaint, from rubber banding, to lack of content in the updates, to the unbalanced classes, to the medals being removed because "we got them too easily". They run this game as if it was a second rate cash in to them, which as far as I can tell, thats all it is.

-Thank you _Petal_ for the topic. It's something I have thought about for a long time, but did not find a good moment or any place to talk about. It's done now, thanks to you-

Well then, CptMaggots, let me reply to your post:
    I agree with about all you said, in that GMs and mods are the ones at the frontline, having to deal with a bunch of super aggro mobs on steroids... I mean... angry customers. You know, a bit like a RB instance. b:chuckle They have a lot of courage to go on, even more because they do it voluntarily, are present every day and mods are not paid for it. I repeat, they are not paid for what they do.

Well, I feel ChaoticShelly was a nice mod, she embodied the colder, stricter type of moderator. I kinda liked her, because given how some people here in the forum act... You surely witnessed the unfunny fail trolls, flamebaiters, immature perverts, the holier-than-thou dummies (full with long rants rich with boring complex arithmetic formulae to aim shutting the other's mouth... drives me to sleep. And no, I have got nothing against those who explain game mechanics to HELP others), rich spoiled individuals QQing all day and all other kinds of disruptors, so I should not explain too much.
    Of course, myself am not perfect at all, I tend to be sarcastic, a bit distant and not kind at all to scammers, haters and trolls but also have an annoying part that wants to have things cleared up with a boring and detailed set of arguments, but yeah, I sure have a good side too. As long as I don't break rules or annoy others (too much)... I even asked mods to warn me if I go overboard. b:laugh
    I'd love if there were moderators in game (as well as the return of GMs to moderate world chat, trust me).

What else to say. Ah yes. If I had to become a mod, I guess I'd have to give up on my freedom to express myself fully, including the developed arguments with others, my sarcastic side (higher ones have to keep decency, yes?) and have to be present all the time. I cannot do it, but I could assist them in their quest for justice.

Amd finally, when it comes to developers, I am quite disappointed as well, as the game could have been so much better if some minor decisions (leading to major effects) would have been taken into fact (to make a great game, listen to the playerbase, ignore/discard the stupid and against nature suggestions*/threats -give us a reason when doing that, devs instead of hiding things or apologize via GMs, plox- and implement ideas that could freshen the game more than a bit! And it does pay off... cash cash!!)
    Yeah, as I feel that PWI is localized, info is largely slowed down (it's mass internet age, c'mon, even voting and info transfer should not take so much time?) if it's not lost during process, or ignored. Even if the GMs, CMs and mods are genuinely concerned about our well-being, even if we were not all the ones that directly pay with cash,something is lacking (stated above)... And it's why they take the backlash in full force.
    I do feel sad for them.

Etc. b:thanks

*I am sure you heard about these topics in the past. I may give you a few examples upon request.

P.S.: I did not vote. I really love our GMs and CMs and mods, but the developers... not so much at all.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm sure the mods and gm's care about the community. Mods are doing a great job keeping the forums clean from flamebait/trollposts/etc. Which is in my opinion really underappreciated work.

I do believe the gm's do care about the community, however, I don't think they can help or change as much as they would like to since they're stuck with those developers pulling the strings. A lot of good things the gm's do for us are hardly noticed by half (or more) of the community. The developers kinda push them in the front line to deal with problems while they are hiding. A lot of times the gm's get the blame from the community and get yelled at. Another really underappreciated job imob:surrender

Developers... yeh.. gtfo. Not happy with those people. They are the ones that **** up the game and bring in the changes that noone asked for. I don't have the feeling they care even a tiny lil' bit about the community. They are the source of the rage and QQ of so much people but they don't show up themselves. They kinda push the gm's in the front line to deal with the problems that they created.

maybe you should change the poll to a multiply options one if that's possible...
    pw community is happy with
    -gm's
    -mods
    -devs

would give more accurate results I gues b:surrender I really don't know what to answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Even though the GM's here on the forums and frankie and everyone else are doing a great job there is much more to be done by the developers.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Even though the GM's here on the forums and frankie and everyone else are doing a great job there is much more to be done by the developers.

That is about all in a nutshell. I am glad that this thread remains nice and that people share on the same points (and even if they would not, I believe it would remain a fairly agreeable discussion)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As from how polite the Mods and GMs are on the forum, yes i like it. sometimes I dont like what they do, without warnings especially, but they do have their nice times when they treat us with events and sales we look forward to seeing (yes, sales, but by this i dont mean "oh, theyre money hungry" - because they cant just hand things out for free)

as for the Devs i cant say i know how they are. Its not really the GMs fault for some things that happen to our game, its really the Devs who send them the patch and may or may not give all the information thats included in it. Devs dont control PWI, but they do take a large part in how the game runs from the patches, of course.

I cant vote on the Devs, though, i have no opinion on them. but i feel that the Mods and GMs are doing a good jon, people wise, as in not being rude, they explain things that happen, or if a problem occurs they get on it asap and let us know information periodically. i voted yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I love the mods here.

Frankie's ok too

But I still vote no.

Because there have been a lot of poor management choices bla bla bla you know the story.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I love the mods here.

b:dirty

2 of the mods are barbs ( ewww ), 1 is veno ( willing to say "yay" because of the tail ), 1 is BM ( humans b:scorn ) ...

... and me is elf ... marry me ? b:dirty
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011

2 of the mods are barbs ( ewww )

~snip~

Why, I oughta...

b:angry
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Why, I oughta...

b:angry

Oughta lose aggro to him? *runs*

jk, i love barbs <3
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oughta lose aggro to him? *runs*

jk, i love barbs <3

^ I lol'd.

I dislike the devs, only like one mod. Frankie's a nice guy and having been a gm for another game I know how much it can suck when people get pissy. Getting blamed for something not your fault isn't fun. I sympathize for him and the others, but whomever is inchange of some of the **** moves pwi does (anni packs perma, dq changes ) made it tip waaaay down to a "no".
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    ...only like one mod.

*prepares to spam PMs until an explanation is given*

b:mischievous
  • Shalandra_ - Sanctuary
    Shalandra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Moderators do not run this game, neither does Frankie - he is just the community manager/head GM.

The ones that provide us content/etc are the ones to base your judgment upon.

That leads me to what I have to say:

I've seen worse, but this is still a bit terrible. There is too much reliance on the cash shop. There is too much backpaddling and bouncing around whats NEEDED to be done to the game.

So I've read from franky that this is the only beginning of many good things to come. Sure. The beginning of more of the same.

Edit: Forum wise - the members here are allowed to get away with too much asshatery in my opinion.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I wish I could write yes simply because Grim is one hell of a sexy Archer.

For being bald that is.b:victory

ANYWAY; my opinions on this:
    The mods are great, I didn't really approve of Shelly and Grim becoming mods, but really, I think both of them are doing a great job at the moment. Shelly is indeed hash, but eh, to be frank, this forum is in need of that. I like Krit and Fuzzy as well because they're barbs and barbs are awsum pplz. Haven't seen enough of whatever his/her name was again so I haven't go an opinion. Hopefully he/she is decent too.

I like Franky. I've disagreed with him, raged at him, but really, he does a good job for the community. And it impresses me how well he keeps up considering the fact that he gets blamed for pretty much everything. Other GMs are kewl as well.

Then we come to the devs. There is still so much that should be done to this game, bugs that should have been fixed ages ago, new content that we need, how unbalanced it is and so on. And since they create the game, I ended up with voting no.

tl;dr: Frankie owns, Kritty, Grim, Shelly, whateverhisnamewasagain and Fuzzy owns. The devs fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I wonder if some angry player(s) have used multiple accounts to vote "No" many times....
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    As many have said. The forum is well managed and the mods here does a pretty good job. But the forum is not the game, so I had to vote no
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I do applaud the mods for doing some board control..far different than it was a few months ago b:victory.

I actually like the new mods from what I've seen so far.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The mods and gms are great, the devs on the other hand are lazy/greedy take your pick.
  • SMDBieber - Heavens Tear
    SMDBieber - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Mods suck up to PWI staff that actually get paid - Fact,

GMs suck now, especially for heavens tear. I remember when Kanto used to hang in ADC, get to know people etc. Now GMs don't do that. Tool.

Developers, what developers? You mean the guy that smokes a joint n goes LOLOLOL YO IMA MESS SOME **** UP FOR FUN YOU READY? HAHHA IMA DO IT RIGHT NOW *PUFF* OHHH YEEE *COUGH* DANGG I JUST MESSED UP A LOT OF STUFF HAHA CHECK ITTT OUTTTT. *SAVE*

Then the management just goes, lol look that burn out of a developer just made us a lot of money in the cash shop because he messed up.

In the words of PWI..We never test anything, beta? whats that. We upload whats given to us, we pretend to take hours doing so to make you guys think we actually work. Boom we just screwed over the game hahahahahha, cya next Maintenance when we pretend to actually have jobs again!
  • DeathMethod - Harshlands
    DeathMethod - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:scorn Stuck up pplzzzz.... No likey b:surrender
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011

2 of the mods are barbs ( ewww ), 1 is veno ( willing to say "yay" because of the tail ), 1 is BM ( humans b:scorn ) ...

... and me is elf ... marry me ? b:dirty

Back off. I already claimed that one for myself. b:angry
  • parawizz
    parawizz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I voted no.

That has nothing to do with the mods or the GM's. They do a good job, as far as I am concerned.

But the developers made me vote no. Every time after an update I hope that certain bugs are fixed, but no. We get new fashion, we get sales to spend our money on, and we get one decision after another that brings in money but screws up the game. Rather than having the Earthguard expansion, interesting as it is, I would have preferred to have all annoying bugs in the game fixed but for one reason or other, that is more difficult than fixing the bug about the medals.

I realise full well that this game is here to make money. But even if u get a dragon orb in return for your money, that does not mean that the rest of game can be ignored when it comes to bugs and the impact of certain decisions. That is called commercial management, and the average game developer may yet have to get their first lesson in it.

All in all, it seems after 3 pages that most ppl vote no because of the devs. If I were them, I would go cry in a corner and then try and do something about the justified criticism. However, after 2 years of playing this game, I sincerely doubt any chance of that.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    voted no...cause of the devs... everything's already been said.
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Honestly? I think I'm going to have to vote no.

I like the way that Frankie is reasonably active on the forums and pretty honest, not afraid to tell us whats going on, like about the DDoS attacks and the DQ medals and how it was a subject of controversy within the staff. I also really like the mods on the forums.

On a more negative note, I really really would like to see the GM's in game a hellva lot more. Yes I know its not what they get paid for, but I think it would really boost peoples faith in the PWI staff. I ALMOST NEVER see a GM ingame and when I do, they are most usually AFK.

From the dev point of view, I know we get our patches from china and the PWI staff don't have a lot of control over them but I would like to see, PK events, more instances similar to FC or Nirvana, more endgame content, more events like the arch invasion or the world boss hunt, perhaps exciting quest chains like the TB one and just more stuff to do in general.

I would like to see medals back on the DQ page, to be honest I find it pretty insulting that they were put into the DQ page, and a lot of people went and bought r9, the ones of us that couldn't afford r9 at the time but were working towards it as a long term goal, are left to be ****ed over by the existing r9s in TW and PvP. Also what about the people that bought all the chips and rep needed and were in progress of farming the medals and suddenly the medals were taken out. That would seriously **** you off.

PW argue that they took the medals out because they were meant to be harder to obtain, if this is true, then why the hell were they ever on the dq page and wasnt r8 supposed to be hard to get? oh yeah, and ummm nixes and event gear and uh chips? No?

And then there are the ****ing bugs in the game that have been around as long as I can remember but never get addressed or fixed. Like rubberbanding or skill cancelling, not to mention charm bypassing by sins.
  • JohnnysAss - Sanctuary
    JohnnysAss - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No!! they're all scum
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I wonder if some angry player(s) have used multiple accounts to vote "No" many times....

I just checked. So far, nothing. The votes on this poll are actually clean. b:chuckle

IMO...I like the staff as people. Kritty and Sango are two Moderators who I know personally, having actually seen (and been in the same faction, AND came to his rescue when he was being PK'd) and after working with Sangodoc prior to him being promoted to Moderator.

I don't like the staff as developing and management. as it's been clearly stated....nothing fixed as far as bugs in 3+ years.

Frankie irritates the hell out of me sometimes. Sometimes, he tells us things straight. Other times, it's so obvious he's covering for the company that it's no longer funny...
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure it's fair to lump mods & GM/CM types in with "Management." Admins are just messengers to the real decision-makers, the people who truly "manage" the game, and mods are volunteer forum fire-fighters, little more.
    Don't think it's any mystery what I voted. :P Anyone on PWE's payroll higher up than Frankie should probably be slapped hard, repeatedly, until the grow a pair and make China realize PWI needs different treatment than PW-CN.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8