Great game so far, just need some help with Mouse Sensitivity / Rotation Speed.

Options
alaru
alaru Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm really enjoying this game. The graphics are beautiful, the gameplay is nice. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the A+D Rotation speed, like, when you press A the camera starts moving Really REALLY slowly, and I'm on a laptop so I can't use the mouse that well. If I could somehow increase the sensitivity of my mouse for this game I could probably be able to move around a little better but then again I'd really prefer the A+D Rotation to be a little faster rather than using my mouse.

Also, is there a way to change the spell hotkeys to 12345678 instead of F1F2F3F4F5F6F7F8. Sorry for my horrible grammar, English isn't my strong point. If there's something you don't understand let me know and I'll try to type it out better.
Post edited by alaru on

Comments

• murpheuss
    murpheuss Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I just started this game too and I am also enjoying it a lot.
    I haven't seen any setting yet for the mouse sensitivity, maybe on that part someone else using a laptop can provide help. Regarding the hotkeys 1 to 6 and F1 to F8, you can easily change the spell of item placed in them by drag and drop between both bars. example: click and hold "Normal Attack@ from F1 and drag to the numeric hotbar "1" and release. You can put in any item, spell or emoticon.
    Hope this helps you
  • zadamanim
    zadamanim Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Sorry to necro this, but I'm having a similar issue and there is this weird probationary period on the forums when you make a new account that keeps you from opening a new thread. Is there no way to change the mouse sensitivity in-game? This is a very standard option in any game that uses a mouse. DPI can be changed on certain mice, so that isn't a HUGE issue... The bigger one is that there is no camera rotation speed / sensitivity setting. For me, the camera swings uncomfortably fast when I hold right click. Also is there a way to scale the UI? The font, skill bars, items, quest dialog, it's all very small on a 1080p monitor. Lastly, and this is pretty unrelated (again sorry for hijacking / necroing) but I get frequent framerate drops in this game when moving, even with low settings. I have an Nvidia GTX970, this shouldn't be happening.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    No, the game has no option for setting the mouse sensitivity, and the UI does not scale well at all. I would recommend a 720p resolution if you are having trouble with the size of the UI on a 1080p screen.

The client doesn't care about your GTX970. It's only designed for a single CPU core, and at the time the software was developed, a high-end GPU had 32MB RAM. The best way to get good performance is to pull every process except the client off of Core0.
    Which gives me an idea I'll need to test if I get free time again.....​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • zadamanim
    zadamanim Posts: 2 Arc User
    Options
    Well, that sucks, but thanks for the quick reply! I guess the game really is just that poorly optimized. I think it could benefit GREATLY with a little post processing (SSAO, bloom, depth of field, vignette) which, being screen-space effects, can be thrown into any game with relative ease (many PC games get these as mods shortly after release). Allowing hyper-threading is a job for an experienced programmer, though, since you need to sort processes onto different cores one-by-one, and SOMETHING always breaks. Anyway, I'll keep playing the game to see how it is. By this point, visiting PWI feels like a museum tour, lol. Thanks again!