IP Addresses and Luck

Options
mssabin49
mssabin49 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Chronicles
A GM friend of mine recently suggested that IP addresses bear heavily on the kind of luck we have in the game.

By luck, I mean the items we do or do not get when opening packs and the amount of drops we might get when in squad mode.

I've been playing PWI on multiple servers for well over two years and I've consistently noticed that I rarely get drops in squad mode (5 molds on 6 alts in two years) and the amount of items I receive when opening packs are almost nonexistent; for instance, in opening $50 worth of Socket packs, I received 99% 10-socket packs and no gems. I don't even want to get into my abysmal results during the recent Lucky Coral and Tiger Pack event, where I spent an obscene amount to get one Lunar Cape and an FCC weapon. Oh, and the Battle Pet packs -- I have 3 hercs, each of which cost me about $300 because nearly 100% of the packs were for 10 feathers or SoF.

This is not a QQ; I'm fortunate enough to have a nice income and plenty of disposable money to invest in the game. Contrariwise, I'm rapidly approaching the moment when I'll no longer be willing to flush money down the toilet to support a game where the deck is stacked so completely against me.

Doubtless, some will follow up this post gloating about how lucky they are. Others will accuse me of wining about my bad luck. The point they will be missing is that it is not luck at all; rather, it's a matter of nothing more than an obscure algorithm, based entirely on your IP address, that predetermines how successful you're going to be in the game.

My question, PWI, is why should some of us fight an up hill battle from the onset while others are destined to cruise their way through the game?

If the trolls want to accuse me of being a sucker, I suppose that's a title that fits. But no more, PWI has gotten the last of my money.
Post edited by mssabin49 on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol ip address has no effect on pack luck. nor does it effect luck in anything period especially since both me and my fiance get random luck on everything.

oh and i love how you say "gm friend"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You have three hercs? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • mssabin49
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol ip address has no effect on pack luck. nor does it effect luck in anything period especially since both me and my fiance get random luck on everything.

You're wrong. What you're really saying is you and your fiance are fortunate enough to have IP addresses that are not negatively impacted. "lol" does not offer up proof of anything.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mssabin49 wrote: »
    You're wrong. What you're really saying is you and your fiance are fortunate enough to have IP addresses that are not negatively impacted. "lol" does not offer up proof of anything.

lets see your proof that it affects it because lets face it, it requires no effort for proof when your on my side of the arguement all you said is you have bad luck lol.

edit: hey we can even solve it here and now post a ss of your gm friend saying it or lets see your gm friend post in here saying its affected by it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • mssabin49
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lets see your proof that it affects it because lets face it, it requires no effort for proof when your on my side of the arguement all you said is you have bad luck lol.

edit: hey we can even solve it here and now post a ss of your gm friend saying it or lets see your gm friend post in here saying its affected by it.

Face it, you don't know one way or the other. I will not post the GM's name or the conversation because it was given to to me in strictest confidence and I'm not going to get them fired over it.

My question, Escorian: why are you arguing about something you know absolutely nothing about? Do feel free to offer up something more than your opinion.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Face it, you don't know one way or the other. I will not post the GM's name or the conversation because it was given to to me in strictest confidence and I'm not going to get them fired over it.

My question, Escorian: why are you arguing about something you know absolutely nothing about? Do feel free to offer up something more than your opinion.

my point is your just on here qqing cause you have horrible luck period. trying to blame it on an ip address is stupid as hell. the fact is YOU know nothing about this. it was given to you in the strictest confidence? then why would you come on pwi forums complaining about it? your gm friend would get pissed off about it. we all know your just saying you have a gm friend so people will take you seriously. b:chuckle

edit: also it falls on you to post proof of what your saying. not the other person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• mssabin49
    edited April 2011
    Options
    my point is your just on here qqing cause you have horrible luck period. trying to blame it on an ip address is stupid as hell. the fact is YOU know nothing about this. it was given to you in the strictest confidence? then why would you come on pwi forums complaining about it? your gm friend would get pissed off about it. we all know your just saying you have a gm friend so people will take you seriously. b:chuckle

Oh, please, do better than that. Statements, like "we all know," which are intended to legitimize your shallow opinions are utterly transparent.

If you can neither prove nor disprove my statements, then please bow out. The fact that you've now resorted to calling my post a QQ is yet another indicator of the weakness of your argument.

Prove or disprove what I've said.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh, please, do better than that. Statements, like "we all know," which are intended to legitimize your shallow opinions are utterly transparent.

If you can neither prove nor disprove my statements, then please bow out. The fact that you've now resorted to calling my post a QQ is yet another indicator of the weakness of your argument.

Prove or disprove what I've said.

lol again it falls on you to prove what your stating but your refusing to show any proof of what your saying. your proving to us infact that you are nothing but a complete whiner when it comes to your luck and are looking for any specific reason to blame it on anything but luck. again if your gonna complain about something then you have to back it up not look for other people to back it up for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• mssabin49
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lol again it falls on you to prove what your stating but your refusing to show any proof of what your saying. your proving to us infact that you are nothing but a complete whiner when it comes to your luck and are looking for any specific reason to blame it on anything but luck. again if your gonna complain about something then you have to back it up not look for other people to back it up for you.

This is my last response on the subject, as I've no intention of debasing myself to sophomoric name-calling.

As you well know, I cannot prove my claim; neither can you disprove it. PWI is not going to admit to the fact, and that makes it a rather moot issue.

One fact does remain, you haven't any substantive basis for challenging my statement.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This was a lol moment post, There's no affect on IP addresses VS luck with packs. My brother plays occasionally on his characters on MY SAME LAPTOP that I use, his pack luck is nearly 10 times greater than mine is, where I'd get out 10 gold coin boxes from cube (the 1m ones) 9 sadness cards and 1 Ecstasy, he'd get 5 of each, 50 packs for me would get me 49 token packs 1 BL pack. 50 for him would be 5 BL 3 charms, and the occasional event item.

We're on THE SAME IP ADDRESS, THE SAME LAPTOP. That alone blows your lie out of the water :)
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What date is it today?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Unless someones broken my record i still have the record of worst pack luck :P(500 packs with every single pack normal tokens) Wtb ip address b:thanks
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options

oh and i love how you say "gm friend"
    This was a lol moment post, There's no affect on IP addresses VS luck with packs. My brother plays occasionally on his characters on MY SAME LAPTOP that I use, his pack luck is nearly 10 times greater than mine is, where I'd get out 10 gold coin boxes from cube (the 1m ones) 9 sadness cards and 1 Ecstasy, he'd get 5 of each, 50 packs for me would get me 49 token packs 1 BL pack. 50 for him would be 5 BL 3 charms, and the occasional event item.

We're on THE SAME IP ADDRESS, THE SAME LAPTOP. That alone blows your lie out of the water
    :)
    This is my last response on the subject, as I've no intention of debasing myself to sophomoric name-calling.

As you well know, I cannot prove my claim; neither can you disprove it. PWI is not going to admit to the fact, and that makes it a rather moot issue.

One fact does remain, you haven't any substantive basis for challenging my statement.

lets see 2 people with the same ip both cases and both have different luck... him i think your "theory" was disproven. your "statement" was nothing you made up except to try to make an excuse for your horrible luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Kudome - Heavens Tear
    Kudome - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    april fools day joke?b:surrender at least i hope the OP was jokingb:chuckle
  • Gorwulf - Sanctuary
    Gorwulf - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    if your ip address starts with a number over 255 youre gona be lucky with every single pack you open
  • Dpicic - Harshlands
    Dpicic - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    if your ip address starts with a number over 255 youre gona be lucky with every single pack you open

b:chuckle
    +1 lol
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My GM friend told me if you live in Antartica,every pack you open will have Scroll of Tomes,even Battle Pet Packs.

My GM friend also told me if you are level 1 and you gain exactly 1xp,you auto level to 150.
  • Brus - Lost City
    Brus - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My friends Admins invited me to a cup of tea to discuss IPv6.
    Their Dev friends also want to implement a new idea:
    If your IP has the numbers 777 in it, then you have 90% chance to get awesome stuff, but if it has 666 in it, you won't get anything good.
    Also if you open a pack from an IP that never donated, you have 50% rise in chance of goodies the first three tries so that makes you donate and buy tons of packs, however if your IP already donated, the chance goes back to normal.
  • Marche - Harshlands
    Marche - Harshlands Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    A GM friend of mine recently suggested that IP addresses bear heavily on the kind of luck we have in the game.

By luck, I mean the items we do or do not get when opening packs and the amount of drops we might get when in squad mode.

I've been playing PWI on multiple servers for well over two years and I've consistently noticed that I rarely get drops in squad mode (5 molds on 6 alts in two years) and the amount of items I receive when opening packs are almost nonexistent; for instance, in opening $50 worth of Socket packs, I received 99% 10-socket packs and no gems. I don't even want to get into my abysmal results during the recent Lucky Coral and Tiger Pack event, where I spent an obscene amount to get one Lunar Cape and an FCC weapon. Oh, and the Battle Pet packs -- I have 3 hercs, each of which cost me about $300 because nearly 100% of the packs were for 10 feathers or SoF.

This is not a QQ; I'm fortunate enough to have a nice income and plenty of disposable money to invest in the game. Contrariwise, I'm rapidly approaching the moment when I'll no longer be willing to flush money down the toilet to support a game where the deck is stacked so completely against me.

Doubtless, some will follow up this post gloating about how lucky they are. Others will accuse me of wining about my bad luck. The point they will be missing is that it is not luck at all; rather, it's a matter of nothing more than an obscure algorithm, based entirely on your IP address, that predetermines how successful you're going to be in the game.

My question, PWI, is why should some of us fight an up hill battle from the onset while others are destined to cruise their way through the game?

If the trolls want to accuse me of being a sucker, I suppose that's a title that fits. But no more, PWI has gotten the last of my money.

I pew pew ur lies

i have opened over 20k gold in packs for friends and guild mates as well as myself (all in total btw) the few packs i bought cuz i cant CS :( i r broke has left me with mostly tokens i got lucky on 50 once got a scroll and my cloudcharger cape ina pack of 50 :D

the other 19.9k were from friends to open for them since my luck for opening other peoples packs is better then opening my own -.-;

i have gotten enough event helms and boots lunar and fc weps rings best lucks capes tokens gems charms tomes and stupid ****ing crab mounts for friends that u could gear a faction -.-

the IP has nothing to do with it my point is its like buying a lottery ticket then losing and saying well only people on this block in this city who are awake at this time of day and eat this for dinner will win

stop making sheet up

as well why 3 hurcs? why not just change 2 sets of the hurc things in to nixs have 2 nixs anda hurc o.o or 2 hurcs anda nix :O
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Almost right. There's only 1 lucky IP address: 255.255.255.255 b:victory
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ah yes, the "GM friends" myth. I've heard that one already. You need better stories for your April Fools' prank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no pic no proof

/thread
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!