Mystic vs. Other Classes Skill Comparison

Options

Comments

• xxxdsmer
    xxxdsmer Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the two's pet heals... as a veno i am also jealous theirs maxes at 50 something, but another thing i noticed about mystic's petheal.. its channel and cast times are considerably shorter than veno's petheal.. and while it uses considerably more mana, it *can* also be spammed alot more often than veno's petheal (even comparing lv10 vs lv10)
    i'm pro all classes, and against none in particular..
    but the age old QQ about venos is just that. OLD.
    QQ'd about a nix lately? check out this thread n tell me who's "OP" lol..
    (copy and paste this to address bar):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=102172
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought I'd like to point out that a mystic's res skill is not 2600 that ecatomb says. I asked a friend of mine who maxed it (he has crazy mana to do it) and said that it was, indeed, closer to 4k mp usage. I have mine at level 6 and it takes 2400 (a little less than half my mp pool). But still, it's a very useful skill to throw on a cleric so they don't lose full exp when they release.

As for the whole math aspect of Thicket...it's 2am and math makes my brain hurt without it being this late. But assuming that you can get a hit in (that skill is actually useless against strong aoes--one-hit the suckers in succession), I don't even see their damage. I see the freeze and seal, but barely any damage. I'm going to take a closer look though.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Stipulation - Heavens Tear
    Stipulation - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    technically the ulti for mystics will outhit the ulti for wizards if you have a weapon that does more than 800 damage averaged out, as is the case with most lev 90+ weps.

Thus mystics win ^_^
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I thought I'd like to point out that a mystic's res skill is not 2600 that ecatomb says. I asked a friend of mine who maxed it (he has crazy mana to do it) and said that it was, indeed, closer to 4k mp usage. I have mine at level 6 and it takes 2400 (a little less than half my mp pool). But still, it's a very useful skill to throw on a cleric so they don't lose full exp when they release.

oh yea, i forgot to change this when i saw level 10 is 3,800 MP. thanks for reminding me ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    technically the ulti for mystics will outhit the ulti for wizards if you have a weapon that does more than 800 damage averaged out, as is the case with most lev 90+ weps.

Thus mystics win ^_^

I am not saying that you are right or wrong. I just am not sure how you came to this conclusion.
  • juracristiano
    juracristiano Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Very nice. I am new on PWI (i used to play PWBR) and i am still looking for my class :p. I think i made my choice.
  • WaveShadow - Heavens Tear
    WaveShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I would agree with most of the comparisons here but the MP cost for the revive is really outrageous. My mystic is only lvl 39 but she is the biggest mana hog i have ever played. And when a single skill you would like to use at least on two people in the party takes 1/2 your mana, i think it's a little too high on mana cost, especially compared to the miniscule (comparatively) cost of cleric resurrect.
  • SatanicTroll - Sanctuary
    SatanicTroll - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystics should go **** themselfs...nothing is better than a Cleric heal :P... Veno pets are better b:chuckle Just Sayin'
  • FeitMACHO - Raging Tide
    FeitMACHO - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Mystics should go **** themselfs...nothing is better than a Cleric heal :P... Veno pets are better b:chuckle Just Sayin'

Veno got healing skills and revive?
    Cleric got a pet to help DD ?
    Oh, no! So, can you stop trolling, please? :)
  • Illithra - Archosaur
    Illithra - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah sure Mystic comes in 2nd compared to Veno or cleric alone. The thing is a Mystic can do both a cleric's and a veno's job. They (when combined) make a mystic a lot more useful then a veno or a cleric by themselves.

I've been calling the Mystic a "Vemonancer on steriods"....The demon is superior to the pets because...1) is always the same level as the mystic when you summon it...2) cost nothing to care for....3) can travel/fight on land air or in the water....4) and if the demon is about to die and you don't want to heal it, you can make it explode and debuff the enemies around....and 5)the demon matches or excels any pet I owned in battle(never owned a herc or that other one you have to pay real money for).....Now lets talk plant summoning......they attack the enemy in thier range(switching to another target automacily after first is dead), and also can be made to explode before the duration.....and well they can't change into a fox/tiger and go to the front line, their great range fighter and have resurrect and other good healing skills to make up for their lesser melee ability.....I'm dumping my vemonacer to concentrate on my mystic.......never really tried a cleric so can't make any comparison.....
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've been calling the Mystic a "Vemonancer on steriods"....The demon is superior to the pets because...1) is always the same level as the mystic when you summon it...2) cost nothing to care for....3) can travel/fight on land air or in the water....4) and if the demon is about to die and you don't want to heal it, you can make it explode and debuff the enemies around....and 5)the demon matches or excels any pet I owned in battle(never owned a herc or that other one you have to pay real money for).....

Hmm... No, no and no.

I think you chose your word wrong. "Superior', to me, is something that refers to the pet's abilities. So, having to lvl up/feed/rez a pet isn't itself a factor to inferiority/superiority of something. Like you wouldn't say an armor is better than another one just because it looks prettier, even if it has worse stats/bonuses.

Secondly "if you don't want to heal it"... LOL. First, why wouldn't you wanna heal your pet ? Then the worse in this sentence is your misinformation. If you sacrifice a PET (a summon, more precisely) it won't explode and damage/debuff ennemies around. It will grant you certain buffs for 20 to 30 secs (for Salvation). The damage/debuff exploding things are the plants. And you don't/can't heal plants.

Finally... I'd rather 100x times have a herc I must lvl up/feed/rez (which I have on my veno...) than something that doesn't need all this but has 1/4 its resistances.

The point is, Mystics aren't meant to be tanks, eventhough we're kinda able to solo/tank some bosses with our summons. We aren't meant to have a mini herc in our skill tree. Summons are meant to DD mostly (or protect, in Salvation's case).

Veno have their own advantages with pets that we don't have: they can tank much better than us with a herc. Mystics have other advantages venos don't have: our summons can aoe, stun for 5 secs, protect us or other people, or deal massive damage in Cragglord's case. And, in general, they hit harder than veno's pets when they use their skills.

Btw, I'd just ask, referring to Cragglord's topic that: Thanks pwi Cragglord doesn't last long enough for us to really solo with it tanking. Why ? Well, if you have for free something that can do a Herc's and a Nix's jobs at once, it would be totally unbalanced toward venos who would have spent hundreds of $ or millions of coins in two pets that mystics could have for free in one and thus do the job even faster and more easily.

Every class has their purposes and are essentially different even when they have many common points. That's the beauty of the game and the whole reason why different classes exist.
  • Chickflic - Archosaur
    Chickflic - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hmm... No, no and no.

I think you chose your word wrong. "Superior', to me, is something that refers to the pet's abilities. So, having to lvl up/feed/rez a pet isn't itself a factor to inferiority/superiority of something. Like you wouldn't say an armor is better than another one just because it looks prettier, even if it has worse stats/bonuses.
    Secondly "if you don't want to heal it"... LOL. First, why wouldn't you wanna heal your pet ? Then the worse in this sentence is your misinformation. If you sacrifice a PET (a summon, more precisely) it won't explode and damage/debuff ennemies around. It will grant you certain buffs for 20 to 30 secs (for Salvation). The damage/debuff exploding things are the plants. And you don't/can't heal plants.

Finally... I'd rather 100x times have a herc I must lvl up/feed/rez (which I have on my veno...) than something that doesn't need all this but has 1/4 its resistances.
    The point is, Mystics aren't meant to be tanks, eventhough we're kinda able to solo/tank some bosses with our summons. We aren't meant to have a mini herc in our skill tree. Summons are meant to DD mostly (or protect, in Salvation's case).
    Veno have their own advantages with pets that we don't have: they can tank much better than us with a herc. Mystics have other advantages venos don't have: our summons can aoe, stun for 5 secs, protect us or other people, or deal massive damage in Cragglord's case. And, in general, they hit harder than veno's pets when they use their skills.

Btw, I'd just ask, referring to Cragglord's topic that: Thanks pwi Cragglord doesn't last long enough for us to really solo with it tanking. Why ? Well, if you have for free something that can do a Herc's and a Nix's jobs at once, it would be totally unbalanced toward venos who would have spent hundreds of $ or millions of coins in two pets that mystics could have for free in one and thus do the job even faster and more easily.

Every class has their purposes and are essentially different even when they have many common points. That's the beauty of the game and the whole reason why different classes exist.

First of all, not having to feed,or level up is a bonus...and their stats are just as good as the pets my vemonacer had

sorry I did misspoke and you are right it does buff (thanks for the correction),but you missed the point that it is a bonus action you can do with your demon you can't with the pet...and why would you heal a plant, it only last up to a minute...exploding it at duration is much more useful(more so if you have a few plants in the same area)...plants are great for luring....

I already said I never own a herc and never will....

never said mystic were tanks(please don't put words in my mouth)...and I never said they were meant to have a mini herc in the skill tree..and by what you've written below vemonacer are only better tanks if they have a herc....
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've been calling the Mystic a "Vemonancer on steriods"....The demon is superior to the pets because...1) is always the same level as the mystic when you summon it...2) cost nothing to care for....3) can travel/fight on land air or in the water....4) and if the demon is about to die and you don't want to heal it, you can make it explode and debuff the enemies around....and 5)the demon matches or excels any pet I owned in battle(never owned a herc or that other one you have to pay real money for).....Now lets talk plant summoning......they attack the enemy in thier range(switching to another target automacily after first is dead), and also can be made to explode before the duration.....and well they can't change into a fox/tiger and go to the front line, their great range fighter and have resurrect and other good healing skills to make up for their lesser melee ability.....I'm dumping my vemonacer to concentrate on my mystic.......never really tried a cleric so can't make any comparison.....
    First of all, not having to feed,or level up is a bonus...and their stats are just as good as the pets my vemonacer had

sorry I did misspoke and you are right it does buff (thanks for the correction),but you missed the point that it is a bonus action you can do with your demon you can't with the pet...and why would you heal a plant, it only last up to a minute...exploding it at duration is much more useful(more so if you have a few plants in the same area)...plants are great for luring....

I already said I never own a herc and never will....

never said mystic were tanks(please don't put words in my mouth)...and I never said they were meant to have a mini herc in the skill tree..and by what you've written below vemonacer are only better tanks if they have a herc....

Yeah, I meant venos are only better tanks than mystics with a herc... After all, Devil Chihyu has comparable stats with a magmite (maybe a bit less, but won't do much difference) so you quite "tank" with Chihyu like with a magmite.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The reason the Mystic is able to solo well with the Devil is because of the Heal Summon skill.

First of all, Heal Summon can be maxed by lvl 52 while to max Heal Pet you need to be lvl93. Secondly, Heal Summon has 0.5 channeling time whereas Heal Pet has 1.5 channeling time.
    You can heal faster with the Mystic (in order to reach that point you need a lot of -channeling gear on your Venomancer) and can heal more HP than Venomancers in one skill (unless you compare lvl93 Venomancer and Mystic). Also, do not forget that lower levels of Heal Pet have longer cooldown (2.8s lvl1, 1.0s lvl10). Mystic's Heal Summon has 1.0s cooldown form the very beginning. And, not a very important detail, Heal Summon has longer range (25.5m vs 26.5m)

Therefore, the Mystic is able to heal the summons/pets better in total. Imagine having that skill on your Venomancer. With a Hercules (or a Glacial Walker) you could tank much, much more and at earlier levels. I could tank BH39 bosses with my General Summer's Sword. The summon would get close to 20% HP often but my heals were fast enough to keep it alive.

The glacial walker at lvl67 (my current level on my Mystic) has around 6472 Physical Defence, 4746 Magic Defence. The devil has 2768 Physical Defence, 3400 (average) Magic Defence.
    A Varicose Scropion has 2019 attack, my Devil has 1472 attack. The Dark Wanderer has 1674 attack. All at lvl 67. The devil however has 1.00s attack rate which makes it a better DD overall.
    -My gear: 3 star/molds, TT60 +5 (since gear affects summons)

In conclusion, no the Mystic pets are not just as good as the Venomancer pets in terms of stats. The Mystic is simply able to keep them alive.
    In terms of DD, yes they are better. Summons can also AoE, buff, protect etc. but Venomancer pets can be modified too and make wonders. Of course that means money so for someone who cannot invest into pets: Summons > Pets. Someone who can afford it, Pets > Summons.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • gmsx
    gmsx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    im wondering, does rapid growth stack with the energy leech of storm mistress for a total of +250% magic attack? if it does then combining that with thicket+extreme poison+creeper=owned.

but ya i feel like mystics are lacking severly in alot of areas. i find no need at all for there healing skills. the only healing skill they realy need is vital/healing herb and break in the clouds. what they TRULY need is a MP restoration skill/plant. they burn mana so fast for skills that dont even do much dmg at all.

1. vital/healing herb and break in the clouds thats 3 only(kk no Comforting Mist) ..are you cleric? no
    2. if you say mystics dont even do much damage at all then i believe u r pure vit
    3. you are right about mana
    4. rapid growth can stack with energy leech of mistress but you may want to change the order

last i want to add some info
    Devil Chihyu- Energy Leech to improve your Physical Defense
    by 100% and Critical Hit Rate by 30% for 20 seconds.

Storm Mistress-Use Energy
    Leech to increase your Magic Defense by 100%
    and Magic Attack by 200% for 20 seconds

energy leech = 20sec of [Annal]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Vixter ty for the nice guide. While I agree mostly with what you've written I'd like to point out a few things I've noticed about my mystic. Now albeit he's still low level but I'm already noticing some interesting differences.
    First we need to keep in mind, mystics are NOT clerics.
    Having said that mystics do have a healing combination that is just wonderful.
    They have 4 heals that can be cast simultaneously. They pay for this ability with a SERIOUS mana burn. I used to think my son used a ton of mp on his wiz but i use i'll bet 2-3x what he does with my mystic.
    The way I figured 4 is, the salvation does heal, the healing plant heals, the falling petals heals, and lastly any of the other heals mystics have ( for now I only have the squad and single heal ) combines to 4. Now, on top of that the salvation shields. These 4 plus the shield really do make a huge difference.
    They are a TRUE hybirid class, or as one person said it a "druid". None of their skills individually are awesome... but the combination's that they can put together really are quite unique.

We've got to test this more, but i'm fairly sure we discovered the mystic rez and cleric rez can combine resulting in increased initial HP upon revival.

I feel if you take any single mystic ability and compare it with any other class it will fall short. However if you combine all the crazy abilities mystics have for various situations, i think it quickly becomes apparent they have a strong place in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I feel if you take any single mystic ability and compare it with any other class it will fall short. However if you combine all the crazy abilities mystics have for various situations, i think it quickly becomes apparent they have a strong place in the game.

These are my exact thoughts for the Mystic class. It cannot replace the existing classes but it still has a strong place in the game.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • vhinline
    vhinline Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So you can add to the main post:

The Psychic's Tide Spirit essentially gives all your skill an instant channeling time. It's maybe .1 seconds of channeling for any skill you use.
  • DeathsPrayer - Harshlands
    DeathsPrayer - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    b:surrender Im a mystic,
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    "what they TRULY need is a MP restoration skill/plant. they burn mana so fast for skills that dont even do much dmg at all."

I agree, they should have a MP restoration plant instead of the useless phisical damage plant that does not do any damage at all, better off just with buff/debuff plants that actually helps.
    b:shutup
  • Redmoondemon - Raging Tide
    Redmoondemon - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i was looking at this post and there is one u kinda missed and its a summon skill plant at that fact vital herb its close to a BB not maken up for the less dmg taken but making up for that is the hp regen with its heal. as for vital herb u can stack with healing herb and thats a HoT(heal over time)and this can be put with vital herbs maken BB id say is kinda even with vital herb altho BB beats it with dmg being lowered the vital herb wins with mp use and can be always used if you could plz look into the combo's of skills to plz and ty
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Did some small updates on comments of the skills/differences. Also updated Resurrect to the newly updated mana cost and time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Make a note that skills like BIDS and parasitic nova can be sparked, but sparking will not increase the damage of thicket. Thus, thicket falls short in this aspect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ...I can't say I agree with the comparisons of Gale Force/Noxious Gas and Verdant Shell/Cleric buffs.

Gale Force, though comparable damage wise to Noxious, seems closer to a Cleric's Siren's Kiss in terms of the style of attack. And Verdant Shell reminds me more of a Wizzie's shields than a Clerics buffs, if only because both Wizzie and Mystic defense buff can only be used on themselves. =O
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • marin1987
    marin1987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I don't see how can ppl really compare a mystic to other classes...

Can't heal as good as cleric,
    can't do as much dmg as wizard (DD),
    can't tank/lure as good as a veno,
    can't debuff/cast as fast as a psychic.

The skills may be a slight rip off/high mp cost of other classes but with good reason.
    I don't think it's fair to go fishing what skills mystic sniped from other classes at all...I mean really can you compare veno heal pet vs. mystic. Mystic heals faster but look at their summons, low hp regen and no self heal skills at all no def buff on the only one that can tank and cost alot of mana to call out, also they ALWAYS start at half hp and no MP.
    Sure it would be better then veno's heal on a veno's pet, but kinda necessary due to the fact their pets die nearly twice/three times as fast as the veno pet. To sit here and just look at the skills and say its better or worse is imo stupid. when what really matter is where its coming from. Unfourtunately most clerics, wizards, psychics, and venos can't Heal others, Do Damage, and constantly Debuff all at the same exact time. I mean i can't even see how anyone could try and compare mystic to cleric... seriously what buffs does mystic have? the only buff i see that can be cast on someone else is revive/petals, petals is not a REGEN, the flowers are regen, petals simply gives back hp for being hit once, I honestly don't think it's primary use was/is to be used on the Tanks but the DD rather who tend to pull hate/get hit by AoE. I think mystics real advantage over most classes is being able to die and really literally, not give a ****.. oh ya lets not forget the mass dmg/def/speed/stun/seal/freeze/sleep debuff spam in aoe.
  • IcyNara - Dreamweaver
    IcyNara - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like this because of the comparison to the other Magic classes. Even though Mystics are a mana burner >.>
    ANYWAYS good guide b:thanks
  • mhmjesus
    mhmjesus Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Pure Int mystics hardly burn MP, fail harder if you don't make pure int.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    mhmjesus wrote: »
    Pure Int mystics hardly burn MP, fail harder if you don't make pure int.

Magic, MAG, not int
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • sweetsakuran
    sweetsakuran Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'll keep my veno
  • Iaegle - Dreamweaver
    Iaegle - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    In my opinion a mystic can do anything a cleric can. By the time my mystic hit lvl 80 I could solo heal frost runs (including one with a seeker puller with no BM/Barb/Cleric buffs). Plus if I keep my plants up on bosses basically anyone can tank. (which I always do keep them up) On top of all that I was solo healing BH69 at lvl 80 as well on my mystic.

Mystics are a tough class to play and take some practice. Cleric's skills are more simple and easier to play. But if ou take the time to learn how to play and practice then they can take the place of a cleric in almost any squad :)