Seeker vs Sword BM?

Options
J_Tiger - Sanctuary
J_Tiger - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I made a seeker because I'm liking swords ^^ But I wanna know who's better? A sword BM or a Seeker? Keep in mind, I'm on Lost City so I intend to PK a bit. I don't expect to beast (tis why I got my sin ) but I notice theirs not to many great skills with the seeker. Which class is better off with a sword? A seeker or sword BM?
Post edited by J_Tiger - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seeker hands down.

Sword BMs are horrible in PvP. Yes, I'm aware of Myriad and Flash are the two hardest hitting skills, but if you max myriad or even get flash your do not know how to spend your money. Sword BMs cannot even compare to the damage of a multipath BM. *ZOMG* Myriad decreases their attack in half, how is it not OP? Your a dam bm, your a tank and a dd dang it. *ZOMG* I can hit from 15 meters away and I can knocok you back.. no.

EDIT: Especially since Firelotus is the only zerk sword and it is a g11, that obviously gives the battle to the Seeker since rank 9 seeker is god like damage against a sage p marrow bm.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm a bm duh cuz a sword bm could still use other weapons and not be dragged down by only being able to use one weapon. *cough* seeker
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm a bm duh cuz a sword bm could still use other weapons and not be dragged down by only being able to use one weapon. *cough* seeker

*cough* i saw the thread name say *cough* sword BM
    not *cough* multi weapon *cough* BM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *cough* i saw the thread name say *cough* sword BM
    not *cough* multi weapon *cough* BM

a multi weapon bm is still a sword bm when he has a sword equipped is he not? its the same thing lol
    edited March 2011
    Options
    a multi weapon bm is still a sword bm when he has a sword equipped is he not? its the same thing lol

*cough* it's just to compare Sword only BM with Seeker *cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *cough* it's just to compare Sword only BM with Seeker *cough*

and any sword only bm can still use other weapons -_-
    which makes a sword bm better
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and any sword only bm can still use other weapons -_-
    which makes a sword bm better

*cough* alright alright *cough* you win !! yay . . congratulations you are the winner . . an idol !! (b:faint)
    I prefer ArchSaber post tough by a lot . . *cough* somehow you made me cough a lot . . (b:shocked)
    It's not good . . (b:surrender)
    And look my avatar is bm .. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shouske
    shouske Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    *cough ~ fails

this is the wrong place to be talking about pvp. this should go go under "pvp pondering" btw cough* a sword bm hands down cuz i luv myriad 2 much tho the seekers aoe skills look beast :D and bm's have betters stuns. cough* damn must be the flu season. b:bye
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yall should quit smoking.

*cough*
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    do you guys even know a pure Bm sword ??? becouse i really dont remeber to see any from back in the days i was 60, now we all are multipath
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    do you guys even know a pure Bm sword ??? becouse i really dont remeber to see any from back in the days i was 60, now we all are multipath

there is a pure sword bm on DW. he doesnt use any other weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    My main BM was 100% pure sword till lvl 63 or so when I met my wife who suggested I go fist since my dex was already on its good way anyway and to catch up with the craze...

I did, but then still leveled all other paths, some are not maxed though *cough* spear *cough* and had to buy a reset note to drop vit quite a bit to have enough str for axes.. anyway..

Yet to try Seeker. I see a few in my faction getting owned by magic mobs witch led me to think... PvE wise, do seeker have a magic cancel move ? (Barb have alacarity, bm's have the kick) or if I raise a seeker should I get a genie move like earthquake or hmm..i think lighning chaser that disrupts ?

Right off the bat though on topic.. I think seeker > pure sword bm .

Seems to have more moves, ( BM's lose like 12 if they dont multi-path, but seeker's skill tree is smaller)
  • Fumidzuki - Sanctuary
    Fumidzuki - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it depends.. from a range scenario, seeker can get the upper hand.. but when it gets upclose, bm can stun more efficiently than a seeker.. so it depends.. -.-
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    there is a pure sword bm on DW. he doesnt use any other weapon.
    two pure sword BMs*

Though I'm not a PvPer at all, so I'll probably never see how well I'd do.

Oh and *hands everyone ITT a cough drop*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary
    Eyeofthtiger - Sanctuary Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There's a pure sword BM on sanctuary who's PKing. I must say it sucks really hard -_-

Pure sword BM vs Seeker = Seeker wins EASY
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There no longer pure sword, but there is two on Lost City i can name, and the one who switches to his 9x legendary fist, i yell at everytime in NV and he becomes a good boy and goes back to his NV sword =p. The other one still uses his 90 zerk sword in pvp.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It just depends really. .-. I'd probably have to say seeker if you want to use absolutely nothing but swords 100% of the time purely for increase in skills.
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    two pure sword BMs*

Though I'm not a PvPer at all, so I'll probably never see how well I'd do.

Oh and *hands everyone ITT a cough drop*

You'll notice the higher level you get the worse it gets. AoE grinding with axes > all. Fist DPS on bosses > all.
    This is from a BM with a TT90 Gold sword +6 and all his sword demon skills. Swords really need a re-vamp imo. BUT! Atmos Strike seems to be my hardest hitting skill out of everything, even beating out Highland Cleave. Although, it is not an AoE.
    I was sword/axe for a long time, but turned to fists/axe into my 90's.
    Swords can be good PvP, depends who you're fighting really. But axes tend to dominate all the other weapon paths because of drake bash and the ability to stun lock. Switching in between weapons works also, but it takes a lot of practice to stun lock while using multiple weapons.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm why would someone even be a sword BM anyways? The point of a BM is that you aren't limited to just swords.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    erm, seeker is better with "swords only" because they were made for "swords only"
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ummm why would someone even be a sword BM anyways? The point of a BM is that you aren't limited to just swords.

because they want to be true to the name of the class, and dont think axes and scythes are bladey enough. there is no other reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    o.o Skipped several pages of blather...

It's kinda simple. BM's strength lies in using multiple weapons (my BM has fists, two sets of axes, two swords, a poleblade, AND a bow... for pulling when I don't want to AOE :P), depending on the situation. Axe for AOE, and AOE stun, Pole for ranged AOE and ranged stun (if that one is not quite correct, take mercy, I have NO pole skills on my BM b:surrender), sword is for (my opinion) short ranged lure and 1v1 on mobs, and finally, fist is good for canceling channeling and 1v1 with a mob.

A BM CAN specialize in the lower levels to just use axe, and stat more points into Vit, and do a Tank build. An Axe only BM can also stat more into Str for a high skill damage AOE build. Or, you can put some into Str for axe, some into dex for fists, still wear HA, choose to wear LA if you want, and have the ability to equip anything from Axes to fists.

My POINT is... If you are doing a Sword BM build... You really are missing on 3/4 of a BM's capability. HF is a key skill for a BM. Some of the BM's skills are non-specialized, including the base stun and some AOE's, but those are kinda long in the tooth by level 60. If you have any clue what you're doing, even a Fist/Axe BM can tank in the lower levels, lowish HP aside.

Seeker, by contrast, can only use swords (much to my MASSIVE QQ). You cannot even equip a freaking bow on a Seeker. Each and every one of the Seeker's skills is based upon the class having a sword equipped (a Claymore is a kind of sword). So, you have no real reason to experiment with oddball builds, except maybe LA vs HA builds. What irks me is that they cannot use magic swords... Which effectively eliminates an Arcane build option. >_> That would actually be quite epic on the class, if magic swords worked with their skills... So... This thread is comparing a gimped BM to a non-gimped Seeker. In PVE, a Fist/Axe BM should be about equal to a Seeker of the same level (uh, probably not though... Balance isn't PW's Forte). A Sword only BM vs a Seeker... The BM would be massively gimped compared to the Seeker, because you've got a few base skills, 1 single spark sword skill, a knock back, a ranged skill, and a double spark sword skill, and that's it, vs all of the Seeker's skills.

Seeker vs Sword BM? Seeker hands down.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ultimately even though we still barely know anything about them, and that we all are learning what skills a seeker should use, I would definitely have to say that a seeker is hands down the better of the two, that you asked us about.

Sure what the person said about sword bms using other weapons that are equipped is technically true, they still need to learn the other skills and max them out to get better use out of the weapons, aside from fists/claws.

From what we know a seeker with his sword equip actually has several aoes at his or her disposal. Not to mention that it also attacks with a magic based add on to some of its attacks which allows it to hit a lot harder then sword bm's even if they (bms) use their skills, seekers hit's a lot more often too.

The sword bms skills are VERY situational, and you have to be extremely careful when you use atmos strike due to it's knockback, which doesn't even work in pvp. The myraid sword stance is also very situational, and can be used to save the squad from wiping... the 50% magical/physical attack reduction, can save, but really for 2 sparks it may be best to use other skills. Mage bane (one spark), well the -50% channeling can be useful, but also very situational, and ultimately a skill that is only useful in one on one pvp fights against a magic user, and it only lasts 8 seconds max, but can become an area of effect if you go demon, not that useful in my opinion. As for spirit chaser... well it is nice that it is ranged, but it's channel, and damage are quite... sub-par, especially compared to what a seeker can do.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You'll notice the higher level you get the worse it gets. AoE grinding with axes > all. Fist DPS on bosses > all.
    You have NO idea how many times I've heard that. :<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Roland_ - Archosaur
    Roland_ - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    seeker vs any bm type + 1 edged blur+ dead bm
    seeker vs any bm type + heart seeker then gemini slash= dead bm

... a seeker is best with a sword and in pvp/duels bm's should just avoid us... even if you can stun at lvl 79 it means nothing due to the buff we get that gets rid of it and gives back 40% hp

only real problem for a seeker is a mage getting the drop on you in pk
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Problem that people are missing, is general skill in PvP, when using a BM, if your a good one at that, you can destroy anyone especially if your gear is up to par against someone similar, even with swords, they still got 2 stuns, both of there sprints, there leap skills, there marrows, diamond sutra, if its a good BM that knows what there doing VS your average seeker player, the BM should still win as spamming skills in this situation doesn't = win, its general knowledge of your class, of course that's untill end game cash shop +10/12 gear comes into play, but till then, its who ever can play there class right in the pvp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Clavier - Dreamweaver
    Clavier - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *sighs*

Sword bm techniques are more geared towards dealing with caster classes and lowering damages, or increasing channeling times. As per typical, if a bm can get their hands on their opponent, and is competent in their skills, they are quite able to fend off any class. However their attacks are non-elemental with swords, nor do they posess the rapid attack required to soften up a heavy armor class with fists.

A Seeker, on the other hand posesses long range metal skills, and are in heavy armor.

here's how the skill only fight would possibly go down:

BM > Will > Roar > Bane > Myriad SS > Attempt Aeolian blade/smack > APS

Seeker > Edged Blur > Get stunned > Quid pro Quo (effectively lowering the BM's attack and channeling) > Heart seeker > APS or kite attack til Stance proc > Use skill associated with stance (gemini/Parched blade (if using Gemini stop reading here if using Parched blade keep reading)) > Metal attack.

BM > counters with Magic marrow > Stuns > Chi build to use Diamond

Seeker > Vortex or if using Soul Sever Minuet > Blade affinity >Gemini

BM > attempt to use Diamond/phys marrow, but its too late and they're dead <.<;;

Scenario 2: All weapon BM Vs Seeker

BM > Will > Smack > Roar > *fists* Bolt > APS > Spark > APS > Stun > Spark > APS

Seeker Edged blur > Wait for stun to go away if still alive > Kite > get caught in Bolt > Quid pro quo > Void step > Metal harass until either dead or bm is dead.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I haven't seen a 100+ BM using sword as main weapon since like 2009...

Do they even exist anymore b:puzzled
  • DeathMethod - Harshlands
    DeathMethod - Harshlands Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    b:avoid Ya Seekers suck <- Dont look at my picture by the way b:bye
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Someone should compare Barbs against pure axe/hammer BMs now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]