how do i beat a psychic?

pwiqq
pwiqq Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Assassin
I found out psychics are harder than most arcane armour class because they have buffs and skills i don't really understand. One of the skills is that they are able to resist your attacks for a short while. I've tried D sparking on this skill but its takes a good while for me to actually hit anything on them. Like a good 5 seconds. The other skills is that they have an automatic chance of stunning you. I usually open with antistun from stealth, then i stun and then d spark. This attack combo isn't as successful unlike agaisnt a other classes. How do i beat a psychic. I need help to shed a little light on the psychics skills and a pretty combo that can punch their face in!

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1138561&page=2

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by pwiqq on

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You don't >>
    Psys are pretty much THE anti-sin class. Your only hope is to not be pure and either stat some vit or go HA so you don't get facerolled in one shot or kill yourself.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yup, Psys are not only the main anti-sin class, but also the anti-melee class.

There's an insane psy on my server that has a ridiculous amount of soul force, and his soulburn does 5.3k everytime I do anything against him lol. 2 self-buffs = I'm dead. Of course I was just playing around because I would not want to go against him seriously. An arcane nearby also said the soulburn did 8k damage on him. This is basically the only time absolute domain can kill you XD. And a bm that was semi-trying to kill him just got silenced every 3 seconds. The psy just walked around.

And the skill you stated is also a self purify as well.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    ZeaKuro - Raging Tide Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I find DPH to be more effective than APS against them because of the reflected damage.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
    synonyms: murderer, killer, gunman, executioner, informalhitman, hired gun.
    Latin assassnus; Greek δολοφόνος
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I think your only hope is to catch one out of stealth with their pants down in PK b:cute
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    I think your only hope is to catch one out of stealth with their pants down in PK b:cute

Psys have stealth now? b:shocked
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
    1. One who murders by surprise attack, especially one who carries out a plot to kill a prominent person.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Yup >.> or if one is attacked by many

I think he worded it wrong XD

I understood it as "catch one while you're in stealth getting out of stealth with an immobilizing skill"
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Psys have stealth now? b:shocked

-facepalm- I knew I didn't word that right...b:beatup\

Correction: While in stealth, find one in PK with their pants down and pop then before they can react.
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    -facepalm- I knew I didn't word that right...b:beatup\

Correction: While in stealth, find one in PK with their pants down and pop then before they can react.

I'm on a PVE server, if you are outside of SZ you are ready to fight. So there isn't much luck for catching them off guard.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Then you're doomed Zea...b:embarrass
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Then you're doomed Zea...b:embarrass

I prefer difficult fights over 1 hit kills. It comes down to knowing the players and their abilities, as well as your own.

Though I often attack knowing full well that I will die.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • pwiqq
    edited April 2011
    soo the only way is to get more hp? b:cry There's absouletly no way to gain control over them? I didn't expect for everybody to say that there is no way to beat them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwiqq
    edited April 2011
    hmmm... would D spark out of stealth and then attack with bow be a good way to pwn them?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    If they're prepared for you, they'll still bleed your ****.
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Some things to remember when fighting Psys:

1. If you APS them you will kill yourself with reflect damage before their domain wears off.

2. Psys need chi, get rid of their chi and you stand a better chance. I think there is a genie skill for that.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Psys need chi, get rid of their chi and you stand a better chance. I think there is a genie skill for that.
    A Demon fairy can do it, but it has a gigantic cooldown. I don't think there are any genie skills...
    -checks Ecatomb-

Edit: I'm wrong.

Virulent Poison:
    Reduce the target's Chi by 5% of the total amount.
    Deals wood damage equal to 10 times the amount drained over 3 seconds.

Strength: Every 5 Genie Strength points increases the Chi reduction by 1% and the duration by 1 second.
    ~Spazz~
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    I was pretty sure there was one that could do it. Give that skill a go, use it as you are leaving stealth before they react.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    as a psy the only thing ill say is the dumbest thing to do is get relaxed and try to 5 aps us

(facerolls keyboard, WHY ARNT I WINNING!!!!!!! b:laugh)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Along with the demon chi skill that reduces chi by 50.

Demon sparking with a bow still can prove quite a problem, as SoV still works against that. And soulburn would destroy you, if their soulforce is that strong.

In truth Psys are the more OP'd ones in 1v1 than sins, if played correctly.
  • supertroyman1
    edited April 2011
    oh and theres also a skill to get chi to so better be extra carefull b:laugh
  • supertroyman1
    edited April 2011
    lol did math on the calc other day.
    full +12 all psy has like 50k+ soulforce.
    let me put it this way our soul of vengence would probably kill u with that much soulburn=1 shot into another server. and atks added in with it summons chuck norris b:laugh
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    lol super, there's a psy on our server that has that (not full +12, but everything of his is at least +(2 digits)). full r9 as well.

His soulburns does 5.3k damage on me everytime i do anything besides jumping and walking.
  • ZeaKuro - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    lol super, there's a psy on our server that has that (not full +12, but everything of his is at least +(2 digits)). full r9 as well.

His soulburns does 5.3k damage on me everytime i do anything besides jumping and walking.

One day I fought him in PK I actually ticked his charm once or twice, but as soon as he built up his chi I was gone. Keep in mind I didn't APS I skill spammed, so I had time to heal in between the reflect damage. I think the weakness to psys would be debuffs/purge and if you can find out how to keep them from getting chi.
    as-sas-sin
    /əˈsasin/
    n.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, a psy with chi = someone you definitely don't want to touch in 1v1
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    So to answer your question, pwiqq, roll on a PvP server (if you aren't on one already) and just faceroll lowbie psys xD
    ~Spazz~
  • Shurtgal - Heavens Tear
    Shurtgal - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    umm, i HAVE duelled psys lvl 100 and stuff, and EVEN when they have ALL their buffs on, TELEPORT STUN works... idk y, but it DOES...teleport stun, wait fr ur stun to wear of, DO NOT HIT THEM (tp actually stuns fr 5 secnds instead of the mentioned 3), and then 1 shot them when their buffs are down... unless they have sage white vodoo, they shld be dead
  • Shurtgal - Heavens Tear
    Shurtgal - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1 shot can be achieved with maxed chil of the deep, and then demon spark+inner harmony+head hunt
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    duels =/= pvp shurtgal..

and any good psy would know how to counter that easily. 3 seconds to wait for demon spark animation to end is more than enough for a psy to react. not to mention it's another second to inner harmony to HH, using your example.

in duels you're basically guaranteed the first stun since there's a countdown, and you can spam click/hotkey your telestun. but in pvp, the chances of that happening are low. or high if you're against a bad psy
  • KVB - Dreamweaver
    KVB - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    -.- seriously? occult ice, maze steps..kill, if u got silenced multiple times and they still live after occult, use telestun + AD and kill em... if they still live they r hacking D: pretty much stun lock em and pray to god they wont luck their way out like they always do..
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    The little bit of time they get while you are silenced and occult ending is more than enough for them to throw up their Psychic Will, Expel, or Soulburn on you. Or even pop an anti-stun pill.

As the psy I've fought, telestun + AD kills me. 5.3k damage off of me with telestun, 5.3k again with AD with soulburn on. And in a PvP situation, waiting for that debuff to go off is just a ticket to death. Stealth while you got it on and that's even more damage.

Overly powered Psys are impossible to touch in 1v1 :(
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    duels =/= pvp shurtgal..

and any good psy would know how to counter that easily. 3 seconds to wait for demon spark animation to end is more than enough for a psy to react. not to mention it's another second to inner harmony to HH, using your example.

in duels you're basically guaranteed the first stun since there's a countdown, and you can spam click/hotkey your telestun. but in pvp, the chances of that happening are low. or high if you're against a bad psy

PvP = Player verses Player = Duels
    Skai, you're confusing PvP with PK.
    ~Spazz~