2x Weekend DC Fest

Options
Siggeh - Raging Tide
Siggeh - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
This is about complete BS. We get a 2x event due to all the Dc-ing that has been going on this week, yet through the whole weekend All I have done is dc constantly. Now, I can go multiple hrs standing in town and Not Dc. Nor have 95% of my friends list DC, but soon as we start do actually do something productive instead of just being lazy standing in town, we get dc'd. Complete bull!

Example: We do a nirvana get to the 3rd boss, 1.4/1.5 mill HP left, The BOSS resets, Then massive lag, Squad wipe and Oh yea DC!b:angryb:angry

This needs to get fixed before massive amount of people quit the game. It's nothing a waste of effort and Time. Hp Charm ticks as well as a waste of a key.

We want answers, When is this getting fixed? Are you going to extend 2x so that people CAN actually use it? What's taking so long to fix it?

Enough of my rant, i'm getting more ticked off the more I writeb:shocked
Post edited by Siggeh - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Duhu, name 1 thing Pwi fixed....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Did i just hear fix ddos ? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    DC'ing is a new feature in PWI, just like rubberbanding.
  • Siggeh - Raging Tide
    Siggeh - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm starting to think it really is...
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And please remember to keep giving PWI your hard-earned money in support for all that they fix and do for us.
  • Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seriously they are doing their best. There isn't much they can do. Call up their ISP and tell them get off their asses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seriously they are doing their best.

Just like bringing gold price back down the earth.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just like bringing gold price back down the earth.

GMs have no control on gold prices that is the players raising it so high and people actually paying that much for the gold. ie i choose to pay 1 mil for gold it would rise to 1 mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    GMs have no control on gold prices that is the players raising it so high and people actually paying that much for the gold. ie i choose to pay 1 mil for gold it would rise to 1 mil.

Yeah, they do have a little control. Did you notice the price fluctuation when packs were on sale vs not on sale? Take out packs, and do the sales on less popular items. Do a perfect iron hammer sale, now that those supply stashes have time limits less will want them. Do a lvl 1 mat sale. Do a fireworks sale. Keep this up for a few weeks until the prices go down. Then make the items available in packs available as dq rewards. Like 500k dq points for a scroll of tome. There won't be as much reason to get the packs. Then put them on sale, and the prices won't reach a million. But people can still use the tokens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Teje - Dreamweaver
    Teje - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I ran BH's/FB's/Quests and suffered no DC's, neither did anyone was in Party with.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, they do have a little control. Did you notice the price fluctuation when packs were on sale vs not on sale? Take out packs, and do the sales on less popular items. Do a perfect iron hammer sale, now that those supply stashes have time limits less will want them. Do a lvl 1 mat sale. Do a fireworks sale. Keep this up for a few weeks until the prices go down. Then make the items available in packs available as dq rewards. Like 500k dq points for a scroll of tome. There won't be as much reason to get the packs. Then put them on sale, and the prices won't reach a million. But people can still use the tokens.

of course they are gonna put packs on sale how many threads you see QQing when people have to pay 12k a token? not to mention would you put something on sale knowing no one would buy it even if you did?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    of course they are gonna put packs on sale how many threads you see QQing when people have to pay 12k a token? not to mention would you put something on sale knowing no one would buy it even if you did?

I'm not saying that it would do anything to help them, I'm saying that if they wanted to do something about the gold prices they could. However, I don't see the need to something like that any time soon. However, I'm sure PWI made a lot of money when they took packs away for a while and threw them on sale to spike the price in gold. Probably more than when people had become used to the the sale price and stopped buying them from the boutique. I wouldn't care about token prices, if all i cared about was profit since the vast majority of token users are not buying packs from the boutique to obtain tokens. They are buying them from other players, which doesn't make me anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Facepalm.
    Gold prices are 100% controlled by sales. Players are easily and predictably influenced to increase gold prices according to the sale items and price. Every sale increases gold price by the same amount each time it's put in the cash shop. Learn a thing or two about the games economy...
  • LadyLavinia - Lost City
    LadyLavinia - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Facepalm.
    Gold prices are 100% controlled by sales. [...] Learn a thing or two about the games economy...

Games economy? O.o
    This game have no real economy xD
    And Gold Prices are controlled by Lvl 100+ and Sales not only with sales on my opinion.
    100+ ppl pay (and can pay) that high amount of coins for gold and packs and dont really care about it cause they have enough money -.-
    Just an example:
    Im Lvl 92 now and need to run MANY HH and other things to get the one or other million of coins.
    I'm not that far away of Lvl 100 you see ;)
    My brother for example IS already Lvl 10x.
    Money?
    No Problem ^^
    Just search for an NV squad, run NV multiply times a day and earn around 10 mill that day!
    SO why not paying 1 mill for Gold? O_O
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    We want answers, When is this getting fixed? Are you going to extend 2x so that people CAN actually use it? What's taking so long to fix it?

I'm sorry, DDoS attacks cannot be "fixed" due to them being...you know...attacks, and ****.

Someone out there in the wide world is attacking both government and civilian sectors across the globe, for god only knows what.

Instead of attacking PWE, how about you go read up on that thread titled "server issues" and edumicate yourself before throwing tantrums.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

I think I shall call you Yulkorian.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Facepalm.
    Gold prices are 100% controlled by sales. Players are easily and predictably influenced to increase gold prices according to the sale items and price. Every sale increases gold price by the same amount each time it's put in the cash shop. Learn a thing or two about the games economy...

Not only this, but also... gold cap used to be set at 1 mil. It was removed with no reason given.

Tell me how players are responsible for that, hmm? Can't in any way blame players when it goes over (which it does, from certain sales).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sales dont set the market, packs do.
    when you could buy packs for 50 for 18 gold, you were guaranteed 7.5 million coins, just from making wine, and turning it into triump money (aka npc price of tokens)
    if gold was 600k like normal, that would be 10.8 million coins. so every 50 packs you open, if you ONLY got tokens of luck and no best lucks or items, you'd only lose 3.3 million coins. The odds of that being a common pattern are unlikely.
    So of course the gold value went up. In the end the economy as it currently stands is derived completely from the value of potential gain from packs.
    What I fail to understand, is why anyone cares. If you need gold, buy it when it's cheap. What do you need all the time that costs gold? Hell, cats usually sell for better than current gold price if there was a decent sale any time in the last few months anyway.
    Why didn't you buy when it was low, and sell or use the gold when it was high?
    And, why the hell has this topic become about gold prices -.-
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sales dont set the market, packs do.
    when you could buy packs for 50 for 18 gold, you were guaranteed 7.5 million coins, just from making wine, and turning it into triump money (aka npc price of tokens)
    if gold was 600k like normal, that would be 10.8 million coins. so every 50 packs you open, if you ONLY got tokens of luck and no best lucks or items, you'd only lose 3.3 million coins. The odds of that being a common pattern are unlikely.
    So of course the gold value went up. In the end the economy as it currently stands is derived completely from the value of potential gain from packs.
    What I fail to understand, is why anyone cares. If you need gold, buy it when it's cheap. What do you need all the time that costs gold? Hell, cats usually sell for better than current gold price if there was a decent sale any time in the last few months anyway.
    Why didn't you buy when it was low, and sell or use the gold when it was high?
    And, why the hell has this topic become about gold prices -.-
    Implying gold is ever cheap

You must be new.
    What do you need all the time that costs gold?

Seeing as how the best gears in the game are ONLY available from the cash shop, not to mention the only way to reliably refine as well as charms which are 100% neccessary for some parts of the game like TW, we need a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Leolin - Dreamweaver
    Leolin - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I supply myself with charms very easily, I simply npc DQ for DP, whenever I get 50,000 DP I can buy some silver charms...
    Not that hard to farm tbh.
    And tw is the only part of the game that requires charms, in fact it gets in the way in other parts to an extent (although for farming it's good for me to have an mp charm, but as a bm the cost is small heh)

Gold is cheap...at times. Not new, I was too late to get the anni fashion by a month or so tho, so that makes me cry a little, but meh. When gold can go down to 600k and as high as 1 mil, then gold is cheap. Especially if you use the sales. Buy gold at 600k, sell for 1 mil. Simple practice. Watch a couple ads during the time you hold the gold before the next sale skyrockets the price, and you cover the auction fee.

I take offense that the best gears are only available from cash shop, unless you mean r9.
    If yer plan is to farm enough for r9...good luck, it'll take a long time.
    r8? entirely possible to get the rep for it without cash shopping. Even with the high gold prices tho, even r8 on sale costs around 80 mil or less. Hardly an issue. Try buying TT99 or god forbid nirvana with 80 mil.

I dont even wanna hear about refining. Gold barely spiked the last dragon orb sale. They're relatively cheap. Are they expensive as hell? oh yes, yes they are. But hey, yer looking to refine end game items here.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

QQ we want moar packs token prices are too high, QQ gold prices too low i wanna sell gold, QQ packs are back take them away, QQ gold prices are too high i blame gm for it cause they make game *GASPS* QQ i open 500 packs and got nothing thats gm's fault, QQ why he get so much stuff and me nothing? QQ i want 2x drops, QQ 2x drops is hurting market again i blame gm again, QQ server down i blame gm, QQ server up i lag 300ping is too much, QQ rubberbanding but im too lazy to push one button to fly again, QQ game is dead, QQ scroll of tome, QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQb:chuckle

Get real scroll of tome for 500k dq points its too easy, how do you think the gms should live, they should get no pay and go beg on street for money to get food, your way of thinking is beyond selfish, its easy to make money in game you just gotta think >.>
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    QQ we want moar packs token prices are too high, QQ gold prices too low i wanna sell gold, QQ packs are back take them away, QQ gold prices are too high i blame gm for it cause they make game *GASPS* QQ i open 500 packs and got nothing thats gm's fault, QQ why he get so much stuff and me nothing? QQ i want 2x drops, QQ 2x drops is hurting market again i blame gm again, QQ server down i blame gm, QQ server up i lag 300ping is too much, QQ rubberbanding but im too lazy to push one button to fly again, QQ game is dead, QQ scroll of tome, QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQb:chuckle

Get real scroll of tome for 500k dq points its too easy, how do you think the gms should live, they should get no pay and go beg on street for money to get food, your way of thinking is beyond selfish, its easy to make money in game you just gotta think >.>

heh, that was pretty good :)...and ya! +1
  • XRyukenxx - Heavens Tear
    XRyukenxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Facepalm.

hate to burst ur bubble captain derp, but players set ingame economy prices not GMs.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

That's cuz some people are **** and QQ about everything. However, you can't say they put packs on sale because of the **** people that wanted it. They were going to do it anyway.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That's cuz some people are **** and QQ about everything. However, you can't say they put packs on sale because of the **** people that wanted it. They were going to do it anyway.
    +1 to this.

Very rarely does the mass QQ on these forums ever really affect anything. Packs were going to be back on sale regardless and everyone here with two brain cells to rub together knew it.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The 2x this weekend is not an "event" it is just compensation.

Can you honestly say you have spent more time dc'd than logged in? Fuzzy doubts it.

For all the complaints about "not being able to make the most of 2x" isn't the point at all. From what the panda understands, it wasn't enabled to allow people to make the most of it, simply to make up for what might have been lost from 10min here an there from dc's.

If you know the current state of the servers and that they are suffering slight instability, who is the real one to blame if you choose to activate something such as the 99key quest?

If you have sadly suffered from dc'd and choose to undertake such a quest, who is the real one to blame?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hate to burst ur bubble captain derp, but players set ingame economy prices not GMs.

Note: Your avatar says level one, which makes all the sense in the world.

Gold prices go up and down based upon sales as well as market/economy inflation. While it's true that "GMs" don't regulate gold prices, PWE's marketing team does. 'Nuff said.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "GMs" don't regulate gold prices, PWE's marketing team does. 'Nuff said.

It is a 50/50 equation..

Marketing chooses what to sell, players set the actual in-game gold price. If no one was willing to pay the AH gold price, Fuzzy suspects it would be lower. That would appear however to not be the case. People are still buying gold during any given sale at the current player set price.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Marketing chooses what to sell, players set the actual in-game gold price. If no one was willing to pay the AH gold price, Fuzzy suspects it would be lower.

This only applies to a certain extent. After all, PWI does have various items that can only be attained from the cash shop and are used to gain coin directly. Worst case scenario on packs, for example, is ~6.5mil for 50 gold. However, unless you have horrible luck, getting that consistently is unlikely and that means you'd get more coin. Let's not forget what happened with Chest of Coins and iron hammers. Players could refuse to buy gold at 200k as much as they wanted but that item, in and of itself, showed the marketing team has a far larger amount of control over prices than the players do.
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've made 22mil just from doing nirvanas during 2x so far... Haven't dced during any. So my conclusion is your server is having issues still or your internet is having issues.
    And I highly doubt, like fuzzy said, that you've spent so much time dcing. Stop complaining on the forums and actually play the game. -.-

EDIT: Only time I've seen anyone dc in my nirvana squads this whole time is from being teleported out of nirvana, and into the mass of people and catshops buying/selling crystals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein