Is it a bad thing that you want to try out every class in pwi

tkbam
tkbam Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
im planing on trying out ever class and even if there forced female and cant change.
i was just wondering because i dont want any one to think im dumb for asking this and im a guy by the way and why i came about this weird question is because im playing as a veno and i dont want people to think im perv or any thing i played many mmorpgs and this is the first one that i have ever played that had female forced class.
Post edited by tkbam on

Comments

• Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    as im sure u know the way u personally look in game.. ur gender.. ur skin color.. all that.. must match who u r in the real world.. so if u dont have a tail, or bunny or fox ears in real life... dont play a veno

its good u asked this question because it matters a lot what other ppl think of u playing what u enjoy
  • krelianmage
    krelianmage Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    90% of venos are actually perv old men.

And same goes for female archers. specially those with big ****
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Somewhere along the lines, I think people forgot that these are supposed to be games, not dating websites, play what ever damn gender you want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Somewhere along the lines, I think people forgot that these are supposed to be games, not dating websites, play what ever damn gender you want.
    hmm no this is all serious buisness

havent u read any of escorians posts?

escorian 3:16 and the escorian commandment says thou shalt not post on the forums with a lvl 1 shop alt or be a toon u dont personally look like
  • tkbam
    edited March 2011

WOW I AGREE WITH YOU i have seen many mmorpgs with people who i cant stand to see make fake dates or weddings OMG JUST LEAVE IT ALL TO REAL LIFE FOR DATING AND WEDDINGS THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE FOR ALL YOU GAME REALITY NOOBS :b:angry
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    Tigriss - Heavens Tear Posts: 760 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    tkbam wrote: »
    WOW I AGREE WITH YOU i have seen many mmorpgs with people who i cant stand to see make fake dates or weddings OMG JUST LEAVE IT ALL TO REAL LIFE FOR DATING AND WEDDINGS THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE FOR ALL YOU GAME REALITY NOOBS :b:angry

I know quite a few people who are now married IRL that met on MMOs
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Males make up like 80% of the mmo population. Many of them make female chars. Lots of them make female chars cause they like to look at a female body instead of a male and readily tell you they are male. I dont see the point of feeling bad about a female forced char.
  • tkbam
    edited March 2011
    I know quite a few people who are now married IRL that met on MMOs
    well lucky them at lest none of them were stalkers or killers
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    hmm no this is all serious buisness

havent u read any of escorians posts?

escorian 3:16 and the escorian commandment says thou shalt not post on the forums with a lvl 1 shop alt or be a toon u dont personally look like

you fall in love with me or something you sure bring my name up more then enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Is it weird that I'm not really a wolf-human hybrid, but I play one in-game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    you fall in love with me or something you sure bring my name up more then enough.
    trust me two topics.. i dont bring u up as much as u bring urself up
    tkbam wrote: »
    well lucky them at lest none of them were stalkers or killers
    contrary to contemporary american teaching... ie their education device, the media.. there isnt a stalker or predator around every street corner or internet computer
  • TheBauhaus - Sanctuary
    TheBauhaus - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    It is a fact: All males IRL, who play females online, are pussies.
    It would also explain why my RL husband, who plays a veno, is the girl in our relationship.

I'm being super cereal.
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011

LOL Everyone on the forums is in love with you didnt you already know that?
    contrary to contemporary american teaching... ie their education device, the media.. there isnt a stalker or predator around every street corner or internet computer

Finally someone realizes that.
    "Jesus fricking christ on a pogo stick. Your a mass of fricking idiots I swear!"
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • tkbam
    edited March 2011
    Males make up like 80% of the mmo population. Many of them make female chars. Lots of them make female chars cause they like to look at a female body instead of a male and readily tell you they are male. I dont see the point of feeling bad about a female forced char.
    really i dont care for female chars or male chars as long as there a fighting class.
    and if there forced male or female im going to play as them to test out every class so really people should get a realty check for mmorpgs its just a game and trust me if its all you have in life i can understand i dont have much of a life my self but i dont sit here 24/7 playing this stuff i try to get out
  • tkbam
    edited March 2011
    It is a fact: All males IRL, who play females online, are pussies.
    It would also explain why my RL husband, who plays a veno, is the girl in our relationship.

I'm being super cereal.
    WOW i feel bad for you then but that dosent me you should think of every one on here who plays as different class thats a guy that acts like a little girl and im just trying out every class god how did this simple question get to this
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    trust me two topics.. i dont bring u up as much as u bring urself up

really cause if you look i wasnt even in this thread. not to mention every post you have posted in the past 10-20 you mention me. not to mention when do i bring myself up? your failure as a troll is horrible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • WritersBlock - Sanctuary
    WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No, it's not a bad thing to want to try out every class...I would guess that everyone has alts O.O

Hmm...I'm a real girl veno, but there are a few people that automatically assume I'ma guy b:surrender

BUT I also have a barb alt (male onlys) so whatever. Still have fun running around as a tiger ;p I just let people know "btw, I'm a girl barbie b:laugh"

Doesn't matter what gender you play online...to each his own.

What bothers me is people who lie about it and take advantage of other people b:shocked

I'm being super cereal.

Yay! someone else who says that! ;p

There are some rl couples that play this game (dating, engaged, and married) together and marry their characters too.

Whatever the case...it's their choice. O.O
    b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
  • dragon80blaster
    dragon80blaster Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    also there are plenty of females playing guy characters too. I noticed no one mentions this fact. Of course how can one realy tell if its a guy or girl they are talking to....BOOBIES!!!!....*clears throat* sorry but realy how can you tell. Very few play what they actualy look like in rl. And I am still puzzled to why they designed the untamed that way, the only race that is gender class specific. What did they not think that maybe guys would like to control battle pets? Or that maybe females would like to be barbarians?
  • Finra - Sanctuary
    Finra - Sanctuary Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Meh... another problem also is that even though I'ma female and I play a female seeker, I've been called a HE twice in one hour already .___.

Yes most ppl online are males, but not all. My name was nowhere male-like so idk whats going on in their lil brains! >.<;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Meh... another problem also is that even though I'ma female and I play a female seeker, I've been called a HE twice in one hour already .___.

Yes most ppl online are males, but not all. My name was nowhere male-like so idk whats going on in their lil brains! >.<;
    Does your seeker's name end in a vowel or a consonant? 'Cause everyone knows that all female names end in vowels and all male names end in consonants. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As english has no gender-neutral singular personal pronouns that I'm aware of, and given that MMOs are a male dominated population, it seems fair enough, since you can say "he" and be right 70% of the time.
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Tigriss - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    I just go by character sex till I'm corrected by the person. I have learned men are much easier on you if you call them a her then women will be if you call them a him.

I'm less likely to get yelled at if I call all female characters her or she.
    -Saitada
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thankies Crystalynnex
  • Svedra - Archosaur
    Svedra - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Meh, I'm a girl in rl and half my characters are male and half female. Cause it's a game and I can.

Go For Itb:victory
  • BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear
    BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    90% of venos are actually perv old men.

And same goes for female archers. specially those with big ****

female archersb:sin they sure do know how to rock it..an most dont even know they are doing that animation..I LOVE IT
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    really cause if you look i wasnt even in this thread. not to mention every post you have posted in the past 10-20 you mention me. not to mention when do i bring myself up? your failure as a troll is horrible.
    actually it was a joke but i dont think those exist in ur super "cereal" forum world

go get some fresh air before ur rage makes u explode
  • netoperusnovo
    netoperusnovo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Ok, sounds like we need a little bit of philosophical approach :)
    This is an artificial world, and you can do whatever you want, as long as you don't break the server rules. Although, some of your actions might turn other players against you, since behind every character, there is a real person with emotions, and limited patience. For example, you might do something (stealing an item, offending someone), that will upset a guild member, and the whole guild might be after your rear end, which happened to me once in another mmorpg, and I enjoyed that time greatly. But, then again this is what makes these games interesting, and this is why I don't play Elder Scrolls - a great game with no multiplayer option. I'm pretty sure the time of single player games has ended a while ago. Regardless of how good single player games are, the experience of dealing with artificial opponents is nowhere near the joy of interacting with real players. Example: "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" - a great game, that I played, and enjoyed, but the lack of multiplayer feature made me go back to mmorpgs.
    What is tricky about mmorpgs, is that many players hurt themselves buy hurting others; many unexperienced players leave games just because they are being defeated by stronger players too much. I mean everyone can take only so much defeat. Imagine getting killed constantly as soon as your character spawns - there is no challenge, no competition, just frustration. That's why it is important to maintain the balance. There is a limit to how much defeat/humiliation or just about any other feeling (even love) anyone can take. I'm after balance, and I hope you guys are too.
    There is also something that I have observed about myself as I have been playing games. After a while, you become very sensitive, and your expectations go very high - this can lead to a lot of frustrations, since it is harder to meet your (now higher) expectations.
    The most important thing to remember, is that no matter what two people meet, they can always learn something from each other, or, in other words, everybody has an incredible potential, that, unfortunately, is rarely seen by others. Whether you will be able to see this potential, or not, depends on how you interact with the other person - so I would advise balance and courtesy. Some people might take very seriously, what you think is of small importance. That's probably why there is age requirement on most human activities, whether it is a game, driving a car, or shooting guns.
    The thing about actions is that they always bare consequences, that we are rarely able to predict.
    Now that I think of it, this might be where the very essence of our fears lies...
    The expectation thing is actually mentioned in this presentation:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited March 2011

Id disagree with the %, at least for Perfect world (Game seems to attract a lot of girls and women for some reason - Source : Vent (I know there be voice changers...)), but its true, I prefer to stare at and dress up a sexy female char than some bloke I could never, ever get to look like me.

Also, with my rl face/body, id be target number one on my server b:cry

---Oh, im male btw, 90% female chars, 1 male barb b:cool
  • netoperusnovo
    netoperusnovo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Not sure where I saw it, but someone said that a perfect person is able to approach everything both from a female and male perspective - so it might be that, or just a plain biological lust for sex. If you think about it, sex is one of the very strong drivers in the world. No matter who you are, at some point, you will feel lust. Religion is another driver, although I'd rather call it beliefs - a more general term.
    I'm male, and I chose a female venomancer just because I think they look better. For what reason I did that -I'm unable to distinguish. It might be that they look close to an image of a perfect partner, that is usually created by mass media, or marketing, and is being implemented in our minds since we're born. Even though most of the time we realize that judging people by how they look like is very misleading. Or it might be for a simple reason that outfits look better on female characters than on male characters. I'm really not sure, but I am pretty sure that it is a personal preference.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As english has no gender-neutral singular personal pronouns that I'm aware of,

it kindof does; people have been using "they" as a singular gender-neutral pronoun since Shakespeare and even before him. there's a couple of catches with using it that way, but they're not bad ones.

and yeah, i'm trying every class in the game too. half my chars are male, half female, just 'cuz. i don't mind if people call me by my character's gender, it's not like it hurts me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • BlackFlame - Harshlands
    BlackFlame - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i think it is your decision that u want to be male/female.
    Still. The thing that 90% venos are male... don't like that saying. Many in my guild has a veno as a main or a high lvl (90-10x), and they are females themselves. My main is a veno too. And i am a girl. Don't like to play male chars cause they swim and walk funny to my mind. Well, playing a barb too, am still a collector :P
    Anyway, I can handle that every squad i'm in doesn't know if i am male or female. but when they don't believe i'm a female after i tell them (happened once), then its a little... cant say insulting but makes me think i shouldn't play veno at all.

don't know about female archers tho.