Mystics: Wizards are obsolete.

baconlube
baconlube Posts: 0 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Mystic
Let's be honest, the only reason why wizards are played is so that they can 1 hit people endgame, (well, only some classes like archers etc.) but with absorb soul etc. I'm pretty sure mystics take out the highest endgame damage award.

can anybody confirm this? I have a level 22 mystic that can hit 2.5k damage.. if wizards can beat that...
Post edited by baconlube on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    baconlube wrote: »
    Let's be honest, the only reason why wizards are played is so that they can 1 hit people endgame, (well, only some classes like archers etc.) but with absorb soul etc. I'm pretty sure mystics take out the highest endgame damage award.

can anybody confirm this? I have a level 22 mystic that can hit 2.5k damage.. if wizards can beat that...

Is it aoe? Cuz psychics can already hit harder than us with black voodoo + stone smasher.. where psychics fall short is the aoe range of their skills (8m for them vs 12m for us.. we hit more than twice the area per aoe). I've also heard that the mystic ulti is different in pvp and pve.. so I'll hold my judgment for now.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    Eliaera - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So it's like this

1-QQ mystics replace clerics
    2-QQ mystics replace venos
    3-QQ mystics replace wizzies *you are here*
    4-QQ mystics replace psychics?
    5-QQ mystics replace archers?
    6-QQ mystics replace barbs?
    7-QQ mystics replace sins? *win*
    8-QQ mystics replace seekers? lolwut
    9-QQ mystics replace 5aps? <-- end of the world and the genesis prophecy comes true
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Is it aoe? Cuz psychics can already hit harder than us with black voodoo + stone smasher.. where psychics fall short is the aoe range of their skills (8m for them vs 12m for us.. we hit more than twice the area per aoe). I've also heard that the mystic ulti is different in pvp and pve.. so I'll hold my judgment for now.

Absorb Soul (at lvl 10):

Channel 5.0 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 2.0 seconds

Deals Physical Damage equal to 125% of your Magic Damage plus 2270 to players.
    Deals Physical Damage equal to 200% of your Magic Damage plus 4484.5 to monsters.
    Absorb Soul cannot cause a critical strike.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Absorb Soul (at lvl 10):

Channel 5.0 seconds
    Cast 0.8 seconds
    Cooldown 2.0 seconds

Deals Physical Damage equal to 125% of your Magic Damage plus 2270 to players.
    Deals Physical Damage equal to 200% of your Magic Damage plus 4484.5 to monsters.
    Absorb Soul cannot cause a critical strike.

thats not the skill in question.. and that doesn't even compare to the damage a wizard can do.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    So it's like this

1-QQ mystics replace clerics
    2-QQ mystics replace venos
    3-QQ mystics replace wizzies *you are here*
    4-QQ mystics replace psychics?
    5-QQ mystics replace archers?
    6-QQ mystics replace barbs?
    7-QQ mystics replace sins? *win*
    8-QQ mystics replace seekers? lolwut
    9-QQ mystics replace 5aps? <-- end of the world and the genesis prophecy comes true
    LOL.

Quoting this because it's so funny.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    thats not the skill in question.. and that doesn't even compare to the damage a wizard can do.

I know it doesn't compare but that's the skill the OP was talking about and the only skill that is different in pvp and pve (so I thought you referred to this one as well).

Ok there might be a one mystic skill that's comparable to wiz ultis called Thicket. Problem is that we might have a description problem with that skill. It says it gets 12x weapon damage (which is ridiculous to believe) and from what I've heard people who have that skill say it's definitely not that much.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I know it doesn't compare but that's the skill the OP was talking about and the only skill that is different in pvp and pve (so I thought you referred to this one as well).

Ok there might be a one mystic skill that's comparable to wiz ultis called Thicket. Problem is that we might have a description problem with that skill. It says it gets 12x weapon damage (which is ridiculous to believe) and from what I've heard people who have that skill say it's definitely not that much.

its the correct discription. the 12x applies once the full total dmg has been dealt. thats where it comes from.

no one should really complain tho. its the ONLY nuke skill (with exception of absorbed soul) a mystic has. the great great great majority that a mystic does comes from the pet summons. a mystic actually relies on the dmg from there pets more so then venos. absourbes soul and thicket are the only 2 skills that really do any significant dmg.

and absourbed soul is a physical atk spell. so that means it will tickle HA and even LA builds. its only really good against other AA classes.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    its the correct discription. the 12x applies once the full total dmg has been dealt. thats where it comes from.

no one should really complain tho. its the ONLY nuke skill (with exception of absorbed soul) a mystic has. the great great great majority that a mystic does comes from the pet summons. a mystic actually relies on the dmg from there pets more so then venos. absourbes soul and thicket are the only 2 skills that really do any significant dmg.

and absourbed soul is a physical atk spell. so that means it will tickle HA and even LA builds. its only really good against other AA classes.

I see. So how long does it take to deal the full damage?
  • Minimus_ - Sanctuary
    Minimus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Just to compare:

Thicket
    Focuses Sparks to summon plants, which deal
    Wood damage equal to 12 times Weapon
    Damage plus 6500.
    Has a chance to Silence and Freeze the target.

Requires two Sparks

Sage Bladetempest
    Focus all of one's vigor to create countless flames that fly towards the enemy,
    causing the target and all enemies 12.0 meters around the target to
    suffer both physical and Fire damage equal to base magic damage plus 200%
    of weapon damage plus 6200.0. Has a chance to cast a the cost of only one Spark.

Requires two Sparks

Sage version has a 50% chance cast at the cost of only one Spark.

Stone Smasher
    Use all of one's energy to invoke the spirit of the Mountain.
    Slams the target and all enemies around it.
    Attack all enemy targets within 8 meters,
    dealing damage based on your attack, plus 400%
    gear's magical attack and 10253.1 Earth damage.
    Reduces target's attack speed by 30% for 8 seconds.

Requires two Sparks
    Middle lane, middle lane.. b:shutup
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, mystics imo don't compare with wizards. Wizards are purely an offensive class, mystics are way more geared toward support. People play wizards because they rock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    baconlube wrote: »

I do 7k with lvl9 Divine Pyrogram and 10-12,000 with lvl1 BID >> and it's 300% weapon damage bonus, 5k with Pryogram and Gusg and 6k with that stone skill. Play a wizard first before calling it obsolete.

Also wizard doesn't burn through MP in 10 seconds like mystic does. Hell wizard gets Wellspring Quaff that INCREASES it's max MP XD.

Just like pyschics(another class I have played for a long time), mystic will bottom out while wizard CONTINUES to grow in damage because of ridiculous weapon damage bonuses.
  • Mooy - Heavens Tear
    Mooy - Heavens Tear Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Soul absorb is a long channel skill. It deal less damage in PvP. It is not AoE.

Just don't worry about it...not much people will willing to get to lvl90s, Mystic burn mp too fast. I wonder what are the herbs and mp power's price now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    visit jd-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=393891 to read the translated chapters of Zhu Xian.
    Forum Translator of Jade Dynasty, pm me if you need to translate anything. Can be any PWE game.
    Mystic's skill list updated. Final version of lvl11 skills and lvl79, 100 skills.
  • baconlube
    baconlube Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    well keep in mind soul absorb does double damage if you use natures vengence before it, it does double damage. In addition, its ulti is NOT affected by pvp, only soul absorb is affected by pvp.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    i think the balancer on the ulti is it doesnt say it factors your base magic damage. thats a huge chunk of damage not accounted for.

BIDS is 500% weapon damage and base magic.

so Thicket has 700% more weapon damage but no bonus from base magic damage. for most end game 700% weapon damage is going to fall short of base magic damage, unless they went all vit/HA build or something stupid.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • magena
    magena Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, mystics imo don't compare with wizards. Wizards are purely an offensive class, mystics are way more geared toward support. People play wizards because they rock.

This and the fact mystics aren't 'replacing' any class. They are, basically Creators (Biochemists) straight out of RO. Replace potion toss with Healing (self, party and even homunculi) with MP draining skill like Break in the Clouds. Instead of Homunculi, you have summons. Instead of using a stem to call plants to do their bidding, you can just conjure plants to do various effects. Too bad mystics don't have that awesome attack that hits 10 times with a high chance to break all of your opponent's equipment. Would love to hear the QQ~

The other way to see this is mystics are just a little bit of everyone else, but will never achieve the full potential of the other classes. They will never purge like a venomaner. They will lack a cleric's over- all healing ability. They will lack the wizard's devastating attack power. I am not saying they are weak, but I doubt they will be able to dish out the damage like a wizard in end- game. Psychics... never played one to compare with a mystic.

As a cleric main, though, I find it amusing to reply "res plz" with "I don't have that skill." It's funny to see their reactions in Nirvana with that statement.

Revive =/= Resurrect b:bye
    Playing a healer since 5/29/2001.
    Proud Sanctuary player. If it has some practical healing skills, I play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • the2029
    the2029 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Rev plz? haha

To be honest, I think that although we are basically a culmination of other classes, we do have our own thing going on, and will have our own ways of PVP.

I think we actually have more possibilities PVP wise to keep it fresh, compared to other classes.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    i think the balancer on the ulti is it doesnt say it factors your base magic damage. thats a huge chunk of damage not accounted for.

BIDS is 500% weapon damage and base magic.

so Thicket has 700% more weapon damage but no bonus from base magic damage. for most end game 700% weapon damage is going to fall short of base magic damage, unless they went all vit/HA build or something stupid.

O.O You're right, how could I've missed it..Well this changes thing A LOT. Without the basic magic attack, even though it's 12x weapon damage, it's comparable to other classes ultis. And everything makes sense again lol
  • Rainmasta - Lost City
    Rainmasta - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    O.O You're right, how could I've missed it..Well this changes thing A LOT. Without the basic magic attack, even though it's 12x weapon damage, it's comparable to other classes ultis. And everything makes sense again lol

huh....you know i might actually make a mystic knowing this. if base magic attack doesn't affect as many of their skills (especially their most powerful ones) i think an LA or HA mystic would be epic. (like how people make LA and HA venos :P ) especially considering their 80% pdef selfbuff. the only issue with that, i suppose, could be the fact that mystics absolutely devour mana, and less magic means less mana and slower regen :P
  • Echolight - Dreamweaver
    Echolight - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    you guys at least need to remember its ups and downs

mystics: cost too much mp yet theyre good overall
    wizards: er... dps good yet squishy
    psychics: may be strong with their spells but they will be very squishy

(my opinion)
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    huh....you know i might actually make a mystic knowing this. if base magic attack doesn't affect as many of their skills (especially their most powerful ones) i think an LA or HA mystic would be epic. (like how people make LA and HA venos :P ) especially considering their 80% pdef selfbuff. the only issue with that, i suppose, could be the fact that mystics absolutely devour mana, and less magic means less mana and slower regen :P

It's true that this would be a reason pro LA or HA but there are many reasons against it.

First of all this is the only skill(except summons and plants) that is not affected by base magic attack. Other skills including heals are dependent on it. Secondly as you said mp is a problem, mystics may be the most mp consuming class so far. This is a class you do not want to waste its magic points, more so that the pet's mp pool is influenced by yours. So LA, HA is not a good idea.
    edited March 2011
    seriously if you guys want to tank use salvations support buff skills. getting salvation to lvl 10, putting on verdant shell, and toping it all off with spider vines weaken debuff and will be the same as putting on LA or HA armor while having high elemental resistances, i guarantee u that.

if you really want to tank then do that. salvation is such a good pet to beef up mystics survival rate, it REALLY is. u just got to lvl her.
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    As I understand it, your summons' attack power (both physical and magical) is determined (at least in part) by your own base magic attack. So the summons too are affected by the mystic's base magic attack -- not just the heals and attacks.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    As I understand it, your summons' attack power (both physical and magical) is determined (at least in part) by your own base magic attack. So the summons too are affected by the mystic's base magic attack -- not just the heals and attacks.

Maybe...well.. I'm not sure if it's the base magic attack or just the weapon damage that's affecting them. For example, I tried comparing my pet's attack before and after i set my 5 points in magic after I leveled and there was no change. Then again maybe 5 points are too few to change its stats. i guess i should try stacking them to like 20 and put them all at once and see if it's any change.
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    No offence, but Wizard is one of the most fun classes to play, they will never be obsolete. They have epic damage, not only endgame, but throughout the game. They are a 1000 times more fun to play than Mystic, we have almost no mana problems (Glacial and Cleric mana regen buff do wonders + mana regen gear + Quaff + Sutra + Sparks), and we do not rely on summons, I can easily 2-hit kill most mobs on my lvl 85 Wizzy. Most people say Wizards suck because they don't know how to play one. A Wizard is ridiculously easy to lvl if you know how to kite at lower lvls (under 20-30) and pay attention to the mob's element (don't attack a fire mob with a fire spell). I tried a Mystic, lvled it to 35 and got bored of it, no challenge, no fun skills. :s

Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion. Trying to stay polite but most importantly, honest.
    edited March 2011
    jiq wrote: »
    No offence, but Wizard is one of the most fun classes to play, they will never be obsolete. They have epic damage, not only endgame, but throughout the game. They are a 1000 times more fun to play than Mystic, we have almost no mana problems (Glacial and Cleric mana regen buff do wonders + mana regen gear + Quaff + Sutra + Sparks), and we do not rely on summons, I can easily 2-hit kill most mobs on my lvl 85 Wizzy. Most people say Wizards suck because they don't know how to play one. A Wizard is ridiculously easy to lvl if you know how to kite at lower lvls (under 20-30) and pay attention to the mob's element (don't attack a fire mob with a fire spell). I tried a Mystic, lvled it to 35 and got bored of it, no challenge, no fun skills. :s

Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinion. Trying to stay polite but most importantly, honest.

thats all a matter of opinion. i personally cannot stand to play a wizzard even at end game. dont even like the looks of them.
  • Eliaera - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    jiq wrote: »

Trust me no one will argue with you that mystic has mp problems xD. However I think you should know not to judge a class when you played it for just 35 levels or expect many fun skills at this level. My main is a wiz so I know what you are saying but I found Mystic to be just as fun as my wiz was at these levels. But if I am to compare the classes overall I'll wait till my mystic is high level as well.
  • necrowind
    necrowind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011

That is not completely true, im a lvl 53 (almost 54) mystic and i dont even use my summons at all, or the plants, only for bh runs, but i find it easier without summon for me, and i can even tank a few mobs at the same time bcoz im not pure mag. and u waste less mp too bcoz u dont need to summon the......summon and healing it. but u just need to heal urself.

I does do this: nature's vengeance - absorbed soul ( if mob still alive) - nature's vengeance

if i use spark and nature's vengeance b4 absorbed soul i can easily do 12-14k dmg.
    edited March 2011
    necrowind wrote: »
    That is not completely true, im a lvl 53 (almost 54) mystic and i dont even use my summons at all, or the plants, only for bh runs, but i find it easier without summon for me, and i can even tank a few mobs at the same time bcoz im not pure mag. and u waste less mp too bcoz u dont need to summon the......summon and healing it. but u just need to heal urself.

I does do this: nature's vengeance - absorbed soul ( if mob still alive) - nature's vengeance

if i use spark and nature's vengeance b4 absorbed soul i can easily do 12-14k dmg.

i can tell u this now. u wont be a good DD and u wont be any any kind of good party. my absourbed soul does more dmg then that without spark. and im not near ur lvl at all.

your post is prime reason why all mystics should steer clear of LA and HA builds. you have pets, let those tank for u while u reep the benefits of full magic... not only that but at later levels a full magic mystic will have a pets that tank better then any LA mystic. it just makes no sense to wear LA. venos can get away with it, mystics cannot.

once a mystic gets higher levels and higher gear there pets should have no problem tanking mini bosses at the very least. so whats the point of LA? ill tell you. there is none.

oh and btw. you have 1 post count and your post was made on march 6th 2011 (today). sorry but i have to dub ur post as pure BS.
  • Tamedpanda - Dreamweaver
    Tamedpanda - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    my 49 mystic beat a 7x wizard, nuff said.

(sorry just wanted to try being a troll rofl)

its true though, the wizard didn't bother getting some ground between me and him, so my Devil Chihyu and Punishing Sting kinda ripped him apart.

I do understand that was only PvP and has no effect on PvE.
  • Kyreah - Raging Tide
    Kyreah - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    necrowind wrote: »

I can tank several mobs at once and not lose more than 10 hp, and I'm pure mag >.>. The summons are there for a reason--to be used. If you want to tank mobs, you can use Salvation for perma-immunes to damage (hence why any mystic can tank at least normal mobs easily). If you won't use your summons, you might as well roll an FA cleric or a wizzie; the class kinda revolves around using the plants/normal summons, and clerics have better heals, while wizzies have better damage.

As for pet tanking, Chihyu doesn't need much healing during normal mobs after the 20s-30s, and you aren't having to heal yourself all the time (because face it, without the Salvation buff, mystics are just as squishy as any other arcane), therefore...you use less mana.

A mystic without summons or plants is pretty much a crippled cleric. b:bye
    xx LinneaSage - Level 66 Arcane Veno - {Retired}
    xx Ephemera - Level 46 Mystic - {Main}
    xx Kyreah - Level 29 Cleric
    xx Linneah - Level 24 HA Fox Veno