Seeker vs Sword BM?

2»

Comments

• KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I haven't seen a 100+ BM using sword as main weapon since like 2009...

Do they even exist anymore b:puzzled

The random guy that won the free lvs in LC... b:surrender Forgot name.. he uses sword n poleaxe..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • TekkOneStylz - Harshlands
    TekkOneStylz - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    oh please. bms have 4 weapon paths for a reason. Ignoring 3 other weapon paths is just ridiculous. Each weapon has different unique skills that may come into use at certain times and to not have that certain skill when that time comes up means ur pretty much handicapped in comparison to how the situation coulda been handled.

there are no sub-classes in this game all ur doing is throwing away half ur ability.
    all weapon bm's are most effective 3str 2dex . This whole story about being 1 shotted by bosses if u have no vit is overrated. Ive never witnessed this unless we're talking about some idiot who tries soloing harpy wraith straight out of character creation or some nonsense fighting bosses he has no business with lol .

Added note:

part of the reason Seekers were probably even created could have been because of the lack of distinct role that swords had in the first place in comparison to the Axe's and Fists which everyone's grandmother's goldfish's @ss uses now. But then again pw lacks creativity when it comes to making new things

Conclusion : choose Seeker if u only wanna use swords
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Motorcycle.... U MAD?
  • Julian - Dreamweaver
    Julian - Dreamweaver Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    part of the reason Seekers were probably even created could have been because of the lack of distinct role that swords had in the first place in comparison to the Axe's and Fists which everyone's grandmother's goldfish's @ss uses now. But then again pw lacks creativity when it comes to making new things
    Sad thing is, polearms are even less used. Even the devs are ignoring them. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dante_Roxas - Dreamweaver
    Dante_Roxas - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ok to be honest a multi bm would probally lose against the same lvl seeker, i say this because i have fought a well suited 93 bm vs me (TT80 gear some sharded) he had full tt90 sharded, it was a good fight but seekers mix of metal and physical, which makes marrow pretty much useless cause it leaves a huge opening for a devastating strike and with Gemini slash and blade affinity+stance would be a instant kill almost and stuns wont affect a sage seeker =) switch stances and can stun every 8 secs with a seeker but most people dont relize that cause they dont really know the class that well, Ive played my seeker from the start (no alt fc) so i acually learned how to play my charater unlike most peeps nowadays. in end a seeker is a Amazing PvP class and most people underestimate them cause they are limited to one weapon and they dont have high aps, just so people know nowadays its all about aps and blah blah, Not every character has to have high aps to be badass, its about knowing your character and knowing what to use and when to use it.

P.s i have beating 3 aps sins at 90 with lil effort so keep that in mind seekers arnt push overs like most people think =)
  • TekkOneStylz - Harshlands
    TekkOneStylz - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ok to be honest a multi bm would probally lose against the same lvl seeker, i say this because i have fought a well suited 93 bm vs me (TT80 gear some sharded) he had full tt90 sharded, it was a good fight but seekers mix of metal and physical, which makes marrow pretty much useless cause it leaves a huge opening for a devastating strike and with Gemini slash and blade affinity+stance would be a instant kill almost and stuns wont affect a sage seeker =) switch stances and can stun every 8 secs with a seeker but most people dont relize that cause they dont really know the class that well, Ive played my seeker from the start (no alt fc) so i acually learned how to play my charater unlike most peeps nowadays. in end a seeker is a Amazing PvP class and most people underestimate them cause they are limited to one weapon and they dont have high aps, just so people know nowadays its all about aps and blah blah, Not every character has to have high aps to be badass, its about knowing your character and knowing what to use and when to use it.

P.s i have beating 3 aps sins at 90 with lil effort so keep that in mind seekers arnt push overs like most people think =)

Ok Duels r different to Pking. In pk anything goes, Genies, Charms, Pots. Where as in Dueling using genies is considered ''cheating''. And ur arguement about stuns will have no effect on a sage seeker?... lol y because of sage unfretter? which from wut i just read only makes u immune to stun for 4 seconds. and Last Stand is a flawed skill since u can only use it at 40% hp. Its no suprise that you can beat a sin in a ''duel'' when ur both ready but in open pk ur not gonna have a chance to ''sage unfretter'' before their first attack when they catch u completely off guard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Motorcycle.... U MAD?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I haven't seen a 100+ BM using sword as main weapon since like 2009...

Do they even exist anymore b:puzzled

No, they all re-rolled seekers.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Dante_Roxas - Dreamweaver
    Dante_Roxas - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i have open pked and the intial stun doesnt really matter to me i can take the hits and end as the winner but what i was saying with the stun bm you can see a bm coming and any one who is in Pk knows the first thing a BM goes for is his stun plain and simple