"Genesis" quests for existing chars?

Options
Yindra - Sanctuary
Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Well, when I took a break a little while back, "Genesis" was advertised but not ready yet (at least I think it's the one). Apparently it's out now.

So, back when they added the walking sushi, they also added a few quests for existing players. Didn't finish them (still stuck at General Feng...), didn't even remember the story when I was still playing since I was stuck at the General since sometime around the dawn of time. Still, they tried to add bits for existing players.

So, is there "stuff to do" for existing characters with the Genesis update, besides making new chars or running new dungeons (neither of these concerns me in any way)?

Some quests in the new areas that are still available at lvl 82, and soloable, even if it's a chain that I won't be able to complete (there's enough of these already, including all that cultivation and access-to-new-areas stuff --- I'm used to it when it comes to Perfect World :-))? Hm... and if so, will these show up in the quest tracker?

Come to think of it, not sure whether a few quests would be worth it (it's going to take some time to get used to the game again before I can do anything), but it won't be all that much of a loss if turns out to be not worth it :-)
Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
Post edited by Yindra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, there's a bunch of quests you can get. =\

Most aren't worth it if you have a character over 80 though, as far as I've seen. =\
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Honourless - Heavens Tear
    Honourless - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Let me put it this way,genesis(apart from the 2 classes) was **** pure and simple,that includes the quests.
    How to be pro at all recent COD games,lay claymore behind you at exit to room,lie down and shoot anyone coming in front door,rinse and repeat.
    Host advantage get you killed?Never fear,with a 50% chance of spawning in behind your killer revenge will surely be yours.
    Can't aim for ****?Never fear.aim assist and cursor magnetism!
    Best of all,after a few kills the game will play itself and bump your k/d to new highs with its killstreaks system!
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    they are good for those under that level, though. and i wouldnt sneeze at the element stones you can get from the oxen in one of the quests...good for building up DQ points! i have my lv66cleric doing the quests down there, as a break from the bloody aweful Swamp. im visually impaired, and most places in the game are not a problem...but that damn green mist..whose big idea was it to put it back?! the place is dismal enough, but to make it dismal AN hard to see in...bleahb:shocked

Yeah, there's a bunch of quests you can get. =\

Most aren't worth it if you have a character over 80 though, as far as I've seen. =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    There's no story behind them, but divine contract quests are good. They give free money and pots if you're lucky.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I did all the new quests on mara got about .2% lol and about 3% on my lvl 72 sin soo meh all in all the New quests suck for the higher lvlsb:bye

made a seeker about 3 days ago and she didnt leave the new area intill she was about lvl 27 or so and playing catch up on quests ever since
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    There's no story behind them, but divine contract quests are good. They give free money and pots if you're lucky.

Agreed, but some of them are just a pain. I often get blue quests to kill 10 of a mob that has a single spawn in Disaster. Really annoying, especially if the mob is deeper in. The rewards are good though, especially the purple quests, thoguh some of them are a pain. I'm currently stuck on a purple quest to kill the Obsidian Queen Ant. My boyfriend(lvl 94 sin) went and tried to solo it the other day, and was 3-shotted)would have been 2-shotted without his charm)
    So it is interesting to see that the new areas have mobs/bosses that are meant for higher lvl chars.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So, is there "stuff to do" for existing characters with the Genesis update, besides making new chars or running new dungeons (neither of these concerns me in any way)?

We have some things to do, but most of the stuff has not been released yet:
    Kantorek wrote: »
    Coming Soon!
    Even though this is a hefty expansion, there is still more to come! Here are some things to look forward to:

Updated DQ Rewards and new ways of earning DQ points
    New Holiday Events!
    New Daily Events!
    Updates to the Marriage Couples Quest <3
    Extra perks for being married!
    Actual bug fixes!
    ..and (the obligatory) much much more!

Of course, I do not know how much content that will be, that they held back, and I cannot find the actual post that I was thinking of, that I wanted to quote -- this patch note does suggest, however, that they held something back.