edited April 2011
    Options
    I like your post....guys.b:thanks
    "Welcome In My World and Play" b:flowerb:heart
  • Water_Sage - Dreamweaver
    Water_Sage - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think that Absorb Soul really should be mentioned here. I am not the highest level Mystic out there but I can tell you that Absorb Soul can easily hit 15-18k+ physical damage if you take advantage of the effect bonus of Nature's Vengeance. It is a very slow spell to cast but you can negate that somewhat with Rapid Growth + Windrage Incense in tough situations.

Another thing you fail to mention is the Aegis Sphere + Martyrdom buffs granted by the Salvation summon. If you are prudent and use these things on the tank of the party, you can greatly reduce the amount you will need to heal him or her, which greatly helps with 10k+ HP tanks.

My vote has to go with the mystic overall, based on versatility alone. Clerics have their place and I'd never try to take their place, but when it comes to healing only I can easily go toe to toe to with a cleric because I use everything available.

Just my two cents b:cute
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I think that Absorb Soul really should be mentioned here. I am not the highest level Mystic out there but I can tell you that Absorb Soul can easily hit 15-18k+ physical damage if you take advantage of the effect bonus of Nature's Vengeance. It is a very slow spell to cast but you can negate that somewhat with Rapid Growth + Windrage Incense in tough situations.

Another thing you fail to mention is the Aegis Sphere + Martyrdom buffs granted by the Salvation summon. If you are prudent and use these things on the tank of the party, you can greatly reduce the amount you will need to heal him or her, which greatly helps with 10k+ HP tanks.

My vote has to go with the mystic overall, based on versatility alone. Clerics have their place and I'd never try to take their place, but when it comes to healing only I can easily go toe to toe to with a cleric because I use everything available.

Just my two cents b:cute

Absorb soul is one of the best skills out there. I did a duel against a 101 Psy and this is how I won: I had salvation leech first which gave me buff and I wasnt affect by stuns at beggining of duel, then Rapid Growth > NV > AS...done..Psy is dead, no spark. AS is really fast when you have channeling (right now Im casting 2.9 sec no buffs, 1.8 secs with RG and .65 secs with Demon spark+RG). The nice thing is that AS didnt gave me damage back on Psy defense skill, not sure if thats the way it works since AS can pass thru barriers of defense.b:dirty
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Absorb Soul goes through Soul of Vengeance or Soul of Retaliation? Does it go through White Voodoo too?
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Im not to familiar with psy skills since I never played one. but here is thread posted before about AS http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1018921
    b:victory
  • Jadrian - Archosaur
    Jadrian - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Love my mysticb :victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yes.
  • powerking981
    powerking981 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ur comparisons dont include sage or demon nor for falling petals it doesnt include the buff it gets from salvation
  • Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
    Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I wonder why you dont compare thicket with mountain seize ?(because stun and silence is not have far different). And one more thing: I have read PWI wiki last time i read it there are a point on the mystic cons say: HATED/ENVIED CLASS. But now that point have gone. What's
    happen why that point is gone???(sry for my bad english)
  • Koolaid - Heavens Tear
    Koolaid - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    it would be cool if you also add the range of the skills.

Venomancer has the shortest spell range of all magic characters(27 meters) and Wizard having the longest(30 meters). it's never good to have less range, means you have to get closer to the danger
  • earthabyss
    earthabyss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, i havent played in forever and i want something similar to archer but different. so mystic or wizard was my options
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    BIG UPDATE! (and long needed lol)

-added more skills that are comparable to Mystic skills.
    -updated "comments" on most skills.
    -reorganized the arrangement of skills
    -added in "more information" links for the Thicket/BIDS comparison and also Absorb Soul info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    thicket can nuke sins with deaden nerves on *yay*
  • GoddessAOE - Raging Tide
    GoddessAOE - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    all i know is i love my mystic i can take on bosses by myself which i could not with other classes and iv tried all and this is what im happy with and im mainly a cast but i enjoyed the seeker as well very fun and has great attacks. but the mystic is for me :) ps on raging tide server take GoddessAOE through frost covered city please , I ned the exp lol :) pleaseeeeee all mystics unite lmaob:bye
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    One thing that you should add to this is Mystic's Vital Herb. It's a stackable heal just like IH so it comes in handy and heals for a ton. (Plus I like that mystic heals can stack with cleric ones) Plus it's a constant aoe stacked heal which makes it even more powerful.

I know that plants die but honestly by the time my plant dies I have everyone stacked and can resummon it just in time. It is an awesome skill especially when used with falling petals =)
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Cianan - Raging Tide
    Cianan - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Over the fall, I was speculating on the forums about what the next classes should be. Most people wanted druids, battlemages, necromancers or shadowknights. Glad to see druids were one of the classes that came out. I've got a mystic I made the other day and I'm loving it so far.

All classes have a weakness. I think it's only fair that mystics have a weakness. We have extremely fast casting, extremely low cooldowns, long range, etc.
    A druid/mystic class is a hybrid. Made to handle any scenario, but not as well as the primary class for that scenario. I don't mind having massive mana burn considering I'm pro at multi-tasking.

I can tank, DD, spam heal, AoE debuff, AoE heal, and so forth all at the same time. I also have an instant rez buff that will eventually last up to 30 minutes. The fact that a mystic can do all of this at the same time is its strength.

When you compare the individual skills to those of other classes, of course they'll look bad.

And to the constant mana burning, there's a reason why if you look at a mystic guide, the only build it lists is pure magic. It's simply impossible to properly play a mystic with any other build.

All in all, the only two disadvantages I see to playing as a mystic are massive mana burning (unless you're pure magic) and the fact that I doubt I'd be able to solo something like TT 3-1 or FC by myself, unlike a Herc Veno.
    But I'm not playing a Herc Veno, I'm playing a mystic. Just as sins are the best 1 vs 1 class in the game, I see mystics as the best multitasking class in the game, and possibly the only one that can actually do so (besides maybe a blademaster).
  • mellaniebr
    mellaniebr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why Mystics dont have skills in level 79 and level 100?
  • Helbear - Heavens Tear
    Helbear - Heavens Tear Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    mellaniebr wrote: »
    Why Mystics dont have skills in level 79 and level 100?

They do I just don't think they have updated the in game skills window to show it. You can find them on the mystic tab and they are at the bottom, pretty straight forward.

http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Comparable to:
    Psychic's
    Tide Spirit
    Max at level 86
    Level 10
    Mana 200
    Chan .6 sec
    Cast 1.6 sec
    Cool 60 sec
    Increase weapon DMG by 100% for 15 sec. Incease channeling speed for 6 sec (speed unknown?). Req 2 sparks.

Comment: I think the Psychic wins here since their skill lasts longer, but keep in mind their skill also cools down longer too. I do not know the casting speed increase for the Psychic as well, but both skills increase weapon DMG by 100%.

The part where you compared the tide spirit to rapid growth, the channel speed is 90%. Where it supposedly caps because town port is 1 second long. I'll hold with that no matter what people say :P its almost an insta channel.
  • _Mellanie - Raging Tide
    _Mellanie - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Oh! Thnx, Now I was excited, to reach right levels.
  • Zaaper - Dreamweaver
    Zaaper - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    the comparisons are great but the combos are what set us apart, the hole is greater than the sum of its parts. we are designed to be combo users,skill by skill we almost always come up short of other classes, but put together the right group of effects and we are almost OP!
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Mystic's
    Verdant Shell

Max at level 54
    Level 10
    Mana 567
    Chan 1 sec
    Cast 1.5 sec
    Cool 20 sec
    Adds 80% of armors wood, water, and physical DMG resistances.

Comparable to:
    Cleric's
    Vanguard Spirit/Magical Shell

Max at level 36/43
    Level 10
    Mana 108/129
    Chan .5 sec
    Cast 1 sec
    Cool 1 sec
    Adds 60% of armors physical/magical defenses.

Wizard's
    Stone Barrier

Max at level 54
    Level 10
    Mana 162
    Chan 1 sec
    Cast 1.2 sec
    Cool 3 sec
    Increase earth and physical resistances by 100%.

Comment: Wizard's obviously gives more physical defense, but you can only use 1 of their sheilds at a time, so they are lacking all element defenses except earth. Mystics has only a little less physical defense but misses the earth, fire, and metal resistances. Clerics covers all elemental and physical defenses, but even less than Mystics. Cleric is able to buff other people though. Mystics Verdant Shell stacked with Cleric buffs gives a good advantage, and a little more extra magic defenses as well, compared to Wizards.

This thread has many flaws, probably one of the worst is that you mention skills but the comparison is not correct because you dont mention how this skills work with other skills.

You say mystic has more magic defence but wiz sage/demon version give a huge boost. (Clerics magic shell protection is not improved with demon/sage version) Also wizards have a buff (lvl 79 skill) wich increases metal,water,earth,fire deff by 1000% for some seconds giving wiz higest magic deff posible on game (I got about 60k magic deff for this buff duration) Finnaly the wiz only genie skill Mage Star absorbs magic damage.
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options

This thread has many flaws, probably one of the worst is that you mention skills but the comparison is not correct because you dont mention how this skills work with other skills.

You say mystic has more magic defence but wiz sage/demon version give a huge boost. (Clerics magic shell protection is not improved with demon/sage version) Also wizards have a buff (lvl 79 skill) wich increases metal,water,earth,fire deff by 1000% for some seconds giving wiz higest magic deff posible on game (I got about 60k magic deff for this buff duration) Finnaly the wiz only genie skill Mage Star absorbs magic damage.

The point here was to compare how the mystic shell is only like stone barrier. Of course the other wiz skills boost magic defense, but that wasn't the point of this single comparison.

It wasn't stated mystics have more magic defense, it was stated that they have more resists at once.

You can't compare the genie skill or the 79 skill to mystics which was the point of the thread because there are no other skills that compare top it
  • mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Ok I've read all of this topic and have a skill to compare.

I've heard there is an issue with the 79 Mystic skills not showing up, but as they are on ecatomb I assume they exist?

Mystic: lvl 79
    Clear Thoughts
    Level 1
    Self cast only
    Mana 100
    Channel 2.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 5.0 minutes
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic instrument

Over 9 seconds, recover your current Mana
    plus 2000.

Venomancer: lvl 92
    ●Nature's Grace
    Level Sage
    Range 27.0 meters
    Channel 2.0 seconds
    Cast 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 300.0 seconds (6min)
    Weapon Unarmed, Magic Instruments

Recovers 60% of maximum MP.

On a second note I've read alot of chat about Summoned pets not being as good as Hercs, but personly if our pets are of the standard of a Magmite or Qingfu, I've got to say...
    AWESOME we have swimming Qingfu b:victory
  • Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    If you use the 79 skill right it recovers about same as veno. Yes they exist people are too narrow minded to believe you can get them though.

I have both skills, my friend has the seeker skills... They're grrrrrrrr.... Wait copy rights

DC is not comparable to a herc at all... Unless some high refined mystic tells me it's damage/hp/defenses. But I still feel like a rock or bug requires less healing lol....
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wizard's obviously gives more physical defense, but you can only use 1 of their sheilds at a time, so they are lacking all element defenses except earth. Mystics has only a little less physical defense but misses the earth, fire, and metal resistances. Clerics covers all elemental and physical defenses, but even less than Mystics. Cleric is able to buff other people though. Mystics Verdant Shell stacked with Cleric buffs gives a good advantage, and a little more extra magic defenses as well, compared to Wizards.

sage version of verdant shell is 100% p defense i beleive (90% normally and 10% sage effect for 100%) someone can correct me on that tho. altho im pretty sure its 100% since demon is 90%.

im not sure if energy leeching chihyu stacks with verdant shell or if it has diffrent icons, but if it does then thats 200% p def. then theres also natures barrier.

energy leeching storm mistress gives 100% magic defense along with a 200% magic attack boost to top it off. so they are not shy in that department either.

also energy leeching salvation gives u a 4000 damage absorb shield and a 4.5k falling petals.

so mystics have ALOT of defense options. the energy leech buffs dont last long, but there much better defensive buffs then wizzards are clerics imo. lots of ways to survive.

On a second note I've read alot of chat about Summoned pets not being as good as Hercs, but personly if our pets are of the standard of a Magmite or Qingfu, I've got to say...
    AWESOME we have swimming Qingfu

mystic pets have the potential to be better then a herc because all of our summons are effected by our gear and refines. so just imagine a chiyu or craglord mystic with rank 9 and +12 refines.

hercs arent all that great nowadays anyway since there are so many tanks in the game now. seekers being the newest secondary tank.
  • mryc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    sage version of verdant shell is 100% p defense i beleive (90% normally and 10% sage effect for 100%) someone can correct me on that tho. altho im pretty sure its 100% since demon is 90%.

The comparison was at level 10, the wizard's demon stone barrier is 150%
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    mryc wrote: »

The comparison was at level 10, the wizard's demon stone barrier is 150%

150 % stone barrier without the sage spark so mystics will still have higher defense then a demon wizzard.
  • mryc
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I think your missing the point, this is a comparison of similar skills, it's not trying to one up each other.
  • agiya
    agiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im wondering, does rapid growth stack with the energy leech of storm mistress for a total of +250% magic attack? if it does then combining that with thicket+extreme poison+creeper=owned.

but ya i feel like mystics are lacking severly in alot of areas. i find no need at all for there healing skills. the only healing skill they realy need is vital/healing herb and break in the clouds. what they TRULY need is a MP restoration skill/plant. they burn mana so fast for skills that dont even do much dmg at all.

Honestly, I have found vital herb to be a sacrificeable skill for my AoE DD & Heal Assist Mystic, while the other healing spells seem vital to me. I am just training it up now - at lvl 88.

Barbs and Sins have come to expect our protection buff before they run out into the fray of battle, our AoE heal is awesome, and Break in the clouds is a must.

I have also sacrificed my Storm Mistress, but thanks to your post I will be looking to raise it up as well.

I still think my Cragglord can wait until I get other stuff I need more.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I see a lot of people complaining about the MP drain of a mystic. It's true yes, but put a charm on them (spirt charms are cheap and they don't really need a guardian charm due the their summons, herbs, heals, and self-rez) and they become a one-man-army like no other class can even hope to be.
    the comparisons are great but the combos are what set us apart, the hole is greater than the sum of its parts. we are designed to be combo users,skill by skill we almost always come up short of other classes, but put together the right group of effects and we are almost OP!
    Vengence > double spark > lvl 2 RG > lvl 3 Soul = 18k hits on BH51 *bosses* on my 6x pure mag mystic with an outdated weapon (+2 1 flawless WoF)
    I have a +3 2 perfect Sakyamuni waiting for him. Can't wait to see what the same combo does with that sucker and upgraded skills.
    agiya wrote: »
    Honestly, I have found vital herb to be a sacrificeable skill for my AoE DD & Heal Assist Mystic, while the other healing spells seem vital to me. I am just training it up now - at lvl 88.
    Vital herb + Creeper + Sally shield your tank + DD boss and poison at 60% HP = One badass DD and support.
    One thing that you should add to this is Mystic's Vital Herb. It's a stackable heal just like IH so it comes in handy and heals for a ton. (Plus I like that mystic heals can stack with cleric ones) Plus it's a constant aoe stacked heal which makes it even more powerful.
    So it constant-casts an aoe *IH*?
    Soul actually does not hit physical; it hit's non-ele magical. The Staunch worms with mag immunity outside RT prove this.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~