Seekers in PvP

13»

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    wow dr phil good job!

I read alot of posts from you and you seem pretty holier than thou i mean really who cares its not like he hijacked the thread(LIKE YOU) he was simply commenting on someones comment who were saying that seekers were weak...and you gotta come in here with your dickheadish the 4.4 molecular structure of manufactured products equals the blah blah blah babble

I don't believe talking about Seekers and their PvP experience counts as hijacking a thread titled "Seekers in PvP". I'm sorry if simple addition of channel and cast time is too complex for you.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:cryCould've fooled me
    b:cute

Actually, my hair's darkened over the years to the point where it's just plain brown, now. So sad. When I was a kid, it was almost white. I miss those days...
    See, this is hijacking a thread. Not Okeano's comments.
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think Okeano should just go back to the assassin board, for 2 reasons:

1) His opinions about seekers in pvp are based in assumptions.

2) He talks as if everybody would follow a script, that they are like a bunch of programed bots that will do exactly what he is saying, like, "if you use this, like that, in that second, he will use that and counter you with this, like that"... blah blah blah...

Seriously... pvp/pk isn't like that, you can outcome what your opponent CAN do, not what he WILL do.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    He's an angry, angry theorist.
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seriously... pvp/pk isn't like that, you can outcome what your opponent CAN do, not what he WILL do.

QFT...

Sins can do some insane stuff yea... But id say maybe 5% of the entire sin population can PK near perfect execution at 80% of the time. And even then they have the challenge, of "heat of the moment" along with a consistant server lag.

Like on my BM, In a relaxed 1v1 enviroment, I can perfect the art of stun locking, and have dark cyclone, with drakes going on, and if im lucky spikes will proc a critstrike buff,,,

But getting all that done in actual PKing, is a bit more of a challenge.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    I think Okeano should just go back to the assassin board, for 2 reasons:

1) His opinions about seekers in pvp are based in assumptions.

2) He talks as if everybody would follow a script, that they are like a bunch of programed bots that will do exactly what he is saying, like, "if you use this, like that, in that second, he will use that and counter you with this, like that"... blah blah blah...

1) Yes, it's base on assumptions. It's pretty reasonable to assume that a class with 6 seconds of anti-stun will get the living hell stun out of them, or that a class with very limited disable skills will be very group depended and not able to do well alone.

2) When did I talk about this script? I simply broke down what he said he did step by step and pointed out what any Sin with a brain could have done, what I would have done. Look, I don't expect every Sin to know wtf they are doing. Most of the Sins I see only knows spark + Occult. I'm just pointing out that things would have been different if he was facing competent Sins.

Did I say you can predict what your opponent will do? I got 7.5k kills under my belt, not new to this.
    vristion wrote: »
    Like on my BM, In a relaxed 1v1 enviroment, I can perfect the art of stun locking, and have dark cyclone, with drakes going on, and if im lucky spikes will proc a critstrike buff,,,
    Why do you have demon Cyclone when it changes nothing from level 10?
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    1) Yes, it's base on assumptions. It's pretty reasonable to assume that a class with 6 seconds of anti-stun will get the living hell stun out of them, or that a class with very limited disable skills will be very group depended and not able to do well alone.

By saying that comment I assume that you are saying that Seekers cant beat any class in 1v1 PvP, and they are required to have a group in PvP so they can be concerted "good" in PvP, right?

Because if that's the case that's not true, because Seeker's have ranged magic attacks, and they can deal heavy magic damage to BM or Barbs from a range, and keep them at bay with heartseeker and then finish them off by using a Fortify (to block any stun moves) and melee skills. Or the Seeker can just kite the BM with magic attacks and then finish them off with Heartseeker (assuming it freezes the BM) and then Gemini Slash (and I didn't say anything about the Sword Status effects). Sins on the other hand are a different story, since they have way to many advantages over most other classes.

These may be just a few examples, but if you learn how to play as a Seeker you can own in PvP, like with every other class.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I don't have a high level seeker, but I'm just going to pull this out of my ***.

Seekers have some skills that have 20-25 range, if anything, I expect that they can probably put up a better fight in the air. A class with high skill damage, decent range, and zerk weapons available to them can be scary in endgame. Don't judge the class' potential by thinking so early, that's like every BM scoffing at sins back in the early days of TB expansion. Think R9 Seekers with God of Frenzy...fighting in the air.

Archer stuns last 3.5s (4.5 if you're Sage), and archer freeze takes a spark, here you have a class that has 70% chance to freeze for 8s that doesn't even cost chi? This is quite enough for air combat against melees. Some of the status effects last for 20, 30s at lvl 10, this is long enough for a kiter to move around and hit back when a chance comes. Seekers have problem against high hp opponents? Barb vs Archer or Barb vs Seeker, I think God of Frenzy Seeker has a better chance.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DaichiOni - Dreamweaver
    DaichiOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Actually, my hair's darkened over the years to the point where it's just plain brown, now. So sad. When I was a kid, it was almost white. I miss those days...
    See, this is hijacking a thread. Not Okeano's comments.

its ok I love you just the same.

I see the black!!!!!

no seriously i do. <3Fifi!
    Let me contribute so it doesn't look like I'm hijacking!

I think seekers fighting in the air would do fairly well if they could stay ranged. Its pretty weird because they're a range melee hybrid class yet interesting at the same time. I think they should get a second teleport like the assassins with a lower cooldown or maybe a blink like skill. It would contribute to the lack of control skills by allowing kiting to be more efficient.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011

2) When did I talk about this script? I simply broke down what he said he did step by step and pointed out what any Sin with a brain could have done, what I would have done. Look, I don't expect every Sin to know wtf they are doing. Most of the Sins I see only knows spark + Occult. I'm just pointing out that things would have been different if he was facing competent Sins.

Did I say you can predict what your opponent will do? I got 7.5k kills under my belt, not new to this.

What I was saying is, you can't just make assumptions and base your knowledge on theory alone about a class that has been out for barely a month. Also, we all know that playing as a sin is like playing this game on very easy mode.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • vristion
    edited March 2011

the BM isnt a 3.33....so yea for him demon does make a difs..
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    By saying that comment I assume that you are saying that Seekers cant beat any class in 1v1 PvP, and they are required to have a group in PvP so they can be concerted "good" in PvP, right?

Because if that's the case that's not true, because Seeker's have ranged magic attacks, and they can deal heavy magic damage to BM or Barbs from a range, and keep them at bay with heartseeker and then finish them off by using a Fortify (to block any stun moves) and melee skills. Or the Seeker can just kite the BM with magic attacks and then finish them off with Heartseeker (assuming it freezes the BM) and then Gemini Slash (and I didn't say anything about the Sword Status effects). Sins on the other hand are a different story, since they have way to many advantages over most other classes.

These may be just a few examples, but if you learn how to play as a Seeker you can own in PvP, like with every other class.

I wouldn't say they can't beat any class in 1v1, but they are at big disadvantage.

I'm not so much worried about against BM and Barb as against Archer, Wiz or Psy. Seekers will get hit hard without magic defense buff, and their attacks won't hit as hard on AA. Most of Seeker's strong attacks are magic. Vortex is strong but you can't just Vortex everyone you see, and it'd be hard to keep someone there to tick more than a couple of times.
    What I was saying is, you can't just make assumptions and base your knowledge on theory alone about a class that has been out for barely a month. Also, we all know that playing as a sin is like playing this game on very easy mode.
    Playing a Sin is easy mode. Everything I've said about Seeker so far is from the point of view of a BM (except for what the Sins did wrong in the story).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Even robes will tell you that at endgame, they are more likely to be one shot by wizards or clerics than anything else. Seekers might have problems against endgame casters defensively, but I doubt Seeker will have problems dealing damage against robes with zerk weapons and high skill damage.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • vristion
    edited March 2011
    Seekers dont't just deal magic damage...ijs
  • Deadlife - Lost City
    Deadlife - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2011

I think seekers fighting in the air would do fairly well if they could stay ranged. Its pretty weird because they're a range melee hybrid class yet interesting at the same time. I think they should get a second teleport like the assassins with a lower cooldown or maybe a blink like skill. It would contribute to the lack of control skills by allowing kiting to be more efficient.

well at least for my and my preference if they ever did implement some other skill of that sort I would rather it be a leap back or distance shrink like a bm or a wiz rather than a teleport "to" the target....
  • neaderick
    neaderick Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think that Seekers have great potential, but hard to use it well. Against Barb and BMs the best weapons of Seeker are ranged magic attacks and kiting skills. We're magic class against physical ones and physical one against the magical ones. For the AA users...:
    - Blade Affinity + Gemini Slash rocks. I think that Seekers will be able to 1shot casters sometimes
    - Unfetter and Voidstep in order to pretend yourself to be kited
    - Quid Pro Quo when you'll be badly debuffed (it's a pity that Undine Strike is spammable... but not every debuff is)

Also, I think that Bladed Fervor, Saber Rattle and Krav Maga suck. Badly. Why the hell would someone need three bad buffs (two of which cost Mirages), which don't stuck with such great things like Runes...?
  • DaichiOni - Dreamweaver
    DaichiOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well at least for my and my preference if they ever did implement some other skill of that sort I would rather it be a leap back or distance shrink like a bm or a wiz rather than a teleport "to" the target....

b:surrenderdid you read the "or blink like skill"

@neaderick I one shot casters majority of the time...with one skill...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katsurro - Lost City
    Katsurro - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    seekers are very strong on high lvl if u max ure skills i am 91 now and i can kill a lvl 100 sin in 1 hits if i freeze him and do gemini slash and ion strike and batosai to finish it and lvl 100 babrs are hard but when seekers reach 100 they and sins will be on top i am sure of that b:victory
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    seekers are very strong on high lvl if u max ure skills i am 91 now and i can kill a lvl 100 sin in 1 hits if i freeze him and do gemini slash and ion strike and batosai to finish it and lvl 100 babrs are hard but when seekers reach 100 they and sins will be on top i am sure of that b:victory

Well, I wouldn't consider "gemini slash and ion strike and batosai to finish it" as one hit, but that's just me. I don't see what freeze would do since Sins have two teles.
  • D_zaster - Dreamweaver
    D_zaster - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Or make stealth cost chi per second.
    Or add detection gems.
    Or nerf aps.
    Or give Shadow Escape a chance to fail.

But, back on subject, with the 50% chance to inflict Spirit Bore at lvl10.
    Unless said la has +10 or higher mag def ornaments, Gemini will sting pretty bad...

omg stop QQing about sins -.- Its getting old. I mean come on its true their OP cause their made for pvp and farm but u dont have to nerf them -.- A sin needs -0.50 int and a demon spakr to hit 5aps anyway where other classes need -0.40 and a demon spark and when they have -0.50 they are 5 unsparked.
    Morever the Stealth and disables are their skills and they can use them. Cleric has IH,sleep,plume shell. Bm has stun lock, and every class got its skills.
    Oh there are stealth detection pots but dont know where u can find them iv seen them before
    Aps are enough nerfed for them like i said earlier
    And making stealth cost chi every second is the siliest thing iv ever heard o_o
    btw even if they did that they got enogh skills and apoth to keep them in stealth what would u do next? Ask pwi to make chi apoth unaviliable for sins?-.-

ok about seeker o.o
    mine is 75. I dont really know much about them since im working on my barb but i can say for sure they own the HA cause of metal skills. They got some disables their Att speed is slow but im sure they will be better than barbs and some other classes in pvp :o Against LA would be a problem cause our acc is low o.o(as i said my seeker is 75 i dont know about the acc on later lvls if it will be ok) And as for AA yea freeze them and try to kill them fast sounds the best for me :o
    Its a shame though they cant use any other wep exept sword so they will suck at farming money :/

(i dont want to offend u with the reply i just wana make ppl stop QQing about it b:victory)