Theoretical Situation

Options
CUTEandSOFT - Lost City
CUTEandSOFT - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Let's say you're in a relationship with someone who was awesome in the beginning. Then after a while the person starts getting abusive. It gets too painful and you want it to stop. You tell that person to stop, yet they continue. They shower you with gifts and flowers just to shut you up so they can continue the abuse. You stay with this person and keep taking it. Why do you stay?
Post edited by CUTEandSOFT - Lost City on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    referring to pwi ... yes, i would stay, the smex is good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Let's say you're in a relationship with someone who was awesome in the beginning. Then after a while the person starts getting abusive. It gets too painful and you want it to stop. You tell that person to stop, yet they continue. They shower you with gifts and flowers just to shut you up so they can continue the abuse. You stay with this person and keep taking it. Why do you stay?

love is as blind as a bat.

obviously the benefit of recieving gifts/flowers and the love of the guy/girl outweight the fact they are abusive.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Only a complete IDIOT would stay. Also, this belongs to Offtopic Discussion.

/thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Because the cookies... =o_O=
    [insert sig here]
  • flamingahole
    flamingahole Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'd stay so I can make sure he/she continues to drink the poison I'm slipping into his/her morning coffee.
    You have three chances to guess the reason for the post above.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm an emotionless husk of a human, devoid of pain receptors and incapable of joy. The abuse, along with the gifts, I store in the crawlspace under my porch. Would you like some lemonade?
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Because you think that, no matter how abusive that person may be now, maybe one day your pleas will be heard. Maybe one day, they'll turn back into the person you feel in love with, and stop being abusive.

Edited, but maybe a bit too late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Flickerfae, edit your post. I wanna see how many people can figure it out on their own. b:avoid
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Relationships that you can ignore by turning off your computer or logging off aren't real. Do not get too attached to fantasy.

I don't know how many times an in-game couple say, "oh, we're together IRL" and then I ask, oh you live near each other.... "no". Oh, so you've actually met... "no". Well it's not fu**ing IRL then huh?

What the hell is up with kiddies today. IRL = they don't just cyber in-game, they cyber on MSN too. /facepalm
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Relationships that you can ignore by turning off your computer or logging off aren't real. Do not get too attached to fantasy.

I don't know how many times an in-game couple say, "oh, we're together IRL" and then I ask, oh you live near each other.... "no". Oh, so you've actually met... "no". Well it's not fu**ing IRL then huh?

What the hell is up with kiddies today. IRL = they don't just cyber in-game, they cyber on MSN too. /facepalm

i met my fiance in this game sure it started out us not meeting for a bit but then we met and she moved in with me. just cause you meet someone online doesnt mean you cant fall in love with someone.

edit: what i fail to understand is how when someone falls in love in a game can it possibly make you mad? are you mad that they have love and you dont? are you jealous of that fact?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

so wanna meet irl?b:thanks
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So far only four people, including myself, can decipher the real message in the OP's useless post.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So far only four people, including myself, can decipher the real message in the OP's useless post.

no i saw the real meaning blah blah pwi sucks why play anymore blah blah blah but i failed to care.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i met my fiance in this game sure it started out us not meeting for a bit but then we met and she moved in with me. just cause you meet someone online doesnt mean you cant fall in love with someone.

edit: what i fail to understand is how when someone falls in love in a game can it possibly make you mad? are you mad that they have love and you dont? are you jealous of that fact?

You fail to realize the difference is that you actually MET?

I know at least a half-dozen guys in-game that go from girl to girl and say all the pretty things, buy them all the pretty gifts, and then in a month or two move to the next pretty girl after telling the last one "I love you so much, you're the only one for me" before completely forgetting about them and bluntly moving to the next leaving a trail of broken hearts.

Yeah, that's real life. Especially when you haven't met.

Until you meet, it's just fantasy because you can't just log-off, you have to deal with their smelly feet, their bad habits, everything you DON'T get to see when you really don't know them IRL.

Mad or jealous? You're an idiot. lol

so wanna meet irl?b:thanks

You're not too far away. That's an afternoon road trip. b:sin
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nah it was obvious, just not really....accurate. I don't really see how PWI doing anything to their playerbase, sales or otherwise, can be seen as abuse. Obviously they've done things that people disagree with, myself included, but that hardly constitutes "abuse" in the connotation OP is implying.
  • flamingahole
    edited April 2011
    Options

You are an exception. Good for you (I'm not being sarcastic at all even if it may seem that way) but I generally look at online relationships the same way I look at relationships between teens.

I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about; you're 14 and just asked that boy/girl you have a crush on if he/she wanted to go out with you and he/she said yes. You're obviously ecstatic and you proclaim your undying love and talk about how you'll grow up together, get married, maybe have kids, and live happily ever after.

Fast forward a couple weeks and the relationship's dead. A few might last for a year or two but very rarely does anything more come of that first crush. Even less actually get their happily ever after.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Nah it was obvious, just not really....accurate. I don't really see how PWI doing anything to their playerbasesales or otherwise, can be seen as abuse. Obviously they've done things that people disagree with, myself included, but that hardly constitutes "abuse" in the connotation OP is implying.

ya, there are very little things that they can do that isnt destructive in nature to the game.

in fact the recent removal of medal of glory is about the best thing they can do..

remember the old saying, if you find yourself in the hole stop digging?

yeah they are doing that. But the problem here is will help come to get them out of the hole.

Codes related to the game arent govern by them, so they have not much control over it. If such a bug exist, it might take months of even years to fix due to it not being a high piority.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
    edited April 2011
    Options

No, I plainly saw it but chose to address the post because recently a girl I know had her heart stomped on by her "IRL boyfriend" who she never met. He loved her then abused her, told her how much he loved her the day before he ignored her for another girl who he tried to seduce and when he failed, moved on to the next one several days later while I had to partially deal with the fallout. Poor girl. Stupid is as stupid does. And I warned her. lol

But yes, I've even described the player/company relationship like that in the past as well. Old news. Seeing how it just gets worse over time when so many people who defended PWI is suddenly QQing makes me laugh and think "I told you so".
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    No, I plainly saw it but chose to address the post because recently a girl I know had her heart stomped on by her "IRL boyfriend" who she never met. He loved her then abused her, told her how much he loved her the day before he ignored her for another girl who he tried to seduce and when he failed, moved on to the next one several days later while I had to partially deal with the fallout. Poor girl. Stupid is as stupid does. And I warned her. lol

But yes, I've even described the player/company relationship like that in the past as well. Old news. Seeing how it just gets worse over time when so many people who defended PWI is suddenly QQing makes me laugh and think "I told you so".
    was it PC? >_>
    edited April 2011
    Options
    was it PC? >_>

lol nope. But he falls into that category too.

I feel sorry for all the nice girls with romantic hearts that get broken because of sociopaths. lol
  • Jatoni - Sanctuary
    Jatoni - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why You Be Fallin In Da Love Wit Da Fake Peepoll Mang Dont Be Fallin In Love Wit Dem Fake People Mang I Got A Big Monkey And I Dont Be Fallin In Love Wit Dat Big Monkey Im Just Be Sayin Dont Be Fallin In Da Love With Doze Big Booty Polygon Dont Be Doin Dat Yo.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm an emotionless husk of a elf, devoid of pain receptors and incapable of joy. The abuse, along with the gifts, I store in the crawlspace under my porch. Would you like some lemonade?

Fixed it to apply more generally to all clerics. So, who's up for BH after maintenance? Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will try to drag me into 3-3! b:surrender ("devoid of pain receptors" and all...)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    One thing I said that I would never do

A look from you and I would fall from grace

And it would wipe the smile right from my face

Do you remember when we used to dance

And incidents arose from circumstance