BM vs Seeker?

Options
Ravi_BM - Dreamweaver
Ravi_BM - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Blademaster
So new class seeker came i have away from game for some time and am downloading game
when i am in game i used to like BM now that seeker came who do you think is good in allrounding??b:puzzled

All suggestions are allowed
[SIGPIC]Ravi_BM[/SIGPIC]

Ravi_BM: Cookies? This is madness

Bear: MADNESS??b:angry THAT IS COOKIE!! b:beatup

*THROWS ME INTO COOKIE POT* b:surrenderb:surrender
Post edited by Ravi_BM - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• knucks
    knucks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    this s the BM forum...opinions are bias. but to answer your question. BM's OWN ALL!
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the seekers have some nice and fashy moves, as well as a really nice def lvl buff. they will probably beat out bms in the line of a pure aoe class for grinding, but then again you can not move once you set the vortex, so will have to have mobs brought to you. and the days of zhens have long been gone from PWI for some time now.

the seeker lacks the varity of weapon lines the BM has. they are sword only, and are limited to not having the other ones that allow for utility for the squad with HF or the pure dmg of the claws in late game in full inv gear.

pre pack sales, if they would have been released, they would hold much closer to what the bm use to be, but now, they are a far bit behind.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the vortex aoe is like 1 spark...oh no cloud eruption....oh and with its mana cost its more of a burst aoe than a zhen.

sword bm's dont have 30 meter range skills, 50% pve amps, or a 450% weapon damage physical and metal skill

seekers only have to refine one endgame weapon and every skill on the class can be used with it rather than haveing to swap between 4/2893853 weapons just to stun an oponent not seeing how 1 weapon is a drawback

seekers have a semi usefull rank 8 and a ungodly rank 9, makes them better spike damage at endgame than bm's ever where

if you want to compare any onlder class to seekers it would be a wizzie, high spike, high DPS aoe, high ranged spike
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Tenronth - Lost City
    Tenronth - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Stunlock = dead Seeker.
  • UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear
    UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Personally i think BMs beat out seekers due to the fact that we can stunlock and have aoe stun. also we can become 5.0 aps and perma sparked. something a seeker cannot do.
    for the weapon switching, if u have the brains to set up a proper skill/item shortcut it should not be a problem, hundreds of bm out there do it and they have no trouble with it.
    But then again i do not know much about seekers and I am a bm so my opinion "MAY" (ok it totally is) be a bit biased.
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seekers suck, unfortunate but true. Pretty fun to FF with though but that's it.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Stunlock = dead Seeker.

^ This.

Even through all the defense lvls my 95 seeker friend has, if I stunlock him, He will die.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ravi_BM - Dreamweaver
    Ravi_BM - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks for every one who posted b:byeand all posts are welcome.b:victory
    [SIGPIC]Ravi_BM[/SIGPIC]

Ravi_BM: Cookies? This is madness

Bear: MADNESS??b:angry THAT IS COOKIE!! b:beatup

*THROWS ME INTO COOKIE POT* b:surrenderb:surrender
  • coldfusion620
    coldfusion620 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ^ This.

Even through all the defense lvls my 95 seeker friend has, if I stunlock him, He will die.

Yeah i agree, IF u stunlock, but if u don't, BM is dead.....
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    seekers r actually pretty good to play. all classes have there porpuse and ppl play a class cuz there good at it. most bms dont like playing seekers cuz although it seems like it would fill the exact same role it wasnt ment to. most bms dismiss this as fail but its really not. bms are disigned for diversity in situation. like tanking aoes stunning dd... stuff like that. kinda a jack of all traits. seekers are more of a HA mage that works. were disigned to amp and absorb dmg and dish out combos. this may be baised opinion but i do think that seeker is quite a bit more involved
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Gotta love when I seal a bm and nuke him with ranged skills at only 3 or so metters away from him, kill him and them read him saying "lol, fight me at close range, noob" As if I would let a bm stunlock me or aps me to hell and back (even funnier was one bm that was exploiting a flaw of this game in a duel with me lol).

About Seekers sucking... well, it is your bias.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Gotta love when I seal a bm and nuke him with ranged skills at only 3 or so metters away from him, kill him and them read him saying "lol, fight me at close range, noob" As if I would let a bm stunlock me or aps me to hell and back (even funnier was one bm that was exploiting a flaw of this game in a duel with me lol).

About Seekers sucking... well, it is your bias.

I don't get how BMs don't keep up with running Seekers. I keep up with them just fine. They have no running skills except by using Holy Path or canceling Voidstep on a nearby mob. Other then that, we have 2 instant speed skills + Holy Path.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • coldfusion620
    coldfusion620 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    uhh.... Seekers got a runin skill ;)
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've noticed toe to toe if you can stun lock you can kill a seeker. But straight damage wise, seekers are pretty powerful. A lot of the moves are also range with physical and magical damage. Although, I like my BM for all his diversity and 4.0 aps with claws; I'm going to try a seeker because I always liked swords and feel BM's are completely gimped down this path. My gold 90 sword with zerk on it is currently a paperweight on my BM, for my seeker, a nice gift that he can own with.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I personally have only dueled one seeker so far. Well, as laughable as it seems the seeker asked for a duel himself, he was a 8x lvl vs 102 BM (its obvious who wins) but considering his moves he and the rest of the seekers wouldn't do well alone in PvP.

The duel itself was quick, he realized his moves but do they lack of stuns or movements?

Im not aware of the skills (yet) and wouldn't think they are a good class to "go out and solo junk" but i may be wrong in that, considering they are still a well armed meele fighters with a considerable amount of hitpoints.

However, my conclusion for BM vs Seeker is that, Seeker's r good for groups @ PvE.
    BM's are better for solo and PvE.

I have noticed that the staff is trying to make the class system to depend on eachother more, so we can stick together (which is right way to go).

So yeah, my opinions go for BM > Seeker
  • Shalandra_ - Sanctuary
    Shalandra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't get how BMs don't keep up with running Seekers. I keep up with them just fine. They have no running skills except by using Holy Path or canceling Voidstep on a nearby mob. Other then that, we have 2 instant speed skills + Holy Path.

Unfetter >>
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If you're talking about a BM vs a Seeker in 1v1 combat, I doubt the seeker could get past a charmed end-game geared BM without APS.
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Seekers are nice for tanking mobs. However, if you are looking to tank - it's the same as an Axe bm. They simply wont. Any fist bm will be the one tanking. Seekers are slow and have no aggro skills, so they don't maintain aggro on bosses. Sins and BMs will tank before the Seeker does.

Seekers are nice in FF for luring the mobs and taking the damage, however, they will never replace a BM in FF due to -Heaven's Flame- and our aoe stun. I love teaming with them because HF + Vortex is instant mob dropper. However, I have no wants to be a seeker.

In the end, APS win out, that's just how the game works.

And....seekers have another speed skill besides HP lol..... but BMs have 3 skills w/ hp (Will of Bod, Cloud, and Holy Path)

And seekers have a seal rofl. It sucks because you can't stunlock them if they're all the way over elsewhere and hitting you from miles away. So, don't think they are totally powerless. Gear is a huge thing too. I've been beat by a seeker in duels, but seen a cleric 1 shot em. (demon + temptess) so, we all have our ups and downs in PvP and PvE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If APS was nerfed, (which it won't), would you rather play a BM or Seeker? (Serious question). XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    lizrau wrote: »
    If APS was nerfed, (which it won't), would you rather play a BM or Seeker? (Serious question). XD

wizz or psy
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Depends what it gets nerfed to.

Aps wise. I'm only 2.22 base at level 95 (2.86 sparked but I'm always HFing for people so I'm never sparking lol) and I steal still aggro over seekers on bosses. And I like tanking bosses, so I'd still stick with BM even if 2.22base was the highest I could get. Though, if they did nerf it, I think it would drop to 3.33.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BarbaBlanca - Lost City
    BarbaBlanca - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Seekers *laughs*
    nothing to worry about the kite like archers shoot u with their magic attacks whihc does pathetic damage 1k 2k <<rank8 seeker sword +5

occult ice or roar+cyclone or wind shield =dead seeker
    althogh they are preety cool for froscovered better than barbs ijsb:avoidb:avoid
    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]CubanKingLeader
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

BM. APS doesn't define BM.
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Options
    What if all -int gear was taken away, no one could stun, sleep, seal, etc anyone. What class would you play? Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    no one could stun, sleep, seal, etc anyone. What class would you play?

I'd quit, that's a stupid question and pvp would be brainless without those.
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I'd quit, that's a stupid question and pvp would be brainless without those.

+1

Just about every class has some form of sleep/stun/paralyze/etc
    It would be lame without some form of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Obviously it's a f*cking stupid question, but seriously. What would be the best class then? Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• supertroyman1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Stunlock = dead Seeker.

actually i wouldnt be so sure about that. ijs fear edged blur. i stund seeker for hole fight but as i ran up he set it off and it keeps going after stun.even though he wasnt even fighting that skill cut through my defenses like frckin butter. i died on 4th skill tick.(demon has 5 ticks)b:shocked
  • supertroyman1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    BM. APS doesn't define BM.

OMG out of all the times we argue all over forums i finally find something i agree with u on
  • supertroyman1
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you're talking about a BM vs a Seeker in 1v1 combat, I doubt the seeker could get past a charmed end-game geared BM without APS.

not so sure about that. the skill of a player is always different and can lead to different outcomes.and if the seeker 1 shots charm is useless.

lets say bm has 7k hp standing. if seeker say sage spark-blade affinity(now has another spark)-heart seeker-then ion spike it might 1 shot since it does magic dmg. especially if it crits.or zerks lol.

but as side story i dualed a seeker in frost so he could dmg test. with just 3 spark and heartseeker alone he almost 1 shot me while i had barb buff on. without crit or zerk and there was only 5 lvl difference.

all i can sayy is underestimatig any class in 1 on 1 is very dangerous