DQ Rewards and Facebook Connect Down [Resolved]

Options

Comments

• EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    That's true in part, but the complaining is partly because of people trying to adapt to changes. Like I said, when Rank 9 was first displayed, nobody really complained about how strong it was because it was too difficult for it to be reasonably obtained by a large amount of people over a decent time span. Then, rank gear became incredibly cheap and medals were made easy to obtain. This caused a massive change and people complained at first. Once the damage was dealt and they accepted it, then this comes out and screws over all the people trying to adapt and move on.

It's kinda like what happened with packs. People originally complained about them because they annihilated a balance we used to have. Now that everyone's adapted to them and used to it, removing packs suddenly would cause more complaints because it would **** over those who were unable to take advantage of them.

Now I'm not saying that all the rampant QQ on these forums is justified. However, some complaints really do make sense. Especially when the "fixes" wind up breaking things even more.

Thanks... there was no need to go off the deep end and calling my thoughts obnoxious. Civilized conversation is what the forum needs sometimes. b:surrender
    But it is unfair that something that can be made with tradeable items, cannot be traded once it's made. essentially, everything in the dq items is tradeable, if you buy the dq and use the rewards yourself... the only difference is there was no middle man with the medals, which one person could buy and make tradeable, then sell to someone who needed them. if pwi wants to go around taking everything out of the dq items that could be tradeable, the whole system would need to be taken out. Although this would only stand if everyone thought this way... which, I see from other posts and threads, a lot of people do. Whether or not pwi understands it is another thing.
    In the end, i do really feel bad for the non-cashshoppers that couldn't get their medals in time before they were taken out, it seems pwi is catering more towards the cashshoppers instead of focusing on other players too... especially if they boost about how the first 105 character "didn't CS at all". You would think they would stop nerfing every thing the non-CS player has in order to get newer players to stay.. Although this time, the CSers don't really have an advantage over the non-CSers... except maybe more coins to buy the medals for 30mil+ .
    But I still don't think that complaining about it is gonna do anything. Frankie already said they were going to talk to the Devs to find a new way to get medals, but I'm sure it will take almost 6 months before anything is done.

I think I just confused anyone who read this... sorry. I cannot word my thoughts to save my life. I don't even think anything i just said applied . Off to watch merlin now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thanks... there was no need to go off the deep end and calling my thoughts obnoxious. Civilized conversation is what the forum needs sometimes. b:surrender
    [...]
    But I still don't think that complaining about it is gonna do anything. Frankie already said they were going to talk to the Devs to find a new way to get medals, but I'm sure it will take almost 6 months before anything is done.

I think I just confused anyone who read this... sorry. I cannot word my thoughts to save my life. I don't even think anything i just said applied . Off to watch merlin now b:surrender

Yeah... I kinda mistook your first post for another of the many QQ about QQ posts we've been getting lately. Your second post, as well as this one, made things much more clear for me, so my apologies there. b:surrender
  • Halnore - Archosaur
    Halnore - Archosaur Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    First they remove the medals from the DQ points list. Now the Jones blessing page is down due to them removing the medals. Next time the good idea fairy visits the people at PWI, dont listen to it.
    They say that silence is golden, and duct tape is silver. So get golden before i get silver!!!!!!b:sinb:sinb:sin
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    but at least we can all be happy and excited that PWI is hard at work monitoring a poll to decide whether to keep the new "?" avatar, or go back to the old one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    but at least we can all be happy and excited that PWI is hard at work monitoring a poll to decide whether to keep the new "?" avatar, or go back to the old one.

b:chuckle quote for ***** truth
  • Zorantinez - Heavens Tear
    Zorantinez - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    - The blessings were stupid to begin with -

What are you talkin' about, that was the best thing I've ever gotten.
    PWI just gave away, 30 Diamond of Tiger's to us and wrapped it up in a neat little blessing.

F$%@in' amazing is what that is, buuut.
    Now that it's down and Wizzy's who were smart and stocked on it.

Have a 30 attack level advantage on me.

>_>
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Am i getting any dq points for dq's i npc while the page is dead?
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • modyghaly
    modyghaly Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well I was going to make full R9 gear. but now I'm going to make nirvana instead. coz it's not worth it anymore after u took the medals off
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2nd Update 4-8-2011:

Hey all, so it looks like we aren't going to be able to bring up these two pages again until we patch on 4/12 at the earliest, sorry about the inconvenience, but unfortunately we actually need a new patch to resolve the issue this time around.

Thanks for your patience guys.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2nd Update 4-8-2011:

Hey all, so it looks like we aren't going to be able to bring up these two pages again until we patch on 4/12 at the earliest, sorry about the inconvenience, but unfortunately we actually need a new patch to resolve the issue this time around.

no blessings for TW once again, sigh.b:cry
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2nd Update 4-8-2011:

Did you really skip my question that was 2 posts before yours? b:shocked
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, at least a response was added. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Am i getting any dq points for dq's i npc while the page is dead?

Your points are still being accumulated, even while the page is down, don't worry.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well i don't wanna be a nuisance, but i believe u guys should implement new things into the dq system. reason being, it's been on for a while and something new would be awesome. b:bye
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Y'all had ample opportunity to stock up on blessings while the page was working.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Solinarie - Dreamweaver
    Solinarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nemy6 wrote: »
    so if i were to say "i have money AND beer" would you flame because they're not the same thing?

i wasnt flaming, just pointing out that if your a good player, you know what you are capable of.
    This will make you laugh!
    1) Open Google Maps (directions).
    2) Type China as your starting point (A).
    3) Type Taiwan as your destination (B).
    4) Read step 48.
  • Zorantinez - Heavens Tear
    Zorantinez - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, that's some great news.
    Sooo, AFK for about 4 days.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Your points are still being accumulated, even while the page is down, don't worry.

Okay, tyvm
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Back up around 4-12, well fml. b:cry
  • raccoona
    raccoona Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well since people can actually benefit from medals of glory in dq page pwi has decided to remove them what a bunch of asses
  • Ursadonus - Sanctuary
    Ursadonus - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

2nd Update 4-8-2011:

1 week 2x exp/spirit/drop to compensate for this ...
    i have a feeling that one or more of your main devs are gone from the team ...cause it seems the current ones did and are doing some big booboos latetly b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh dear Jones Blessing AND DQ down. pain in the royal butt but meh i can cope without. PWE are making some lovely c0ckups right now arent they XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    2nd Update 4-8-2011:

Thank you for updates again

See?,with a very little communication you can decrease forum's QQ by about 75%,now they'll all relax till next patch(hopefully),instead of checking 10 times x hour the DQ/JB page
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol wowwww ppl so butthurt haha there's still event gold grow up ppl hahaha

learn to adapt to changes haha instead of just qq

I've been adapting since closed beta. Its bout time that those ******* @ PWE start adapting to their players.

just sayin

Edit: Thnx for the updates btw
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Since PW usually fixes obvious snags quickly, my guess is that the problem is at Facebook's end. Why should they hurry up a fix, they already have their reward.

Hint to PW. Remove all reference to Farcebook until this is fixed. Might motivate them a bit more. How many days and counting is it now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • Mythsoul - Heavens Tear
    Mythsoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They could just make another link for jones blessing like they did with the anni gifts, but nothing is for free these days :(
    All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.
  • Ursadonus - Sanctuary
    Ursadonus - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Since PW usually fixes obvious snags quickly, my guess is that the problem is at Facebook's end. Why should they hurry up a fix, they already have their reward.

Hint to PW. Remove all reference to Farcebook until this is fixed. Might motivate them a bit more. How many days and counting is it now?

stop with the ***-kissing and read the thread
    Update 4-8-11:

Hi guys, so this week's patch actually changed some aspects of the way that items are sent to player mailboxes, and that's why these two pages are non-functional right now. We are working on it and we will bring than back up as soon as we possibly can.

pwi screwed up with the last patch
  • Lusitano_I - Heavens Tear
    Lusitano_I - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What actualy bothers me and is indeed shamefull is that this problem existed just a few days back and now it happens again. Everyone crying about the stupid medals when this is a problem that is worse than that. PW messed up and had DQ Rewards and Facebook Connect down for a long time and now it happens again just a few days after... and they are unable to deal with it. I would say the thecnical team needs to be renewed with responsable and capable people instead of people that can't actualy solve one single problem. And how about you guys just start thinking for a bit and compensate players on a easy way to minimize the damage? Since players can't get their Jones Blessing, would it be so hard for you guys to send a Jones Blessing for the players mailbox in meanwhille? Or just place an npc where players can get it? I don't think would take a lot of work to do such thing, and it would be a simple way to make things a bit not so bad. TW is on and half of the players don't have a Jones BLessinng, which will create some unbalance on them... all thanks to some people irresponsability. Way to go PW... you have been doing a hell of a job lately!
  • BabaORiley - Dreamweaver
    BabaORiley - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    stop with the ***-kissing and read the thread

pwi screwed up with the last patch

Don't yer knickers in a twist, we did read that post and it is rather vague as to what the problem actually is, and what is required to fix it. b:question

Since the application does involve interaction with another external service, it may take the cooperation of the external service to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

What-ever... I agree that the longer this draws out, the worse PW looks. b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The exodus is here
    The happy ones are near
    BabaORiley
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Since the application does involve interaction with another external service, it may take the cooperation of the external service to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

what external service does the DQ rewards page interact with? this is PWI's screwup, nobody else's. no reason to be surprised at that, they **** up all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.