Unappreciative noobs

Turgara - Sanctuary
Turgara - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I'm really getting tired of the jerkwads that are allowed to play this game and be completely ignorant and disrespectful to people going out their way to help them get mats, bh, etc. Yesterday, a random pm asked if I would help them do a TT to help them get their mats for their weapon. I agreed and said I would, I don't know where this nub got information, but he only made a 5 man squad, it was only 2-1, but we had a two clerics, a 70 archer and a sin. The sin and I probably did most of the damage, so another DD would have been nice. And this guy didn't even grab subs...which I understand being a nub not everything knows this, so being a nice guy, I bought the subs to get in. The guy just need wurlord for his TT70 bow. When we finally finished with wurlord all this archer kept saying was "drops please drops, can I have my drops now please" I mean for god sake's the rest of the team was his faction members and I didn't even have one of the drops (I wasn't even in his faction). And it wasn't until they were actually given the mats to him he finally said "thanks". That was it "thanks", not "thanks guys so much for helping me with this" or "you guys are awesome, I really appreciate this" I was little annoyed by his whining and his "appreciation" and simply said "Just for future reference, most squads split the mats, so you shouldn't expect all of them given to you and you alone" He replied "but you guys said you didn't need anything" I never said this. I replied with "either way, you need to say thank you and be more appreciative when people who don't even need this TT go out of their way to help you" I left the squad and as a left the instance I get a pm "that was a jerky comment" from the archer.

"I don't really care?" -- me
"obviously"--him
"As I said you should have said thank you a little better than the way you did"--me
"wtf, I did say thank you, you ****"---him
"Wow, great way to talk to someone who just helped you get your mats" --me
"god damnit, I've been patient with you, but I'm tired of your comments, get over it"---him
(This actually made me laugh, like somehow, he was going out of my way for me)
"lmao, listen here nublette, you talk to people like that in the future, you're never going to get a squad, all you were doing is whining "drops please drops"--me
"I wasn't whining, ****"--him
"Keep talking to me like that nublette, and you're not going to even be a in faction to help you next time you need mats because I'm going to notify you're faction leader how you're talking to people"---me
"I don't care, I'll just block you"--him

With that I did get a hold of a Marshal from his faction and they're going to have a talk with him and the leader so hopefully dbags like him are factionless.

The point is, this is why you can never find clerics and barbs anymore, because when we go out of our way to help we get aholes like this guy.
Post edited by Turgara - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So, let me get this straight....... he was excited to get his Bow and kept askin for the drops everyone SAID they'd help him get.... when u all finally traded them to him, he DID say thank you. Then you start to berate him and insult him? lmao ya................ ok........ *cough*

A better response then you acting like a **** would be "you're welcome"

Edit: I don't type much either when i'm in-game sometimes..... most i prolly woulda said was thanks alot..... but wtf's wrong with that lmao. I could understand your whining about him if he just town portal'ed out w/o saying anything..... but that didnt' happen.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The point is, this is why you can never find clerics and barbs anymore, because when we go out of our way to help we get aholes like this guy.

Well I wouldn't say all clerics and barbs are saints either. In fact, they can be the worst...

I've met people like these before. I just don't bother making a scene of it and just not squad with them in the future (and to be fair, the guy you squadded with did say thanks. It's not like they have to kiss your feet). I mostly tend to my own business these days, skip all my BH's, very rarely do FF (like once a month, with people I know) and basically just restrict myself to squadding with friends and friends of friends.

The last thing I'd want is having to put up with that bull on a daily basis...

While we're at it, here's a little story:

Dude: Can you res me pls?
    (he's on my friends list)
    Me: Sure, where you at?
    <squads me>
    <he apparently died to a wicked pirate>
    So after about 5 minutes of flying...
    <See he got 10% hp back without going to town, apparently he got a res>
    <He leaves squad without saying a thing>

And that is how some people turn bitter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So, let me get this straight....... he was excited to get his Bow and kept askin for the drops everyone SAID they'd help him get.... when u all finally traded them to him, he DID say thank you. Then you start to berate him and insult him? lmao ya................ ok........ *cough*

A better response then you acting like a **** would be "you're welcome"

Edit: I don't type much either when i'm in-game sometimes..... most i prolly woulda said was thanks alot..... but wtf's wrong with that lmao. I could understand your whining about him if he just town portal'ed out w/o saying anything..... but that didnt' happen.

He wanted a cherry on top of the thanks.

That's like volunteering and expecting to be paid in appreciation for volunteering. When I go through 100s of hours of volunteer work, I get nothing in return, because I volunteered to give up my time.

So, if you volunteer to give up your time, don't expect anything in return... because in essence, you're not supposed to. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    LOL Nowit... i hate **** like that
  • YouriNishi - Raging Tide
    YouriNishi - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    b:laughb:laugh You must be one of those barbs that expects people to pay you to run FC also too b:beatenupb:beatenup
  • Tearle - Dreamweaver
    Tearle - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I can see why OP would be upset, feeling used but I can also see why the archer would be uspet :/ I've helped randoms in WC with jewels and not even gotten a "thanks" before they leave. While it's nice to get, kindess and chivalry don't seem to apply in a game world for some people because it's not face to face. Or some other reason perhaps v.v
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    - Take it as a lesson, that's the reazon that I dont help noobies anymore , you never know who your helping . IF i ever help someone is because im extremely bored and have the time However i do it NoT expecting thanks or any compliment from them, instead i Treat them bad and make them hurry and shut up the whole time they are with me. YEah that's the price of a lvl 100 R-8 Sin help!
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Turgara, you got mistaken by this game's name. It's just a name! People playing this game are still the same...

+ yeah, what did you expect? :\ you helped and got thanks, so ...
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    He said thank you. What more did you want, him to grovel and kiss your feet?
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    He said thank you. What more did you want, him to grovel and kiss your feet?

Worship him like a god. His time is so valuable.

• Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Worship him like a god. His time is so valuable.

Yeah, I figured as much, I just thought I'd try not to be too snippy. =P
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I figured as much, I just thought I'd try not to be too snippy. =P

"All I ask of you is to kneel to me." From that zerxces guy in 300.

• NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I always make sure to give anyone who helps me tons of thank you's and appreciation... unless they are complete aholes themselves.
    That being said, I have also helped a lot of people before and I don't expect any mats or coins or anything more than a thank you. Instead of running FC's or leveling up my other characters, or farm for myself, I am spending my time helping you.
    And it doesn't help when the person keeps saying "Oh gimme mats!" or "Are you here yet???? I want BH" . That alone is enough for me to drop squad.
    I'm sorry, I'm not fast enough for you even though I'm the one helping you, is what I want to say -__- .
    But this guy bought SUBS and tanked the TT and all he got was a "thanks", not a "thank you so much random barb guy that shouldn't owe me anything like a TT run for free".
    I would personally act the same way OP did, only I don't actually say anything to anyone and just let it go. But it still makes me mad... you get a random person asking for help, then they rush you through the help and only say "thanks" after they reap the reward of it. I would have atleast offered to pay him back for the subs, since he basically got all the mats for free... Sorry mate, we got some ignorant people in the world with no manners. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Guys, stop flaming the OP, pls. Honestly, I think I understood his feeling. I think he helped that guy to feel helpful and useful, so he was expecting the guy to be all happy and thank him with enthusiasm. I think, it would have make the OP happy to feel he was so useful to him. In a nutshell, the OP is searching other's appreciation, I think he must have a low self-esteem. (I say this, because I feel this way sometimes too. Well, thats a bit why I have a cleric: I wanted to feel useful to ppl and be liked. Maybe some barbs are like this too, since barbs are also highly needed)

Let's give a hug to Turgara ^o^ !
  • Zeyar - Dreamweaver
    Zeyar - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    just dont help no one in the future .. it doesnt worth it
    u went out of ur way to help some nub & they didnt treat u right, and some idiots in forum is flaming u too

Never ever help strangers, problem solved b:bye
  • Turgara - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    lol, oh Alasen, to actually think you're important to anyone or your opinion actually matters, I'm assuming you're taking the shot at me because you're the one who leaves without saying thanks. And I'm also assuming that you only read at a 1st grade level. But Veno's are about as useful as your IQ level, well not all veno's, just you. And you wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about because nobody invites failed veno's to help out.

No Nishi, I don't charge people to fcc, in fact, I actually did a run on exhaustion time for a friend. Knowing you, you probably don't even go out of your way for people unless you know them personally. That, or nobody wants you because you fail as a barb in general. I wouldn't know, I don't associate with wannabes.

And the **** I really hate are dbags like Alasen and Nishi who are apparently so bored they have to throw random insults in a thread because in real life nobody wants to be around dumbasses who have the intelligence equivalent to a trash can. (Oh Alasen, equivalent means "equal to", I know you have trouble pronouncing and understanding words so I took the liberty of explaining it for you. Don't worry, you don't have to thank me, I won't expect it this time)
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I think that most people are missing the point of the OP, its not that he helped someone and now he expects them to kiss his feet in return, its the fact of how he went out his way to help, helped a totally random person, diddnt get no mats at all when usually mats are split into the party, instead this guy somehow managed to score them all for his wep, the barb even bought the subs to do some other guys run, so he spent money on the subs, repair bills, may be some pots along the way? 1-2 hours of his time and all he got was a *thanks*.

All the guy did in return was be a pest in the squad, asking for *his drops* that he did nothing for apart from *tag along* and bug some random guy to come and expect to get every mat in there, instead he also got swore at in PM multiple times acting like a total jack *** to the guy that just helped him, I've been in that situation my self and its a total pain in the ***, I can feel for the OP here, I suggest people be more open to it other than *so what, you helped him for free and you want him to grovel at your feet?*, the barb *lost* money helping out a random out of his own genorosity, its usualy nice to get a *thanks a lot!, you've been a real help :)* and perhaps give the barb a couple mats for his expenses :/.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Btw, everyone who flamed OP does not take their daily dose of Thank-Your-Helpers-A-Day multi-vitamin.
    And they're also unnapreciative noobs. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Turgara - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Omg, Katzyn has a reply?? LOL, you of all people don't have any room to say you help people or make a comment on someone helping, because I know personally you and Yudeiiiiiiii (sorry started throwing up), don't help people with anything, which is why people shout out your faction sucks in common chat lmao. Being in your faction, I know you don't help anyone unless it's helping Yudei get off.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    just dont help no one in the future .. it doesnt worth it
    u went out of ur way to help some nub & they didnt treat u right, and some idiots in forum is flaming u too

Never ever help strangers, problem solved b:bye

Yeah, see...For people who actually have dealt with him...he's not the nicest, most thankful person himself, and he is hard to work with. So imo, being simply thanked is perfectly suitable for the situation.

I do feel it was rude that the guy didn't even have subs for a run -he- wanted, but you could have easily told him he needed to get those himself, at the very least. In the end, he did thank you, and you did insult him numerous times. Which doesn't surprise me in the least.
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, see...For people who actually have dealt with him...he's not the nicest, most thankful person himself, and he is hard to work with. So imo, being simply thanked is perfectly suitable for the situation.

I do feel it was rude that the guy didn't even have subs for a run -he- wanted, but you could have easily told him he needed to get those himself, at the very least. In the end, he did thank you, and you did insult him numerous times. Which doesn't surprise me in the least.

Take a guess to why he *insulted* the un-thankful noob, its because that very same person basicly insulted him pretty much first after the guy just went out of his way to help a total stranger, go figure, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    saying thank you was insulting? b:puzzled
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    No, when he said
    "wtf, I did say thank you, you ****"---him
    what ever the stars are, is obviously the insult.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *One week later*
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    saying thank you was insulting? :b puzzle

Not kissing his feet, was insulting =P
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'm really getting tired of the jerkwads that are allowed to play this game and be completely ignorant and disrespectful to people going out their way to help them get mats, bh, etc.

You got exactly what you deserved. After all... you are the one who agreed to help a complete random in the first place. Rule of thumb... never help anyone not on your friend list or in your guild. That’s not saying that you shouldn’t join random squad. But join random squad(s) only if the other people are capable of pulling as much weight as you are.

If you must go out of your way to help some helpless nubs... expect a slow and horrible run... with a crapped up ending. After all... if they are randomly pming you for help... its pretty clear that no one else would help them.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Turgara - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    I would throw a comment about you too Dan, but you would probably just smash me with your wallet from all the cash shopping you do. I'm sure it's real proud moment for you to know it only took your thousands of dollars to be considered good.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I guess you all missed the part in between "thank you" and the "****" part where he was harping on the guy like freaking grandma. So he didn't bring subs..... big freakign deal. Instead of buying them himself Turg shoulda told the guy to go get some..... but seriously thank you isnt' enough anymore? what the hell... remind me next time i get help on something I can't take myself I go something like "thank you you godly people... you shine like the heavens in all your glory... I can never repay you for your kindess"......... please..... /sarcasm off

As for your reply to me Turg.... LOL! wow...... just wow...
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I would throw a comment about you too Dan, but you would probably just smash me with your wallet from all the cash shopping you do. I'm sure it's real proud moment for you to know it only took your thousands of dollars to be considered good.

Acting as immature as you are right now isn't helping you one bit.
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That archer, trolled you guys. This is a great game, if they want to troll, they should make an alt, like me, and **** here. Its funny to see ragers that say they laugh when they are not.:p.
    Anyway, I help others regardless whether they are thankful or not because I love helping others. Just move on OP.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That archer, trolled you guys. This is a great game, if they want to troll, they should make an alt, like me, and **** here. Its funny to see ragers that say they laugh when they are not.:p.
    Anyway, I help others regardless whether they are thankful or not because I love helping others. Just move on OP.

You don't want me to flag you to CMs/GMs, bro ^^
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~