[Server Maintenance] 3-15-2011 (complete)

191011121315»

Comments

• Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    couple people on my yahoo said they can't connect. I've even tried verifying files and nothing b:surrender

Dunno, when there are server woes, the forum's usually filled with complaints. It's as calm as a lake right now...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Dunno, when there are server woes, the forum's usually filled with complaints. It's as calm as a lake right now...

b:sad I just wanted to check gold prices since they spiked to 2mil per before maint on RT b:dirty
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, the pack sale kind of proved that PWE doesn't actually care about stable in-game economies... b:sad

Unless, of course, they're trying to drive up prices of things so that when China's pricing hits our server, we don't complain so much! b:shocked (See faction base weapon prices, for an example of what I mean...)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ya, I saw the prices of some of those faction base weapons b:sad ... And I still can't connect b:angry ... All the servers show unpopulated too on my end. Off to send a hopeless ticket
  • Solarnaru - Harshlands
    Solarnaru - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Too all of you who already have a Seeker OR a Mystic past lvl 50

No way no how have you played the toons long enough to really know what they can and can't do.
    You all used hypers or some means to power lvl your toons.
    Maybe you need to learn how to pace your skills to save mana. Maybe you need to learn the different combos to use to get the best results!

I was browsing anonymously... but when I saw this I felt the need to log in and reply....

I play(ed)
    9x Venomancer.
    7x Psychic.
    6x Cleric.

EXPANSION PATCH IS DONE!! Log in, make toon.
    A small bit of questing, a few days, and several alt frost's later... 7x mystic, non-CS'd gear, although a fair bit of decent caster hand-me-downs. I'll be lving to 90+ soon for TW reasons, but refusing to do 89 cult until skills are released.

So I have to say as an experienced mage... Mystics are complicated, but it's not rocket science. All you truly need to learn as a Mystic is to be as flexible and versatile as your class allows. Mana IS a problem, but it is easily solved using apoc herbs and a pure or near-pure build.

For arguments sake (though most consider this bragging) I inform you that my guild, as well as nearly everyone I have run anything with, has been very impressed (and usually dumbfounded) with my skill as a Mystic. I can't tell you how many positive comments i've had.

"holy **** wtf how are we not all dead tyty xD"

"you solo'd WHAT!?!"

"no we don't need cleric *my mystic's name here* can handle it"

Really all I'm trying to say is.... Learn to play your class. It's simple, just takes a little understanding and time. People DO notice, and also appreciate running with non-fail players.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Patch Notes Version 493
    Released March 16, 2011

<snip>

And once again, you guys failed to either silence Duke for good or enable the ability to turn off system messages. Is such a simple thing like that so difficult to do? Here we all are complaining like hell about the system message spam and nothing is done about it. But then again... I'm not surprised that PWE continues to ignore player demands & complaints, as usual.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WHAT spam? they turned the **** off LAST WEEK....... except for Best Lucks which were there stilll after the LAST time they had to silence most of his stuff (after the TB expansion). And I seem to remember Frankie saying they had to speak to the DEVS to silence him. Anything that requires coding requires the DEVS, which we have none of. So no, it's not a simple thing.

The only thing that's spamming anymore is stilll the bidding hall........ which we've mentioned over and over if anyone really cares about we can just open the Hall's window. Guess they dont' care we cant' carry on a conversation half the time while that's going on. b:surrender
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    WHAT spam? they turned the **** off LAST WEEK....... except for Best Lucks which were there stilll after the LAST time they had to silence most of his stuff (after the TB expansion). And I seem to remember Frankie saying they had to speak to the DEVS to silence him. Anything that requires coding requires the DEVS, which we have none of. So no, it's not a simple thing.

The only thing that's spamming anymore is stilll the bidding hall........ which we've mentioned over and over if anyone really cares about we can just open the Hall's window. Guess they dont' care we cant' carry on a conversation half the time while that's going on. b:surrender

If they can turn off most, they could turn off the bl too.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited March 2011
    If they can turn off most, they could turn off the bl too.

Except that it reminds people to buy packs... :P

TBQH, the Best Luck spam pretty much subsided after the first couple days of the sale. In fact, I think Lost City now has less spam for them than the day before the sale!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Reserving this space!

b:laugh

Patch Notes Version 493
    Released March 16, 2011

User Interface
    Fixed Genie skill buttons so that you can once again click anywhere on them to activate the skill.

Cleaned up some of the pet interfaces.

Cleaned up some of the Faction base interfaces.

Cleaned up some elements of the Genie skill trees.

Fixed equipment refining prompts to correctly reference refining instead of imbuing.

Server list interface should now correctly show population instead of Speed.

Misc
    Badge of the Cube should now state that it is unable to be refined.

Removed more remnant Chinese text.

We have renamed some types of faction contribution to Construction Points in order to help prevent confusion.

And last but not least... we'll just call him Squiggles

I need to go see that. XD
    Also, I'm wondering if the text on mobs with longer names got fixed. I was on my wiz yesterday in bh, fushma's name was all jumbled up in the target window. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Yudai - Sanctuary
    Yudai - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    does anyone know what this Squiggles is D:

or is it just a joke by the GM's >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks NowItsAwn.
  • Tigriss_f - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_f - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    does anyone know what this Squiggles is D:

or is it just a joke by the GM's >.>

I think that was a joke haveing to do with an untranslated NPC or mob name from the expansion. I remember it in a thread somewhere.
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think that was a joke haveing to do with an untranslated NPC or mob name from the expansion. I remember it in a thread somewhere.

i totally wanna go back and see if his name is has been changed to "Squiggles"
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    "Squiggles" is an immune to damage mini-boss in the earth guard area with a previously untranslated name.

I still think that nick name will stick thoughb:chuckle
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystiuc healing is pathetic.

Seekers are as good as bms as tanks.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.