Seekers in PvP

Options
EarthProtect - Harshlands
EarthProtect - Harshlands Posts: 30 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Seeker
Are seekers good in PvP, or are they one of the weaker classes?
Post edited by EarthProtect - Harshlands on

Comments

• vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Against some classes they are very effective.. But in level of PvP ranks, I would put them somwhere in the middle, maybe lesser in the totem pole of good PvP class...

So far my TW experince with them has been awesome. In mass PK they are shinning well.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    u cant really give this question a fair answer cuz ppl always compare it to something else.
    persenolly the class is only as good in pvp as u are with the class. if ur pro with the seeker u can be pro at pking to. simple as that
  • NaturesBlade - Dreamweaver
    NaturesBlade - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i have noticed that i fair pretty well vs heavy armor and arcane armor chars.. but tend to have issues with light armor. mostly becuase of evasion thier evasion.

ok heavy armor o like to start off with ion strike and then heart seeker and Battousai

these all do metal damage and should hit hard on heavy armor.

vs arcane if i dont have the chi to voidstep i ussally heartseeker them to try to freeze them. as soon as your in melee range your melee attacks should take them down fast.

i haven't had a chance to duel as many people as i like becuase they normally take one look at my gear and say "no thanks"

http://pwcalc.com/998cd566d25a3144
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I tend to have issues with light armor because, although we have fairly strong attacks in both phys/mag damage, we don't really have and good nukes. Meaning if you adjust your playstyle to combat either arcane or heavy, you'll be fairly effective, however against balanced defenses (even though la blows) it's slightly more difficult to bypass a charm.
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I tend to have issues with light armor because, although we have fairly strong attacks in both phys/mag damage, we don't really have and good nukes. Meaning if you adjust your playstyle to combat either arcane or heavy, you'll be fairly effective, however against balanced defenses (even though la blows) it's slightly more difficult to bypass a charm.

lol what? gemini slash means nothing to you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OperaVectra - Sanctuary
    OperaVectra - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Id say at pvp heartseeker will be our standard skill for every situation.
    Against arcanes, use heartseeker to keep them in place so u can try and kill from short range.

Against heavy armors, hearseeker to keep them away... i dont think we will survive more than a barb/bm in a melee situation... while theyr are frozen at range, pull ion/battousai/gemini combos...

Against Sins, we will be food.... just like everyone else

Which they could just remove those sins from game... well, i know its impossible now b:cry
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Which they could just remove those sins from game... well, i know its impossible now b:cry

Or make stealth cost chi per second.
    Or add detection gems.
    Or nerf aps.
    Or give Shadow Escape a chance to fail.

But, back on subject, with the 50% chance to inflict Spirit Bore at lvl10.
    Unless said la has +10 or higher mag def ornaments, Gemini will sting pretty bad...
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The seeker stands out more in gvg situations than it does in small scale pvp. In a 1v1 scenario every other class simply has the opportunity to out disable you. With no stable form of CC and no antistun its more than a bit frustrating when you're constantly slept,stuned, sileneced etc. and there is literally -nothing- that you can do about it. Ive considered loading up a genie with antistun,sleep skills but you lose so many others to do it its not very practical. The most efficient way Ive found to play the class if you want to DD is to stay at range as long as you can and outdistance/kite when necessary. I typically void step + occult, get off the close range aoes, then run away as fast as I can against melee classes. Because of the damage distribution on swords high HP targets are going to be an issue. You're largely dependent on skill damage rather than weapon damange from what I can tell; which, even with level 10 skills, is rather annoying.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    seeker is more group orientated however, full chi > void step > heartseeker > anti-stun (domain is nice here) > vortex > WINNING b:victory

also get ACCURACY rings, it's pretty much a must have vs sins and archers
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers are a HA class with mostly ranged Metal-based damage. They have no anti-stun or self healing skills as of right now, they're pretty damn awful; just sayin'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just want to mention their lv 79 ~ 100 skill

One of them automatically heal seeker by 40% of their hp when seeker has less than 40% hp, purify all negative effect, and giving immunity for 6 seconds.

The other is damaging skill 250% weapon damage + 3980 damage, bonus if enemy has sword buff placer on them, and 3 seconds disarm. Seem it will activate any kind of sword buff placer ?

And demon quid pro nerf . . it's not going to steal positive buff anymore . . b:cry just silence
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There is no weaker class, just people that rely on 5 aps for everything b:shutup

BTW, Seeker is incomplete right now, no 79/100 skills, no sage/demons skills and no triple spark. You can't say the class is weak untill we get our stuff and TEST it ourselves.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    And get full R9+12.....
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers are a HA class with mostly ranged Metal-based damage. They have no anti-stun or self healing skills as of right now, they're pretty damn awful; just sayin'.

They have HA so they wont get killed by other HA classes and be able to survive a attack from melee classes and they can kite melee classes while hitting hard with there ranged metal skills, so what you think about that combination is wrong. Of what I heard Seekers are great in TW's or group PvP, but not as great in 1v1 PvP (but they can do good in 1v1 if you know what you are doing or if you have uber gear...).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They have HA so they wont get killed by other HA classes and be able to survive a attack from melee classes and they can kite melee classes while hitting hard with there ranged metal skills, so what you think about that combination is wrong. Of what I heard Seekers are great in TW's or group PvP, but not as great in 1v1 PvP (but they can do good in 1v1 if you know what you are doing or if you have uber gear...).

HA doesn't prevent you from being killed by a melee class lol. Yeah Seekers will have fun kiting without any leap skill and only 6 seconds of anti stun. Maybe if the area is full of mobs and you keep cancel cast tele stun.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    HA doesn't prevent you from being killed by a melee class lol. Yeah Seekers will have fun kiting without any leap skill and only 6 seconds of anti stun. Maybe if the area is full of mobs and you keep cancel cast tele stun.

Well we just have to wait for their 79/sage and demon skills to come out, to see if they will do good or bad in PvP. (Unless you know already...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited March 2011
    Options
    People still measure the length of thier E-peen with 1v1?....

To me, anyone that wins 1v1 with a broken class, and actually brags about it, should audition for asian ****.

ijs
    edited March 2011
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »
    People still measure the length of thier E-peen with 1v1?....

To me, anyone that wins 1v1 with a broken class, and actually brags about it, should audition for asian ****.

ijs

I just want to know, what dose E-peen mean? >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers are beast in 1v1 too.

from my experiences so far, ignoring the chi heavy one i posted earlier, heartseeker > battoussai for HA users drops them pretty well. for everything else heartseeker > blade affinity > gemini kills them. seekers hit like trucks.

they also live better than others, their adrenal buff negates jones blessing, it's amazing how little a sin's damage is with this buff on.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    E-peen = E-****.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Just want to mention their lv 79 ~ 100 skill

One of them automatically heal seeker by 40% of their hp when seeker has less than 40% hp, purify all negative effect, and giving immunity for 6 seconds.

I read somewhere that it's 40% heal, 6 seconds of anti-stun and reduced speed. Doesn't really do anything too crazy considering BMs/Sins get 10 seconds and it's a speed buff. Also, all 79 skills have over9000 seconds cooldown. Wanmei made Seekers to be PvE. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well we just have to wait for their 79/sage and demon skills to come out, to see if they will do good or bad in PvP. (Unless you know already...)
    79/100 skills are already out and it won't make a difference. BM with HA, phy def buff, leaps (which 99% BMs don't know they have), phy marrow, 3 stuns and 15 second antistun still is very killable by any melee class. I was just pointing out how wrong "They have HA so they wont get killed by other HA classes" was.

I read somewhere that it's 40% heal, 6 seconds of anti-stun and reduced speed. Doesn't really anything to crazy considering BMs/Sins get 10 seconds and it's a speed buff. Also, all 79 skills have over9000 seconds cooldown. Wanmei made Seekers to be PvE. b:surrender
    Sin's anti stun is 10 seconds while BM's is 15 seconds. After getting use to BM's 15, Sin's 10 already felt short, so this 6 for Seeker will be gone before you know it.
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yawn... interesting to hear from ppl in this trend who dont have a seeker, maybe i can learn a few things from them.
  • Teqnikz - Lost City
    Teqnikz - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well my opinion is as follows: Seekers hit hard and I mean it is devestating. I fight every chance I get and these are fights not duels. Either I attack first or they do. I have hit some of the top Endgame/Geared players on Lost City and they have all been impressed by the damage. I have beating a two sin gank and praised that we have that awesome of chances. Now when I talk about endgame I mean ppl like Shinzoko, ReckUrWorld, Risingson, Ludicriss, and other members of Factions like Essence, Vengeful, Instinct, Yakuza and the likes. I have stood toe to to with BMs in TW and survived 2 Dragons and a Stone Rain all at the same time. I am not even R9 yet better yet 100. That is no Triple Spark no 79 skills and I don't even have a Genie with PvP skills. Anytime you want or see me check my gear. All these excuses seem to me like everyone thought Seekers were coming out automatically high in the food chain. Well sorry they didn't and you will have to work and learn the strengths and weakness of the class.

Now the effective skills have been mentioned time and time again. Great combos: BA>Heartseeker>GeminiSlash Heartseeker>Batt>BA>Ion>GeminiSlash VS>Ion>DarkCloud>GeminiSlash

VS>DC>Stalag>BA>Ion>GeminiSlash has killed many a grps that thought they were safe. As you can see our hardest hitting skill is Gemini Slash. Also you can use Stalagstrike and Staggering without the pre effect they do damage and also cause your buff to land on multple targets. So get out there actually play the class and stop making excuses cuz you lose. Everybody dies but those that learn from the deaths and become powerhouse are the ones ppl will talk about.
  • QuakeX - Lost City
    QuakeX - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    any good combo with genie? like glitch tele, occult ice, ba> xtreme poison>ion>gemini - para heartseeker> aoe

u know the more 'complex' ones...
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Options
    haven't looked too complex past what i've posted, mine is only 79 atm.

as far as stances go i use soulsever to start. once it procs i blade affinity > gemini, if they arent dead they now have 3 minutes of reduces attack/defense levels, swap stance to parched blade and spam stalagstrike for stun.

another note to remember is edged blur is a buff, that means you can be using other seeker skills while it is still damaging your opponent.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    any good combo with genie? like glitch tele, occult ice, ba> xtreme poison>ion>gemini - para heartseeker> aoe

u know the more 'complex' ones...
    you sound like your just learning how to play seeker at 9x when usually its that level thats suppose to be 'mentor-ing' pple with more 'complex' ones >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Gotta love how ppl says that seeker aren't good, when they are either used to 5 aps or did'nt even made a seeker yet...

Seekers have been out for what, 2 weeks? And people are jumping to conclusions already??? lol

It takes time in order to get the hang of how to play as a class, and you can't just say it will fail by theory alone, you need to see, SEE, S-E-E, things for themselves, plus we do'nt have our 79/100/sage/demon skills yet, only pwc got them and you can't just base your opinion in what they say over there, that is just stupid and makes no sense.

Learn to play with skills, not with aps...
    Retired...

• Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have beating a two sin gank and praised that we have that awesome of chances.

Do elaborate.
    Gotta love how ppl says that seeker aren't good, when they are either used to 5 aps or did'nt even made a seeker yet...

Seekers have been out for what, 2 weeks? And people are jumping to conclusions already??? lol

It takes time in order to get the hang of how to play as a class, and you can't just say it will fail by theory alone, you need to see, SEE, S-E-E, things for themselves, plus we do'nt have our 79/100/sage/demon skills yet, only pwc got them and you can't just base your opinion in what they say over there, that is just stupid and makes no sense.

Learn to play with skills, not with aps...

Oh please, drop the learn2playw/skillznotaps ****. I've been playing long before interval gears were a problem. Don't comment on things you don't understand b:bye.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Do elaborate.

Oh please, drop the learn2playw/skillznotaps ****. I've been playing long before interval gears were a problem. Don't comment on things you don't understand b:bye.

Oh really? You're not alone, OB player here, if you must know, so don't tell me I'don't understand, I know VERY well what I'm talking about b:bye
    Retired...