unbind gear without losing it being destroyed completely.

Options
2»

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ^ this

but i do agree with the suggestion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • elinash93
    elinash93 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree that there should be an option to unbind. I have a set of TT80 Gold, which auto-binds upon equipping. If there's gear that binds by itself when you equip it, then why shouldn't we get the option to unbind it?

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    defeats the purpose of binding. no risk, all reward. when is that ever a good idea?
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    necro... check the post dates plz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    first off u dont have to be a pker to drop equipment ive seen barbs drop their calamitys dying in fb69 tanking. i do agree that their should be some sort of item to equip to unbind things like when they finally came out with the two headed wyrm for the untamed class i was stocked charged gold spent 25$ to get it and another 50C to bind i even upgraded it later on with wind wigets to make it faster spending more money on it. now they finally have an untamed fly mount in the cash shop that does 3.2 ms fly speed and id like to get it.

what do i do with my old mount? just trash it? spending money on pixels alone is pretty dumb and for the fact that now i cant do anything with what ive got sucks as well. its like throwing 30 bucks in a paper shredder cause i like confetti.

i dont see how it would eliminate guardian angels either seeing as how the saftey lock has pretty much done that already. and even so you can still drop items in your inventory. i believe anything purchased with real money in the item shop should have the option of not being droppable. other than equipments such as things like items from anni packs. but they should still be tradeable.

anything i spend my hard earned money on in a game should be mine until i deem it otherwise. if i drop something from being pkd that i spent my money on its kinda like being mugged at knife point and having your wallet stolen. like the other person said make an unbinding charm charge gold for it. id love to unbind my old flyer and my old calamity set and my tauren cape and sell them to go towards getting better items.......b:angry
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I'll make a noob question now: do you drop your gear during TW too? or only when you're in PK mode or in a PK server?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Title speaks for it's self really. A lot of us spend a lot of time and money crafting TT weapons, dying clothes that special color, etc. So we bind them to our charactors so we dont risk losing said gear and flushing all that hard work down the toilet when we die. But then we might want to pass our TT70 sword to an alt when we get the TT80 or might want to sell our skirt to get a dress, whatever. I think those who chose to bind their gear should have the option to unbind it if they wish to sell or trade.
    first off u dont have to be a pker to drop equipment ive seen barbs drop their calamitys dying in fb69 tanking. i do agree that their should be some sort of item to equip to unbind things like when they finally came out with the two headed wyrm for the untamed class i was stocked charged gold spent 25$ to get it and another 50C to bind i even upgraded it later on with wind wigets to make it faster spending more money on it. now they finally have an untamed fly mount in the cash shop that does 3.2 ms fly speed and id like to get it.

what do i do with my old mount? just trash it? spending money on pixels alone is pretty dumb and for the fact that now i cant do anything with what ive got sucks as well. its like throwing 30 bucks in a paper shredder cause i like confetti.

i dont see how it would eliminate guardian angels either seeing as how the saftey lock has pretty much done that already. and even so you can still drop items in your inventory. i believe anything purchased with real money in the item shop should have the option of not being droppable. other than equipments such as things like items from anni packs. but they should still be tradeable.

anything i spend my hard earned money on in a game should be mine until i deem it otherwise. if i drop something from being pkd that i spent my money on its kinda like being mugged at knife point and having your wallet stolen. like the other person said make an unbinding charm charge gold for it. id love to unbind my old flyer and my old calamity set and my tauren cape and sell them to go towards getting better items.......b:angry

Agree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Hello,

my point is, I never planed to go in PK and the chance to drop own items while fighting bosses isn't that high, I think.

But I wanted a bow on lvl 80, and there is only one bow at the TT forges for lvl 80 and I had to bound it on my char.
    Fine! Now there is a really 100% chance to never lose my very expensive bow in a fight with mobs or bosses. Thats really cool, but if there would be a second bow in the TT Forges, what doesn't need to bound, I would take this one. Because there should be a chance to give such items to other archers in the faction or friendlist. I can't do that with the Soulsmasher, cause it's bound.
    There are 3 or 4 crossbows, but only one bow and this one is to bound (please tell me if i am wrong at this point). It doesn't look very different to the unicorn, only the shining color is another, but its very very hard to get the 2 Golden Spirits for...and at the end only ONE player can use this great item. Most players go for a crossbow at this lvl, and I think, not only because CBs make more damage...

Maybe we should get back one or both Golden Spirits (or the rare items that are needed for the other kind of gold weapons) if we destroy such stuff. Then there is no need for an "unbind charm thingy".

Exe

Great idea!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2010
    Options
    I suggest that if you get killed by someone who is 3 or more levels higher than you, you drop nothing!.[COLOR]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Wow,quad-posting.

Those TT items are investments made on your part.Not really anyone's fault that you wanted a bow at 80 and the only bow at 80 was that TT one.
  • Skooomu - Lost City
    Skooomu - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    In all honesty if you Think this depletes the use of GA's then your stupid,
    All gms would have to do is Make a Cash shop item that unbinds 1 item say for 2-5g....
    Bam gms make money you may lose out on 600k-1.2mil buying the item, but if its good you should get more then that anyways:P
    I would buy that cashshop item Lots b:dirty
    GMS MAKE IT!!!!!b:angry
    On A Epic Quest To Prove Heavy Armored Clerics Can Own
    Pm me if you need bosses done(Within reason)
    I dont need a squad=)
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Title speaks for it's self really. A lot of us spend a lot of time and money crafting TT weapons, dying clothes that special color, etc. So we bind them to our charactors so we dont risk losing said gear and flushing all that hard work down the toilet when we die. But then we might want to pass our TT70 sword to an alt when we get the TT80 or might want to sell our skirt to get a dress, whatever. I think those who chose to bind their gear should have the option to unbind it if they wish to sell or trade.

Do you even know why the binding system has been made in the first place?
    Mostly to prevent 'stealing'/hacking, or to make sure someone else (no matter who) can make you lose your bound item.
    That is also why the destroying progress takes up to 72 hours. Why not immediately? Because, if ****, the original owner should be able to have time to cancel the destroying progress when he/she recovered his account.

We all bind gear for a reason; to not lose it. That includes hacking and PVP.
    Binding is more a security reason.
  • Bollojello - Sanctuary
    Bollojello - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Necro!
  • SIX_SIN - Archosaur
    SIX_SIN - Archosaur Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have TT100 fists that i made back in the day that i would love to unbind now cuz i moved up to rank9 and dont need them anymore so they just sit in my bank doing nothing. and if they did make a unbinding system make it take like 7d to do then there would be really no problems leave enough time if it was not u to stop it, hell y not make money well ur at it and sell unbinding charms for like 25g then people would double think it.....
  • Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Necro -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    all hail the mighty necromancer with his mighty necromancing, necroing powers!!!111!!!
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You already know you get better gear as you level so just don't bind anything until you hit the top tier.
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^^^ exactly. all this crying about unbinding is just stupid. after level 101 you can use the absolute best gear in the game, even if the level cap is increased they would still be very valid weapons to use for a while, it it's worth it to bind them.
  • offthewalldancer
    offthewalldancer Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    So what about gear that binds when u equip it. so now i cant have my friend make it nirvana now. this part of the game and many other like it make me wanna quite. They need to change may things that could make this game easier to play and make more money for them. cause if i had to spent 5gold to get a unbinding scroll i would. and i have 8 bound items. thats money in pwi's pocket. and many people will do this over and over again to prevent themselves from losing their gear.
  • Cantor - Raging Tide
    Cantor - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    which ultimately means more people spending money.

... or more people gets offended by extortion and leave PWI...
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.