Any nice players?

Sverdet - Heavens Tear
Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Just curious as to see how many are out there who's nice and plays just for fun. Share some stories, if you want. Here's my story that happened a week or 2 ago...

I was sitting at North Gate, talking in guild chat, when I see someone run by. In normal chat, they were saying "Pls help me with fb29!" (or something close to that). I pm'd him and asked what class he was, he replied and said he's a cleric. So, being nice with nothing to do, I told him I'll run him through fb if he heals me. He agreed and we went to Secret Passage. Eventually, we decided to just wine it to make it go faster for him. I tp'd to Arch and got the wine made. I told him that he didn't have to pay me for it (though telling someone to pay you for fb29 wine would be ridiculous lol). As we're walking to Qingzi's room, I told him if the mold drops that he can have it (eventhough I wined it). Sadly but not surprisingly, no mold drop. That's how I look at it though; YOUR fb, YOUR drops.

Also, there have been countless times I've helped strangers out on normal quests as well. Never asked for anything in return.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
Post edited by Sverdet - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XVBx - Dreamweaver
    XVBx - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol, i've been playing for lik 3 years now, only just got to lvl 90, because really i just like helping people more then i like grinding for myself.

running around the low lvl areas asking if anyone needs help, buffing randoms.

good times b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing. b:cool
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It gets boring in the 90's so i tend to help a lot.
    Soloing bh's, bosses, culties, and the like to keep myself entertained.
    Yerp...
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have done so many BH29's, 39's, 51's, and 59's for people. lol As well tanking BH69 and 79. :) I don't mind helping people. All I really care for in return is a thank you. Most of the time, I never take any mats/DQ items, nothing.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol There's always someone random buffing by the Mines. b:laugh I was out on my Sin just goofing off, and a Cleric randomly buffed me. XD

Sometimes, I get bored, so I run BH29, BH39, whatever. I also try to help out on FB's whenever I can.

I don't really care about drops, I have enough **** in my bank that i can't stuff any more in there anyway, and stuff I do get now, say the tabber doesn't want it (I've mailed molds to tabbers before), I'll give it to the faction I'm in that has lower levels in it. ^_^ Same with pet food, I bank a lot of that for faction.

Hum... Story... I did a FB39 with someone, and a Mold did drop. Some jerk took the mold and ran. Nobody was rude over it, but myself and 2 other people from my faction where there. We felt bad, so we put some coins together, and bought the same mold that dropped (it was useful for the tabber) off AH, and gave it to them. b:pleased
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • parawizz
    parawizz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Being nice brings its own rewards b:laugh

There was a wizzard running around in Etherblade, desperately seeking help with his fb19. I was a lvl39 veno, no less, and agreed to help him, called on some guildies for further assistance. So we did his fb, got him to join the guild and in the end, he and I got married, both in game and irl.

But yeah, I give free buffs on my cleric, kill Khewy for those who need it when around King's Feast, assist in bh's if there is no tank or cleric to be found, that kind of stuff.

Too bad that many of the ppl who ask for help break up squad after the help without even so much as a thank you.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Once upon a time, as XVBx can confirm, we used to have a constant rule of "your FB, your drops." However, eventually it came to where people decided the winer should get them. I don't disagree, they are paying for everyone else to have it easier. Still, it took away from some of the incentive for people to do their FB's right away. Now, being a horrible merchant and horrible grinder, I save up money just for wines, or just skip my FB and do it when I do my BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Most of the nice people are lower levels, at least that's how I see it. Most of the high levels tend to forget that we`ve all been noobs and now they just go around and pretend that they are great pros and even ignoring you if you try to start a talk.

However, I love helping low level players. Nothing can compare to how thankful people are after you helped them. I randomly help people with quests, FBs, mini bosses etc. At the moment I recall that a faction member got a divine quest in FB59 for some mobs. There were only 2 mobs of the needed in the instance so we had to reset the instance 8 times in order to get them all. I just went in there without cleric and whatnot and even that I knew that it will be charm **** I was still willing to do it, because I know that this person will be happy after it's done. In the end we did it (;

I also love helping in FBs, don't know in how many FBs I helped, but I have 3K rep earned only from helping.

Also, pushing yourself to the limit when tanking or soloing mini bosses is extremely fun. Krimson was a pain for my archer with sucky gear, but in the end I managed to kill him and we were all happy :)

EDIT : The "Your FB, your drops" rule still applies on Dreamweaver. There's a room call FBurDrops and we`re mainly using it to fool around but we always love to help with FBs when we have time. What can be more fun than running it with friends?

Also reminds me that me and a friend of mine ( BloodyMeat <3 ) love to help people with bosses and we evn have our own game called "Aggro fight" xD He's a 101 cleric and we`re always fighting for the aggro xD
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Once upon a time, as XVBx can confirm, we used to have a constant rule of "your FB, your drops." However, eventually it came to where people decided the winer should get them. I don't disagree, they are paying for everyone else to have it easier. Still, it took away from some of the incentive for people to do their FB's right away. Now, being a horrible merchant and horrible grinder, I save up money just for wines, or just skip my FB and do it when I do my BH.

HUH? It still is "your FB, your drops"... at least for most people that aren't jerks and let lowbies make some coin (or USE the mold that dropped). It's also winer get molds.... FOR BH's! I think your'e confused. Hell if it's your FB you should have the wines anyway (for 69 and up at least), so it'll be your drops anyway.....
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah i play for fun. I just do bh then grind or help players :) sometimes when i am free :)/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Awww that's great! :)

parawizz wrote: »

There was a wizzard running around in Etherblade, desperately seeking help with his fb19. I was a lvl39 veno, no less, and agreed to help him, called on some guildies for further assistance. So we did his fb, got him to join the guild and in the end, he and I got married, both in game and irl.

But yeah, I give free buffs on my cleric, kill Khewy for those who need it when around King's Feast, assist in bh's if there is no tank or cleric to be found, that kind of stuff.

Too bad that many of the ppl who ask for help break up squad after the help without even so much as a thank you.
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I cant' even begin to count how many sub-level BHs/FBs I've helped with especially on my retired Cleric. I really don't mind helping at all.

I don't take any drops or DQ items because I know others need it to teleport or get places quicker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    parawizz wrote: »

Huh, I've had opposite experience...

I get a good 'ole 'TY :D' or similar, and either they ask if they can, or just send, a friends request. ;)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • PrettylnPink - Lost City
    PrettylnPink - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Most of the nice people are lower levels, at least that's how I see it. Most of the high levels tend to forget that we`ve all been noobs and now they just go around and pretend that they are great pros and even ignoring you if you try to start a talk.

However, I love helping low level players. Nothing can compare to how thankful people are after you helped them. I randomly help people with quests, FBs, mini bosses etc. At the moment I recall that a faction member got a divine quest in FB59 for some mobs. There were only 2 mobs of the needed in the instance so we had to reset the instance 8 times in order to get them all. I just went in there without cleric and whatnot and even that I knew that it will be charm **** I was still willing to do it, because I know that this person will be happy after it's done. In the end we did it (;

I also love helping in FBs, don't know in how many FBs I helped, but I have 3K rep earned only from helping.

Also, pushing yourself to the limit when tanking or soloing mini bosses is extremely fun. Krimson was a pain for my archer with sucky gear, but in the end I managed to kill him and we were all happy :)

EDIT : The "Your FB, your drops" rule still applies on Dreamweaver. There's a room call FBurDrops and we`re mainly using it to fool around but we always love to help with FBs when we have time. What can be more fun than running it with friends?

Also reminds me that me and a friend of mine ( BloodyMeat <3 ) love to help people with bosses and we evn have our own game called "Aggro fight" xD He's a 101 cleric and we`re always fighting for the aggro xD

well....i help out for fun when im bored...to remind high lvls that they were noobs once, if gms came out ot pk once it a while that would fix it don't cha think?b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We veno are so hated that we dont' even get invited to bh's anymoreb:cry But well show them b:angry who needs squads when our hercs do all the job b:chuckle
  • jonsey22
    jonsey22 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ive been playing this game on and off for over 2 years now and its safe to say the population of 'nice' players has decreased significantly. Yes its true that the majority of nice people are lower lvl, its as if when some people hit lvl 100 someone, somewhere flips a 'time to be arrogant' switch b:surrender

That said ive made some great friends playing this and only on a rare occasion has the marvalous achievement of having 3 numbers next to ones name turned them into an arrogant, egotistical halfwit.

As far as helping others goes i can always be found at bh platform and who doesnt love a good old boss run??? good times b:pleased
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm almost always willing to help people TT for their gear and let them keep all drops, help with 20x3s, and bhs, fbs unwined or wined( and even untabbed).

Recently in an fb I was in, we picked up two level 7xs who needed the instance for their bh as well. and when they were done with their bh they dipped. I was disappointed in the community at that point but had no problems finishing what was started.

But being one of the high levels in the small faction I'm currently in, it can get a bit taxing doing all these things for other people and having trouble finding time for my own things.

I've had much difficulty with a noobie level 7xs archer who I'm always willing to help but I want more than anything for this archer to listen to what I have to say as far as archer advice goes.
    I've had to help this person with things I soloed at their level with little problem.

and considering I got all the gear I currently have equipped completely on my own by solo grinding and selling DQs to other players, I wonder if people will set aside time to help me for once >.> or if its fair that I should go out of my way to help people get their gear to no personal gain when no one helped me with mine.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Every few weeks I do "help a noob/s day"

I basically spend my whole time on PWI helping random WC squads do BH/TT/FB.

Just yesterday, I went and tanked on my sin a BH39 for some random WC squad. Cleared 2 bosses no molds :( got to the last boss and 2 dropped! So I said good luck selling them/have fun and went on my merry way.

I find it is always nice to help some people, since this game gets so boring fast :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • awesoem
    awesoem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There has been loads of times people been nice to me and me to them.

Back when I was lower level 20-30, I'd see people grinding on that big hill outside of arch and we'd grind and quest together.

Good times had loads of fun.

Now in my 90s I still enjoy playing with other people. The other day I helped a friend of mine level her alt cleric account. She just squad me and I grind on lvl 96 spiders, not much exp for me anyway and I didn't mind helping as she flew in all the way from Plume just for buffs <3

Another example is again helping out a low level cleric with money/exp. I would run around and take argo of many spiders (usually 10-20), he'd would purify/heal me and in return he'd get some of the DQ drops and exp.

After 1.5 hours, he had made around 250k coins and me around 325k. But he also gained around 50%. He was level 68 or so at the time.

And of course it's always nice when you're grinding and you see someone and you ask them for buffs and they politely buff you <3 clerics.

And occasionally you come across a Rank 8 Cleric who refuses to take 30 seconds of his time to give you some buffs because he's too cheap for potions even if you offer him some.

As for instances, there aren't many that I can solo due to being a psychic and all. But I do sometimes help out on 59 because its easy :D
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    HUH? It still is "your FB, your drops"... at least for most people that aren't jerks and let lowbies make some coin (or USE the mold that dropped). It's also winer get molds.... FOR BH's! I think your'e confused. Hell if it's your FB you should have the wines anyway (for 69 and up at least), so it'll be your drops anyway.....

Those rules now only apply to the FB's where you need mobs in it for quests (FB51 and below). However, almost every time I run a FB now, I find someone saying, "I'll wine your FB but I want the mold." Of course, new players just go with it. If you are not a new player, you usually have your wines ahead of time anyways and have the money to get them. Many new players do not.

However, when this game first came up, I remember people wining your FB for you and still letting you have the drops. It wasn't a matter of you needing to get your wines, they would get them for you, with no expectation of getting anything but a little exp, spirit, and rep. Now, they don't do that, which is my point. It's now a winers drops system, and no longer are people doing it just to be nice. Ideally, the tabber should get the drops regardless of who wines. But this game no longer has customs which are ideal. It is all about greed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Help people? Are you serious? Why would you do that!?

This game is all about getting to level 101 as fast as humanly possible so you can have a super high level character with nothing to do. So what if you have to step on a few faceless peons to do it? No one seriously helps anyone else with their trek to the top. That would be counterproductive. They might end up beating you there, and then you would look like a Loser!

And I am sure those people that got their Seekers and Mystics to level 100 in under three days did every single FCC run all by themselves (using their Mains of course), without the need for any "assistance". Or if they did have help, they paid for it.

A "story" for you to illustrate. I was with a crew in FCC ... the highest member in the squad was level 85, but just as we were finishing the boss and mobs before the "Heads" the level 85 player had to leave. We finished the boss okay, but had no one to start the Heads Quest as no one was high enough level.

A frantic search of factions and friends lists turned up no one able to help (sort of proving the uselessness of such groups) and so we used teles hoping someone would be willing to come to help with the Heads quest. Should have been a decent proposal: If you are level 85, come talk to the NPC and get a free Heads quest. Golden opportunity, no?

Well, no one answered the tele, but there was one archer spamming world chat with "Lvl 85 archer looking for FCC" so we invited her to our squad. As soon as she found out our situation, she just left the squad. I asked her why? She said she did not want to waste her time, and instead started spamming world chat again.

Almost brings a tear to the eye to know there are players that are that dedicated to their cause.

[Oh, BTW, this entire post is sarcastic (even though the story is actually true). I really would prefer not to have to add this disclaimer, but do so due to the fact that many forum readers only read the first line or two and/or are simply unable to understand sarcasm.]

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • grimreaperhc
    edited April 2011
    Indeed, it's sad how greedy people are nowadays. I`m not a rich player, therefore I can't help with coins but if I have some item that I don't really need I`m always giving it to a player who needs it.

I recall helping some BM with her FB29. Back then I had some lvl30/32 fists refined to +3, sharded and with some decent adds for their level. I was keeping them just for the lulz, but I decided to give them to her as she will put them to a good use :)
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, the vast majority of replies here seem to be from people on pve servers, maybe that's just a coincidence...
    In my experience it's usually possible to get help with something with or without a faction, one minor hazard on a pvp server is being randomly pked whilst helping a lowbie with their mini-boss, item grind or w/e. I don't think this stops people from helping, maybe just makes them more cautious.
    One thing that can be annoying though is spammed party invites. If I said no the first time, whatever the reason, do you really think I'll change my mind by invite number 10?
    The other day I answered a request for help I saw in common chat to discover it was a guildy on an alt b:chuckle
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • EGiFZ - Heavens Tear
    EGiFZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:bye

Heya Peeps!

b:chuckle

I Helped so many fellow pwi members, that I was recognized by a G.M. named "Kentorek". He gave me a compliment over the "Loud Speaker".

b:victory

All Hail' the Knights during these dark times!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    At lvl 90 i had 10k rep on my veno from only doing FBs to guild mates or friends. My WQs used to take me up to 2 hours because everytime i was going near a mini boss i asked in GC if any1 needs him and usually every wq was including 1-2 bosses too. Back in the old times ppl used to help more because there wasnt much else to do. No BH, no nirvana. All you could do was CS, crusader orders, grind on 1man army for rep, run FBs, help ppl so later they call you on their fbs :P, spend half day to get a squad for a TT1-1 run. fun times b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    now i'll problably not go into the "helpfull to strangers" group, as i mostly do my own thing.

but i gotta say that when som1 pm me in arch like "plz help me with this" 2 seconds later plzzz.. that kind of message i'll not respond or say no, then ignore if he/she keep pming.

now if som1 ask nicely like. "would you be so kind to help me with my bh/boss i cant get any friends to help?" then theres a good chance that i would help, but i'm not helping som1 who doesnt ask nicely, cos' in the past i've done, and alot didnt even say thanks.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver
    ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    One of the nicest players I have met was named Wormfood. Unfortunately he does not play anymore. I have met a few others that are pretty nice as well, although there are not many.

I try to help as much as I can myself. I have spent more time helping others than working on my own characters. Not to mention all the coin/goods I have given away.

I find the content of character here troubling though. There seems to be a surplus of selfishness and ego and a lack of respect and courtesy. So many seem to either forget or not care that there are actually people behind these characters.
  • LShattered - Heavens Tear
    LShattered - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,365 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    At lvl 90 i had 10k rep on my veno from only doing FBs to guild mates or friends. My WQs used to take me up to 2 hours because everytime i was going near a mini boss i asked in GC if any1 needs him and usually every wq was including 1-2 bosses too. Back in the old times ppl used to help more because there wasnt much else to do. No BH, no nirvana. All you could do was CS, crusader orders, grind on 1man army for rep, run FBs, help ppl so later they call you on their fbs :P, spend half day to get a squad for a TT1-1 run. fun times b:chuckle

I remember when you used to help meb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ☆Heavy Armor Venomancer since level 1☆
    Previously known as _Surreal_b:avoid

Sig by me.

[=>theempire.ucoz.com<=]
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Now that I think about...I don't help people as often as I did when I was in the level 60-90 range...I RARELY help someone on bosses or BH out of my own initiative. Does that make me a bad person ?

I do, however, help anyone in need if I get a PM from them asking politely. I even help some rude players, only because I am understanding of human nature...some people just find it IMPOSSIBLE to communicate properly, and that's fine with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Toxie - Dreamweaver
    Toxie - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    now i'll problably not go into the "helpfull to strangers" group, as i mostly do my own thing.

but i gotta say that when som1 pm me in arch like "plz help me with this" 2 seconds later plzzz.. that kind of message i'll not respond or say no, then ignore if he/she keep pming.

now if som1 ask nicely like. "would you be so kind to help me with my bh/boss i cant get any friends to help?" then theres a good chance that i would help, but i'm not helping som1 who doesnt ask nicely, cos' in the past i've done, and alot didnt even say thanks.

I get a TON of random pms in Arch for help.

The kind I answer and usually help with: "Hey can you help us do bh 29,39,51,59,69etc we can't find a cleric?" Also the kind I feel guilty over not helping cause most of the time I'm busy. =/

The kind I usually don't answer and don't help with: "bh 29 plzzzzzz cleric plzzzzz help now coin plz heal plz" "Sorry I'm in a squad" "Help cleric now bh 29 kk?!?"

I understand a language barrier and I can see past that but FFS if you're asking a random high level in Arch to help you, manners go a loooong way.
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    edited April 2011
    One of the nicest players I have met was named Wormfood. Unfortunately he does not play anymore. I have met a few others that are pretty nice as well, although there are not many.

I try to help as much as I can myself. I have spent more time helping others than working on my own characters. Not to mention all the coin/goods I have given away.

I find the content of character here troubling though. There seems to be a surplus of selfishness and ego and a lack of respect and courtesy. So many seem to either forget or not care that there are actually people behind these characters.

That's not this game. That's the internet as a whole. It is very easy to dismiss people on the internet because we do not have to look them in the eyes while doing it. It's very easy for us to say "you are a noob, go die," when we would never say something like that in real life, and it is because we think of people on the internet as essentially sophisticated NPC's.

A perfect example would be our forum trolls, such as Rawrgh, who very easily insult others. (No offense Rawrgh, you are just the first one to pop into my mind. Fortunately I'd compare you more to Rush Limbaugh, in that while you are a bit of an ***, you are usually right in what you say.) I doubt very much if most of these people would ever even think of saying this stuff in real life to someone, simply because its much more intimidating to call someone an idiot to their face rather than anonymously over the internet. I personally try to act the same on here as in real life, but it is a different environment and it is sometimes difficult to do that.

Part of the reason I am anxious for a certain MMO to come out is because the forums seem to be, for the most part, full of kinder people than these as well as the people in-game. Nonetheless, hopefully there are more kind people who remain silent than there are these undesirables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • grimreaperhc
    edited April 2011
    stuff here

Halp plzzzz, heelz pleezzeee, halp, halp

-sends 10 squad invites-

Hai Toxeh b:dirty