Completed Mystic Guide.

Comments

• iiiiiusion
    iiiiiusion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've been trying to figure out this plant summon as well. After testing it out a few times I saw that it gives 3 debuffs. It lowers attack rate, channeling and movement speed. I have no clue on the "Weaken" status since the plant dosen't seem to debuff magical or defenses; the Befuddling physical Creeper does that instead. I'm still figuring these plants out, so if someone knows more on what exactly do these plants do please tell us. b:faint

Weaken is a amplify damage debuff.
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • Skid_Row - Heavens Tear
    Skid_Row - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    iiiiiusion wrote: »
    Name: Swirling Mist
    Info(Max Level):
    100% base magic damage
    +1992.2
    per 2 second
    over 9 seconds
    when target's hp is lesser than 60%
    Perspective: I have yet to find a useful purpose for this skill.
    Emphasis: Not essential/Unknown.

Sage: Poison damage increase by 800
    Demon: 25% chance to lower target's wood resistance by 15% for 6 sec

I just don't understand why you said it's not essential... it's a GOOD skill for single targets (On PvE at least. I had no chance to try to PvP).

Good damage over time, fast to use, do damage while you heal your pet, heal yourself, heal party or just control the aggro, also can save MP while killing mobs (don't need to hit for the next 9 seconds. If the mob resist all this time, of course)... One hit of Nature's Vengeance + Pet Damage leave the Mob HP at 60% or less. So just use Swirling and watch the mob's HP end with pet's help. Fast and useful.

You just used 2 skills (or one, if mob have low HP) and maybe one heal on the pet and the mob is dead.

I don't know if this skill will be usefull at end game, but while low level, in my opinion, it's a good way to kill single targets b:victory
  • Misutishizum - Sanctuary
    Misutishizum - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This guide is just amazing, it's helped me a lot. I haven't been able to play much lately or I'd be a higher lvl than I am but I'm getting there. I'm still unsure of what skills to lvl though, I've been focusing on Nature's Vengeance and the Devil Chiyuyu and my buffs but other than that I'm unsure of what to lvl.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This guide is just amazing, it's helped me a lot. I haven't been able to play much lately or I'd be a higher lvl than I am but I'm getting there. I'm still unsure of what skills to lvl though, I've been focusing on Nature's Vengeance and the Devil Chiyuyu and my buffs but other than that I'm unsure of what to lvl.

I would also suggest the heal for players and for your summon.
  • Nelphan - Heavens Tear
    Nelphan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I've been trying to figure out this plant summon as well. After testing it out a few times I saw that it gives 3 debuffs. It lowers attack rate, channeling and movement speed. I have no clue on the "Weaken" status since the plant dosen't seem to debuff magical or physical defenses; the Befuddling Creeper does that instead. I'm still figuring these plants out, so if someone knows more on what exactly do these plants do please tell us. b:faint
    Weaken is a amplify damage debuff.

to put it simply :

Befuddling Creeper :
    gives the debuffs for 6 secs :
    - Reduce Attack rate, casting speed of nearby enemies by 40%
    - Reduce physical and magic defenses by 20%

Spidervine :
    gives these debuffs for 12 secs :
    - Slow: Decreases the opponent's movement speed.
    - Distract: Decreases magical defense.
    - Weaken: Decreases physical defense.
    - Stupefy: Increases the opponent's channeling time.

so between those two, which one is actually better? Spidervine also slows movement speed and the debuffs last longer, but we don't know how powerful the debuff is.
  • Misutishizum - Sanctuary
    Misutishizum - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would also suggest the heal for players and for your summon.

I knew I forgot a few skills! xD I do have my heals up. Also which summons should I lvl? I know the Devil Chiyuyu is the main DD summon, Storm's Mistress is really mana dependant, Sally is good for instances, I plan to lvl her up and then the Cragglord. So far I've only been thinking of lvling Devil and Sally and maybe some of the plant summons.
  • Mistook - Harshlands
    Mistook - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I knew I forgot a few skills! xD I do have my heals up. Also which summons should I lvl? I know the Devil Chiyuyu is the main DD summon, Storm's Mistress is really mana dependant, Sally is good for instances, I plan to lvl her up and then the Cragglord. So far I've only been thinking of lvling Devil and Sally and maybe some of the plant summons.

Sally? You can rename summon? b:puzzled
  • violetvalor
    edited March 2011
    Sally? You can rename summon? b:puzzled

Sally is a common abbreviation for the summon called Salvation.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    There was an update in my mystic's list. Those skills will be the final version of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Isabela_ - Harshlands
    Isabela_ - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Hello! This is a guide i made for Mystics. I won't be writing about the
    Pros and Cons for Mystics, because i don't find a necessity for it.

Contents:
    -Short Introduction
    -Attribute Distributions
    -Skills Emphasis
    >>>Offensive Skills
    >>>Healing Skills
    >>>Active Summons and in-depth informations
    >>>Plant Summons
    >>>Left-over skills
    -Roles in instances

Introduction

Mystics, I would say this class isn't much of anything, they are more of
    a Frankenstien made up of a Venomancer and Cleric Class. They can neither
    perform the full functions of each class. They can capable of sacrificing their "Pets" to improve their own abilities.

Attribute Distributions

There are serveral builds avaliable, But i must emphasize on self-preferrance, some people like to be light armored, or more of VIT it is really up to your own preference . There isn't a standardized build. As for me, I personally prefer pure magic, or VIT build, since there is a pet tanker at your disposal. Here is the two builds I offer, as for the other builds, i won't be listing them out.

PURE MAGIC
    STR = Armor Requirements
    MAGIC = Remaining.

Comments: More of Damage Dealing and Healing, very low HP.

VIT BUILD*
    VIT +2
    Str +1
    MAGIC +7
    *Per 2 Levels.

Comments: More HP, Relative Damage Dealing, Don't over do the VIT. As long you hit more than 5k with Barbarian's buff it is enough. Thats about 3125 HP at least.

Skill Emphasis

-Offensive Skills
    Lets start from the Offensive skills tree.

Name: Nature's Vengence
    Info(Max Level):
    100% weapon damage
    + 723 add-on damage
    100% to slow target by 30% for 12 sec, which when under influence, Absorb Soul does twice as much damage.
    Perspective: A very useful skill, it does moderate damage, which you can stay under aggro from your own pets (Devil Chihyu, Storm Mistress, and CraggLord), and it is spammable, combination with Absorb Soul, will be disastrous to the target.
    Emphasis: Max this skill out as soon as possible.

Sage: 20% chance to gain 30 chi
    Demon: Extra damage increase by 600

Name: Swirling Mist
    Info(Max Level):
    100% base magic damage
    +1992.2
    per 2 second
    over 9 seconds
    when target's hp is lesser than 60%
    Perspective: I have yet to find a useful purpose for this skill.
    Emphasis: Not essential/Unknown.

Sage: Poison damage increase by 800
    Demon: 25% chance to lower target's wood resistance by 15% for 6 sec

Name: Absorb Soul
    Info(Max Level)(PVE):
    200% base magic damage
    + 4484.5
    as physical damage
    Info(Max Level)(PVP):
    125% base magic damage
    +2270
    as physical damage
    Perspective: A very very useful, hard hitting skill, easily mows down monster when used
    in complement with Nature's Vengence.
    Emphasis: End game skill, pace it slowly.

Sage: Gain additional 10 chi
    Demon: 80% chance to interrupt target's channelling
    *IMPORTANT, This skill do not affect some monsters, one of which i have discovered is Wraith Officer, Kun Kun, Staunch Worm.

Name: Gale Force
    Info(Max Level):
    base magic damage
    +100% weapon damage
    +2425.2
    AOE
    chance to silence AND freeze targets.
    Perspective:Tested and verified to inflict both status at once. However it chance to inflict is independent on every individual monster this aoe skill hit. some may not get inflicted with the status. good life saver in instances.
    Emphasis : End game, pace it slowly.

Sage: Attack area of effect increase by 2m
    Demon: Chance to paralyze increase by 20%

Name: Bramble Tornado
    Info(Max Level) :
    base magic damage
    +100% weapon damage
    + 3493.8
    100% knockback target 12 meters(Do not increase across skill level)
    Perspective: A Knockback skill! A necessity for all magic/ranged casters to have,
    get it soon.
    Emphasis: Pace it slowly(knockback distance is what you are after).

Sage: 20% chance not cost chi
    Demon: Knock back addition 1m
    *This skill have a knockback effect on players as well.

Name: Thicket
    Info(Max Level) :
    1200% weapon damage
    +6500
    chance to silence and freeze targets
    Tiny AOE
    Perspective: It is pretty much a Gale Force except it does more damage, and affects targets around the ticket spawns. Use it wisely, it works wonders.
    Emphasis : Max this skill out as soon as possible.

Sage: Additional damage increase 1500
    Demon: 25% to increase target's damage recieve for 9 sec

So what your saying is that when u say Vitality build your saying that's the magic build?For a Mystic ofc.
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The Magic build concentrates your points mainly on Magic, giving less priority to the rest of the atributes. The Vitality build also gives Magic points the highest priority but you add more Vitality points compared to the other builds, thus it's called the Vitality build. These two builds are patterns of allocating atribute points that affect your characters stats over time.

Hmm, I wonder when the final version of the Mystic skills will be updated in PWI. After comparing Mooy's new list to the one in ecatomb.net we can notice that Mystics will gain some firepower, yet those skills will need a little bit more mp.

Here it is: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=12463281
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • iiiiiusion
    iiiiiusion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Tq for the support. Updates will be made for mystics sage demon skills.

Edits: Update completed
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • Nyprein - Harshlands
    Nyprein - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    At the fear of sounding like a total noob (guess what? I am :D) what's the Str needed for armor? 1 every 2 levels?
    HP Pavilion dv6-2182nr 15.6-inch | 6 GB DDR2 800 | 500 GB HDD | Windows 7 64 Bit | ATi Radeon HD 4650 1 GB | AMD Turion II Ultra M620 @ 2.5 GHz
  • MikaMouse - Heavens Tear
    MikaMouse - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I love the Mystic characters after palying a priest/cleric whatever ya want to call them,One thing i really love is i dont get a buff me every minutes or so and no it's not the clerics problem that the character is a fail and needs buffs every second,DONT GET MAD,just the way it is sorry.. b:shutup And i no longer get used to do someone eles runs and get b:fatb for my time b:angry ,So yes pretty happy with the Mystics!

b:bye
  • violetvalor
    edited March 2011
    At the fear of sounding like a total noob (guess what? I am :D) what's the Str needed for armor? 1 every 2 levels?

Yes, for arcane armor, which I recommend.
  • Nyprein - Harshlands
    Nyprein - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Yes, for arcane armor, which I recommend.

That's what I thought. Thanks
    HP Pavilion dv6-2182nr 15.6-inch | 6 GB DDR2 800 | 500 GB HDD | Windows 7 64 Bit | ATi Radeon HD 4650 1 GB | AMD Turion II Ultra M620 @ 2.5 GHz
  • Daeco - Heavens Tear
    Daeco - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just LOVE mystics. They include most of my favorite aspects of other classes. I've got an animal, pretty powerful spells and ability to heal! Oh, and it's easy to level them up!
    My char turned out really pretty too, hehe > w <
    Oh, and by the way, your guide helped me a lot, so - thank you very much!~ ^.^
  • Sassaiki - Sanctuary
    Sassaiki - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can we get confirmation somehow that the info on sage/demon skills is accurate? there is a quoted portion that does not match the current info.
  • Lich_Man - Lost City
    Lich_Man - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Might find this debate useful for dungeons.

Link: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1038131
  • imsin93
    imsin93 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Can we get confirmation somehow that the info on sage/demon skills is accurate? there is a quoted portion that does not match the current info.

What?
  • Sassaiki - Sanctuary
    Sassaiki - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    imsin93 wrote: »
    What?

What I meant was there is a quote within this thread that shows different info than the current info, which means that at some point, the original post's information was altered. Therefor I was looking for confirmation that the current info was accurate, but I no longer need it as I got confirmation elsewhere.
  • XVBx - Dreamweaver
    XVBx - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Great review, especially the parts with demon/sage info.
    my main is a cleric and i love playing as a mysitc. and i totaly love when a mystic is in a squad with my cleric. the pre res buff is a total life saver ::D

i've also found (during my travels as a mystic) that they are an awesome solo class. true, they cant solo most instences or a massive boss like krixxixx (not a massive boss, but it is at the lvl u need to kill him). but for the most part of the game, i've found that i can solo pretty much everything else. the pre res, once again, is awesome. the ablity to heal yourself as well as your summon saves money on hp pots (but means more money spent on mana pots) pluss, when u summon your punishing sting, devil, use swirling myst and attack normally, your basically ganking your target, with just one toon.

i love my mystic, and i can see it even taking place as my main one day b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing. b:cool
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    pluss, when u summon your punishing sting, devil, use swirling myst and attack normally, your basically ganking your target, with just one toon.

Every time I do all this at one time, there's so many numbers poping every second at the same time that I kinda feel like I am APS b:chuckle
  • Skull_Howl - Lost City
    Skull_Howl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The 10 diff pets with 20 diff skills/functions they have really confuse me. I think just because of that, I'm kind of turned off by them.
  • Skull_Howl - Lost City
    Skull_Howl - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is there any way you can stow your pets away anyway? Or unsummon rather.
  • iiiiusion
    iiiiusion Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The 10 diff pets with 20 diff skills/functions they have really confuse me. I think just because of that, I'm kind of turned off by them.

IT is 10 levels of 4 pets with 2 skill each, yu are reading it wrong, and no you cannot stow a mystic pet. Let it die, it doesn't cost much mp o.o
  • violetvalor
    edited March 2011
    Is there any way you can stow your pets away anyway? Or unsummon rather.

You can:
    - Summon and all class pet.
    - Embrace someone of the opposite gender.
    - Order it to halt and then walk away.
    - Energy Leech it. This is a level 49 skill.
  • jennakatee
    jennakatee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm using the vit build, does anyone know what type of gear would suit the char better? b:pleased
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011

-Plant Summons

Name: Vital Herb
    Info(Max Level):
    -Increase Health recovery rate by 50 per sec to nearby squad member, last for 20 seconds.
    cannot be Lysing
    Perspective: Depends you and how you want it to be. decide for yourself here.
    Emphasis: independent.

This is incorrect, VH does much, much more. In addition to the hp regen buff, It casts a spell like Iron Heart, except AOE. The stacks don't wear off until long after VH has finished its 20 active seconds.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1099681

For more info.

Do not underestimate the awesomeness of Vital Herb!!!
  • lilaerin
    lilaerin Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Great review, especially the parts with demon/sage info.
    my main is a cleric and i love playing as a mysitc. and i totaly love when a mystic is in a squad with my cleric. the pre res buff is a total life saver ::D

i've also found (during my travels as a mystic) that they are an awesome solo class. true, they cant solo most instences or a massive boss like krixxixx (not a massive boss, but it is at the lvl u need to kill him). but for the most part of the game, i've found that i can solo pretty much everything else. the pre res, once again, is awesome. the ablity to heal yourself as well as your summon saves money on hp pots (but means more money spent on mana pots) pluss, when u summon your punishing sting, devil, use swirling myst and attack normally, your basically ganking your target, with just one toon.

i love my mystic, and i can see it even taking place as my main one day b:victory

I just started playing as a Mystic recently and was getting confused on the summons and the herb's description here :) Although, I do think I like my cleric more just because I spent so much energy into her.. and I do like mystics as well makes it easier to go around and taking a break from people asking you for buffs without so much as a please and thank you =/ (thankfully I've met some who did appreciate it :) ).

Oh also, thank you for the guide b:thanks, I started my Mystic not too long ago and was getting confused at the descriptions for the summons and the herbs so this really help cleared out some confusion. b:shy

I apologize if it seems like I'm rambling >.< I usually just stalk the forums so I'm not used to posting something on a forum. b:shy