Bad Wizard For Healing????

j3j34kj43j4jk
j3j34kj43j4jk Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Wizard
so im a lvl 62 wiz and during our bh run the cleric was about to die and probly the rest of the sqaud too, i remembered hearing about sutra heals but im a noob so i hadnt much experience doing it, anyway, i did a sutra heal on the cleric cuz my heal is max for my lvl, and it saved him and the sqaud. The cleric was thankful and even said thx for preventing sqaud wipe, but the rest of the sqaud bashed me to no end the rest of the bh, i blew it off cuz its a game and i dont care what they say, but apparently im supposed to dd and dd only, at all times, is this true or was my sqaud jus a bunch of a holes???? like i said this is my 1st char so im still learning but i assumed saving the cleric was a good idea???
Post edited by j3j34kj43j4jk on

Comments

• j3j34kj43j4jk
    j3j34kj43j4jk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    theyre dumb, simple, when u have the chance to do it yes do it, dd is important but so is savin ur cleric, ive had this happen on my other wizzies but rarely, most sqauds are thankful sounds like yours was stupid lol. actually u get props in my book for being a new wizzy and havin the presence of mind to even do it
  • /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver
    /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ermm wtf <.<
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lol, noob squad than I gues XD

In a near wipe, your first and only task is to save the cleric (well ok, second task is to kill the mobs causing the wipe). This could mean suicide on a mob that is attacking the cleric (the cleric can ress you, but you can't ress the cleric), or heal the cleric, or even heal the tank to give the cleric time to ress.

You saved a squad wipe, so you did a good job
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    theyre dumb, simple, when u have the chance to do it yes do it, dd is important but so is savin ur cleric, ive had this happen on my other wizzies but rarely, most sqauds are thankful sounds like yours was stupid lol. actually u get props in my book for being a new wizzy and havin the presence of mind to even do it

You're doing it wrong. Switch avatars before responding to your own post.
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver
    /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You're doing it wrong. Switch avatars before responding to your own post.
    this lmfao, good to know i wasnt reading that wrong and it was same person
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    rofl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
    edited April 2011

According to CoreConnect, you are the OP b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No, there is nothing wrong with a wiz healing. In fact...I've had my *** saved a number of times by a wiz in my squad throwing me a heal, and have even duo'd minibosses/annoyingly hard to kill mobs with a wiz (my fac director)...who spent much of the time healing me. It actually works pretty well.

As to that specific situation, your squad was a bunch of idiots for criticizing you. a DDs responsibilities are, in this order:

1) keep your cleric alive
    2) kill stuff
    2a) dont steal aggro

Your cleric staying alive is your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. Even if you have to suicide to do it. As long as the cleric lives, there is hope. Killing stuff? That comes second.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Glycerin - Dreamweaver
    Glycerin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I see nothing wrong with you healing the cleric (heck.. I heal the cleric often because they're usually busy on the tank). If you weren't supposed to heal, you wouldn't have learned a healing skill.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011

OMG, this HAS to be the funniest thing I have ever seen on these forums in a loooong time, lol

Ok, im still chuckling.

Reread it a few times. It actually gets funnier.

Now pause.

Ok, do it again, but this time imagine him at his keyboard as he types the response.

Ok, now go read it again b:laugh this time, imagine him as someone with MPD having a conversation out loud with himself. Make sure to use different voices for each personality.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Pff your squad was dummer than Bush-isms.

I've been accepted in BH79's as a cleric. Ijs.
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • Saeidon - Heavens Tear
    Saeidon - Heavens Tear Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    okay, I'm going to put down the bong now.... b:shocked
    I love drinking tea
    edited April 2011
    Pff your squad was dummer than Bush-isms.

I've been accepted in BH79's as a cleric. Ijs.

I've been secondairy cleric on 2-3 pritty often, for Wurlurd.
    Cleric would BB, and I would heal the barb (some barbs have NEVER heard of cancling attacks lol)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Morning Dew is no bad healing skill but as intended all you can only provide a lil bit of extra healing with that skill but you wont be able to take the place of a cleric as primary healer for some reasons:

a) your morning dew got a relatively long chan (4s) which means there will always be a "delay" between your heals and especially in a situation with changing aggro a wiz wont be able to provide sufficient heal

b)your healing skill is a single heal that means every boss with aoe attacks cant be done with a wiz as healer. Same goes if the bosss has debuffs that require purify

c)Unless you do your morning dew in a sutra it is very hard to be used as emergency heal because you wont be able to get the heal in fast enough. So on the 1 hand you need 2 sparks + you have to consider 1 min sutra cooldown which means that if your squad fails 2 times in a row you wont be able to save the situation twice.

greetz harm0wnie
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No, there is nothing wrong with a wiz healing. In fact...I've had my *** saved a number of times by a wiz in my squad throwing me a heal, and have even duo'd minibosses/annoyingly hard to kill mobs with a wiz (my fac director)...who spent much of the time healing me. It actually works pretty well.

As to that specific situation, your squad was a bunch of idiots for criticizing you. a DDs responsibilities are, in this order:

1) keep your cleric alive
    2) kill stuff
    2a) TRY TO STEAL AGGRO ALWAYS (doesnt work on aps tank Q_Q
    3) kill your squad by doing so on a boss that has aoe for ranged tanks and be the last man standing <3

Your cleric staying alive is your NUMBER ONE PRIORITY. Even if you have to suicide to do it. As long as the cleric lives, there is hope. Killing stuff? That comes second.

fixed

also

I ARE WATER CLERIC
    20110410151018.jpg
    see here another reason why i went demon
    heal adds heal over time, wellspring quaff can be used to have permanent 20% less channeling while healing etc xd

clerics are squishie
    they happen to die first
    here comes the wizard as sidekick healer to keep the tank alive while the cleric is returning

only hard thing is tanking and healing at the same time xd
    can barely attack if its a hard hitting boss, only in a sutra or on demon quaff T.T
    i like potato
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    fixed

also

I ARE WATER CLERIC
    20110410151018.jpg
    see here another reason why i went demon
    heal adds heal over time, wellspring quaff can be used to have permanent 20% less channeling while healing etc xd

clerics are squishie
    they happen to die first
    here comes the wizard as sidekick healer to keep the tank alive while the cleric is returning

only hard thing is tanking and healing at the same time xd
    can barely attack if its a hard hitting boss, only in a sutra or on demon quaff T.T
    b:cryYou got demon SS, lucky *****
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited April 2011
    This is becoming a moderately successful troll thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    go away ted b:cry

no hidden message here

b:cute
    i like potato
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    TS is trolling himself?

I think whatever keeps the squad alive works.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Shiilune - Dreamweaver
    Shiilune - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    clerics are squishie
    they happen to die first

I call us hero-support... b:laugh
  • _romeo_blb__ - Raging Tide
    _romeo_blb__ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    according To Coreconnect, You Are The Op B:chuckle
    You Are So Caught
  • Dawnia - Raging Tide
    Dawnia - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LOL its bunch of idiots,thats all. U did a great job by saving cleric,cause like this guy said,u cant rez the cleric,but if cleric stays alive she/he can rez U,and u will loose much less xp then she/he will by releasing. Dont listen to anyone when cleric is in danger,try to save her/him. Some times u get a medal some times not. Depends from ppl in squad. I personaly thank my husband for saving my *** every time,and he is wizzie too.So grats to u and keep up a good work :)
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    o_____o WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO YOURSELF OP? You're scaring meh D:

BUT...If you really did save the cleric then <3 Excellent job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Just today I was healing Sin in SoT(snake boss) when we were killing boss for opening door. The rest of squad wasn't there yet. It was fun and we did it. Wizard can be very good in healing. I can heal +7K on one heal.
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    too bad our heal has such a long cast time.

i only have about -12% channeling so it takes ma a good 4 seconds or so to cast it.
    i'm almost tempted to just play as a cleric, but i hate being a cleric (no offence), since i end up using that skill so much in squads.
    patience is a virtue
    edited April 2011
    I just rememberd my most recent saving-the-day-with-healing-moment.

In SoT on the snake boss. The cleric had already put up BB, someone pulled with Earthflame. Cleric got heal aggro and got 1shot by the boss melee.

We had 2 wizzys, a 5APS BM, and someone else I can't even remember.
    Soon as the cleric dies, both me and the wizzy start healing the BM (in rotation, when my channel is halfway done the other wizzy starts his, so we spread out the hits from the heal and not both heals hit at the same time), and things go great. Eventually the BM dies (I think he was also potting, must have mist a potion).
    Boss than directly kills the other wizzy (he was squishy), and I Holy Path away.

As I'm running away (only one left alive) I notice the boss has like 50k HP left.
    So I spark, happen to even resist his attack with the spark, and finish him with 2 shots (gatta love sage spark and sage water shield).

All the drops for me, and I return to teabag the BM until the cleric arives to ress them b:cool
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    fail bm
    i like potato
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    funny how OP hasn't posted since he was caught b:chuckle
This discussion has been closed.