DQ Rewards and Facebook Connect Down [Resolved]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all, we're having some technical issues with Facebook Connect and the DQ Rewards, and they've been brought down temporarily while we get them fixed. They are being worked on as we speak and we apologize for the inconvenience. They will be brought back up ASAP.

Update 4-8-11:

Hi guys, so this week's patch actually changed some aspects of the way that items are sent to player mailboxes, and that's why these two pages are non-functional right now. We are working on it and we will bring than back up as soon as we possibly can.

2nd Update 4-8-2011:

Hey all, so it looks like we aren't going to be able to bring up these two pages again until we patch on 4/12 at the earliest, sorry about the inconvenience, but unfortunately we actually need a new patch to resolve the issue this time around.

Thanks for your patience guys.

Update 4-13-11

Entering final testing now, these should hopefully be back up today if all goes well.

Update 4-13-11

These pages are back up now, so go on over and pick up your Jones' Blessing and DQ stuff!

Thanks for your patience all.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    maybe they will work if you put the medals back..... b:surrender
  • Lunaryl - Heavens Tear
    Lunaryl - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No need to fix the DQ page if you're not putting metals back in there. ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you don't put medals back in might as well not even put the worthless thing back up.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you don't put medals back in might as well not even put the worthless thing back up.

b:chuckle was about to say that.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2011

that.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Scrubby - Heavens Tear
    Scrubby - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol wowwww ppl so butthurt haha there's still event gold grow up ppl hahaha

learn to adapt to changes haha instead of just qq
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2011

not worth the time...
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Blade_Queen - Dreamweaver
    Blade_Queen - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yeah,

since i want this addressed, i put it in this thread too.

#420 Today, 12:21 AM
    facebook issue

I tried 3 times to do the fb and was told all 3 times, could not access at this time, try later..

I got on game and still have only the 3 blessings that I had prior to the update.

When I go to fb, i see that each of my attempts actually went thru, but no blessing.. pls fix. ty.

as you can see from the above copied entry, there is a time stamp of when I actually posted. thnx.
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    uhm...there are no medals in dq system or what ???

what i farmed that dq for ??? and whats with the points if just spend ? will i still receive them while its down ?
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011

this ^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Total agree with you. I actually never as relax as today when I read the forum. I have not even download the updated yet. I used to weak myself up in the middle of the night to download patch after update.
  • Nospheratu - Harshlands
    Nospheratu - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Grinding DQ81/91 was one of the few ways non-aps classes could make decent money in-game. By removing Medals PWI also removed the only reason for people to buy DQs which means casters cant make coins from grinding anymore.

People also spent months grinding for DQ-points to get their R9 gear and if they didn't exchange it yet, they just lost everything. All work for nothing, its really cruel. I hope PWI will take some responsibility for that.

Than telling us to go buy the Medals from "player market" is even more lame. The "player market" consists of people that abused the **** out of the exploit, which is the reason the Medals got removed in the first place apparently.

Exploit users will get filthy rich now selling overpriced Medals while people that played legit gets punished, this is wrong in so many ways b:shocked.

I cant really see how the exploit was causing that much dmg either. 1 Medal was always 20k DQ points which you could buy from another player. Buying the item or buying DQs and trade for the item is pretty much the same thing. Its not like Medals sold for more or less coins than 20k DQs points even if tradeable. Its not like the exploit duplicated already existing Medals or created new Medals. But maybe i'm missing something lol.
    many said it already, i did already too but i'll do it again.

this is a big wealth redistribution away from non cs grinders (dq item price drop, as long nothing valuable will come as dq reward) towards cash gamers.

cash gamers depend on f2p gamers because those farm goods for them they just want to buy.
    the f2p gamers depend on the cash gamers to get some nice boutique goodis.

that means by that redistribution of income the whole server population is effected in the long run. no matter if they wanted to get rank9 or not.
    and i am sure for many the incentive to play this game will just disapear. a shrinking server population will cause others to quit as well.

medals will be avaible again, over cash shop or another way. maybe it will be more expensive. but that won't hurt the game much.
    the true damage is done by taking income away from a significant percentage of the player population.
    You realize this will make you lose money right? You put on the rep sale but there is now no way to obtain medals. Who is gonna cash shop rank 9 now? NO ONE

You also screwed over all non-cash shoppers and they will probably quit. Putting medals in the dqrewards was an amazing thing you did for the game. People actually started grinding again. This brought world PvP back to the game.

You guys also may not realize this but non-cashshoppers are important to the community too. I don't know many people who want to play a game that only has a handful of people left all of whom cash shopped rank9 +10 fullset. Even those people will quit eventually.

Having the medals available in the player market also made rank9 more accessible to CASHSHOPPERS. I know many people who were planning on getting rank9 for alts or finishing their rank9 set but you guys have made it an impossible fantasy. They were willing to spend money on you guys but now that its going to cost so much more or won't even be possible due to lack of medals they won't. Also rank9 doesn't mean jack without refines and gems. They would have cash shopped that too. But now that rank9 is impossible to get they have nothing to refine, nothing to shard.

Please put the medals back in the dqrewards list.... tradeable or untradeable and please do it soon before the damage you've done to your game is irrepairable.

Please put the medals back before tons of people quit the game.
  • Meliko - Harshlands
    Meliko - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2011

+1000000000

I farmed enough points for my medals -.- and now this. shoulda taken them out yesterday I guess but how was I to know... not very motivated to get r9 now b:worriedb:bye
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I use it for dyes and i'm saving for the event gold since rank 9 is still a long way away for me. Not everyone uses the dq rewards for the medals of glory, and maybe if people weren't exploiting them (or buying the exploited medals of glory) then we wouldn't be having this problem. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. >.> All those people who say they weren't gonna get rank 9 because its OP and not worth it and for cash shop players but still are QQing over the medals are probably the people who were **** everyone over by exploiting the glitch in the first place. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Nospheratu - Harshlands
    Nospheratu - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I use it for dyes and i'm saving for the event gold since rank 9 is still a long way away for me. Not everyone uses the dq rewards for the medals of glory, and maybe if people weren't exploiting them (or buying the exploited medals of glory) then we wouldn't be having this problem. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. >.> All those people who say they weren't gonna get rank 9 because its OP and not worth it and for cash shop players but still are QQing over the medals are probably the people who were **** everyone over by exploiting the glitch in the first place. b:angry

Exploiting the glitch DOES NOT **** anyone over. Medals are technically available for trade whether or not they are actually tradeable because people sell DQ items in cat shops and auction house. Freaking out about this glitch and blaming the players DOES NOT make any sense at all.

What did **** everyone over is the fact the whether you cash shop or not medals of glory are NOT available. and the people who exploited the glitch are now able to sell medals for 30million+ coins BECAUSE they are no longer available on the dqrewards page

People who grinded and saved their DQpoints legitimately planning for rank9 have been screwed over and their efforts have been wasted. That really does suck. I really hope PWE will take responsibility for this and find someway to compensate those people.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I never exploited any glitch and I grinded ALL. all this time lost for nothing? Sorry, but it's not everyone who care about dyes, pets,... here -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Mendy__ - Sanctuary
    Mendy__ - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well the rep sale is out for a month... if people choose to buy the medals for 30+mil then... the deserve to pay it- be patient, maybe they will put them back in the cash shop or dq points
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011

^this
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I might get flamed and I don't care much.

Yeah it's sad the medals are nowhere to be found for those patient or rich enough to get R9.

But what about those who can't or simply don't cashshop ?

Isn't DQ points a way for them to get "free" charms/fash, rides and such ? (although overpriced compared to boutique equivalent)

And before u tell me i'm jealous or pointed as "He takes their sides cause he's too poor to catshop and he's jealous of them" I did "encourage" game by putting some in this month, allowed me to sell gold and get Gorenox Vanities. So i'm now "semi-included" in the Cs'er Although i'm nowhere near those who put 1000+, I think I put near 1/2 that in the year I played so far.
  • Kinir - Lost City
    Kinir - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Tisha and Tienkeng stones as well, but people don't know how to refine anyway :P.
  • Solinarie - Dreamweaver
    Solinarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    all you ppl QQing about the medals... omfg, can you all S T F U about medals of glory not being on the dq page anymore, not everybody plays the game for the stupid rep/rank gear. yeah, its neat, nifty, and shiny, but like i just said, not all of us care about it, and im sure we are all tired of your whining. use your powers of whining for something more useful, like the real problems in the game, not the ones you make up.
    This will make you laugh!
    1) Open Google Maps (directions).
    2) Type China as your starting point (A).
    3) Type Taiwan as your destination (B).
    4) Read step 48.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I might get flamed and I don't care much.

Yeah it's sad the medals are nowhere to be found for those patient or rich enough to get R9.

But what about those who can't or simply don't cashshop ?

Isn't DQ points a way for them to get "free" charms/fash, rides and such ? (although overpriced compared to boutique equivalent)

And before u tell me i'm jealous or pointed as "He takes their sides cause he's too poor to catshop and he's jealous of them" I did "encourage" game by putting some in this month, allowed me to sell gold and get Gorenox Vanities. So i'm now "semi-included" in the Cs'er Although i'm nowhere near those who put 1000+, I think I put near 1/2 that in the year I played so far.

No, because the DQ points aren't "free". If you catshop for the DQ, you're spending lots of money on it. If you aren't catshopping for it, then uh... You're grinding for it, or getting it from mobs and such. You had to kill the mobs, so it still wasn't free, IE, repairs, pots, etc. Granted, the items themselves probably got you more money than said pots/repairs were taking... But still, not free compared to someone just GIVING you the DQ points.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Solinarie - Dreamweaver
    Solinarie - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Please put the medals back before tons of people quit the game.

let them quit., maybe things will quiet down. and FYI, they had to take them out, it was getting exploited as a bug, jeebus ppl, you are all idiots.
    This will make you laugh!
    1) Open Google Maps (directions).
    2) Type China as your starting point (A).
    3) Type Taiwan as your destination (B).
    4) Read step 48.
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    let them quit., maybe things will quiet down. and FYI, they had to take them out, it was getting exploited as a bug, jeebus ppl, you are all idiots.

By doing so on a r9 sale they just raised the price of them by 3x, so all those people just benefited 3x from doing it, jeebus you are an idiot.

If they wanted to fix it, they could have simply done this IN BETWEEN the sales. It should have been a simple fix behind the sence and impliment. Instead they strand everyone out in no mans land with all their chips to get rank 9 and no way to get any medals without paying a **** ton for them. They are completely clueless. b:bye
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    To Late I just loged in to see what going on got 4 dq's in half and hour.. just the staw that broke camels back. Told em to **** off in main and hopefully I'm perma banned so I'm never tempted to log this worthless pile of trash again.. I truly hope more follow suit and show these COWARDS what is up.

Say again **** off pwi. Crooks
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I gotta say you plants that are sticking up for the actions of this company are among some of the most ignorant sheep I have ever met.. YOUR whats wrong with sociaty. Not got the guts to stand up for injustice you just let them run all over you.. COWARDS
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    all you ppl QQing about the medals... omfg, can you all S T F U about medals of glory not being on the dq page anymore, not everybody plays the game for the stupid rep/rank gear. yeah, its neat, nifty, and shiny, but like i just said, not all of us care about it, and im sure we are all tired of your whining. use your powers of whining for something more useful, like the real problems in the game, not the ones you make up.

I am sick of all you QQers QQing about those who QQ about about MoG's. Please stop QQing cause some of us don't care about your QQ....Oh waitb:shockedI just QQed >.<.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Kinir - Lost City
    Kinir - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I gotta say you plants that are sticking up for the actions of this company are among some of the most ignorant sheep I have ever met.. YOUR whats wrong with sociaty. Not got the guts to stand up for injustice you just let them run all over you.. COWARDS

Didn't you say you were quitting before I went to golf? Why are you still here? Leave, go build a bridge, find a new viable energy solution, do something other than whine about how the game you made is so much better. Oh wait you didn't make a game, maybe go do that.
  • Anjiru - Sanctuary
    Anjiru - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Will "at the moment" turn into a couple of weeks again?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:laugh
    ---
    "Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics."
  • GrYnnAn - Sanctuary
    GrYnnAn - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011

+1

But when it comes to PWI, I've learned to not hold my breath.
    ...Except when I want to do my Smurf expression..