Seeker Usable Weapons...

Options
Bellcross - Harshlands
Bellcross - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
From what i noticed Seekers can ONLY use Swords and Blades (not old Claw ones)...this is a bit disappointing... i mean, i wanted to have a bow as well, it's actually a bit unfair considering that BM's can use Bows, Sins can use Bows and Fists, Archers can use Fists and even Barbs can use Bows and Fists...will something be done about this?

For a class that has a high dex attribute it's unfair not being able to use a Bow... b:shocked

PS: what will we do at FC's when we have to kill heads? b:cry b:surrender
Post edited by Bellcross - Harshlands on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    battosai and staggering strike attack fast enough to kill 2 heads and thats channeling the skill no need to worry about a bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Seekers have an aoe remember... so do what the wizards do, start a duel, turn on skill, have seeker kill the person in duel with skill, skill keeps channeling, then start heads. With this method, 2-3 seekers/wizards can cover most of the area heads spawn in.
    »Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Not sure if its bug or not. In wanmei, BM skill Dragon Bane, in the skill description, one of the weapon that need is "long whip".....is that mean BM can use whip in future....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is nothing new..... people found out seekers would only be able to use swords and blades months ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have a better solution. Limit bows to just archers, limit fists to just BMs etc... hell daggers are JUST for sins. They haven't caught up other aspects of the game. The new classes are right on par with having specific weapon use allowed. It's the old classes that are behind and didn't have proper constraints. ........Or we could just completely mess up the game and limit bows to clerics, fists to wizzards, daggers to barbs, claws to venos, magic swords to BMs..... get the picture ???
  • Nethare - Dreamweaver
    Nethare - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Or to fix a problem we could start with the problem instead of breaking everything else in the same direction. Unclasslock everything.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you cant even find a couple of skills to kill the heads, u should really quit fc.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Din_Toran - Sanctuary
    Din_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, somewhere I have a screenie of a cleric whipping out a set of clams in a TT run. I mean really, some things are just stupid. If anything, the classes should be limited to their accordant weapons.

Archer: Bow, Sling, Crossbow
    Assasin: Daggers
    Barbarian: Axe/Hammer, Polearm
    Blademaster: Axe/Hamer, Fist/Claw, Sword, Polearms
    Cleric: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)
    Mystic: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)
    Psychic: Soulsphere
    Seeker: Sword/Claymore (A claymore is a form of sword for you noobies that ccan't seem to tell.)
    Venomancer: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)
    Wizard: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)

But they will never limit the previous classes because it will mess up everyone that's spent oodles on carrying the wrong weapon. Then you've got a rather lage part of the playerbase complaining basically because they were hax and it's broken now. (really fixed though)
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yeah, somewhere I have a screenie of a cleric whipping out a set of clams in a TT run. I mean really, some things are just stupid. If anything, the classes should be limited to their accordant weapons.

Barbarian: Axe/Hammer
    Blademaster: Axe/Hamer, Fist/Claw, Swords, Polearms
    Cleric: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)
    Mystic: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)
    Seeker: Sword/Claymore (A claymore is a form of sword for you noobies that ccan't seem to tell.)
    Venomancer: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)
    Wizard: Wand, Glaive, Pataka, Magic Sword (which should do more phys damage for mele)

But they will never limit the previous classes because it will mess up everyone that's spent oodles on carrying the wrong weapon. Then you've got a rather lage part of the playerbase complaining basically because they were hax and it's broken now. (really fixed though)

I agree ! (with the addition of barbs and BMs both being able to use polearms)
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    hmm... my mains name is Battosai... imma start charging for that seeker skill >_>
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear
    ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    the reason i switched to seeker is because of the blade/swords lol. Tried it on a BM got bored with it. But since Seeker focuses on them I was like eh what the heck I will give it a try lol. And did you at least try to equip a bow? Sometimes it just labels weapons in a way showing this is the weapon you need for a skill but it does not mean you cannot use others. I have been meaning to see if I could shoot some arrows myself.b:laugh
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options

No, just... no.

If someone wants to use a type of weapon that they have the stats to do so then they should be free to do so. Who are you to declare that a certain class should only be able to use a certain type of weapon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear
    ClannedWolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    No, just... no.

If someone wants to use a type of weapon that they have the stats to do so then they should be free to do so. Who are you to declare that a certain class should only be able to use a certain type of weapon?

I agree with you on that. For example. Sins shooting with a bow actually comes in handy from time to time. due to the whole dex thing they could crit a lot just shooting with it. You will even see archers using fist weapons for when mobs are close this also comes in handy for one it saves arrows because the mob is obvously almost dead by the time it reaches them. Some people take this multy weapon pretty far like clerics using axes lol. But hey whatever makes you happy and have fun. The only real limit is what skills can be used with a certain weapon out this I agree with. But as for the armor and weapon selection the fact it was so diverse is one of the reasons I love this game. b:victory
  • Vaktoth - Sanctuary
    Vaktoth - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have a better solution. Limit bows to just archers, limit fists to just BMs etc... hell daggers are JUST for sins. They haven't caught up other aspects of the game. The new classes are right on par with having specific weapon use allowed. It's the old classes that are behind and didn't have proper constraints. ........Or we could just completely mess up the game and limit bows to clerics, fists to wizzards, daggers to barbs, claws to venos, magic swords to BMs..... get the picture ???

This has nothing to do with being "on par" with some ridiculous restriction of weapons and their basic auto-attack moves for "balance". My opinion, not a fact stated by PWI, is that constraints on this matter come from not having to make new animations for the new weapons for the old classes. Needless to say upgrading the original classes seem to be an almost zero priority for PWI.

Also, claymores do not really exist in PW, they are normal swords with resized skins, and they would seem to be unwilling/unable to make such resizing conditioned to the equipped weapon.

I have to agree that somethings people do are ridiculous, but if you don't like them just don't squad them. Let them have their fun their own way.

Regarding balance, the common logic behind it suggests that great damage is granted to squishies and not-so-great or even low damage to high survivability classes.

That's why wizzies and psychics nuke, archers do to but have a little more hp per lvl/vit since they can actually miss from time to time, sins weapon requirements imply they wear light armor, barbs have roughly 2-3 true dd skills and true form increases survivability but nerfs weapong damage.

That said, think again what is it that is really broken. Well, besides being able to get 10k+ hp from armor refining.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You guys miss the point. Of course a bow comes in handy for your "heads" in your FCC runs, duh. But this doesn't mean they should have been smart about it from the beginning. Weapons should have been more tightly class restricted than by points, too many classes are built or can be built the same point wise. If I WANTED to use a bow, I would make an archer. If I WANT to use a magic sword, I'll make a cleric, or a wizzy, or a veno. But, because I'm a BM with sufficient dex, I too can use a bow =\

However it's way too late because too many ppl would QQ over a change on this all now. Would I, no, not at all; at least then I think people would chose more carefully over what class they chose to play. At least then we wouldn't have BMs running around with bows or barbs running around with fists/claws b:thanks
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What do you care, if you want to use a bow on an archer then do so, why are you so bothered by other people using different weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    What do you care, if you want to use a bow on an archer then do so, why are you so bothered by other people using different weapons.

It doesn't entirely bother me, I mean heck, it's how the game was initially designed so... It's meant to be I guess. It only stinks if you're looking for a specific class for a specific reason, only to find out after they join the squad that they aren't what the squad actually needs since they deviated from what one would believe to be the build for that class.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    It doesn't entirely bother me, I mean heck, it's how the game was initially designed so... It's meant to be I guess. It only stinks if you're looking for a specific class for a specific reason, only to find out after they join the squad that they aren't what the squad actually needs since they deviated from what one would believe to be the build for that class.

because an archer using claws is not a DD, because a barb using claws cannot tank at all, because a veno using claws cannot debuff right?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

Except that everyone who invites a sin into a squad expects their build to be able to use a bow, so they can nerf themselves.

There are certain times when letting someone else tank is very healthy for the sin. Using Chill of the Deep to nerf aps becomes useless after about the 5th hit, since the increased attack lvl compensates for the damage normally dealt (by aps).

My sin does triple the amount of damage per hit with chill active, so when she crits it's a damn big number and with high dex, she can crit 4-5 times in a row, which usually ends with her stealing and often times keeping aggro.

Using a bow on my sin allows me to DD effectively on bosses that could otherwise flatten her in just a few hits, especially bosses that like to debuff p.def/m.def. Without that kind of flexibility, I'd have spent more time standing in a corner doing not much of anything while the rest of a squad killed bosses my sin couldn't tank. That's not exactly very useful.

The fact of the matter is, the older classes are allowed to be flexible in certain situations while still maintaining their core build, within reason of course. The new classes (seekers in particular) cannot deviate even slightly, and that makes them less desirable to not only play, but to even consider bringing into a squad.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • killersarequiet6
    killersarequiet6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think that any class should be able to use any weapon, with restrictions on skills of course.
    ANYBODY can pick up a bow or whatever and use it, so why not our characters.
    The thing is, just because anybody can pick it up and use it doesn't mean they can use it well.

Set debuffs per weapon.
    Classes other than archers using bows, reduce the accuracy,
    Classes other than BMs and Seekers using swords, cut APS or DPS,
    Classes other than BMs using claws or Fists, cut APS (Gonna get QQing for that, but hear me out)
    Etc.

BUT Add a Weapon Trainer NPC who gives a quest chain (Similar to Crafting) to earn mastery, cutting the reductions, from levels 1-3 then at 50 (like crafting) give a quest chain to neutralize, and from 60-105 give quests to increase weapon mastery more to actually reverse the reduction, and add accuracy, DPS, APS or whatever on top of normal.

But make the quests actually challenging to get the increase, like, almost ridiculously hard.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    every wep available to every class or none to all tbh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I see the only people vehemently against weapon restrictions are the ones who are already going against the grain so to speak. Take Rawrgh for example, a 5aps barbarian. His HP suffers greatly. Sure he's gonna do more damage but barbs are NOT damage dealers. They are TANKS. If you wanted a DD'ing class with fists then should have rolled as a BM. I see Venos with fists and I just laugh and wait for the fox glitch to screen and report. The ONLY weapon that should be available to all classes are any weapon under level 20 for example. That way an arcane user can still obtain quicker chi with a pair of leather fists, and people are actually able to *gasp* play their class the way it was intended! :O
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    qq more?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I see the only people vehemently against weapon restrictions are the ones who are already going against the grain so to speak. Take Rawrgh for example, a 5aps barbarian. His HP suffers greatly. Sure he's gonna do more damage but barbs are NOT damage dealers. They are TANKS. If you wanted a DD'ing class with fists then should have rolled as a BM. I see Venos with fists and I just laugh and wait for the fox glitch to screen and report. The ONLY weapon that should be available to all classes are any weapon under level 20 for example. That way an arcane user can still obtain quicker chi with a pair of leather fists, and people are actually able to *gasp* play their class the way it was intended! :O

b:chuckle b:laugh b:victory
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Except that everyone who invites a sin into a squad expects their build to be able to use a The fact of the matter is, the older classes are allowed to be flexible in certain situations while still maintaining their core build, within reason of course. The new classes (seekers in particular) cannot deviate even slightly, and that makes them less desirable to not only play, but to even consider bringing into a squad.

Seekers have sufficient range skills to actually damage from afar if required (however this is only effective at higher lvls when you have said skills).

2x Metal skills with a range of 20m at lvl10
    3x Physical attack skills with a range of 20~25m at lvl10
    3x Debuffs which can be cast from 20m at lvl10

This basically gives them the flexibility to do both melee and ranged damage depending on the situation. However given that theyre HA, its probably better for them to be at melee range of the boss/mob.

Conclusion: A seeker's core build is flexible enough without having to use different weapons.

What kind of deviation are you looking for? Ability to 5 aps...for another HA class? Or ability to use bows and not use any of their high dmg ranged skills?
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. Who made you the almighty god of PWI and decided that it was up to you to choose how everyone should play their class? It's very ignorant for you to say "YOU SHOULD BUILD THIS WAY AND ANYTHING ELSE IS WRONG"

2. "HURR DURR BARBS ARE TANKS NOT DD GO PURE VIT NOW"

no, shut up, you're stupid. No way in hell a barb is going to tank at endgame without going claw/fist build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    1. Who made you the almighty god of PWI and decided that it was up to you to choose how everyone should play their class? It's very ignorant for you to say "YOU SHOULD BUILD THIS WAY AND ANYTHING ELSE IS WRONG"

2. "HURR DURR BARBS ARE TANKS NOT DD GO PURE VIT NOW"
    no, shut up, you're stupid. No way in hell a barb is going to tank at endgame without going claw/fist build.

these two points... each by themselves they're reasonable enough, but one after the other they seem to contradict each other.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver
    CaenisSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I have to say I watched a Seeker trying to kill kunkun yesterday. I think he could definitely have killed it easier with a bow. b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How come noone ever complains about armor not being class locked? Venos clerics and wizards should be forced to all wear arcane armor since they are magic-based classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    How come noone ever complains about armor not being class locked? Venos clerics and wizards should be forced to all wear arcane armor since they are magic-based classes.

Helms should only be worn by HA classes.
    Hats should only be worn by AA classes.
    LA classes cannot wear any headgear whatsoever, since there is no dex-based headgear.

On the other hand, capes add to Evasion, which is clearly aimed toward dex-based classes. Thus, only LA classes can wear capes. Other classes cannot.