rofl @ Golden Steed Ticket

Comments

• SangDrax - Raging Tide
    SangDrax - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    China dev 1: Damn, the US players are complaining again

China dev 2: About what?

China dev 1: Bugs not being fixed. Cash shop sales. We forgot to do half the expansion. We didn't alter guild bases for other versions.

China dev 2: Well how can we pretend we care while ignoring bugs and all real issues

China dev 1: I dunno

China dev 2: wait a minute, don't they have something unique to their version, a dq rewards or something?

China dev 1: oh yea, they do

China dev 2: lets take the horse that we've already copied a dozen times, put a new color on it, and make it exclusive for them!

China dev 1: BRILLIANT!

ROFL I'm laughing! Soooooo reminded me of Guinness commercials!!! He's right as well! b:laugh b:laugh

Cute that a GM tried to defend it....cute
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Say what you all want but I am determined to get that ugly **** horse.

I have unsettled beef with DQ reward horse mounts
    b:shocked rain wait till this comes out, i have a feeling it will be very soon
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011

MY EYEEEEEEEEEEEES! IT BURNS! b:cry
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I'll be the first to have one,
    and ill name it after you b:cute
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I'll be the first to have one,
    and ill name it after you b:cute
    b:cryb:cryb:cry QQQQ NUUUUU
  • Lerixe - Raging Tide
    Lerixe - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the "yellow horse" is pathetic...
    you took a previous mount and pissed on it and made it glow.

DQ rewards has been out for a while now and aside from the R9 abuse. its been a bust.

we as gamers in the "perfect world" have yet to see anything useful come out of this reward system that was supposed to "compensate" us for a loss of income from grinding.
    correct me if i'm wrong but that was the point right?

so they tell they're removing the medals... and adding something "new."
    by new they meant an old mount in a new shiny color.

i'm baffled by how lazy they've gotten.
    they must make a killing off all the cash shoppers because its obvious they just don't give a damn anymore.

instead of a ridiculously overpriced "exclusive..."new" mount"...
    something halfway useful, something that actually makes the game slightly more fun, or slightly less meticulous.

i have a thread in suggestions, suggesting... that they add high level potions or "weaker than bronze" charms to the DQR.
    am i asking too much?
    they wouldn't have to invent anything... it already exists. just make it obtainable through the DQR system.

here's a little math for pwi.

DQR-medals=QQ
    DQR+"pissed on mount"=QQ

DQR+something useful... that people have been asking for since the implementation of this pointless system=??

and i thought programmers were good at math. b:shocked

make DQR worth our time... or get rid of it. cuz its a big f**kin joke now.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    pwi your damn if you do and damn if you dont. I think i seen the same horse on HoTKb:shutup
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    frankieraye: I am really sorry to say this: 'No thanks'. But well, if some already bought it with their precious DQ points... I really wished for something else, a whole bunch of new items that would individually cost less and be more useful than this *whispers 'tired-looking horse that is not even 18k plated gold'* horse. Oh well.

RedsRose: If horns are ever put in DQ rewards, I want to have a slew of options in turn, as in horn block (hehehehahaha!! ahem), Duke silent mode, No party or faction invite (party invite spam? No thanks, I tend to solo on all of my characters) and other events that annoy me a bit.
    Oh and a better world chat filter too please.
    Now, is that fair a potential trade? b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Snoozer - Lost City
    Snoozer - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Guys, guys. And women. You're missing the point. I mean, just Look at that horse. That Horse is Amazing. I hear that it has a raisin-like flavor when licked, and that when it's mane is stroked, it turns into a freakin PLANE. Not to mention the sweet lemonade dispenser. Plus it has been known to rock out on a Casio keyboard straight out of '82. I mean come ON. No other mount has these features.

Now cease conversation and get on this horse.
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Guys, guys. And women. You're missing the point. I mean, just Look at that horse. That Horse is Amazing. I hear that it has a raisin-like flavor when licked, and that when it's mane is stroked, it turns into a freakin PLANE. Not to mention the sweet lemonade dispenser. Plus it has been known to rock out on a Casio keyboard straight out of '82. I mean come ON. No other mount has these features.

Now cease conversation and get on this horse.

But does it take you 'round the universe? And all the other places too?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    But does it take you 'round the universe? And all the other places too?

That dude says so. I don't believe in it a bit.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13019041&postcount=121

Wait, is that part of a silly meme? b:laugh
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That dude says so. I don't believe in it a bit.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13019041&postcount=121

Wait, is that part of a silly meme? b:laugh

*edit* On second thought, the video might not be the most "work safe" from the one part, so just google "Amazing Horse"

Watch and be ready to suddenly want the DQ horse b:thanks
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    *edit* On second thought, the video might not be the most "work safe" from the one part, so just google "Amazing Horse"

Watch and be ready to suddenly want the DQ horse b:thanks

Oh, I briefly watched it, I see now (even the *ahem* peculiar part). Thank you.
    And no, I still don't want to purchase a tired-looking horse that is not even 18k plated gold that I referred to in my oldest post (you didn't even think you'd get a shiny 24k pure gold mount with a fierce look did you).

(And I am too poor and too busy to make impulsive purchases that will not be useful to me b:laugh)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    frankieraye: I am really sorry to say this: 'No thanks'. But well, if some already bought it with their precious DQ points... I really wished for something else, a whole bunch of new items that would individually cost less and be more useful than this *whispers 'tired-looking horse that is not even 18k plated gold'* horse. Oh well.

RedsRose: If horns are ever put in DQ rewards, I want to have a slew of options in turn, as in horn block (hehehehahaha!! ahem), Duke silent mode, No party or faction invite (party invite spam? No thanks, I tend to solo on all of my characters) and other events that annoy me a bit.
    Oh and a better world chat filter too please.
    Now, is that fair a potential trade? b:laugh

You can already put party invites and faction invites on ignore. It's in the options...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    You can already put party invites and faction invites on ignore. It's in the options...

Faction invite? Really? Then I will work on that in a few. Thanks.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I saw the horse in-game the other day. I think it's pretty decent looking.

The fact that you can only get it via DQ points is actually a pretty good idea. People are just bitter because Medals of Glory were taken out, and they're venting at the horse, even though the horse by itself is actually a good idea.

It kinda reminds me of when our main newspaper here stopped running, "Calvin and Hobbes" (because Waterson retired) and replaced it with some new unknown comic called "Dilbert". The letters to the editor pages were flooded with people screaming about how the editors should be fired for gross incompetence, because the new comic was obviously completely unfunny, poorly drawn garbage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    and two, it can only be obtained through the DQ shop.

For how long? I remember when Silver Mane was "only obtainable by DQ".
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I saw the horse in-game the other day. I think it's pretty decent looking.

The fact that you can only get it via DQ points is actually a pretty good idea. People are just bitter because Medals of Glory were taken out, and they're venting at the horse, even though the horse by itself is actually a good idea.

It kinda reminds me of when our main newspaper here stopped running, "Calvin and Hobbes" (because Waterson retired) and replaced it with some new unknown comic called "Dilbert". The letters to the editor pages were flooded with people screaming about how the editors should be fired for gross incompetence, because the new comic was obviously completely unfunny, poorly drawn garbage.

I think its good idea tho, but who actually waits that long to get this horse for 150k DQs if the can buy a mount with same speed before reaching it.

i mean if its just for low levels to get a decent mount for free...would any of them wait and farm that long to get one? just curious..
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I want the lion mount in the DQ points rewards >:(
    Frankie, work on it. >:(
  • awesoem
    awesoem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ok many people are QQing over the loss of Medals of Glory to get Rank 9 Gear.

But this is good for PWI because players is forced to cashshop to buy R9 which means more profit for them. (Good business? I say so) /sarcasm.

Never mind that you could've increased the price of the medals, but rather just remove them completely so that those of us who do not want to spend hundreds of dollars are forced without Rank 9 gear.

Now here's what really bothers me. Say when the DQ system was introduced they had included an ugly golden horse for 150k DQ points. I do not think many people would've complained then and not many people would've bought it. The thing that really ticks people off is when GM's use the word "exclusive" and instead add a overpriced mount that isn't even maxed speed!!! For 150k DQ points you could get "cooler" looking mount. Not to mention that even an mentally challenged person could see that this mount took about 5 minutes of actual development. Take a *** brown horse and then paint it gold.

P.S. Admins do you have a second real job? Because I refuse to believe that you could spend 7/8 hours a day at the office developing this game and come out with such stupid ideas.

Developer 1: Hmm we removed the medals of glory, and now many people won't buy items from the DQ page.

Developer 2: I know a way to fix this! They will not be able to resist this item.

Developer 1: Oh... what is it? You are fired if it requires too much work on my part.

Developer 2: *looks around nervously* Well... we could add a mount to the shop at a very high price.

Developer 1: *yawns* Ok what kind of mount? How do we make sure that it isn't too OP.

Developer 2: Well what we do is take a brown horse and then paint it gold and to make sure it isn't too OP we give it speed 10 m/s. The players are so stupid they won't even notice how much work we put into it b:thanks

Developer 1: *after a long pause as Developer 1 is distracted by a passing butterfly* OMG OMG OMG OMFG ! I love it!!! Let's do it!!

Developer 2: *sigh of relief* Phew, yes well this diploma (highschool graduation) just isn't for show. I know what I'm doing. By the way what time is it? I feel like I've been working for hours.

Developer 1: 9:02, you worked hard today, why don't you take the day off and come back on monday with some fresh ideas.

Developer 2: Yes almost 1 hour work today. Phew I am beat. See you on Monday. =) We're the best developers known to existence.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    I want the lion mount in the DQ points rewards >:(
    Frankie, work on it. >:(

Grim...get me a chocobo mount b:nosebleed
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah I'll be getting the golden steed mount when I reach 150k dq points...it's sure as hell better than the demon/sage item that gives you 50 event gold on over priced items..and not to mention old overpriced items,nothing current..for example..nakirs judgement is like 50+ event gold lol...I wasted my dq on that junk, I sure wish I knew the medals at the time were glitches cause I probably would have jumped on the band wagon of the currupt and sold them as well.

But yeah I'll get my horse.

You people cry about the dumbest things...the devs don't have to do the dq rewards you know...
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    But yeah I'll get my horse.

You people cry about the dumbest things...the devs don't have to do the dq rewards you know...

o.o you should rather keep your DQ, cause i think they will add something better to the list.

And as for dq rewards.... They reduced the DQ prices by 25% cause the chinese server is overflowed with bots and farmers.
    International version didnt had this problem so they made this up as a compensation.

sure they didnt had to do it, yet its a GOOD compensation for a punishment (reduced prices) that we are not responsible off.
    i dont say remove the pet blabla i want something better. i just say..its pee colored...so i m waiting for something better b:laugh
  • Ashai - Dreamweaver
    Ashai - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Look at my dq points, now look at yours, back to mine! Sadly, they aren't mine. But, if they were you could have this shiny new dq reward!

I'm on a horse.

But in all seriousness, I might wait until they come out in botique, it'd be easier and cheaper then. I actually do like the horse, though, even if it is just another skin.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Functionality-wise, you're right, other mounts are just as fast as the Golden Steed. What makes this Steed special is actually its design and exclusivity, being that one, it was made by China specifically for us, and two, it can only be obtained through the DQ shop. No other mount in the game shares these traits.

This reminds me of when I won the Bulbfish for the Wiki contest and there were only like 6 on the server. EatWithSpoons said that it was going to be the new Goldmane, and would only be available through contests, ect. Two months later, it's in the boutique. Now it shows up almost weekly in the auction. (EatWithSpoons later deleted his post that stated this and edited it out of the following posts that referred to it.)

No offense frankie, I'm not calling you a liar, but we have perfectly good reasons to not believe a word of this.

BTW, I purchased an extra bulbfish since they are now only 8m in catshops. Yeah, that's a rare mount allright.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's likely that the GMs believed it but it just happened otherwise. A GM also said gear would never be in the boutique IIRC. Rank sale was pretty blatant ******* of that statement..

I mean why would people want to be branded as liars? PWI's higher ups probably took sales in directions that even their own GMs were not expecting.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Functionality-wise, you're right, other mounts are just as fast as the Golden Steed. What makes this Steed special is actually its design and exclusivity, being that one, it was made by China specifically for us, and two, it can only be obtained through the DQ shop. No other mount in the game shares these traits.
    frankieraye

You make one hell-of-a pitchman for "them". Trying to selling us on a another useless item that contribute absolutely nothing to our "my" gaming. It did make me laugh like hell when I saw that horse in there with the amount of points needed for it. You can go ahead and keep that horse for yourself. It's a newbie sucker item for sure.

I must thank you for that Mysterious Chip Sale. Chips turned up on catshops cheap enough for me to stock up and now can afford a few goodies from the Mysterious Merchant for TT gear. Then it's: "Nirvana, here I come for my end game gear"

Figured you were losing money with the Medals in the DQ system, well try this on for size... no Medals of Glory for DQ points = NO R-9 gear for any of my 4 PC's. I for one, will not spend $25.00 per medal when you have your sales on then. I'll leave that for all the "kiddies" that have mommy's credit card.

The only thing and I do mean the only thing that had any real gaming value in the DQ point system were those Medals of Glory. As for the rest, as compensation for the reduced "Sell to NPC" prices... nothing but available in-game overpriced junk.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It's likely that the GMs believed it but it just happened otherwise. A GM also said gear would never be in the boutique IIRC. Rank sale was pretty blatant ******* of that statement..

I mean why would people want to be branded as liars? PWI's higher ups probably took sales in directions that even their own GMs were not expecting.
    I remember when gold was around 200k each that Xarfox made a thread that said that they were carefully monitoring gold prices and that gold was going to go down soon.

A couple months later anniversary packs came out and well... we all know how that went.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    welp i for one dont like pk and dont give a flying fruit loop for tw...and i can tank every boss in this game so rank 9 gears are nothing but a friggin waste of coin and/or time...so medals are completely useless and nirvana gears are just about useless also...you dont need those gears at all, I mean face it the game is over with by the time you get to lvl 102 or 103...unless you like mindlessly doing the same dailys and bh's over and over again with a few ff runs thrown in for good measure you might as well start a new toon because its pointless after that unless they fix the exp and remove the lvl cap and thrown something to continue the game on for people over 102

i mean sage quests after 101 just stop and cant be finished...ie the Circle quest...whjere ya have to kill a boss that isnt even ingame right now

demon quests ya get at lvl 101 that make ya get 5 special mats that are quests rewards but ya only get 3 quests that give ya the rewards....if youre lucky you might find someone selling the one ya need because they cant finish it either :p

so gimmie the horse to play with, the medals are useless unless ya pk or tw...
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Someone hitler those cats, they are so ugly b:sweat
This discussion has been closed.