unbind gear without losing it being destroyed completely.

Swoop - Heavens Tear
Swoop - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Suggestion Box
Title speaks for it's self really. A lot of us spend a lot of time and money crafting TT weapons, dying clothes that special color, etc. So we bind them to our charactors so we dont risk losing said gear and flushing all that hard work down the toilet when we die. But then we might want to pass our TT70 sword to an alt when we get the TT80 or might want to sell our skirt to get a dress, whatever. I think those who chose to bind their gear should have the option to unbind it if they wish to sell or trade.
You'll never see me running away, I will stay to be

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

Images blur, I'm coming alive
Post edited by Swoop - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I thought there was an option to unbind things at one of the PWI Agents in-game or w/e?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2009
    I thought there was an option to unbind things at one of the PWI Agents in-game or w/e?

If there is i've never heard of it. Only option i've ever found is "Destroy bound gear" at Traveling vendor hsu in Etherblade. If you know who and where this mysterious npc is, I'm all ears

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

• vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    I believe it was something they removed if it did allow the item to remain.

At any rate, this probably isn't going to happen since it forces people to keep buying new equipment instead of just selling/trading out, which ultimately means more people spending money.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    vagrant0 wrote: »
    I believe it was something they removed if it did allow the item to remain.

At any rate, this probably isn't going to happen since it forces people to keep buying new equipment instead of just selling/trading out, which ultimately means more people spending money.

That's entirely possible - I haven't paid attention in a long while as I have no intention of going white named in the near future.

That said - doesn't holding a GA in your inventory prevent item drops?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • vagrant0
    vagrant0 Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    That's entirely possible - I haven't paid attention in a long while as I have no intention of going white named in the near future.

That said - doesn't holding a GA in your inventory prevent item drops?
    It reduces it, but eliminates it. But then again so does never being red/pink name.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    ThommiX - Lost City Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No,if its binded it stays binded. Don't bind stuff if you ever intend to give/sell/trade it away.

If you could just unbind everything you binded,nobody would ever lose stuff since they would just bind them all,all the time.

Which would in turn make guardian angels obsolete,since binding is so damn cheap.

Guardian angels are there for that. You don't ever drop anything with GA's.

No. Bad idea and not thought through.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Floyd - Heavens Tear
    Floyd - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    yeah i wouldn't bind anything untill your at max lvl or i should say when teh game si at max lvl cuz then well it's max lvl and the armor who knows may or may not get better
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] shed no tears, show no fear
  • Dinath - Sanctuary
    Dinath - Sanctuary Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    No,if its binded it stays binded. Don't bind stuff if you ever intend to give/sell/trade it away.

If you could just unbind everything you binded,nobody would ever lose stuff since they would just bind them all,all the time.

Which would in turn make guardian angels obsolete,since binding is so damn cheap.

^This ^

/10char
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009

The point is to give people the option to unbind gear that they binded because it took weeks of effort to optain. And they didnt want to lose it at the time. But when they pass the required level for the weapon, etc it becomes obsolete. And simply having the choices of losing it and not getting anything back or just letting it gather dust in the corner of your inventary seems rather un fair.

So, yes it was thought through and it's not a bad idea

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    The point is to give people the option to unbind gear that they binded because it took weeks of effort to optain. And they didnt want to lose it at the time. But when they pass the required level for the weapon, etc it becomes obsolete. And simply having the choices of losing it and not getting anything back or just letting it gather dust in the corner of your inventary seems rather un fair.

It is called planning and consequences.... If you plan on killing people, there are consequences, if you did not want to keep on spending money in angels, and wanted a one time cheap alternative, than the cost is the gear itself.

The alternative to binding gear, as someone said, is to use angels. So there is no need to change the way Binding works, since there is already an alternative.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited September 2009

Lol thats some selective reading... I gave the alternative which is already in the game, that is,use guardian angels.

As someone else also said, if you dont want to lose gear,dont go pking,dont go red, you don't drop stuff when white.

If you want to pk,dont want to lose items and plan on selling/trading them, use guardian angels simply. No need for unbinding.

Cost of binding is the gear/item itself, think about it before you bind it.

You just want a cheap way of keeping your gear while pking and you aren't thinking at all that there is a way to that already in game. Oh wait,you're in pve-server, this doesn't concern you,you can go blue whenever you want to and prevent all item drops that way.

Or you just want your old binded gear unbinded because you didn't think ahead when binding them and now are after the money you could get from them.
    Just makes me curious,why on earth you ever binded your stuff in pve-server where you can be blue if you want to... If reason is pking, read from above.

Heck, even safety lock protects your items now, though without angels they can shatter. Still the item won't be lost,only needs to be repaired.

There, two ways to not have to bind anything ever,already implemented in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    They should make an unbinding charm and make it cost a fortune, like 5 or 6 gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThommiX - Lost City
    edited September 2009
    They should make an unbinding charm and make it cost a fortune, like 5 or 6 gold.

That is extremely cheap price for carefree pking and never losing a single item,ever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

-Lost city-
  • haze17
    haze17 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    good idea lol
  • Moranine - Lost City
    Moranine - Lost City Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Well that amount was just an estimate to let you guys know what i mean. If i were to set the price i would go at least 15 gold maybe 20.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    Lol thats some selective reading... I gave the alternative which is already in the game, that is,use guardian angels.

As someone else also said, if you dont want to lose gear,dont go pking,dont go red, you don't drop stuff when white.

If you want to pk,dont want to lose items and plan on selling/trading them, use guardian angels simply. No need for unbinding.

Cost of binding is the gear/item itself, think about it before you bind it.

You just want a cheap way of keeping your gear while pking and you aren't thinking at all that there is a way to that already in game. Oh wait,you're in pve-server, this doesn't concern you,you can go blue whenever you want to and prevent all item drops that way.

Or you just want your old binded gear unbinded because you didn't think ahead when binding them and now are after the money you could get from them.
    Just makes me curious,why on earth you ever binded your stuff in pve-server where you can be blue if you want to... If reason is pking, read from above.

Heck, even safety lock protects your items now, though without angels they can shatter. Still the item won't be lost,only needs to be repaired.

There, two ways to not have to bind anything ever,already implemented in the game.

ok i'll try to go slow so u can keep up. I know its going to be hard but please try your best.

1) Binding should not be a one shot deal

2) if you want lvl 50 gear bound to you when you're lvl 90, that's you businuss. (I'm aware that you havent said you have lvl 50 gear, so dont bother pointing that out)

3) when i bound my gear I was NOT aware that it couldn't be unbound. When binding gear it does not say "Bound gear cannot be unbound".

4) You only lose gear in pk mode? bollocks. I lost 80 wing widgets while fighting jewel, and I've dropped my Summer pattern top when I died near sumor camp. And I have NEVER been in pk mode and have always been blue named. So dont give me that bull **** about gear only droping if you're red or white named. So yea I did think a head.

5) Yes I do want the money from them, so what?

6) safty lock lasts for 1 minute, by the time you fly or walk, whatever to where you're going to fighting, the safty lock has ended. So how the bloody hell is supposed to protect your gear?

7) now this might be hard for you to crasp,

If we have the option to unbind gear those who do want to can and those who dont want to dont have to. Its called choice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

edited September 2009
    If we have the option to unbind gear those who do want to can and those who dont want to dont have to. Its called choice.

You already have that option... you just happen to loose the gear. So you have a choice.

Also, when you bind your gear you get a big **** warning saying you will not be able to unbind it without loosing the gear... the same warning you get on TT gold gear....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    6) safty lock lasts for 1 minute, by the time you fly or walk, whatever to where you're going to fighting, the safty lock has ended. So how the bloody hell is supposed to protect your gear?

You can extend how long safety lock lasts... And I think gear only shatters when you're pk'd so if you want to protect gear from dying randomly to mobs then you can use safety lock. If, however, you want to go red without consequences... tough luck.
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    You already have that option... you just happen to loose the gear. So you have a choice.

Also, when you bind your gear you get a big **** warning saying you will not be able to unbind it without loosing the gear... the same warning you get on TT gold gear....

losing bound gear is not a choice because its not made by the player. Its one thats made for you. If you dont know the difference between making a decision and having one made for you, thats your problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

edited September 2009
    losing bound gear is not a choice because its not made by the player. Its one thats made for you. If you dont know the difference between making a decision and having one made for you, thats your problem.

You seem to have miss the part where YOU were complaining that you had no options. I am kindly pointing out that YOU have options and warnings.

YOUR choice to ignore them is the problem, not the lack of warning about gear getting bound.

Also, you do not have to make TT gold gear, you can buy it from other people, in case you did not know.
  • Swoop - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2009
    You seem to have miss the part where YOU were complaining that you had no options. I am kindly pointing out that YOU have options and warnings.

YOUR choice to ignore them is the problem, not the lack of warning about gear getting bound.

Also, you do not have to make TT gold gear, you can buy it from other people, in case you did not know.

we DONT have the option to unbind our gear without losing it. IF we did I wouldn't be asking for it? Who said I had bound TT gear? I didnt. People do like to make assumption dont they?

You want to unbind TT gear..

You didn't think ahead....

You did because of pk...

blah blah blah...

The reasons I bound my gear and what I bound, and the reasons why I want to unbind them is irrelevant.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In the picture

• Ni_Chang - Sanctuary
    Ni_Chang - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2009

The game makes a decision for us and its our choice? Really?

Can I have what you're smoking?
    edited September 2009
    we DONT have the option to unbind our gear without losing it. IF we did I wouldn't be asking for it? Who said I had bound TT gear? I didnt. People do like to make assumption dont they?

You want to unbind TT gear..

You didn't think ahead....

You did because of pk...

blah blah blah...

The reasons I bound my gear and what I bound, and the reasons why I want to unbind them is irrelevant.

Nope, however, they expect you to read what is posted. I said you had the warning when you bound your gear, and the same was as TT gold gear gives a warning. Nowhere it was said you have TTgold gear.

They pointed out that there is alternatives to binding gear, like using angels or locking your gear.

Nobody cares why you bound your gear, it was your choice, for whatever reason. We are telling you that the cost to undind is loosing the gear, however, there are other option to not loose it, if you choose to use them.

People are also poiting out that being able to unbind gear would make for consequence-free cheap pvp, since people would not need to pack angels, and they would not need to lock their gear and having a chance of shatering it.
  • Ni_Chang - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    You can extend how long safety lock lasts... And I think gear only shatters when you're pk'd so if you want to protect gear from dying randomly to mobs then you can use safety lock. If, however, you want to go red without consequences... tough luck.

Why does everyone assume this has something to do with PK? As far as I've read Swoop didnt say anything about PK being the reason she bound her gear. Or that she wanted to go into PK mode.
    edited September 2009
    The game makes a decision for us and its our choice? Really?

Can I have what you're smoking?

The game gave you the option to buy the binding charm or not. There are alternatives in place so you do not have to bind gear. The choice of what to use was yours. There is your choice.

You had warnings on the charm itself and when you bind the gear. You had a choice to continue or not.

What else do you want?
  • Ni_Chang - Sanctuary
    edited September 2009
    The game gave you the option to buy the binding charm or not. There are alternatives in place so you do not have to bind gear. The choice of what to use was yours. There is your choice.

You had warnings on the charm itself and when you bind the gear. You had a choice to continue or not.

What else do you want?

I dont think the choice of buying the charm or binding the gear is the problem. Its taking away our choice to unbind our gear if we want to. No player with half a brain cell would choose to lose her gear. So there is no choice on that.
    edited September 2009
    I dont think the choice of buying the charm or binding the gear is the problem. Its taking away our choice to unbind our gear if we want to. No player with half a brain cell would choose to lose her gear. So there is no choice on that.

Than dont unbind and you will not loose your gear. Sometimes you will choose to loose your gear to make space for new one, so it has nothing to do with braincells and more to do with inventory space.

How come you bound your gear instead of using angels?

The charm is cheaper upfront because it costs the gear itself once you no longer want it. There is nothing wrong with that, it is a financial choice people can make, you made the choice to go cheap, now live with it.

Also remember, this would have a huge impact in pvp, since it would become dirt cheap to safeguard one's gear, and it would be totaly consequence free.... maybe they could even make it so you could re-use the charm once you un-bound it....
  • Hemoglobin - Lost City
    Hemoglobin - Lost City Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Yes, this must be changed, 100%.
    I spent like 30 dollars for a flyer, bound it, thinking that it could be unbound. I even asked my friend if things can be unbound, she said yes, so I did it. It was like spur of the moment. Now, I want to unbind it and sell it so I can get a flyer for my mount, and find you cannot unbind. This is rediculous, you're telling me I wasted 30 dollars of my money to bind something and now I can't unbind it? That's just not right!

Change this plz GM's, or unbind my equips. Idc, I just need a way to unbind my stuff. I'm out 5m if this isn't changed, and that's just not fair.
  • Mala_Curica - Lost City
    Mala_Curica - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    well that would be nice but it wont happen..
    angels are best selling thing besides charm.
    what u think why shattering was added?cuz everyone start bind
    theirs things,keeping clean inv and u dont need angels when ur red name..
    so they add shattering and u need angels even with binded equipment b:surrender
    i would rather they change dropping items to 0% for white names,its enough
    u getting pked by higher lvl and if u drop something,really dont seem any fair
  • _Executrix_ - Dreamweaver
    _Executrix_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello,

my point is, I never planed to go in PK and the chance to drop own items while fighting bosses isn't that high, I think.

But I wanted a bow on lvl 80, and there is only one bow at the TT forges for lvl 80 and I had to bound it on my char.
    Fine! Now there is a really 100% chance to never lose my very expensive bow in a fight with mobs or bosses. Thats really cool, but if there would be a second bow in the TT Forges, what doesn't need to bound, I would take this one. Because there should be a chance to give such items to other archers in the faction or friendlist. I can't do that with the Soulsmasher, cause it's bound.
    There are 3 or 4 crossbows, but only one bow and this one is to bound (please tell me if i am wrong at this point). It doesn't look very different to the unicorn, only the shining color is another, but its very very hard to get the 2 Golden Spirits for...and at the end only ONE player can use this great item. Most players go for a crossbow at this lvl, and I think, not only because CBs make more damage...

Maybe we should get back one or both Golden Spirits (or the rare items that are needed for the other kind of gold weapons) if we destroy such stuff. Then there is no need for an "unbind charm thingy".

Exe
This discussion has been closed.