so when were ya gunna tell us

Options
Cimon - Harshlands
Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
it would seem you guys at pwi went ahead and nerfed the entire blademaster classes base dmg without a word of it as proof i offer this example:

i have a archer friend me and him both got the spartin outfit for fun he is a claw archer with a little over the required amount of str to wear decides were as i am a bm same lvl 100 as a joke we decided to buy the lvl 19 sword refined sword or something of the like so that when we put our spartin cloths on we had swords to run around with for fun well then we started attacking mobs with to see what kind of dmg we did and what we have come up with is that me the bm with lvl 10 blade and sword mastery and him the archer with no such thing and more then 40 points less in str then i have does more dmg then i do he did not have any blessings and neither nor did we count in crit hits my dmg with the sword was higher as well acording to the character sheet but yet he consistantly hits 400-500 more dmg then i do how can he do that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
Post edited by Cimon - Harshlands on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i actually thought my damage with my claws were way lower then normal but then again it was just a thought i dunno if it was real cause i dont have any ss to compare it to just seems like i did alot less damage then before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Tynne - Lost City
    Tynne - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    >_> did the archer have a jones blessing and you didnt?
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    it would seem you guys at pwi went ahead and nerfed the entire blademaster classes base dmg without a word of it as proof i offer this example:

i have a archer friend me and him both got the spartin outfit for fun he is a claw archer with a little over the required amount of str to wear decides were as i am a bm same lvl 100 as a joke we decided to buy the lvl 19 sword refined sword or something of the like so that when we put our spartin cloths on we had swords to run around with for fun well then we started attacking mobs with to see what kind of dmg we did and what we have come up with is that me the bm with lvl 10 blade and sword mastery and him the archer with no such thing and more then 40 points less in str then i have does more dmg then i do he did not have any blessings and neither nor did we count in crit hits my dmg with the sword was higher as well acording to the character sheet but yet he consistantly hits 400-500 more dmg then i do how can he do that

Very intresting find.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • linkism
    linkism Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Blazing Arrow?
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If it's nooby mobs outside of Arch, Blazing Arrow won't have that much of an effect seeing as how low level mobs have low resistances, so BA wouldn't add that much damage.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i actually thought my damage with my claws were way lower then normal but then again it was just a thought i dunno if it was real cause i dont have any ss to compare it to just seems like i did alot less damage then before.

which "claws" are you wearing?

Apparently "deicides" (as well as other claws) have been re-classified as "Blades" now according to the weapons description box. I'm interested to know if this means any of the following:

A) They don't get the bonus of fist mastery anymore
    B) They would now get bonuses from blade/sword mastery instead
    C) Fist/Claw skills wont work anymore with deicides, but blade/sword skills will.

Apparently the base attack rate on them is still the same, and seekers still aren't allowed to wear them, even though its called a blade now - and seekers can use the other "blades". It may be as simple as a description failure, but its interesting to say the least.

As for the original question - were the two of you attacking the same mob types? Same debuffs (if any)? Blazing arrow?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    which "claws" are you wearing?

Apparently "deicides" (as well as other claws) have been re-classified as "Blades" now according to the weapons description box. I'm interested to know if this means any of the following:

A) They don't get the bonus of fist mastery anymore
    B) They would now get bonuses from blade/sword mastery instead
    C) Fist/Claw skills wont work anymore with deicides, but blade/sword skills will.

Apparently the base attack rate on them is still the same, and seekers still aren't allowed to wear them, even though its called a blade now - and seekers can use the other "blades". It may be as simple as a description failure, but its interesting to say the least.

As for the original question - were the two of you attacking the same mob types? Same debuffs (if any)? Blazing arrow?

well i know the fist/claw skills work with my deicides since im sage i use cyclone heel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    inb4BoogiePanda's sig.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

commas & full stops, use them.

*edit - ****, evict is a psychic in disguise
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options

commas & full stops, use them.

*edit - ****, evict is a psychic in disguise

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Anyway, I 1 hit KOed a 8x psy with my blade
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm thinking about attending the HT NPC gear pvp tourney with a Poleaxe, idk yet. It seems plausible though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Are you allowed to +10 those?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Anyway, I 1 hit KOed a 8x psy with my blade

i can 1 hit ko a 101 sin with a noob axe b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Are you allowed to +10 those?

Not sure. I guess I'll just ninja it in there and see what happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    But your dmg comes from HP with arma.....
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If it's nooby mobs outside of Arch, Blazing Arrow won't have that much of an effect seeing as how low level mobs have low resistances, so BA wouldn't add that much damage.

What are you talking about? You have that completely backwards. A mob with low Fire Resist would take nearly the full bonus damage Blazing Arrow provides. The bonus damage will of course scale down with the weapon used as it is percentage based.

As for the original question, ornament choice can play a big role when using a nub weapon. Someone equipped with A R9 ring and a Lionheart pendant would do considerably more damage than someone equipped with ornaments that provide less raw Patt.
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no he did not have a any type of blessing and no blazing arrow
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    me the bm with lvl 10 blade and sword mastery and him the archer with no such thing and more then 40 points less in str then i have does more dmg then i do

There you go..On a archer, str does nothing to damage..dex does b:bye
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    There you go..On a archer, str does nothing to damage..dex does b:bye

I'm pretty sure dex does nothing to sword damage either even on an archer, you may be thinking of sins having there dex effect there dagger damage. *cool bear wave*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ...omg i should of told you guys...the tooth fairy and santa clause is not real.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ohhh archer was using a SWORD too..Ok off forums for me...Too much reading/typing, not enough killing b:shutup
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ohhh archer was using a SWORD too..Ok off forums for me...Too much reading/typing, not enough killing b:shutup

pm me your coordinates..i'm lonely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the dmg modifier for the weapon types bow crossbow slingshot and daggers is dex the modifier for swords axe fist and pole is str the class does not effect this the guy who posted second also noticed something with claw dmg wich i have noticed as well but i noticed it in nirvana and as of right now thoose are the only ? mobs ive attacked in a while seeing as thats the only instance ive been in for a while so i assumed they made nirvana harder or something now im going to check on a tt boss or two and see the diff
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just did a test on my (mid-70s) BM, she does the same relative damage on mobs that she used to. *shrug*

Who started this rumor anyway? >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Options
    give me a few ill grab some screens of it
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Like mentioned ornaments make a big difference when you are using low weapons. The attack bonuse on rings is counted as weapon damage, so if your friend has R8 and another damage +100 ring while you are wearing two misty, you'll hit less. It could also be that he happened to hit a weak mob or you hit a increase def mob.
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Could you please, please, use comma's and dots? It will make your posts alot easier to read and it just might people take you more serious. Thanks :3

And yea, as the others said, we need info on the rings and possible adds on other equipment. This can make a huge difference when the damage from the weapon is low.
  • Tynne - Lost City
    Tynne - Lost City Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Very intresting find.

sorry without any punctuations I go crosseyed D:
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I ran out of breath trying to read that.