• iiiiiusion
    iiiiiusion Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ...? b:surrender

"Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size"
    "Heroic and impressive in quality"
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/epic

Perhaps you meant 'epic fail'? That's the one that's bad.

b:chuckleb:chuckle
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    Sharazen - Archosaur Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Here's another thread of mine. Deals with dungeons.

Link:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1020311
  • leance
    leance Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Ahh, thank you for the lovely little guide. The descriptions and "emphasis" notes are really useful, since the in-game description often leaves us guessing at the usefulness of skills.
    I don't see why some people say you should detail this much more. These are splendid guidelines, and like you said somewhere - people mustn't be spoonfed. Only making a mass of braindead dweebs that way. Let them read this and decide for themselves on how to play their Mystic.
    b:shutup Might just be me, I guess.
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    Options
    leance wrote: »
    Ahh, thank you for the lovely little guide. The descriptions and "emphasis" notes are really useful, since the in-game description often leaves us guessing at the usefulness of skills.
    I don't see why some people say you should detail this much more. These are splendid guidelines, and like you said somewhere - people mustn't be spoonfed. Only making a mass of braindead dweebs that way. Let them read this and decide for themselves on how to play their Mystic.
    b:shutup Might just be me, I guess.

TQ.

Alright people, the pet skill table is up and completed. It can be found in the 2nd post or http://img40.imageshack.us/i/mysticpet.png/ If there is any mistake, feel free to leave a post. :)
    b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle b:chuckle Don't QQ man =.=
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    sorry if this was already added. i don't have the time to read all the posts lol. regaurding the use of salvation summon (i call her sallyxD). so far, i've seen mystics have her set on attack mode. being the sqishest summon of the lot means one good aoe will most likely kill her. have her set on manual. if your using her that most likely means your playing support. it's annoying to see the little angel run up to bosses and start slapping it for tiny damage, then get one shotted by an aoe lol.
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    they are affected. take off your gear, then summon your pet. check stats. put your gear back on, and resummon. check stats again. you will see then, the stats change.
    sorry if this was already added. i don't have the time to read all the posts lol. regaurding the use of salvation summon (i call her sallyxD). so far, i've seen mystics have her set on attack mode. being the sqishest summon of the lot means one good aoe will most likely kill her. have her set on manual. if your using her that most likely means your playing support. it's annoying to see the little angel run up to bosses and start slapping it for tiny damage, then get one shotted by an aoe lol.

explain this a bit more please. I'm not quite sure how to use salvation @ all. Doesn't seem to quite work same way as veno pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jigokudou
    jigokudou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    explain this a bit more please. I'm not quite sure how to use salvation @ all. Doesn't seem to quite work same way as veno pet.

The only way I use my Salvation pet is to have it not attack because it's attacks are so weak. Like an above poster said it just "slaps" for very very small damage.

The only skill I find myself using is "Aegis Sphere" and that's the only skill I use in group play for the tank and or main aggro, think of this skill as a "Wings of Protection" on a cleric or a "True Emptiness Skill" on a BM or Barb but T.E. absorbs magic damage if the physical defense is higher and vice versa.

A level 10 Salvation's Aegis absorbs TONS of damage and probabiy by the time it wears off or takes the amount of damage you can just recast again.

But that's just how I use it. Some one else may use it differently. b:pleased
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

it's simple really. you just need to have your ally selected and use a buff from the pet. if your using this pet then it should be PURELY as a support role so upon summoning set her attack stance to manual so she wouldn't run after the mob you attack cos she is VERY squishy and has some of the most pathetic damage of ANYTHING in the game (epic fail there since she is a god's daughter lol). using her buff, which like the above poster says is like whinged shell on steroids (at level 10), on the tank of your party can give you an easier time. and can (in theory) allow for classes that don't normally tank to tank more effectively.
  • iiiiiusion
    edited March 2011
    Options
    @ Previous 6 post.
    I won't say that salvation(sally O.O) is a good DD and it is true, you better keep her away from your enemies. Sally have supportive skill however not to the extend of sucking tons damage, you need to know that at max level she absorb nothing more than 2k damage and 40% into her own mp. Finally it will be an honor to say this SHE IS NOT A TANK :D
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it worth to lvl up plant sumon skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Ivory - Harshlands
    Ivory - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    it worth to lvl up plant sumon skills?

yes specially the one that lowers the attack rate and chann of the mob and player b:cool
  • Noskrad - Heavens Tear
    Noskrad - Heavens Tear Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    yes specially the one that lowers the attack rate and chann of the mob and player b:cool

Got it, thnx 4 info : )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination. X3
  • Schulyer - Dreamweaver
    Schulyer - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    iiiiiusion wrote: »
    Name: Resurrect
    Info(Max Level):
    Resurrect single target
    exp loss reduced by 80%
    regains 50% of target's max hp.
    Perspective: Totally own cleric's resurrect, HOWEVER, it do not reduce exp loss as much as
    a lvl 10 cleris' resurrect. Excellent buff for a tanker/healer.
    Obvious downside, MASSIVE MP usage.
    Emphasis: Pace it along with your MP pool OR Max this skill as soon as possible

Sage: Exp lost reduce to 95%
    Demon: Revive with 100% hp

Name: Comforting Mist
    Info(Max Level):
    Heals squad within 11 meters
    18% base magic damage
    +720.
    Perspective: Weaker than a cleric's chromatic healing beam, however, your only squad heal.
    Get it, it helps.
    Emphasis: Pace it moderately.

Sage: Exp lost reduce to 95%
    Demon: Revive with 100% hp

I was reading through the sage/demon versions of the skills and found this little typo b:chuckle

Btw, excellent guide :)
  • Vorken - Archosaur
    Vorken - Archosaur Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Swirling Mist seems a viable skill against bosses.
    When you calculate the total damage (assuming 2 per second over 9 seconds is 5 ticks)
    Swirling Mist does 500% base magic + 9961
    This is more than double Absorb Soul (200% base magic damage+ 4484.5)
    And a lot more than Nature's Vengeance (100% weapon damage + 723)

So if you are spam healing your summons and can only get off the occasional attack spell, swirling mist is a good choice.

I suspect that it is efficient from a damage per MP perspective.

Also, since it is damage over time, it is less likely to steal aggro from your summons.
  • VortexLegend - Lost City
    VortexLegend - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was reading through the sage/demon versions of the skills and found this little typo b:chuckle

Btw, excellent guide :)

Thank you, changes are being made. b:laugh
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thicket is AOE. Just found this out earlier and confirmed with another mystic after.

The range isnt very large, about 6-7 meters, roughly anything inside the thicket that spawns is hit by the skill.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Are Leeched-Storm Mistress and Rapid Growth stackable?
  • Sharazen - Archosaur
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Also it seems like the sage path is the best way to go. Ty for posting sage/demon skills. ^^
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for your summon plant part of your guide, you have said that all plants are independently decided amongst ourselves if we should level them or not.

I actually believe leveling Befuddling Creeper and Punishing Sting are the 2 most important plants to level of all of them.

Befuddling is nice to have on bosses, it constantly keeps putting its bebuffs on like theres no tomorrow. having many attackers on a boss, this can benefit and make things go a little faster.

As for Punishing, this can actually act as a third AOE attack. Although, its only 10 meters range, Lysing Punishing Sting does pretty decent DMG at level 10.

Lifeless Blossom could be a third choice on leveling. This plant could do good if you have several mobs on you, and you cant handle the DMG, wanna run away, something along those lines. When you sleep a target though, if you hit them they wake up. Plus, the sleep only lasts 6 seconds, so thats why im not too strong about this skill.

As for the others though, I agree with you on when you say decide for yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • _ZafirRose_ - Heavens Tear
    _ZafirRose_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the2029 wrote: »
    Thanks, I needed this.

Just confirms that this is the class for me, a little bit of everything.

Before Mystic came along, I couldn't stick with a single class for too long since I wanted to be able to do everything, and now I basically can to an extent.

I feel like I can finally stick with a character now.

lol me too :D
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    iiiiiusion wrote: »
    Name: Spidervine
    Info(Max Level):
    -The Lysing of Spidervine deals moderate damage, and has a high chance to Distract, Slow, Stupify, and Weaken enemies for 12 Seconds.
    Plant's debuffs:
    -deal moderate damage chance to distract, slow, stupify by 50%
    and weaken by 20% both debuffs last for 6 seconds.
    Perspective: Depends you and how you want it to be. decide for yourself here.
    Emphasis: independent.

Someone may need to explain this plant to me, It says Distract, slow and stupify, which is slow movement speed and reduced phy and magical attack, so thats by 50%, yet it says it weakens it for 20% as well, weakens what by 20%? im totally lost lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was playing around, and noticed that vital herb can be out with one other plant of your choice. vital herb will not disappear when you summon another plant. having both the healing herbs might actually be -kinda ok- to use together, since they would both heal together (healing 2250 HP in the first 20 seconds with both herbs, then 2500 more HP being healed in the remaining 40 seconds from healing herb). but vital herb doesnt actually restore HP, it just makes your HP regeneration speed 50 points faster per second (at level 10).

I just thought it might be worth mentioning in your guide that vital herb can be used with another plant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I was playing around, and noticed that vital herb can be out with one other plant of your choice. vital herb will not disappear when you summon another plant. having both the healing herbs might actually be -kinda ok- to use together, since they would both heal together (healing 2250 HP in the first 20 seconds with both herbs, then 2500 more HP being healed in the remaining 40 seconds from healing herb). but vital herb doesnt actually restore HP, it just makes your HP regeneration speed 50 points faster per second (at level 10).

I just thought it might be worth mentioning in your guide that vital herb can be used with another plant.

vital herb doesnt just raise your hp healing rate, it also heals you. vital herb kept me alive with 3 elites from the PQ and i only have it at level 1. they couldnt lower my health
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Aye, vital herb at level 2 i think was healing my Bh squad for 500 per, pretty good if you ask me, i think the hp regen is just a bonus, bit of a pointless one but im not complaining, i also need info on spidervine if any1 actually has info on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • jenisky
    jenisky Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thank you very much for this b:pleased
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    vital herb doesnt just raise your hp healing rate, it also heals you. vital herb kept me alive with 3 elites from the PQ and i only have it at level 1. they couldnt lower my health
    Aye, vital herb at level 2 i think was healing my Bh squad for 500 per, pretty good if you ask me, i think the hp regen is just a bonus, bit of a pointless one but im not complaining, i also need info on spidervine if any1 actually has info on it.
    oh really? i was thinking it seemed that it may have healed a bit mroe than 50 HP per tick. I am guessing the description is just wrong - or missing out on some info? yeah i just read it now, it does say it restores health, but it doesnt say how much it heals u, only how much hp regen it adds >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anjin - Lost City
    Anjin - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I must say you have done such a wonderful job giving information!
    I am going to add it to my Associated Content/Yahoo review of "Perfect World International Genesis". I won't be quoting it simply for the fact that I will give your link.
    Again: Awesome job!!
  • InfiNite_LT - Raging Tide
    InfiNite_LT - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thx, you really helped me b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We're born to be free..
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Someone may need to explain this plant to me, It says Distract, slow and stupify, which is slow movement speed and reduced phy and magical attack, so thats by 50%, yet it says it weakens it for 20% as well, weakens what by 20%? im totally lost lol

I've been trying to figure out this plant summon as well. After testing it out a few times I saw that it gives 3 debuffs. It lowers attack rate, channeling and movement speed. I have no clue on the "Weaken" status since the plant dosen't seem to debuff magical or physical defenses; the Befuddling Creeper does that instead. I'm still figuring these plants out, so if someone knows more on what exactly do these plants do please tell us. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.