Delta is Broken

2»

Comments

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just tossing this in... if you haven't tried spawn point... It is sooo much fun. And way faster. :D

Full delta spawn point only takes like an hour and 45 minutes. It's kind of funny to do a huge AoE on the 10 or so bestowels at the end and see major drops and coins lying around.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just tossing this in... if you haven't tried spawn point... It is sooo much fun. And way faster. :D

Never tryd that before lol.

Sounds fun
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2011

any guide or tips?
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Entering rebirth and not being able to log in again is the worst of delta "bugs". The others you can circumvent if being careful. The worst part is that delta isn't a challenge anymore for players with the gear that is used nowadays. Ppl do full delta without cleric at spawnpoint already. Whats the point of this? Game needs more content than 2 new classes, runecrafting and guildbase.
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    With the quality of today's average player, most can't even finish their own BHs.

The easily available cheap fairly OP gear makes up for the lack of skills in most cases.
  • _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver
    _Yukari_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Love delta just for the coins <3
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Someone always disconnects offline in this game. Quest failed. Delta Fail.
    Delta Broken.Alot of things broken. PWI broken since July 2008. We still in Beta stage 1

Fixed
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hey your the guy whos been trolling the class forums with REALLY dumb threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I would imagine casters/seekers being useless at spawn point runs since aps players would get the mobs before they could do anything.

The thing that slows down normal delta is holding bosses for bean digging. Just bring in a mystic or seeker, and that really isn't even needed.
    The worst part is that delta isn't a challenge anymore for players with the gear that is used nowadays. Ppl do full delta without cleric at spawnpoint already. Whats the point of this? Game needs more content than 2 new classes, runecrafting and guildbase.
    There's no other content that can be made with the current gears except pvp. Players would smash any pve instance just as easily.

The most difficult thing about delta is finding a barb that is willing to do a full run, at least on dreamweaver.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    any guide or tips?

Well usually I set up on the little purple tiled part maybe 10 meters from the actual spawn. There are a few waves that will spawn behind bb as well, so the DDs need to be aware of that so cleric won't die. I ran a spawn point once with a barb who wouldn't aggro anything before it came to the bb. I ended up dying 3 or 4 times and finally got 1ked. :/
    But don't do it if your squad can't handle not having auras, because there is no way to have them. The big advantage is time. You can do a spawn point full delta in almost half the time of a regular one. No waiting for mobs to run all the way to the beginning, no holding the bosses for beans, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    this is something new to me i havent heard of before. what is this spawn point delta you speak of?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was doing a full delta for my 4th map this past weekend and... it was a horrible, terrible experience.

We dig all the beans, we set all the auras, and we finish wave 3. We're ready to sit back, relax, and finish the delta when........

Revenge: Sorry, I gotta go
    Me: Stop trolling
    Revenge: No really, I have to go

Revenge has left the squad.

Mission: Fight for love, FAILED

So we go back in, reset the instance. We're on the second wave 2 boss, just finished digging all the beans. We town port back and talk to the pillar and go in and kill the second boss when...

Veno: Uhm, I accidentally talked to the wrong pillar
    Veno: I'm in 1k

Epic rage ensued.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary
    SQUISHKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I would imagine casters/seekers being useless at spawn point runs since aps players would get the mobs before they could do anything.
    How would being able to take down one mob fast be an advantage over smb who can deal great dmg to all of those mobs, continuosly; especially when the mobs are elite & during later stages each would require about my full spark to kill.
    So far as I've seen & heard, seekers are very good for delta. BP + their aoe = win

The thing that slows down normal delta is holding bosses for bean digging. Just bring in a mystic or seeker, and that really isn't even needed.
    I'm a bit confused about how it would make runs faster if you bring i na seeker or mystic Vs other older classes?
    The thing that slows down delta is waiting for the mobs & bosses to come from the spawn point to the eye area where most squads set up.
  • ZDaniel - Heavens Tear
    ZDaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is no need to dig beans if u have a rainbow squad...hell no need even for veno/other class to run quests.....just use the 4 quests u get for the rainbow squad and the beans from chests and u will have all the auras u need to finish. And it takes only about 2h to do it this way. The only thing that sucks in rb is that sometimes when u port in people get a sht bug that dc's u and for the next 3+ minutes u can't log in. The 1k thing was a problem in the old days when we didn;t have OP genies ...now if u get 1k'd either u don't know how to play u'r class or u just have a sht party!!!
    b:bye
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is no need to dig beans if u have a rainbow squad...hell no need even for veno/other class to run quests.....just use the 4 quests u get for the rainbow squad and the beans from chests and u will have all the auras u need to finish. And it takes only about 2h to do it this way. The only thing that sucks in rb is that sometimes when u port in people get a sht bug that dc's u and for the next 3+ minutes u can't log in. The 1k thing was a problem in the old days when we didn;t have OP genies ...now if u get 1k'd either u don't know how to play u'r class or u just have a sht party!!!
    b:bye

Or no Barb.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm a bit confused about how it would make runs faster if you bring i na seeker or mystic Vs other older classes?

Have you been in a delta with either one? The only way you can run as efficiently as them is if you had 3 +10 DDs and a badass BM/barb with you.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Have you been in a delta with either one? The only way you can run as efficiently as them is if you had 3 +10 DDs and a badass BM/barb with you.

Kitty is badass! No but seriously, delta is such a joke nowdays, I rarely ticked my charm when my hp was OP 15k! lol. With genie, demon sunder, I wont lose aggro, basically ever, unless we got average DDs & 1 R9 or some similar situation. Now I need demon roar and arma, why? The freaking R9s still take aggro on waves from time to time =(.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was in a full delta run for cultivation last weekend, and on stage 9 our barbarian got stunned (he had been chatting too much, he said) and 1k'd, and we lost someone else with him, but then we managed to cope and we were doing ok, but we conservatively went to 1k to pick them up.

On the way back in our two damage dealers got the force log bug (where you get disconnected and cannot force log for three minutes), and we failed. I had already had an open ticket on some problems with delta, so I added information about this incident to my bug report...

They had me update my graphics drivers. And, it turns out nVidia had released a very recent update for my card. I have not tried a delta run since then, but I am willing to believe that this bug can be triggered by something wrong on my system.

I think that the whole "force log does not work" thing means that something bizarre is wrong on the servers -- in my opinion, force log should work and if it does not work that means that it is buggy -- but I am also willing to believe that something was wrong with my drivers. (Parties that I was in would get that bug a LOT -- the previous weekend we took nearly two hours to start delta because we got hit by that force log bug so many times).

Anyways, I imagine I will eventually be finding out if that delta force log bug keeps happening...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I was in a full delta run for cultivation last weekend, and on stage 9 our barbarian got stunned (he had been chatting too much, he said) and 1k'd, and we lost someone else with him, but then we managed to cope and we were doing ok, but we conservatively went to 1k to pick them up.

On the way back in our two damage dealers got the force log bug (where you get disconnected and cannot force log for three minutes), and we failed. I had already had an open ticket on some problems with delta, so I added information about this incident to my bug report...

They had me update my graphics drivers. And, it turns out nVidia had released a very recent update for my card. I have not tried a delta run since then, but I am willing to believe that this bug can be triggered by something wrong on my system.

I think that the whole "force log does not work" thing means that something bizarre is wrong on the servers -- in my opinion, force log should work and if it does not work that means that it is buggy -- but I am also willing to believe that something was wrong with my drivers. (Parties that I was in would get that bug a LOT -- the previous weekend we took nearly two hours to start delta because we got hit by that force log bug so many times).

Anyways, I imagine I will eventually be finding out if that delta force log bug keeps happening...

Why would your video drivers cause other people to be DC'd while porting in? The problem is most definitely a fault in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html