Still no demon spark

Serafe - Heavens Tear
Serafe - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Seeker
So I get to 90, very exciting... go demon, yay channeling... and I can't learn even my demon spark? I am pretty sure the fishies had sage/demon sparks before skills...

QQ

Or am I missing something?
Post edited by Serafe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So I get to 90, very exciting... go demon, yay channeling... and I can't learn even my demon spark? I am pretty sure the fishies had sage/demon sparks before skills...

QQ

You're only half-right. It is true that the Tideborn triple sparks did come out ages before the Sage/Demon skills did.

HOWEVER...

The sparks themselves still weren't implemented for a month or two after the Tideborn were released. I know it seems like a simple addition that shouldn't take any time at all to implement... And it is. But meh, PWE gonna be PWE.

Cheers.
  • LyuFong - Sanctuary
    LyuFong - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It is your punishment for hypering to 90 b:laugh

Sage/Demon skills, as does any 79 skills for earthguards are on their way.

When? Only God knows...
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    That's what you get for rushing to end-game. We all knew this was going to happen. I actually remember someone saying specifically someone would say this exact thing. b:chuckle
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grats, now hurry up and wait like the rest of us
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • Serafe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Look at all you little haters! Sheesh! The best part is that while I got to 90 in a week, I did it in less than 4 hours per day!

Somehow I thought the sparks would be there right away. Oh well! There will be no waiting for me, just keep leveling and enjoying my seeker.

Besides, the Monday night event was fun to score high!
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Look at all you little haters! Sheesh! The best part is that while I got to 90 in a week, I did it in less than 4 hours per day!

Somehow I thought the sparks would be there right away. Oh well! There will be no waiting for me, just keep leveling and enjoying my seeker.

WTF?! how did you lvled up that fast?!
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    getting leached with hypers on in FC -sigh-

well while u were doing that, Ive ha a lot of fun doing all the quests, exploring the new area, and even discovering the newly added quests which are actually not bad EXP (when you do it at the lvl you can get it anyways). not to mention learning about my class - yea i had to throw that in there :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited March 2011

funny thing, no one cares if you FCC'd or oracled your way to the top. It just means your credit card works.

Oh wait, here we go, I'll say this:

Good job for spending money b:laugh
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Oh another de ja vu . . (b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    This is the punishment for getting a unique meditation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well while you wait you can grind and learn your class as u said b:chuckle

i wouldnt trust my ingame life to someone who leveled so fast

and no its not just 'haters'
    some of us are just fearful.
    Fearful of soon squading with a high lvl new class that only fumbled with their chara for 2weeks or so and joining us in near endgame.

We prefer to squad with pple who know wtf their doing than just mindlessly whacking at things
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Serafe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    rofl.

One week.
    Six sets of hypers (hardly a zhen miracle, my credit card remains untouched).

It is amazing what you can do with an understanding of the game, some good friends who want to see you succeed and will donate their time to help you level quickly! There are a lot of fun aspects to the game. I have played several characters without frost runs or hypers. I have gained a strong understanding of the game, and because of it, I can afford to play my character how I want.

As far as understanding the class as well as others... I will agree it is steep learning curve, but I consider myself an intelligent person and I think I'll manage. By the time most people hit 59, I'll have used those skills for a month! This is a game, not astrophysics, why do people think it is hard to learn? Some people may be lousy at their class, but more often than not it isn't because they power leveled, but because they are just lousy gamers!

*By the way* Fearful of squading with a noob? I run so many noobs through BHs everyday! Noobs are an annoyance at best, not something to be afraid of :-) Good chance to teach anyway!
  • LyuFong - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    rofl.

One week.
    Six sets of hypers (hardly a zhen miracle, my credit card remains untouched).

It is amazing what you can do with an understanding of the game, some good friends who want to see you succeed and will donate their time to help you level quickly! There are a lot of fun aspects to the game. I have played several characters without frost runs or hypers. I have gained a strong understanding of the game, and because of it, I can afford to play my character how I want.

As far as understanding the class as well as others... I will agree it is steep learning curve, but I consider myself an intelligent person and I think I'll manage. By the time most people hit 59, I'll have used those skills for a month! This is a game, not astrophysics, why do people think it is hard to learn? Some people may be lousy at their class, but more often than not it isn't because they power leveled, but because they are just lousy gamers!

*By the way* Fearful of squading with a noob? I run so many noobs through BHs everyday! Noobs are an annoyance at best, not something to be afraid of :-) Good chance to teach anyway!

Still, you power-leveled to lvl 90 and now you can't use triple-spark, demon/sage skills nor 79 skills also. You got to lvl 90 and can only fight at what, 50% of your potential?

I wouldn't consider myself "intelligent" if I were you...
    edited March 2011
    when you get overconfident, that's when something snaps up and bites you.
    Arrogance diminishes wisdom
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Manhore - Lost City
    Manhore - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    touche to those that flamed the author of the thread...rushing to 90 yay, so much fun, no spark? does it matter? no 79 skills? (oh yay another money spending tool)

one can only know how to play the class if one spends time doing it regardless if they power lvled to get there, im sure theres people who power lvled to 100 and can barely play their class with +12 rank 9 gear, i think i can name a few from Lost City ijs...

rushing to 90 or even 100 may not be beneficial PERIOD

play the class and dont power lvl to 100 and your chances of being better than the next person who power lvled = 99%

thats all i gotta say...

@ everyone who is flaming Serafe, all good comments

@ Serafe, while your at 100 with the seeker, your using all the skills and spent money where it didnt really belong, while the others are testing and playing around while your still scrambling to get **** together, your not the only one who has been around for awhile and know how the game works
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Why would you even choose a path without making sure all of the Demon skills are as they have been shown here?

More then a few of the Tideborn Sage/Demon skills were "tweeked" once they arrived here b:shutup

*shrugs* I guess you could always switch cultis...Overall though I have to lol because I am sure you have a lot of Culti to do and your Wraith's Ploy...Why my baby is kind of frozen atm at level 77...Culti is a pain in the rear to catch up on if you have not been keeping up b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • LyuFong - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Why would you even choose a path without making sure all of the Demon skills are as they have been shown here?

More then a few of the Tideborn Sage/Demon skills were "tweeked" once they arrived here b:shutup

*shrugs* I guess you could always switch cultis...Overall though I have to lol because I am sure you have a lot of Culti to do and your Wraith's Ploy...Why my baby is kind of frozen atm at level 77...Culti is a pain in the rear to catch up on if you have not been keeping up b:sweat

I really hope that demon bias doesn't affect seekers as it has affected other classes.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I really hope that demon bias doesn't affect seekers as it has affected other classes.

Since Seekers can't use fists or anything else to get 5 APS, the spark won't weigh as heavily (I hope).
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thank you all for laughing at the OP for this predicted QQ thread, it feel great knowing that there are still a decent amount of sensible, patient people left playing this game. b:victory
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Serafe - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Wow wow wow! The flames hurt me!

I will bypass the flames.

I did decided to go demon because of the increased channeling time more than the interval, though both will be nice. It will be interesting to see how seekers evolve! Luckily with no skills out there yet, I won't learn any, so if I need to switch to Sage I can always do that.

One last thing about power leveling. I do not disagree that you will know your skills really well by the time you hit 100. I told you, I did this with other characters, my cleric and my BM. But it was fun for me to power level! I have been playing this game a few years and I have learned that if it is fun, you should do it, because it's a game.

But bottom line, when you hit 100 after playing your seeker for 3 months (or more) we will both have been playing the seeker for 3 months (or more) so your "better at your class" argument simply doesn't work. The difference be will that I will have done higher level instances with various parties in lots of situations, using those skills. Simply different, better or worse is subjective based on your play style and personality.

Different ways to play. All of you on your high horses insulting my intelligence need to calm down!

b:kiss
  • Kreigan - Lost City
    Kreigan - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Culti is a pain in the rear to catch up on if you have not been keeping up b:sweat

The truth lah!!!!!!!.

I got a irritating reminder of how long and spastic the damn lvl 29 culti is........Dunno if it the right lvl...but it's the one where you have to keep running back and forth from general summer to the mines, then to silver pool and the taoist.....BLEAH!!!!!! Thanks god THATS over-__-
  • Lupifer - Sanctuary
    Lupifer - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well gratz on having a decent job.

I can't understand, you power-leveled a character you didn't even know you would like all the way to 90. How much have you even played on it? Only enough to bring it to the head room every run? Yeah i'll admit I oracled through the 30s, only because I've done it before on the CN version. You missed out on a helluva lot of fun in your BHs. The game is about having fun in the process. From what i hear end-game is pretty boring anyway. Why would you wanna rush to that?
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Well gratz on having a decent job.

I can't understand, you power-leveled a character you didn't even know you would like all the way to 90. How much have you even played on it? Only enough to bring it to the head room every run? Yeah i'll admit I oracled through the 30s, only because I've done it before on the CN version. You missed out on a helluva lot of fun in your BHs. The game is about having fun in the process. From what i hear end-game is pretty boring anyway. Why would you wanna rush to that?

Funny fact, he rushed to the ninetyes, said he plays the way he wants, and now is QQing about not having demon spark...

Enjoy your time as a benchwarmer seeker, because only a really stupid squad would invite you to any fcc 90+
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • ryukage
    ryukage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Funny fact, he rushed to the ninetyes, said he plays the way he wants, and now is QQing about not having demon spark...

Enjoy your time as a benchwarmer seeker, because only a really stupid squad would invite you to any fcc 90+

Um... FCC is one of the instances where Seeker has the potential to be one of the best classes for it lol...

Anyways, just gonna hammer some of the unneeded elitism in this thread:

If he power leveled, that's his decision. Let it go. No need to get butthurt over it. You don't know for a fact that he sucks at playing Seeker, you're only assuming he does. Grinding doesn't equal "playing skill" in this game. I know power levelers who know their characters inside and out, and I know grinders who still cause squad wipes over the same stupid decisions they made when they were lv40.

You also don't know for a fact that what he did was boring for him. You're assuming it would be, because it sounds boring to you. He played his character the way he chose. At least watch him fail before you condemn him for -gasp- playing the game differently than you chose to. He obviously favors the endgame experience over the early game, and if he already grinded two different characters to the endgame, I'd say he's earned that right at this point. It's not that damn hard to figure out what to do in BH squads when you've already been running them for years on other characters.

By this time next year, both you and him would have owned a seeker for a year. You might still like to think you're better than him for grinding through it, but the harsh reality is that the two of you will have had the exact same playtime, and likely will have equivalent playing ability. You just will have gained yours in a different fashion. But I can almost guarantee you that it won't make you any better than him or anyone else for that matter.

tldr: Get off his nuts. If you play one of your high level characters and wipe because of a fail seeker, take your aggression out on the one who actually failed. Not the one posting in the forums. Elitist BS like this is why PWI is already half-dead inside.

Cheers.
    edited March 2011
    ryukage wrote: »
    Um... FCC is one of the instances where Seeker has the potential to be one of the best classes for it lol...

Anyways, just gonna hammer some of the unneeded elitism in this thread:

If he power leveled, that's his decision. Let it go. No need to get butthurt over it. You don't know for a fact that he sucks at playing Seeker, you're only assuming he does. Grinding doesn't equal "playing skill" in this game. I know power levelers who know their characters inside and out, and I know grinders who still cause squad wipes over the same stupid decisions they made when they were lv40.

You also don't know for a fact that what he did was boring for him. You're assuming it would be, because it sounds boring to you. He played his character the way he chose. At least watch him fail before you condemn him for -gasp- playing the game differently than you chose to. He obviously favors the endgame experience over the early game, and if he already grinded two different characters to the endgame, I'd say he's earned that right at this point. It's not that damn hard to figure out what to do in BH squads when you've already been running them for years on other characters.

By this time next year, both you and him would have owned a seeker for a year. You might still like to think you're better than him for grinding through it, but the harsh reality is that the two of you will have had the exact same playtime, and likely will have equivalent playing ability. You just will have gained yours in a different fashion. But I can almost guarantee you that it won't make you any better than him or anyone else for that matter.

tldr: Get off his nuts. If you play one of your high level characters and wipe because of a fail seeker, take your aggression out on the one who actually failed. Not the one posting in the forums. Elitist BS like this is why PWI is already half-dead inside.

Cheers.
    you sound like one of those posters that QQ to stop QQing on a QQ thread. Cept u didnt make your own thread and just made a post instead ;o

its a public forum so both sides have the right to say and do whatevers. The OP knows this and possibly accepts it (as already seen), or else he would have had the intelligence not to post such things.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grats, you rushed to 90 on a PvE server. What will you do after next week when you are 100?
  • D_Artaganan - Heavens Tear
    D_Artaganan - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Bwhaha another foolish player bites the dust. b:laugh

Oh and btw OP you should have looked at the skill tree before hypering your seeker to lvl90. That should have clued you in on NO lvl 79 nor DEMON/SAGE skills yet. Geeze I don't care how long you played, because obviously you don't know nothing about taking your time. The key word is TAKING YOUR TIME with new characters.

Peace out fool!
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Grats, you rushed to 90 on a PvE server. What will you do after next week when you are 100?
    ^Fo shizzle, what will you do? :o
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    The OP Might Have a Good Reason for this Thread

I really can't find a good reason for people to flame the OP for his questions regarding the incompleteness of the expansion. Some people believe that when a product meets the market it should be finalized and well presented to meet customer's satisfaction. Unfortunately, this expansion is not one of those, and for someone who may not have been here during the time of the Tide expansion might not know that PWE releases half-azz finished, work in progress patches.

Repetitiveness of the Game Encourages People to Level Up Faster or for a more Difficult Goal

How long have this game been going for? 2-3 yrs now? Typically, after about 20-30 levels on one class, the quests are the same for all classes. So if you already had played this game several times leveling other chars, why do it all over again - doing the same quests with a different class? The substances and new quests in this expansion can be explored in a week's time or less. I can understand why so many people are eager to level fast. Some might want to see how well the new classes play out endgame wise and how good it is in PVP. How hard is it to kill a mob and kill more of that same mob but with a different skill?

Longer Time Spent on a Class is Not the Only Factor and Sign of a Smart Gamer

It doesn't take long to learn to play a class, It only takes like a second to click a skill and see its effects after reading the descriptions of the skills. People who are complaining about these hyper level players claiming them not knowing how to play their class must not know how to read English and how to analysis and compare things when they see it. This skill does a certain amount of damage, and that steals aggro which I shouldn't use when I am not the tank, I should combo this skill with that - this is not rocket science. I've seen bms who'd played for one year and don't know when to use hf in nirvana. It's not just about how long a person's been playing this game or a class that determines if that player is good. People can not only learn just from existing information and knowledge, but also from their mistakes. I'm sure alot of people here on the forums knows Asterelle, now if she has a level 90+ Seeker at the moment, those who here flaming this thread claiming that they won't squad with a high level Seeker/Mystic atm would probably have no problem doing other wise.

This is a Game and We All Have Different Goals and Play Style

I'm sure a lot of people here knows about Ecatomb and PWI wiki as their source for game mechanics and other things. Where do you think the information found on those pages comes from? Slow leveling players that takes ages to level? Exploration is different for different people. To the OP, it could be being the first few to discover unexplored potentials of the new classes. Why patronize a person for trying. He might have made a mistake on becoming a demon before the skills are released, but others can learn from it and should be thankful.

Atm, I have enough Nien Beast Packs saved from last Spring to open and level my Seeker beyond lvl 90. I choose not to as I want to catch up on culit quests for skills and because I had no knowledge of what demon/sage spark gives. So thank you OP for your mistake! :D
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011

QQ

wait what? why on earth would seekers get -chan instead of -int from the demon spark?
    you only purge once #yopo