edited April 2011
    Options
    Pfft, you don't know me well ;)

that is too bad D:
  • Yoruichi_Ky - Dreamweaver
    Yoruichi_Ky - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Okay I gave every one more week to drop Names so here is the new revamed List:
    Each Suit goes Ace-10,Jack,Queen,King:
    <3-<3-<3-Spades-8>-8>-8>
    1. DrAgOOnZ ...........7. Veins
    2. Aubree................8. Satchiko
    3. Zanryu................9. Q
    4. BaldwinBoy.........10. Chezedude
    5. Ajay..................11. Wizzard
    6. Larkray..............12. Binky
    ..........13.Magiere...................
    <><><>Diamonds<><><>
    14. AnnaKay...........20. Er_Nai
    15. Seraphim..........21. swordsman
    16. MiniGod.............22. Peenice
    17. TEMPL/\R...........23.Skippy
    18. Illyana................24. Escorian
    19. SkyFi..................25.HaloAngel
    ............26. ProGrinder...............
    8>8>8>Hearts<3<3<3
    27. FatherTed............33. Elendia
    28. Tryanny...............34. Lecutus
    29. Qultor..................35. xCurse
    30. Mage_Fizban........36. Supernova
    31. Meowmerz...........37. Q___Q
    32. SuperHebbe.........38. Wolfgang
    ...........39.Iron_ChefJr............
    +8-+8-+8- Clubs-8+-8+-8+
    40. Olee....................46. Wacky_Taffy
    41. _Raszagal_..........47. Xx_Zero_xX
    42. BlueEyeEmo.........48. Anarchy
    43. Ivy_.....................49. _Trixxy_
    44. Renere.................50. Baalbak
    45. Lightaine...............51. AngelA$
    ............52. Pedestrian ................
    Joker. Break dancing herc............Joker. Silly Chimei
    Before u start jumping on me about this list, these names were voted on, and dropped by the people that visited this thread. Thank u all.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Aww I am not on the 'list' anymore.... sadface. ;/

Oh well though. :) Not the end of the world, to some I will remain one of the better bm's to have played this game... PVE-Wise, and to others, a... noob who doesn't know **** at all. =x

Besides I hardly consider myself... so well knowned by everyone that people remember the name slivaf forever until pwi's dying day's, heck some of the people on the final list may very well have the same problem; however, if the deck gets published then some people may recognize the name regardless of how much pwi becomes a thing of the past for many of us. :) ^^

Happy gaming, and kick each other's *** on the battlefield, not via a battle of words, people's brains hurt too much when people try to act smart. =o ... or even clever.

=x If that didn't give you a headache... then go me! =x

Seriously people have fun gaming, it is after all just a 'list' everyone will have there own opinion on how... accurate they feel the list is... besides the OP didn't technically have much to work with.... as if I recall correctly not one person said "I vote for Ajay to be on the list" let alone any other name.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What about Chillum ( Wizard ) , ThanosQRs ( Psy ) ?

Also, Arog ( Archer ) has great PvE knowledge although he is not popular around.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    <3-<3-<3-Spades-8>-8>-8>
    1. DrAgOOnZ ...........7. Viens
    <><><>Diamonds<><><>
    8>8>8>Hearts<3<3<3
    +8-+8-+8- Clubs-8+-8+-8+
    40. Olee....................46. Lightaine
    41. _Raszagal_..........47. Wacky_Taffy
    42. Fizzle..................48. Xx_Zero_xX
    43. BlueEyeEmo.........49. Anarchy
    44. Ivy......................50. _Trixxy_
    45. Renerei...............51. AngelA$
    ............52. Balbak................
    Before u start jumping on me about this list, these names were voted on, and dropped by the people that visited this thread. Thank u all.

Ummm you have me listed at 30 and 42. And I agree with Kasumi.
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How exciting "I'm in da clubz."

b:cool
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Who voted? Where was the vote? Lol there are still a bunch of players on the list who have quit the game.

And why is my name so commonly misspelled? It's an actual, real word in the English language. :C
    :3
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    Elendria - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I guess skills = having the gear to faceroll your keyboard over your opponents.

btw your list is terrible Yoruichi. Some of the people you have correct though such as ajay, cheze, tieu, quiz, auka, etc. few other people. I admire people who i've seen are decent pker's before packs came out. I know this thread is about most renown, and not pking. But any decently old players would laugh at your list.

Yeah Kasumi I only joined the game after packs came out so I don't know how it was in the old days of the server, but that still must have been forever ago as I joined the game in July of 2009 and packs were already out.

To be fair, saying people nowerdays have only gear and no skill is not completely fair towards all. Sure there are some people lvling to 100 in 2 days and suddenly run around with rank9. But we are not talking about those.

Also if you remember most of those names listed had back then compared to the rest of the server also uber gear, cash shoped. I mean swordman had cashed gear, so did cheze., tieu, etc.. It would be unfair to say that back then it was "all" skill as I am sure most of them would have not been the names they were without the gear they got.

Also don't forget I am talking about the time "after" July of 2009 when packs were around. I don't know if those names also owned the server before they got their uber gear. I'm just stating what I saw after I joined this game.

And last but not least back then these names were one of the highest lvl names, its not like they went to OT and had 20 people of the same lvl with similar gear around them.

So it all has to be viewed in perspective.
  • Yoruichi_Ky - Dreamweaver
    Yoruichi_Ky - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    as i repeatedly said any time someone said a name on this thread it counted as a vote for that person on this thread. There i have spell check the list it was typing it up at 1 am sorry. If anyone sees anyone on the list that is an alt of someone already on the list please let me know. The alt will be removed and the list will be pushed up, as the list that u guys voted up came out to over 200 but this is a top 52. Thank you Mage_Fizban for letting me know u should see you r only on there once now.
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    as i repeatedly said any time someone said a name on this thread it counted as a vote for that person on this thread.

That's not a vote, that's a nomination. x:
  • Luckycat - Dreamweaver
    Luckycat - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I joined the game in July of 2009 and packs were already out.

The anni packs came out in Sep 2009 Elendria :)
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks Lucky b:chuckle my bad September 2009. b:surrender
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    <3-<3-<3-Spades-8>-8>-8>
    1. DrAgOOnZ ...........7. Veins
    <><><>Diamonds<><><>
    8>8>8>Hearts<3<3<3
    +8-+8-+8- Clubs-8+-8+-8+
    40. Olee....................46. Wacky_Taffy
    41. _Raszagal_..........47. Xx_Zero_xX
    42. BlueEyeEmo.........48. Anarchy
    43. Ivy_.....................49. _Trixxy_
    44. Renere.................50. Baalbak
    45. Lightaine...............51. AngelA$
    ............52. Pedestrian ................

Question(s):

1. Where was the poll?

2. More than half of that list is filled with people who either quite or switched servers (I'm looking at you cheze o.o). Why are they even being listed? Newer players won't know who the hell they are.

3. What exactly is the purpose of this list to begin with?

4. who the **** are you anyway?

5. Most importantly, why the **** am I not on that list? I've been around longer than most on that list! IMA HULK RAGE!!1 b:angry
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks Lucky b:chuckle my bad September 2009. b:surrender

Hai Ele b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hi Ted b:kiss see I follow you everywhere b:shocked

b:chuckle

btw Yoruichi you have my name spelled wrong
    it's Elendria not Elendia b:surrender
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so you want a picture of the players posted here for your deck of cards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    so you want a picture of the players posted here for your deck of cards?

Kind of creepy tbh. Although has the potential to be epic. I just want to see the product already.

Where were the votes anyway?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    also noticed number 49 is mispelled its _Trixy_
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hi Ted b:kiss see I follow you everywhere b:shocked

I should be so lucky b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Question(s):

1. Where was the poll?

2. More than half of that list is filled with people who either quite or switched servers (I'm looking at you cheze o.o). Why are they even being listed? Newer players won't know who the hell they are.

3. What exactly is the purpose of this list to begin with?

4. who the **** are you anyway?

5. Most importantly, why the **** am I not on that list? I've been around longer than most on that list! IMA HULK RAGE!!1 b:angry

Poll? idk

Cheze is on the list because he is epic. New players still join PWI and ask where cheze is... Just to find out he is on another server now.

Who cares if you dont know Yoruichi_Ky. You dont need to know her.

You are not on the list cause you havent made an impression on anyone in anyway apparently.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ^ :O

*pads post with content*
    yesterday I had the pleasure of an old piece of gear I crafted over a year ago returning home to the faction. it was a pair of level 64 3 star 3 socket bracers with -.05 interval. Sold it for 500k back then before 5.0 was all the rage. Fac mate bought em for 1 million.

anywho. on to the subject of skilled and well geared players vs. renown. Im absolutely certain theres a good deal of skilled players out there that know how to play their class well, but in the eyes of many would be considered as a "fail" or sub par player simply because of the fact that they cant afford the more expensive gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You're definitely missing two bms on your list that have been playing this game for as long as everybody else, have crazy gear and play their class absolutely outstanding, like them or not they are pro:

Triton and Xx_Zero_xX are both amazing bms. So these should be def added to your list there. And they are the only ones on the server with G15 Nirvy fists b:dirty
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im absolutely certain theres a good deal of skilled players out there that know how to play their class well, but in the eyes of many would be considered as a "fail" or sub par player simply because of the fact that they cant afford the more expensive gear.

b:thanks
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Triton and Xx_Zero_xX are both amazing bms. So these should be def added to your list there. And they are the only ones on the server with G15 Nirvy fists b:dirty

It's too bad G15 nirvy fists are absolutely horrendous in PVP, lol, especially the ones Triton has.
  • Kasumi - Dreamweaver
    Kasumi - Dreamweaver Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah Kasumi I only joined the game after packs came out so I don't know how it was in the old days of the server, but that still must have been forever ago as I joined the game in July of 2009 and packs were already out.

To be fair, saying people nowerdays have only gear and no skill is not completely fair towards all. Sure there are some people lvling to 100 in 2 days and suddenly run around with rank9. But we are not talking about those.

Also if you remember most of those names listed had back then compared to the rest of the server also uber gear, cash shoped. I mean swordman had cashed gear, so did cheze., tieu, etc.. It would be unfair to say that back then it was "all" skill as I am sure most of them would have not been the names they were without the gear they got.

Also don't forget I am talking about the time "after" July of 2009 when packs were around. I don't know if those names also owned the server before they got their uber gear. I'm just stating what I saw after I joined this game.

And last but not least back then these names were one of the highest lvl names, its not like they went to OT and had 20 people of the same lvl with similar gear around them.

So it all has to be viewed in perspective.

I recognize players on how well they can play their character. I wouldn't say players nowadays have only gear and no skills because that would be false. I'll take Auka for example. Our 1v1s would be so much fun since he knows exactly what to do as a BM, in pve and pvp. I couldn't say that for most "big name" players I've seen lately. The gear difference nowadays is so huge that the players who are getting recognition, I couldn't take them seriously.

People like AngelA$ and goons I would never take seriously. From the first time I've met her in OT close to a year ago, till last Thursday in tournament. I feel like her pk skills are still mediocre. But that doesn't matter because I was hitting both of them for 2k normal shots on a spark..with a +10 rank 8 bow. With their 15k+ hp and charm, those arrows only tickles them. I guess pvp is really balanced there.

I agree it's all perspective. This discussion is unnecessary since everyone will have different views. I'll just leave. :)
    Calamity
    Regenesis
    o_o.com

⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Didn't see myself listed anywhere, which is good. Haven't done anything to be well known as a wizzy xD

-goes back to ninja mode/leveling my stupid alt so i can be free of fc forever....stupid instance b:angryb:angry-
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You're definitely missing two bms on your list that have been playing this game for as long as everybody else, have crazy gear and play their class absolutely outstanding, like them or not they are pro:

I don't remember Triton being amazing. Auka was better imo.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I dont think its the gear and skills we should look at for the list shown tho. Alot of those names are known more for their world chat personality than their playing(WIch I guess is why a few of em still linger in my Black List), and some are simply Hall of Fame people Ive only seen a few times in the game since I started. When I look at the venos on list I kinda miss to see SkyFi. He is like the legend that made at least me want to be HA Veno, even tho I only saw him once. b:dirty
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinion about who should be on said list, I could recall over a dozen players who I felt were really good during the... prettier days of pwi. Hell I could probably name out over 100 people that really know their class, and were known by quite a few people then, but as for now I am sure the number of people who even recall me... has dwindled down to a small fraction of the people who did know me/liked taking me on runs.

Ok enough reminiscing back to the point. The point I was rambling on about is that there is far simply too many people to even recall... let alone name that know how to play there class, and were well known in pve or pvp. Too some skill is more determined by their (the person being named) ability in pvp, to others it depends on how well they can use their skills in a pve setting to make things go smoother. As others pointed out, and I just reiterated it is indeed all a matter of perspective... as that old saying goes... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (argo we all have our own opinion about who the most renown people are... present, past, and even the future. I.e Chuck Norris' immortality on the net)

Seriously though, if you don't think this is the best 'top 52' that could be named, you could always make your own, and could even go into more depth about the cards, perhaps making a different theme out of it... like for example yugioh... or even pokemon cards. :D =x lol
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That might be veins and he knows he has some reforging to do to use them in pvp. But in pve I'm telling you they are godly. The seconds that he needs to take each boss down is insane. And put him and Zero together with me in a delta and all you do is wait for the waves as all go down in seconds no matter what wave. The delta bosses all drop in like 3 to max 6 seconds. I have never seen anything like that before.

Same as for the comment Mage, you haven't been on this server for over a year now so you need to come back to update your knowledge of the players now. So see no more excuses... COME BACK b:dirty

You still spend a lot of times on our forums, so I know you miss us... Come back Mage b:cry