DQ Rewards and Facebook Connect Down [Resolved]

Comments

• LuCkyEddiE - Raging Tide
    LuCkyEddiE - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol wowwww ppl so butthurt haha there's still event gold grow up ppl hahaha

learn to adapt to changes haha instead of just qq

Well said. There is way too much QQ about this game. If you're that offended, then go try the real world, guys. That's right, I didn't think you were hurt that much.
  • Zorantinez - Heavens Tear
    Zorantinez - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Funny how some people say. "Medal's are gone, so what." Then they have there DQ points saved for Event Gold card.
    What if, after you collected your 50K DQ points and somehow they exploited how to trade the Gold Card and make the Item's you get from Boutique trade-able too.

Of course this is more of a hypothetical question.

They remove your Dye's or your Pet's or your Event Gold.

Then what?
    "OOH, I only saved these DQ points for nothing. I don't mind if they did take down what I was working for."

It's about understanding, some people spent there time and hours grinding over by Spider's near Frostcovered.
    Killing 3 mobs, before it was lucky to drop one Element Stone.

Once the Medal for the Rank 9 items was gone, what was there left to grind for?
    Did you just spend 17 hour's per day for about 1 month grinding for an item that you can no longer have.

Hell, I'm a Cashshopper.
    I have a very extended cash bill which I am not to proud of.
    YET, when I noticed those Medal's were in DQ rewards, I was excited.

Valley of Scarred there I was, grinding, grinding.
    Why, because I figured this would be an easy way to get the item I desired Rank 9 Warcleaver Axe's.

<3

Didn't matter if Anni packs ruined the Gold House, people are paying for it, let's keep it.

Medals, someone's exploit the medal glitch, quickly let's remove it before people buy them for 2 - 4Mil!

Buut, If people actually grinded that 20K points to get that Medal, is it honestly that bad that "some" people sold it.

Or is it one of those...

"They're selling it to people who haven't grinded for it, selling it to people who just happen to have coin in there packs. They didn't work for it! We can't let this injustice be served!"

So now we have lots of good grinded with 40K DQ points, and no medals.

Not just saying that cuz I have 43K DQ points and now have to get points to get 50 Event Gold of which I could get by doing the Event's on Monday's.

Woooo, We're saved, thanks for lookin' out for us.

;D

Yea, pro.

>_>
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you totaly right and also ppl that grinded just to sell the drops are screwed to, it was a nice way to make coinz by seling the drops to who ever needs them to make rank 9 but now no more grinding and we are back to old PWI charge or get out of our game
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you don't put medals back in might as well not even put the worthless thing back up.
    Lulz.
    I get charms and chatsmiley's with the event card, so please do fix it and no i dont care about medals.
  • Zorantinez - Heavens Tear
    Zorantinez - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    "charge or get out of our game"

I Lol'd.

xD

So depressingly true.

xP
  • nemoculous
    nemoculous Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Believe it or not there are some people who grind DQ for other things besides medals...some people who still grind for most or all of their coin and enjoy that after having their DQ nerfed at the npc's we got some compensation in return...actually nice compensation. When you consider that the gold hoarders keep the price of a coin in the ozone, its kinda nice some of us who have a car payment and rent can still access item mall equivalent goods without having to drop a ton of cash for it. As for the game being dead.....it died the day they sold rep for next to nothing in the CS....now any egomaniac with a CC can buy their way to the top of the food chain with out really having to work ingame for the right and honor. I play because i like to build toons and gear...i like to farm and collect and construct...and most of all i love being proud of having EARNED what i have. The sale of rep was the sale of the games integrity and inherent balance...its death blow. As with any cash shop game, profits and incentives aimed at the spenders always turns it into a circus, not to mention it lures out the worst of the hackers and exploiters, nonetheless i continue to play as long as there remain people who believe gaming is about playing not paying. If i have one wish at this point........ plz make the blacklist limitless so i can spend the day adding trolls and ignorant a-holes to it..that would greatly enhance my gameplay. Im closing in on 1 mil DP soon...next goal 2 mil...and i doubt im alone in that respect.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    no update on this yet? its been awhile now ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    no update on this yet? its been awhile now ...

ASAP means = As soon as(ours)programmers come back from the middle school and after they do their homework.
    Give their pro-programmers some time.

PS

I wanna my freking cute flying piggy (aka Pillar Pet Egg) b:cry
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • zg198542
    zg198542 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Moving Medal from DQ points really hurts many players. You know that many players have got rank9, but many many more have been saving DQ points for a long time and want to change medal in the future, and now GM u removed it. the time and the money spending on DQ are gone and they must be pissed. Next time u may put medal in boutique, but the price will be very high for sure. why did u do this?whats the point? can't u change the medal state into tradeable but keep it in the DQ point?
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    zg198542 wrote: »
    Moving Medal from DQ points really hurts many players. You know that many players have got rank9, but many many more have been saving DQ points for a long time and want to change medal in the future, and now GM u removed it. the time and the money spending on DQ are gone and they must be pissed. Next time u may put medal in boutique, but the price will be very high for sure. why did u do this?whats the point? can't u change the medal state into tradeable but keep it in the DQ point?
    I sold stacks of DQ101 for 2.5M and once even for 3M (was prolly DAO buying them... xD). Grinding for DQ became extremely profitable for me. And not just me....
    I started to spot botters, and even squads of botters. Reported ofcourse, but the initial price drop of DQ-npc value where it all started a long time ago was to stop botting. With medals gone my stacks arent selling at all. The value (not npc monies) has dropped quite abit. I think this is the reason medals are gone, but some people tell me not to think so keep that in mind pl0x. b:surrender
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    tl;dr i want my jolly jones for tw. give it to me.

nao.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think PWE just needs to shut Blessing and DQ rewards down.

The blessings were stupid to begin with, but DQ rewards I saw as brilliant...until the staff has now decided to lable those selling their drops in catshops abusers. And subsequently punish everyone.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I have one thing to say about all this flaming on an informational thread...

LOLWUT

um, beat you too it, actually . . .
    BLOODMYSTIC - hijacking threads for my own purposes since 2010
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited April 2011
    I never once have become emotionally compromised, nor angered. The original post by him was a troll post, so I merely trolled him back. Telling everyone that you enjoy their QQ as a source of entertainment isn't a proper way to go about saying "I don't want/like R9".

As a professional troll, I don't respond ad nauseam to repeats to which I have already replied. It demeans my craft.
    He trolled the community/thread under an avatar (even if not by his own doing), that improperly shows his level & worth in the game. People get treated by what they say, as well as what they appear to be: A noob.

Um, another repeat to a certain extent. I will point out here, however, that you admit to treating people "by what they appear to be".

1. Responding to people's statements based on what they appear to be is illogical and the sign of an undisciplined mind. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

2. He would only appear to be a noob to another noob. Everyone knows those general avatars don't mean your a noob, or not a noob, or anything. They tell you no information, in fact.
    Bragging is bragging, no matter how you view it. Your views on my PvP count via CC we're that I'm a fail player, etc (as posted originally, my 69 PvP kill count makes me a buff machine only). Yet you didn't/don't know me, so you came to this conclusion based upon a statistical number.

You did the exact same thing previously (and before I did), so...?

Echo of prior posts.
    Bragging is bragging, no matter how you view it.

same
    Your views on my PvP count via CC we're that I'm a fail player, etc (as posted originally, my 69 PvP kill count makes me a buff machine only). Yet you didn't/don't know me, so you came to this conclusion based upon a statistical number.

Assuming the truth of your premise (that I had any view of you one way or the other as a player, which is not correct, but lets assume), at least it was based on SOMETHING. You assumed he wasn't an end game player based on NOTHING. An icon that contained no information about him AT ALL. b:bye
    PK is mainly dead (On all servers). Whoever gets the first hit in is the victor.

Again, Ill informed. Speak about Nirvana, and I may listen. PK? Nah
    Are you an idiot, or just not reading what I write? Maybe a combo of both, I suppose. People obtain end-game, high refined gear on a PvE server for limited reasons:
    -Kill bosses/farm instances faster (-int builds)
    -TW
    -PK (Very limited! Most people on a PvE server actually rarely, if ever enter PK-mode. Thus, because there are only two aspects of playability (PvP and/or PvE), people do it for killing bosses/farming end-game instances.

Is there an echo in here?
    Do you know how many people on HT run around w/ +12 R9, +12 stage 2 Nirvana weps, etc and have never PK'ed (minus TW), once? Quite a few. Carebears unite.

Minus TW? That's one hell of an exception. You go on believing that they +12 to kill linus and the like.
    No, not therapy. Merely me going over why I do what I do. Just because I don't PK much, doesn't mean I don't know how to play and/or don't know a thing about the game mechanics.

But because Nahk posts under one avatar or another means (to you) that HE knows nothing?

Honestly, are you beginning to see any of this yet? Are you beginning to see at ALL how I set you up? Because everyone else is. Everything you are saying about me is ABSOLUTELY applies to you.

BLOODMYSTIC - making hypocrits look silly since 1865
    And I quote from myself, because you reluctantly avoided this:

"3.) My job for over a year in my faction, was to pull a cata. That was my job, thus I didn't get kills. While I agree that Barbs can be put in other squads in TW (Nuke/Strike/Stun), the primary job for a Barb will and always will, be to pull catas. That's that. A Barb w/ 40k HP > any other class being able to pull catas. Barb's will always serve as cata pullers (even though others can do it). Yes I know about -int claw Barbs as well. Claws in TW, w/ reduced vit? No thanks."

Um, I didn't avoid anything, and certainly not reluctantly. Go re-read.
    Trolling to provoke an emotional response. Not working yet, but keep trying. :)

Hurt my ego a bit, ouchie.

Are you a chick? honestly, you talk more about understanding peoples feelings, your "emotional response" and hurting your feelings more than anyone I've ever seen on these forums.

For the record, I couldn't care less about your "emotional response".
    Not blue name bonuses - actual bonuses for having several pieces of gear. Also, check the white-named p-def/m-def high refines. 2nd stage Nirvana is better. 60 attack level? Nirvana is still better, w/ the addition of all pieces (helm/cape included). 2nd stage of course. Ever seen 2nd stage +12 Nirvana'ed Sins running around w/ zerk on their weps, just like R9? There are a few, and w/ high refines Nirvana > R9.

Sins are op with rank 8. Hell, a skilled sin would be op with FC gold daggers +12.

But Rank 9 still better.
    Wasn't judging, merely noting the start date, and stating I was running my faction before that date. It is something that is however, judge able. When someone trolls, and defends the troll w/ an attack on the other player; the person puts themselves in the front line of being judges.

*looks for imbecile decoder ring

wanna try that last part in english?
    Trolling the community/thread, is trolling me as well as everyone else who views it. I only responded after the trolling had already begun.

No, you started trolling HIM. He just said stop all the complaining (to noone in particular I believe).

You singled him out, made false statements about him based on your noob assumptions due to his avatar, and acted like a big shot trying to discourage anyone from posting similar sentiments.

But alas, this too is somewhat of a repeat.
    Another attempt to provoke an emotional response from me. Too bad they all fail. Thinnest skinned Barb? Nah, I've kept my cool through all of this.

Echo

But to clarify, thin skin because what got you all bent out of shape was his use of qq or crybaby or whatever. geez man, everyone here is big boys and girls. well, cept you apparently.
    It's rightly justified for people to be upset @ the Metals being taken out, hence why so many people are upset. Telling the countless people to QQ m0ar because you enjoy their entertainment, is provoking people to attack you for your outrageous bias views. People that don't want Metals to ever come back, should state that. Instead of attempting to troll/provoke people to verbally attack.

Echo, but thanks for declaring what opinions are justified and which ones are not. What would we ever do without you.

You should find something else to do in your spare time, other than defending trolls & attempting to provoke people to verbally attack and/or reach a emotionally compromised state.

Says the troll that singled someone else out screaming "NOOB!!!!!" based on nothing
    Final post here, as I'm gonna be the bigger and smarter man; Backing down. Not submitting defeat, just merely being more mature & gonna do something better w/ my time.

and THATS why I am the supreme troll of Archosaur!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After walls and walls of text, you expect anyone to belive that you are quitting NOW to "be the bigger man". HA!
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Blood...S.T.F.U already.

Edit: lawl at PW censoring acronyms now.

Either way they die
    edited April 2011
    Blood...S.T.F.U already.

Edit: lawl at PW censoring acronyms now.

No, I won't stop. I'll never stop. I am the unending tide. I am the eternal mountain. I am BLOODMYSTIC - tireless pursuer of justice, bane of arrogance and tyrrany b:cool
    edited April 2011
    It's "Medal of Glory" that got removed, not any sort of metal.

Just thought I'd point that out since you've referred to them as "metals" more than once.

shhhhhh, you might take away his mettle to continue, lawl

*forum collectively groans
  • WeepingWilow - Dreamweaver
    WeepingWilow - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Less QQ, moar pew pew
  • _U_Wish_ - Heavens Tear
    _U_Wish_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Fix those damn facebook blessings i wanna 1 hit ppl lol...b:chuckle
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    *enters topic*

*sees wall of quotes*

*about faces and exits topic*
  • Belandre - Lost City
    Belandre - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Topic title
    DQ Rewards and Facebook Connect Down at the moment (4-6-11)

moment
    n : an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "it only
    takes a minute"; "in just a bit" [syn: minute, second,
    bit]

Really? i must be living in a different dimension
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    So wait... I had to stop reading after page 4 to say this... you guys QQ about how everyone and their grandmother can get r9 with medals in DQ and rep sales.. but when they fix the problem about everyone getting r9, you QQ about that too?
    Make your minds up. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • truekossy
    edited April 2011
    So wait... I had to stop reading after page 4 to say this... you guys QQ about how everyone and their grandmother can get r9 with medals in DQ and rep sales.. but when they fix the problem about everyone getting r9, you QQ about that too?
    Make your minds up. b:bye

Initially, R9 was overlooked (much like warsoul) because of how hard it would be to attain.

Then, when it initially became easy to gain, the massive imbalance it caused made people complain. After all, R9 > Everything that isn't R9.

Now that people have started working towards it to compete with those who already have it and it suddenly gets removed, of course people are going to complain.

So figure out the reasoning before making such obnoxious statements. b:bye
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Update 4-8-11:

Hi guys, so this week's patch actually changed some aspects of the way that items are sent to player mailboxes, and that's why these two pages are non-functional right now. We are working on it and we will bring than back up as soon as we possibly can.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Update 4-8-11:

Hi guys, so this week's patch actually changed some aspects of the way that items are sent to player mailboxes, and that's why these two pages are non-functional right now. We are working on it and we will bring than back up as soon as we possibly can.

Don't bother.

Either way they die
  • MysticNoxey - Sanctuary
    MysticNoxey - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Okay couple things.

1-If you insist on taking them outta the DQ rewards, I believe I speak on behalf of everyone (if not most people) when I say make them more attainable via the gen, cus atm the current cost is super ridiculous.

2-If you don't care about medals, don't post here. If you don't want to see the QQ here, don't post here. You really expect to come on here and read a thread with this title and NOT see people complaining? That's insanity.

3-DON'T FEED THE **** TROLLS!
  • MysticNoxey - Sanctuary
    MysticNoxey - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh and one more thing I'd like to point out...I specifically heard someone who shall remain nameless on the Harshlands server QQin that they could no longer change the medals to tradeable (BEFORE they were removed from the DQ list). Because of some random thing on the game that was fixed that made them no longer tradeable. So gg on takin them out after fixing the issue.
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Initially, R9 was overlooked (much like warsoul) because of how hard it would be to attain.

Then, when it initially became easy to gain, the massive imbalance it caused made people complain. After all, R9 > Everything that isn't R9.

Now that people have started working towards it to compete with those who already have it and it suddenly gets removed, of course people are going to complain.

So figure out the reasoning before making such obnoxious statements. b:bye

It's not an obnoxious statement... it's how I feel about the "fix". I personally don't benefit or lose anything from it since I never wanted to get r9 in the first place. All I can say is it sucks that people couldn't get it on time, and it is sad to see exploiting a bug did this. I do think they could fix it with some new coding to make it unable to be exploited without having all the hard work some people put into it go down the toilet. But it's either you deal with it or you quit the game... I don't see why every single change has to generate so much mass complaining, especially when it's a fix to an original complaint.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • truekossy
    edited April 2011
    1-If you insist on taking them outta the DQ rewards, I believe I speak on behalf of everyone (if not most people) when I say make them more attainable via the gen, cus atm the current cost is super ridiculous.
    See:
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

Of course, if this is like anything else here, it'll take a few months to a year before we see any results, but it has been said that they're trying to make medals more available. And this post is more aimed to everyone who brought up your point than you specifically. Your post was just the easiest one to quote.

Edit:
    It's not an obnoxious statement... it's how I feel about the "fix". I personally don't benefit or lose anything from it since I never wanted to get r9 in the first place. All I can say is it sucks that people couldn't get it on time, and it is sad to see exploiting a bug did this. I do think they could fix it with some new coding to make it unable to be exploited without having all the hard work some people put into it go down the toilet. But it's either you deal with it or you quit the game... I don't see why every single change has to generate so much mass complaining, especially when it's a fix to an original complaint.

That's true in part, but the complaining is partly because of people trying to adapt to changes. Like I said, when Rank 9 was first displayed, nobody really complained about how strong it was because it was too difficult for it to be reasonably obtained by a large amount of people over a decent time span. Then, rank gear became incredibly cheap and medals were made easy to obtain. This caused a massive change and people complained at first. Once the damage was dealt and they accepted it, then this comes out and screws over all the people trying to adapt and move on.

It's kinda like what happened with packs. People originally complained about them because they annihilated a balance we used to have. Now that everyone's adapted to them and used to it, removing packs suddenly would cause more complaints because it would **** over those who were unable to take advantage of them.

Now I'm not saying that all the rampant QQ on these forums is justified. However, some complaints really do make sense. Especially when the "fixes" wind up breaking things even more.
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Update 4-8-11:

Thanks frankye

Even if you're not telling anything particular useful,its way better like this than saying nothing for days like *aehm* happened.

Keep us update please,thanks b:bye
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))