Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    BLADE ARCHERRRRRRR

b:victory
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There you go..On a archer, str does nothing to damage..dex does b:bye

The weapon determines which stat modifies damage, not the class. Nub.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RADD_RATT - Harshlands
    RADD_RATT - Harshlands Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There you go..On a archer, str does nothing to damage..dex does b:bye

they were useing swords not bows b:bye
  • Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver
    Getter_Robo - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:shocked Is this the start of them finding ways to nerf aps?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Are people really this ****?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Are people really this ****?
    Do you really have to ask that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Base damage adheres to a set formula, and as far as I know, it has not changed. The following is the formula for physical classes:

(level + equipment damage)*(1 + primary stat/150 + mastery + buffs)

Equipment damage is the total damage from weapon, addons, ornaments, and shards. Mastery and barb buff adds as a decimal, so for example, Demon mastery would add 0.75 to the above formula.

Fire buff from DBB does not increase base damage on the character sheet, but the added damage is there.

For example, take my lvl 66 BM:

Lvl: 66
    Strength: 204

Weapon:
    TT60 Spear, 407 to 679 weapon damage with +56 addon

Total Damage from Rings, Gems, etc:
    38 +44 + 18 = 100

Mastery:
    none

Base damage:

Lower end:
    (66+ 407 + 156)*(1 + 204/150) = 1484.44 rounded to 1484

Higher end:
    (66+ 679 + 156)*(1 + 204/150) = 2126.36 rounded to 2126

This is exactly my BM's base damage in-game on the character sheet. Now calculate yours and figure out if they really nerfed it or not.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You want a non-archer to do math? You're insane! BMs can't do math unless they're secretly archers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lets let this post die....nobody wants to see all this "Q_Q"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Vincinator - Raging Tide
    Vincinator - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ohhh archer was using a SWORD too..Ok off forums for me...Too much reading/typing, not enough killing b:shutup

Didnt you guys see the poster made a msitake and corrected it before calling him noob ??
    In game chars (Raging tide, over a year im here)
    Sir_Puma (BM 98)-- L_y_n_x (Barb 85) Cyres (Cleric 69)
    BurningHeart (Wiz 34)-- LadyPuma (Veno 57,used as bank char)
    Vincinator (Test seeker lvl 46,RiP)-- Amup( True Seeker 71)
    Powerleveld chars : None-- Quests done : Too many b:surrender
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    guy-I-dont-to-remember(cimon) USE REAL GRAMMAR!!! Also, you should get Kiri(or any other BMs in our fact) and Dmg test on Riga. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • LitModel - Archosaur
    LitModel - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What are you talking about? You have that completely backwards. A mob with low Fire Resist would take nearly the full bonus damage Blazing Arrow provides. The bonus damage will of course scale down with the weapon used as it is percentage based.

As for the original question, ornament choice can play a big role when using a nub weapon. Someone equipped with A R9 ring and a Lionheart pendant would do considerably more damage than someone equipped with ornaments that provide less raw Patt.

yes it is percentage based, but isnt it only for ranged attacks only?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    No. It's not. This is test-able by a genie with expel or simply by hitting a phys immune boss with a melee weapon while having the buff.
  • alibenshoarma
    alibenshoarma Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    guy-I-dont-to-remember(cimon) USE REAL GRAMMAR!!! Also, you should get Kiri(or any other BMs in our fact) and Dmg test on Riga. b:chuckle

As long as i am allowed to kill him then i will be happy to damage test on him b:chuckle b:chuckle

/Kiri out
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ok all heres the deal i am grammer stupid and cant spell all that well so forgive me if i **** your eyes up

back to what im talking about i have checked and recheked and checked again only sometimes does the archer involved in this do mroe dmg then me with swords after killing 100 of the same mobs each we decided fc mobs were a good place to test we have decided there was no nerf seems to have been a fluke with him hitting on his high end while i hit on my low end but still and all the masterys seem off by a bit i still have not been able to do 60% more damage then him and on his char sheet he has less p attk so insted im going to submit a ticket and see what im told maybe its something im doing wrong maybe i found a bug dont know again sorry bout my lack of grammer education
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lvl 10 mastery does not mean you do 60% more damage. It just means you get an additional +0.6 bonus to whatever damage bonus you get from strength, buffs and apo pots (elemental damage ones)

so if you have 1000 total equipment attack, lvl 10 mastery, 150 strength and for example a barb's patk buff, you'd get 1000 * (1 + 0.6 (mastery) + 1 (strength) + 0.3 (patk buff)) = 2900 character screen damage, while without mastery you'd have 2300. In this scenario mastery would only add 26% to your total damage. So when comparing damage don't assume just because you have mastery you should do 60% more damage than someone else.

This is also the reason that at endgame there is hardly any difference in damage between an aps barb or bm. Demon poison fang being 50% buff and demon mastery being 75% buff, when added to 500% from spark 200% from strength and possibly an additional 100% from an apo pot, that 25% really only amounts to a ~2.5% total damage increase.
  • SeaBass - Lost City
    SeaBass - Lost City Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think the OP is pregnant, because he/she missed a few periods.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2011

b:laugh

Omg, best single line reply I have read in a long while. Now I can go to bed happy b:victory
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011

lmao that is awesome!

Can I steal it? Pwetty Pweese b:chuckle
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i can 1 hit ko a 101 sin with a noob axe b:chuckle
    that I want to see!
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lvl 10 mastery does not mean you do 60% more damage. It just means you get an additional +0.6 bonus to whatever damage bonus you get from strength, buffs and apo pots (elemental damage ones)

so if you have 1000 total equipment attack, lvl 10 mastery, 150 strength and for example a barb's patk buff, you'd get 1000 * (1 + 0.6 (mastery) + 1 (strength) + 0.3 (patk buff)) = 2900 character screen damage, while without mastery you'd have 2300. In this scenario mastery would only add 26% to your total damage. So when comparing damage don't assume just because you have mastery you should do 60% more damage than someone else.

This is also the reason that at endgame there is hardly any difference in damage between an aps barb or bm. Demon poison fang being 50% buff and demon mastery being 75% buff, when added to 500% from spark 200% from strength and possibly an additional 100% from an apo pot, that 25% really only amounts to a ~2.5% total damage increase.

I appreciated your effort but I highly doubt Cimon can understand that. I gave it a shot, I'ma let this go now. It's Cimon.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    which "claws" are you wearing?

Apparently "deicides" (as well as other claws) have been re-classified as "Blades" now according to the weapons description box. I'm interested to know if this means any of the following:

A) They don't get the bonus of fist mastery anymore
    B) They would now get bonuses from blade/sword mastery instead
    C) Fist/Claw skills wont work anymore with deicides, but blade/sword skills will.

Apparently the base attack rate on them is still the same, and seekers still aren't allowed to wear them, even though its called a blade now - and seekers can use the other "blades". It may be as simple as a description failure, but its interesting to say the least.

As for the original question - were the two of you attacking the same mob types? Same debuffs (if any)? Blazing arrow?

I am pretty sure that's just a localization error.